Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Breaking Bad; Season 5
Topic Started: Jun 4 2012, 02:26 PM (4,519 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love this poster.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/first-look-breaking-bad-season-5-poster-crowns-walter-white
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me too! I just can't wait!!!!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When did the last season end? With the way they make us wait for the return of some of these shows I feel like BB is coming back sooner than usual. Not that I'm complaining, especially with Game of Thrones being done and Mad Men ending this coming Sunday. I'm going to be lost on Sunday nights for a few weeks!!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
4 ended last October. This one's starting in the same week of July we did last year (but will end earlier - only 8 shows... savor them...). It was the wait between 3 and 4 that was extra long (2 & 3 had started in March).

We're 46 in to what will be a total of 62.

7/13/13/13/8+8

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am annoyed that we only get 8 then have to wait A YEAR for the rest. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal
Jun 4 2012, 05:27 PM
I am annoyed that we only get 8 then have to wait A YEAR for the rest. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Me too! Call me a greedy bitch but I want more and sooner. ;)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/07/pl_breakingbad/
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/07/storyboard-vince-gilligan-breaking-bad/

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/breaking-bad-spin-off-movie/

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am SO ready for this show!!!!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/breaking-bad-star-aaron-paul-looks-back-at-jesse-pinkmans-greatest-hits

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/12/bryan-cranston-picks-13-favorite-breaking-bad-moments.html

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/breaking-bad-star-bryan-cranston-looks-back-at-walter-whites-greatest-hits-part-1

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL! I can't wait either. I may even stay up and watch it live!!! :D

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This show is glorious. Love, love, love, love, love...

So good.

Same main cast, minus Esposito, of course.

Bryan Cranston -- Walter White
Anna Gunn -- Skyler White
Aaron Paul -- Jesse Pinkman
Dean Norris -- Hank Schrader
Betsy Brandt -- Marie Schrader
R.J. Mitte -- Walter White, Jr.
Bob Odenkirk -- Saul Goodman
Jonathan Banks -- Mike Ehrmantraut

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/breaking-bad-vince-gilligan-bryan-cranston-347082

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, that ROCKED!!!!! The truck, oh God.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/07/15/vince-gilligan-on-how-breaking-bad-almost-didn-t-happen.html

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/53483/jesse-pinkman-freaks-out-on-the-price-is-right This made me happy.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So happy to see Mike again. His reluctance to getting involved in Jesse and Walt's scheme made me chuckle. Also pleased to see the guy (I'll always think of him as the guy who auditioned to play Kramer) who runs the junk yard again.

The truck flipping on its side was awesome. Walt's "Because I say so" moment was creepy and exciting. He's in full megalomaniac mode now. Makes me think his own arrogance will be his downfall. Looking forward to a big Walt vs. Hank showdown.

Surprised they had Ted survive his fall. Don't feel like we needed more of him but maybe they have something interesting planned.

My only reservation was the "flash-forward" intro scene. It made me think of the teasers that played throughout season 2, and I wasn't a fan of how that played out.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> I'll always think of him as the guy who auditioned to play Kramer

I always think of him as the downstairs neighbor on the first few seasons of Friends.

Ted surviving was a big surprise.

>> It made me think of the teasers that played throughout season 2, and I wasn't a fan of how that played out.

Really? I loved that...

The flashforward seems to be about a year from 'now' (with the last four seasons being spent as about one year). Walt turned 50 at the beginning of the series, and it's his 52nd birthday in the opening scene.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jul 21 2012, 04:05 AM
The flashforward seems to be about a year from 'now' (with the last four seasons being spent as about one year). Walt turned 50 at the beginning of the series, and it's his 52nd birthday in the opening scene.
I wasn't sure if we were supposed to believe it was really his birthday, or not. It was a fake ID. From New Hampshire and she called him Mr Lambert when he walked out. But it does seem odd that Walt would make a 52 with his bacon if it wasn't actually his birthday.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right. Kinda odd to have your correct birthday on a fake i.d. (but I have read it's pretty common - like, so when questioned, it's easy to answer 'what's your birthday?' correctly... but you wouldn't think Walt would need that...).

Season 2 - You didn't like the mislead in the flashforwards that the bodies being taken from the house WEREN'T people we knew, or...? I don't know what you mean by 'how they played out' - that Jane's Dad would be an air traffic controller, and... ?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jul 21 2012, 05:10 PM
Season 2 - You didn't like the mislead in the flashforwards that the bodies being taken from the house WEREN'T people we knew, or...? I don't know what you mean by 'how they played out' - that Jane's Dad would be an air traffic controller, and... ?
Yeah, I remember being pretty disappointed that nothing actually happened at the White's home. The teasers themselves were good, had my mind spinning. It just felt anti-climatic when they when they all fit together. Not that I wanted any of the main cast to die. Even a recurring character or two dying would have made me happy, lol.

I did appreciate that Walt's actions played a small part in the two planes colliding. But I wanted more shock and awe after being teased all season. Who knows, though, maybe I'll enjoy it more if I re-watch the season.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wouldn't say Walt's actions (or inaction, re: Jane) played a SMALL part...

The plane crash was huge, though yeah, not 'personal', victims-wise. But I'm sure we'll get blood closer to home at some point - I didn't need for it to be so early in.

And I still love that titles of the four episodes containing the future glimpses, with the ominous teddy bear eye floating in the pool, spelled out what was coming...
2.1 Seven Thirty-seven
2.4 Down
2.10 Over
2.13 ABQ

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
#2 was amazing. Love the spotlight on Mike. Jonathan Banks is always fantastic to watch.

So much tension... every scene...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/breaking-bad-post-mortem-laura-fraser-352699

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought the finale of season 2 was the best hour of TV ever, and last season finale second. Walt had EVERYTHING TO DO with the plane, if Jane had not died and dad had not been so distracted it would not have occured.

Love Mike as well. I was just in Iowa and Oregon IL for family stuff (hsb), more on that but have last nights to see. Still, the truck rocked. The magnet. Wow. What a start.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll have to respectfully disagree with the both of you on how much of a part Walt played in the planes colliding at the end of season 2. Yes, he did leave Jane there to die and that was the reason her father was grieving. But those planes collided because Jane's father behaved with negligence and extreme irresponsibility when he returned to work while still grieving. His job is one of great importance, and he wasn't capable of doing it. He shouldn't have been there. His superiors shouldn't have allowed him to be there. In my mind, that wasn't Walt's fault.

I will agree that last night's episode was another good one. Loved the focus on Mike. I wasn't exactly sure why what he went through with the mess Lydia made caused him to change his mind about working with Walt. Because the DEA froze his $2 million? The scene with Hank and Gomez was awesome! Jonathan Banks is so fun to watch.

The final scene with Walt and Skyler was so creepy I had to turn away before it ended.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Because the DEA froze his $2 million?

That, and I think he's trying to find some reason NOT to kill her... kinda like how Jules lets Tim Roth keep the money from his wallet in Pulp Fiction. He doesn't HAVE to do it, it's probably a bad idea, but... a 'softie' moment. Binding her to new business might prevent more bloodshed.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG I must have been asleep for a month, just realized no more AMC on Dish??? :rant:

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
2buddy4u
Jul 29 2012, 12:24 PM
OMG I must have been asleep for a month, just realized no more AMC on Dish??? :rant:
AMC, which hasn’t been carried on Dish Network since the end of June, announced Thursday it would offer Dish subscribers the chance to stream the fifth season debut of “Breaking Bad” for free this Sunday.

HURRY!!!!

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 29 2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks Gate!!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good episode. Didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two but that's OK.

Cool to see Badger and Skinny Pete again. Hoping they get mixed back into things.

Skyler's "Shut up!" moment reminded me of Julianne Moore's character's "STFU!" outburst in Magnolia. Happy we got to see a little more of Marie. I miss her. Enjoyed it when they gave her more to do.

I could see Walt's point about not wanting to pay the guys that Mike is trying to keep quiet. But he was the one who asked Mike to be a part of this, so you'd think he'd understand why any of those guys talking could be trouble for all of them. Love Walt and Mike butting heads and both thinking they're the one in charge.

What was Walt getting at in what he told Jesse about Victor? I can barely remember Victor, much less how he died.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: