Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Veronica Mars; Movie
Topic Started: Mar 13 2013, 03:18 PM (2,152 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cool you got to see the movie :)

CBS for me on demand if you wait a week or two after it airs there are less ads.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I used to prefer on-line (cbs.com) to On Demand for GW and POI because it's there in widescreen (but not On Demand), but I've lately had a lot of freezing troubles with their site... so On Demand for me, and I just grumble-grumble about the parts of the picture I'm missing (but I can't afford to get the HD channels...)

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I gave HD now but some on demand offerings are not HD. :(

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey Shelle missed ya. How's the baby?

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did anyone get an email yet about the movie on DVD or blu-ray coming from the kickstarter campaign? :)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not yet... (Did you?)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
No, some people posted they had on the kickstarter site...

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've rad there's some controversy about the download site, which isn't a major platform? So there was a greater than usual demand for dvd/bluray when they thought there'd be more people opting for a digital download copy?

I do knowsomeone who got their blu ray this weekend.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I got my email about the DVD. The download site wasn't a "download" site, but rather UV, which is a streaming site where you own certain on there.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Got my 'has been shipped' e-mail. Cool.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
DVD releases to stores on Tuesday, too - ten bucks at Target, Best Buy, or on Amazon... (Seasons 1-3 currently on sale for ten bucks at BB, too)

(Now I thought Rob had promised Kickstarter-exclusive dvd extras, and one hopes that's still the case, but the back of the package (in its Amazon listing) shows the general release has an hour-long doc on the campaign...)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes Rob did say that...if it doesn't that is kind of annoying as it was a lot more than $10. I have the DVD in my lap and plan on watching it today...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
On one hand... I'll be disappointed, yeah, the stickers and shirt aren't really sufficient bonuses for a $50 pledge if we're getting the same disc the general public is getting...

On the other, it's not really about the rewards. The movie exists because we paid for it.

So I won't be MAD... just a lil' bit bummed.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When you read what they have on the kickstarter site now, it makes it sound like we just got the bonus features not available on the digital download. That being said originally it wasn't worded that way.

I watched the movie now..I liked it *but* I think that people who never watched the show wouldn't be crazy about it.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I went back and looked there, too... I don't think they changed the wording of the pledge categories (because they can't be edited - you'll often see mistakes in there that they have to correct elsewhere), but we're not crazy - I DO think several updates DID mention exclusive disc extras (but I'm not going to go hunting...).

I agree with that. Movie was 'fine' (and great fun for fans), but not real successful at being new-viewer-friendly...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://tvline.com/2015/07/10/veronica-mars-season-4-revival/

I haven't read the post-movie in-canon novels yet... Has anyone?
I haven't watched the CW Seed Dick minisode series yet.

I do think a Veronica limited run revival is a good plan and will happen someday... But I'm loving iZombie and am certainly not going to wish it a premature demise.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I only have one of the Veronica Mars novels, I haven't seen the second one IRL. I haven't watched anything on CW Seed, though that has nothing to do with the show directly just has the cast members.

I agree I want more iZombie first...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did you read the one you have, though?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haven't read the novels. Pleasantly surprised at how good - most of - the Stargate novels are, so maybe I will check it out.

Dick is my least favorite thing about VM so no on the minisodes.

I agree, while I love VM I now think of her as Jeannie on House of Lies so that might feel 'backwards' though I am usually fine with 'seeing' actors in new roles. I wouldn't want it to come at the cost of iZombie.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/22/kristen-bell-veronica-mars-reboot

I'm still very much enjoying iZombie.

I skipped all but the first one of last season's House of Lies, but do intend to catch up...

I like this news - http://deadline.com/2016/01/kristen-bell-ted-danson-star-good-place-mike-schur-nbc-comedy-series-1201680963/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: