Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Kim Zimmer Tells All
Topic Started: Jul 22 2011, 12:29 PM (4,162 Views)
jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah the general concensus is everyone is disappointed that there is nothing about Watros. Its mentioned in quite a few of the reviews I've read. I guess some stories are best left untold, but damn i really wanted to hear that one!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nothing about any of the women!!!! The only thing she said in the last 1/2 of the book was that her "good friend" CC picked her up off the floor once when she passed out drunk. Nothing re CW, LW or anyone!!!!

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It doesn't surprise me at all that Zimmer would not talk about any of the very talented actresses that she co-starred with on GL. She always came across, IMO, as wanting to be the Diva on the show, with no competition.

I suppose she wouldn't mentioned Watros because didn't they dislike each other immensely?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Does she talk in detail about any feuds or rivalries at all?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> didn't they dislike each other immensely?

By the end, I think. Not at first (think they met in a play reading or workshop several years before CW was on GL... memory might be hazy), and maybe not still, but there was a lot of talk of 'tension' during... Michelle Forbes, too (she was my favorite of the Josh/Reva obstacles and my favorite GL actress-that-has-gone-on-to-bigger-and-better-than-soaps).

I love Kim, but she did love being 'the star', that's pretty easy to see...

shelle_cr
Member Avatar
Contributor
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax, I know what you mean :)

Michelle Forbes was great. Actually, these are the eppys that aired in the CR so I saw it all, before it started and after it finished. Sadly, I don't remember much.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Based on one of the interviews I saw, Zimmer originally had more than half the book already written when she got a contract with the publisher. The 'co-author' Morton was brought on, and really knocked out a lot of stuff that Kim had written on the grounds that "nobody wanted to read Kim's private rants." She says she was too brutally honest with her opinions, and came around to Morton's notion that the book needed to be more restrained. Given how brutal she is describing her own warts, I have to give her credit for this decision....though I am sure that fans would much rather read her rants, even if they disagreed with them.

Given that perspective, it's a good thing she said so little about her co-stars, as I would bet a bunch she mostly had criticisms and gossip. lol "If you can't say anything good..."

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That so much of the Sonni storyline was stalled/delayed, written by hacks during the writer's strike, and altered from its original plans so much... and against ALL odds - it (mostly) WORKED... a huge testament to the actors and the concept of 'happy accidents'. The whole thing was ludicrous on paper... good and bad twins, long cons, amnesia, multiple back-from-the-deads... but some absolutely brilliant performances from KZ, RN, Forbes, and Joseph Breen. Some riveting edge-of-your-seat stuff, for sure.

I love all that she's done with her career, but I still kinda wish Forbes had stayed with the show another year or so (post-big-story, she was briefly paired with a just-returned Zaslow, and it would have been great fun to see more of them together). Or I'd always hoped she'd return for a quick arc sometime (something non-Josh/Reva-related, like, for Brent/Marian Crane - when that guy very badly needed a shrink, and Sonni was a psychiatrist that herself had issues with identity disorder...).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was pissed as it was like love them or hate them, the women didn't count or exist. Even when you say something ugly about someone, it's like you are at least acknowledging them.

She does admit to drinking a fair amout, 3 glasses of wine at lunch yet. Blames her weight gain on menopause, I can relate some, but Zimmer seems like she and an exercise machine have never crossed paths. She said she gained 40 pounds, methinks more. But still seemed to think "Reva" was still a sex pot, that all men loved her still. Now don't get me wrong I have put on around 15 or so myself since my size 4 days, but work out like Hell and watch everything I eat to hold it at that. And with her temprament I think exercise would help.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The book did remind me of all the awful sl's we were forced to endure. Clone, time travel, Reva in SC. Awful. Her descriptions of Peakpack were pretty fun I have to say. She explained all of the awful muscis (remember that?) in that they had probelms with the mics, were not getting a lot of dialog, so they would just drown it out!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't hate all of the clone story. It was stupid, but it had bits about it that I could buy into (we'd seen Josh lose Reva before, and understood that he'd do ANYTHING to not have to go through that - put the kids through that- again... so of course if there's a mad scientist hanging around the next time she 'dies', you...).

The time travel thing was one of the worst stories ever told. Ever. By anybody, in any medium.

Hated San Cristobel (but liked CC/Olivia and DAM/Edmund, just wish they'd done different things with them...).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh man, time travel. RR must have had a hard time getting into some of those costumes without gagging!

Re SC, I loved CC and Edmund as well. But then the prince and later Jonathan came from that SL, ugh.
Remember how they'd take off from Springfield and be in SC an hour later? now that is time travel I'd like to see!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I finished the book too. There are things I liked in it, and others I didn't. Some of the incorrect information and typos were frustrating.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
yeah people talk about the clone story as if it was the worst thing ever on GL, but it wasn't a bad story at all imo..just very different for GL.

The time travel clusterf*ck, however was unwatchable.

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought the clone story started out okay ....it was realistic that Josh didn't want to live, yet again, without Reva. However it did, IMO, end rather silly. One good thing out of it: Joie Lenz was brought on the show and she proved to be a much better Michelle than NSA could ever attempt to be.

The time travel was so stupid I couldn't even watch it!!

I didn't hate San Cristobel as much as some did. CC and Edmund were great, and even the Prince and Cassie were tolerable in short segments. Unfortunately, it ended up taking over most of the show!!
Edited by Marg, Aug 18 2011, 08:24 AM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, Lenz was a good addition to the cast, but I did like her more as 'Reva' than as Michelle...

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm almost finished with the book and so far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Sure theres alot of things I wish were in there that arent but its been a good read thus far.

Some of the juicier tidbits she doesnt assign names to but its fun hearing the stories anyway. The actress who falls in love with her costars had to be about BE. Ouch! That was harsh but oh so fun to read. I'm dying to know what leading OLTL actress was sleeping with the ABC exec leading to her exit as Echo.

I dont find that lack of mentions for the women that glaring (except the exclusion of Watros) she does mention many of them she just doesnt gush about them like she does all her men. Loved the Elizabeth Hubbard mention where she talked about staying involved in big group scenes and Hubbard telling her just try to figure out who farted. I can hear Hubbard saying that...I giggled out loud on that one.

The pictures are nice though I wish there were more. The story of her stolen (and returned) Emmy was cute and I'd never heard it before.

Hearing just how bad it was in Peapack made me feel a bit better about all the bitching we did at the time. Yeah we were totally justified! She was a bit nicer to Wheeler than I thought she'd be but her real feelings were still pretty clear.

I'll finish it this weekend and post my final thoughts later. So far I'd definately recommend it to anyone that was a GL fan.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Big agree on Peapack. That had to be terrible fror them. And as I was livid about the music, I had no idea why they were doing that. I thought it was to attract a younger (deafer) audience. I have never liked loud music (maybe a am a touch autistic?) and my hearing is perfect. If I get to be an old lady I should have better hearing than most of these younger people who have deafened themselves with these appliances blasting nonsense into their ears.

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Aug 18 2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah, Lenz was a good addition to the cast, but I did like her more as 'Reva' than as Michelle...

Well, at least Lenz still has a career in acting, unlike St. Alban whose acting career has apparently tanked!!
Edited by Marg, Aug 19 2011, 09:05 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, Lenz getting nine seasons in primetime is nothing to sneeze at...

>> St. Alban whose acting career has apparently tanked!!

Who knows if she's even been trying? Three kids...

But I always liked Rachel Miner and Rebecca Budig better.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wonder where a lot of them are. How about PAS? Any sign of him any where?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not since a quickie cameo on Damages a couple years ago.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
PAS has been busy acting on stage. I've read about a few different plays (and musicals) he's been in since 2005.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Which totally counts.

(It's not like there are a lot of soaps for soap stars to bounce to any more, of course...)

I saw Rob Bogue (Mallet #2) in a little indie the other night, The Last American Playboy.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finished the book. Overall I liked it alot. Learned a few new things and was reminded of a few things I forgotten about. Agreed with alot of it. Disagreed with a few points. It did very much sound like Zimmer to me most of the time.

Its funny though there were a few sections where the co-writer did come through and the tone was slightly different. After hearing the story about her co writing for Lucci at the same time I can totally see those influences in certain parts and why Zimmer is miffed about it now.

I liked the way she paralled her life to Revas throughout so we had a reference point on her life and where we were in the show.

I did find it interesting that though she mentioned how much she hated the Josh/Cassie pairing several times I dont think she ever mentioned Nicole Forester by name even though she did mention by name pretty much every other actor when she spoke of their character (including Watros). Not that it means anything it just struck me as weird.

Fun easy read.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Aug 19 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm dying to know what leading OLTL actress was sleeping with the ABC exec leading to her exit as Echo.

Was that back in the 80s? I was going to guess Robin Strasser sleeping with Paul Rauch but he didn't show up until '84, and Zimmer left in '83. Plus, I think the Strasser/Rauch thing may have been in the late 80s.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah it was her first time around as Echo. She was pretty vague just that it was a leading actress and an ABC exec. Supposedly said lead actress was jealous over Zimmers fast rising popularity as Echo. I dont recall who all the lead actresses were on OLTL at the time. I might dig into that and try to piece it together one of these days.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wiki says Karen and Jenny Wolek were spotlight characters in the early 80s. Strasser had been on for a couple years when Zimmer played Echo, so it's possible she was considered a lead by then. Maybe she was sleeping with another exec.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Aug 22 2011, 02:14 PM

I did find it interesting that though she mentioned how much she hated the Josh/Cassie pairing several times I dont think she ever mentioned Nicole Forester by name even though she did mention by name pretty much every other actor when she spoke of their character (including Watros). Not that it means anything it just struck me as weird.

Fun easy read.
Do you know, until you mentioned her name, I had completely forgotten about Nicole Forester's time as Cassie. Maybe Zimmer did too.

shelle_cr
Member Avatar
Contributor
[ *  *  *  * ]
When you said Cassie / Josh I pictured LW, totally forgot about NF.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: