Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Modern Movies; The last 10 years!
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:25 AM (13,427 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Man, I really liked "The Next 3 Days" with Russel Crowe. Lots of action and suspense. Only had to suspend belief a little.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hurt Locker was very impressive.

Just saw a real loser, "Skyline", very bad Sci Fi.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
DenzelTGIR, I felt the same way. I didn't know ifjm this really could happen but went along for the ride so to speak. The trains were awesome. I liked all of the action also and that the relationships were secondary. Just a good movie to sit and watch and not have to do a terrible amount of analysis about. I almost always love Denzel.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tourist, ugh, we rented it and could not get through 45 minutes even with the 2 lovely looking stars. A sleeper good one is "Nebel Son", kind of a black comedy but thoughtful and a bit of a hiest thrown in. Hard to explain but surprisingly entertaining.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thor is not on my list.

Finally saw King's Speech, what a great movie for sure. Firth deserved the award. Made me think I need to go back and relearn some history.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, so we got Black Swan. Amazing performance, but I was confused about the last 1/2 hour or so. What happened? How did she end up stabbing herself? Was this stress from getting the job or did she flip from the drug? Did the lesbian sex really occur?

I don't like it when movies go over into the fantasy area and you don't know what is what.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked it very much but really was confused at the ending. Was she really injured?

Yes, the mother was a real trip wasn't she? Great acting all around. I never liked Portman much but have to say, she dserved the Oscar for this one.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Having just seen Swan, friends told us about a 94 movie with Porter who was about 12 at the time, "Leon The Professional". This was really good, the kid's family was killed and this hit man took her in. I recc it for sure. Kind of stylish, decent plot good acting.

Also recc "Taking Chance", sad movie but true about returning the remains of a soldier killed in action. Kevin bacon stars and directed. Really informing and heart wrenching but should be seen by everyone. Keep a hankie handy.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will watch Olyphant in anything.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rented the fighter. I did not like it a lot even though I do think it was a very good movie with greeat acting. i guess i just hate boxing, and the family was so painfully low class that it was ruined for me. I was ready to murder the mother and brother by mid through it.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rented "Hereafter". what a snooze. Kept waiting for something to happen. Nothing did.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rented True Grit last night. Have to say did not like it all that well, liked the old one way better. Maybe cause expectations were too high. 310 to Yuma or Tombstone or even some of the old Clint things were better.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
One winner and one loser. Winner is The Resident, great suspense without a lot of gore. Surprisingly good. Hillary Swank.

Big loser: Battle Los Angeles. Tried to be Independence Day, much action still boring. Even Aaron Eckhard couldn't salvage this terrible flick.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
"Unknown", too much like Taken. Liam needs to find some other type of movie. January Jones looks gorgeous in this one but I still dislike her, maybe it is the Betty I can't get rid of.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cedar Rapids is next up on my Blockbuster list.

2 more reviews, Adjustment Bureau. didn't like it much. Boring. Should have been the type of movie I like but it was ho hum and I really did not think Damon and the woman had all that much chemistry. Too bad.

A really wierd film which I did like called Surveillance, a David Lynch film. Pretty dark. About serial killers but with many twists. Not for everybody but then neither was Blue Velvet.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lincoln Lawyer, good movie. Best I have seen MM for a long time. I could have sworn this was a remake, or did I read the book? Plot seemed familair to me. Good cast. I love Marisa Tomei as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Am I the only one renting movies? Anyhow, "7 Pounds", Will Smith, overly long and really depressing.

"The Mechanic", a remake of an old Bronson with a lot more violence. Jason Statham you know, strictly action. I actually liked it for what it was. No romance, I hate it when they try to put some lame love story into a strictly action flick.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Funny, I loved to read Mythology. I especially loved the Roman Gods. But I don't like movies made from them or fantasy movies at all. I did not like LOTR, thought the little guy muttering Precious needed a blast to the head. Didn't like the books either, nor Potter.
I used to love Sci Fi, read all the big authors and I still love Sci Fi movies or TV but there are so few good ones. Watching Falling Skies just cause it is Sci Fi not very good at that.

I hate anything animated, no matter how adult the subject matter or how well done it is. Just hate it, can't explain why. When hsb rents something animated I actually have to leave the room it annoys me so much. Luckily he rarely does.

Maybe cause the Mythology was so richly told, anything we try to do with it is a fialure. kind of like some of the old horror films, as soon as you see the monster, it looks fake and is a let down. Bumps in the night or twisting doornobs are scarier.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
UGH! We just watched The Rite and it was awful!!!!!!!

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Company Men. I liked this a lot. Very thoughtful. Great cast. Surprised to see "Mr. Echo" as a supporting cast.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
As usual you are right. It was Walker. He has picked up a lot of weight and if he doesn't start watching it, he will be right in line with one of theTyler Perry movies. He was formidable in OZ for sure.

Yea, I recc the movie for sure.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really liked "Limitless". Enough Sci Fi withour being absurd. Somewhat plausible.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Watched "Burlesque", well kind of, read a magazine during it. Awful film. Terrible dialog, worse acting.
Christina can sing and dance but can't act, ditto Cher. Cher's face is totally immobile, too bad.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just watched Source Code, it was already here. Agree it really needed you to suspend belief to watch.
The ending, very confusing. If Jake's character was still communicating with the woman on the train, what happened to the guy whose persona he took (who he was seeing in the mirror). I hate time travel (on GL, Lost and anywhere else), so this then became a time travel story? I am asking rather than stating as the ending was so confusing. I didn't know what the Hell was going on.

I didn't mind it so much till then but ended up annoyed. Did enjoy the Chicago scenes though, and my office used to be across from the bean sculpture so that brought back memories for sure.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
No because he kept the train from exploding and therefore the guy would have lived as well as the girl.
Yes, i found that very annoying.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saw "Insidious", with Rose Byrne. Pretty bad movie. Started out with some potential then just went downhill from there.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Byrne was OK in this but the film just got worse with time. Blech. Oh well. Do have Bridesmaids on my list.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Every woman should watch Made In Dagenham, and if you have a daughter, have her watch it as well. This docudrama is set in 1968 England, where women employees were working under deplorable conditions at the Ford factory, and making a fraction of what the men did. These working class women with no education and humble backgrounds, had the balls to bring Ford motor to it's knees. The movie really made me think of har far women have come, and yet how many modern women have squardered the rights that these women worked to hard to get for them. See it.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quaratine 2: Terminal. Ok, so pretty mindless but if you like the Walking Dead, this is comparable.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
KM. this would be perfect as Pittsburgh used to be a union town as well. It would really be thought provoking.

Every woman should see this though, the older ones to remind us what we may have forgotten and the younger ones to learn what they may not know.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: