Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
~OLTL Spoilers & Discussion~; July 2011
Topic Started: Jun 25 2011, 12:08 AM (2,337 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

If you thought the scenes of Brody (Mark Lawson) last week with Natalie (Melissa Archer) and Jessica (Bree Williamson) were rather intense and emotional, there is a reason for that. Lawson expresses his appreciation to the fans for compliments he received on the scenes, saying "Thank you all so much for the kind words. The scenes this week were really important to me, as I know they were for the ladies as well. We poured a lot of soul into them. Those scenes were taped the day of the 'announcement,' for the record." The "announcement," of course occurred on April 14, when "OLTL" and sister soap "All My Children" were cancelled by ABC.

I noticed that was some of the best work I've seen from Mark Lawson, which really isn't saying much. But he did a good job. Unfortunate that it took the show being cancelled for him to pour some soul into his work.

I do believe today was Robin Strasser's last day at OLTL. On twitter, she made some mention of bringing in food and wearing her leather pants to work.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

But Natalie has big honkers…

:fall:

How reliable are the spoilers from Soaptown? Sounds like the Roger Howarth story may not be all that good. Can't say that I'll be disappointed to see Brody or those dull Ford brothers exit Llanview. Kim was gone before I started watching, but I do remember a couple members at another board I frequent singing her praises. Doesn't Kim play some part in the reason why Clint had David locked up in that prison?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

But it seems obvious now which Todd is the real one!

LOL! Exactly what I was thinking as I read that!

Very pleased to hear that we'll get to see Erin Torpey, again. She's one of my OLTL favorites! I think watching her grow up has a lot to do with it.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's right! Torpey was Jessica's baby. I was thinking she was Megan's baby, but her name was Megan. I think that was one of the times Viki went to heaven and Torpey was at one of the floors on the way up. Agnes Nixon was at the top, I think.

Also surprised TSJ is leaving so soon. Thought they'd play his story out a bit longer. I wonder if it has something to do with them being on a tight budget now that they've been canceled. I also wonder what TSJ thinks about being the faux-Todd all these years, and Howarth showing up to be knighted the real Todd, if that's the case. Sounds like it is.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

It's going to be interesting to see how Ford handles Jessica, so I am very excited by where the story is going!" However, judging by the reaction to the couple by many of the show's fans, he may be about the only one.

Do the fans hate Ford/Tess, Ford/Jess or all of the above?

Quote:

With any luck, "One Life" fans won't be subjected to either of Jessica's other alters, Bess and Wes, again before the show stops taping in November.

I couldn't agree more! Wes reminded me of Tommy and those other alters that came out towards the end of the Jean Randolph storyline. That's around the time I quit watching in the 90s.

Quote:

JPL Staying til the end

BOOOOOO! I'd love to see Rex leave town but I can see them keeping him around considering that he's Clint's son. This makes me think of the comment Robin Strasser made about JPL being an ass kisser, hehe.

Quote:

Jessica Tuck interested in returning

I was taking a break from the show when Tuck originally aired but for some reason I'm happy that she'd come back.

Quote:

St. John's advanced notice that he didn't plan to re-up with the show caused the storylines to shift so drastically that there wasn't enough time for a quick fix to simply go back and write his character back onto the canvas, says one network insider. This coupled with the return of Roger Howarth and the serial's cancellation, made it impossible for the brass to turn on a dime once St. John changed his mind.

This doesn't surprise me. It sounded like he was leaving earlier this. Seems like there was some mention of it being unlikely he'd resign, then he was going off for pilot season. I think I assumed he was staying when they started talking about him sticking around for the Todd/Todd storyline. I wonder if pilot season didn't work out for him and this is why he decided to stick with the show at the last minute.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212

I dont know what to make of the St. John situation. It seems there was always some kind of drama during his contract negotiations. I cant tell you how many times I've read reports he was leaving so I really cant blame the show for expecting that this time he really would. On the other hand I dont really believe they couldnt find a way to write him back in if they REALLY wanted to. Either way it just seems like really bad timing and now I really am afraid this whole s/l will suck big time.

It makes me think they kill off the character. How else would they not find a way to write him back in? With TSJ, I wonder if they felt like because it was so close to the end that they didn't need to do this dance with him again. Especially with the way it sounds like he's going to leave at each contract negotiation.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm barely hanging on with this show, and the spoilers don't sound all that interesting. I do want to see Robin Strasser's last days, but mostly because she sounded like she was pleased with her final scripts.

I don't know what to think...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · One Life to Live · Next Topic »
Add Reply