Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
In theaters now or coming soon
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:23 AM (6,195 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked it. I don't think I thought it was funnier, though I love the cast... I liked the music, but the last movie's songs are a lot more memorable.

Yeah, more for adults than kids, I agree (audience for it is likely half-and-half).

Disappointed some in relation to hopes/expectations, but I'm still really happy it exists.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, Muppets in Space wasn't great. But I DO love Gonzo...

I never got around to seeing Muppet Treasure Island.

I didn't love Muppet Christmas Carol, mostly out of fatigue with adaptations of the story, but it was the first with Steve Whitmire as Kermit, and that was a hard adjustment...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Furious Seven today with my parents. It was ridiculous and fun.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Inside Out - Blissful. And it feels like a true story...

Jurassic World - Good fun.

Good double-bill. Saw both in 3D. Same composer (Michael Giacchino) on both...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saw The Good Dinosaur yesterday. It was good. Notably light on plot, and disappointing for a Pixar because I'm not saying it was a life-changing masterpiece of art... but it really IS understandable and okay that they don't ALL have to be masterpieces (and I think 13/16ths of them were...). The art and animation was outstanding, as usual.

Star Wars on Sunday. Going to be avoiding spoilers 'til then...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Star Wars is fantasy, not sci-fi (Star Trek is sci-fi).

I am a child of Star Wars (but was always more of a 'fanboy' of Indiana Jones...).

I was not-quite-five when the original came out. I don't remember seeing it in a theater then, but I probably did...

I DO remember leaving Empire Strikes Back in tears, because I wasn't happy with my favorite character (Han, naturally) being frozen in carbonite and seven year-old me didn't get 'they'll thaw him out in the next one'...

(Eight year-old me was likewise upset coming out of Raiders of the Lost Ark - even though I LOVED it, and would - then and now - call it my 'favorite movie' - I didn't understand the concept of the James Bond-ish opening not relating to the main plot, and even though I had no troubles following the story, I was irritated that the idol stolen by Belloq at the beginning was not a story thread that really mattered or would be commented on again in the film, beyond Indy telling Marcus that he thought he could retrieve it in Marrakech... I was happy, years later, when one of the stories in the Marvel comic reunited Indy with the idol... another by the same writer told an ambiguous Abner Ravenwood-didn't-really-die story that was interesting...)

I loved Jedi. I'm ten years-old... perfect ending to me...

The prequel trilogy is/was deeply disappointing and flawed, but I don't hate them as some do. Natalie Portman was super-hot, and I like Ewan McGregor a lot and thought he was well-cast... the music, effects, fights were good... but George Lucas betrayed his babies, and the series is much better off for not being in his hands now.

I GENERALLY agree with Krystal that a film series is usually burnt after two or three entries. But I'm loving the Marvel Cinematic Universe (twelve movies and four tv series so far!)... I'm very, very excited and hopeful about Star Wars, and that it's never leaving our lives again - and yes, they won't/can't all be great movies, but...

I'm skeptical about DC/Warner Bros. being able to replicate Marvel's success with their shared universe, but I understand why they're trying... I understand why there's a new series coming set in the world of Harry Potter...

Some ambitious ideas are dumb. A shared universe of the Universal Monsters?... I don't think that's going to work...

Anybody see Creed ('Rocky 7') yet? I liked Rocky Balboa ('6') very much... sometimes, you CAN still have something to say, tell another story in the same world, even though we'd thought we'd seen the last of it...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked all of Back to the Future. 2 is the one that people usually have some trouble with, but I didn't... 3 - loved the Western elements...

Love Temple of Doom, love Last Crusade. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is terrible and one of the most crushing cinematic disappointments of my life, but kinda worth it for the South Park response to it...

Rocky V isn't 'good', but it's watchable...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That is a thing that audiences will sometimes do, but this was definitely a case of people waiting 32 years (or their lifetimes, if they're younger than that) to see this movie. That kind of excitement, the clapping and the cheering... Rare.

Yes, go watch SW, Empire, and Jedi. They are fun movies.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Doesn't seem like any of the fourth graders I'm with today saw it last night, so I'm unspoiled so far... Nobody being assholes on my facebook feed... today's Bloom County (re: SW spoilers) is very funny...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay... Had my Force Awakened.

Enjoyed it a lot. Good movie.

Odd dichotomy - though I detest people talking in movie theaters, I feel like my audience today was TOO subdued and quiet... We were there to watch the movie and that's good, but I kinda missed the cheering/applause that I KNOW the big hero moments, first appearances, and some lines were getting on Thursday and Friday, but didn't happen at a Sunday matinee...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I did 3D, but would do 2D (brighter colors) on a second viewing (which I might, with my parents..).

The 3D looked great, but it was a conversion - it wasn't shot in 3D...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: