Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Modern Movies; The last 10 years!
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:25 AM (12,213 Views)
tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
FWIW, Dunkirk is a big screen kind of movie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Krystal, I had to laugh at your shoe shopping while watching Wonder Woman. I can't disagree with your assessment of the movie but I will say that I always go into this genre of film with my expectations firmly fixed on what kind of movie it is and what to expect. In that regard, Wonder Woman really exceeded my expectations. And I will just come out and say that it was largely boosted (for me) by all of the very strong women--acting very strong. Also Wonder Woman's lines in the modern (aka WWII) days. So often women are just victims or wall paper or even worse, paper laid down for puppy accidents in films (figuratively speaking, of course). If you haven't yet done so, I strongly suggest you watch Hidden Figures. Excellent performances and deep, deep, deep admiration for the women portrayed. They managed to do tremendous, groundbreaking work, period. And to do it while black, female, married with children and in one case, as a single parent! Talk about super heroes!

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Let me know what you think about Dunkirk. We went to see that in the theater and I think that was a good choice. It's a big screen kind of movie. I thought the acting was superb. Beyond that, I'll wait until you see it.

Sometimes I really like chick flicks and sometimes...not. I like a fair number of period pieces which I think are unfairly characterized as 'chick flics.' Sometimes, I like something just because I like the actors or because I am willing/happy to take it for what it is: good (sometimes a bit raunchy) fun. I liked Bridesmaids although I got married in a courthouse and went to work afterwards, and I liked Bad Moms, too. Unexpectedly, I liked Train Wreck, but probably not enough to watch again. I've enjoyed some good female friend type movies: Beaches (original only and I know far too sentimental for you but Bette Midler!) and First Wives Club (again: Bette Midler) and a few others. I find that I've really grown quite tired of movies where women are victims or are raped or are whores or villainesses. I like films about women's lives.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: