Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
In theaters now or coming soon
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:23 AM (6,199 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me too! How did teh therapy go?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was awful. We turned it off about half way.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anyone see Lincoln yet?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't like Tarantino's films, they seem too forced or cartoony to me. Lincoln is on my list but def not is Mis. I cry enough in a regular movie. I'll see the Bond film one of these days as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I also want to see Impossibe about the Tsunami sooner or later.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The review was about what I had heard from some other sources. I'll pass for sure.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My parents took me to adult movies from the time I could recall. They were things like John Wayne and Richard Burton etc, all action stuff. But they also took me to horror films (Dracula, Frankenstein) and my mother who is a night owl let me stay up and watch Friday night horror films on TV with her till 1AM or so. By then I was about 5 or 6. The only movie which scared the living shit out of me was the original Body Snatchers and I ran all around our house looking for pods for months. Luckily it was a small house and i didn't have to look for long.

I kind of did the same with my step son who is now 35 (ouch). We would put on a kids show for him sometime but you can't get me to watch that stuff even if you tie me up. So he would see stuff like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Alien or whatever with us. No SAW or Hostel, Freddy or shit like that though. I love horror but still can do without those.

My parents did not go to drive ins but I started going with boyfriends and of curse there wasn't alot of movie watching then...
Even

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My Fav was Dragon Tattoo, the Swedish version was the best. Prometheus was probably my second fav from last year. I don't like the Saws or Hostels but will watch the Final destinations (go figure) but they are almost parodies to me.

I thought Hunger Games was only meh. I would not see the Hobbit as I hate fantasy, but love Sci Fi go figure that. Hated LOTR too.

Also saw Machete, wow, that is something to admit...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe I will check out Hostel then, I thought it was Saw on steroids. One Saw was enough for me.

I don't recall Last House.

Oh, see Cabin in the Woods, it is so misnamed and really a strange film but interesting.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
KM, I don't see my girl friends enough cause they are all in Chicago! I have not found good friends here in the Valley of the Botox. Most of the women here don't work and don't even volunteer at anything. They just shop and have mani/pedi's. They are totally self absorbed and not interested in world issues. The are Republicans cause their husbands are and after all you don't want more taxes so you can spend on the latest designer bag! It is depressing!

Re the movies, I was underwhelmed with Hunger Games, tried to read the book and didn't like it either. I really liked Lawrence in Winter's Bone, and thought that was a great movie. I did not like her in HG and I really don't know why at all.

I was surprised at "Cabin in the Woods". I expected much less,,,

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I won't see it but I don't like Crowe much anyhow. And it really kills me to have bad or even mediocre singers in a musical because they are "stars"/ Mama Mia was a total disaster cause Steep and Brosnan sucked. Saw the play and loved it.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Will be anxious for reviews on the new Star trek. I liked the last one better than I thought I would, and liked the casting, especially Quinto as Spock.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think I mentioned it earlier, I thought it was better than most of his movies. None of them are great, except maybe Anchorman which had me howling especially as it was really pretty true regarding women in what was previously men's jobs.

We don't watch many comedy movies, I used to like the Chevy Chase vacation movies, and of course Animal House the the Airplane ones...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked Flight as well. Will see Star Trek as usual when it comes out on DVD.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think Denzel was just terrific. He usually is, but the picture of him struting out in uniform with the sunglasses and flying the plane while high and drunk was really something...

He somehow manages to be the guy next door nd still a sex object..

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
He was very cute....

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tepid review for World War Z in the Times. M Enos plays Pitt's wife but does not get a lot of screen time I hear. I'll wait for the rental as usual.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I want to see star trek for sure. I was surprised at how good the first one was.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The new Sandra Bullock movie looks like it could be funny.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Please don't mention people coming back from the dead at this time to me.

Actually that is one of the sick humor ways I deal with things.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The new McConehey (sp) mvoie is getting a ton of great reviews. Dallas cowboy Club I think.....
He plays an AIDs patient, lost 50 pounds to do this.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I started the book, didn't like it. Got abut 1/3 into it, thought it was for 10 year olds. Didn't like the movie either but rented it. Don't care for Lawrence and think she is vastly ove rated. So I guess that
I won't be renting this one.

Will look fwd to Dallas Buyers Club but as usual nothing motivates e to go to an actual theater.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Has anyone seen Gravity yet?

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Times had a hilarious review of Arnold's latest movie, Sabotage. I guess it is a parody and comedy without trying to be. I was suprised to find that Josh Holloway, Mirelle Enos and the beefcake wolf man from True Blood are all co-stars. (The Times questioned their agents sanity.) Actually, I will be picking up a copy as soon as it hits the local Redbox, and with these reviews, should not be too long:)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Big write up in the time about the upcoming move Fury, Brad Pitt. WW2, really supposed to be violent but realistic portrayal of the tank squads. Also mentioned that Jolie is producing Unbroken based on the book. I read it and it was great. Both should be outstanding movies.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
NYTimes mentioned that, but gave it a very good review. I don't mind violence but hate animals getting killed...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
IF I went to theaters, (I do not), I would see Interstellar...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah we're planning on renting it whenever.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I really like the original Star Wars and I think the one after that, but if there were ones after that and I have to say I really don't even know I was obviously very not impressed with them. There is absolutely no movie in the world that will get me to go to in to a theater. I could care less about waiting 6 months or even a year to see it.

I do want to see the Martian but I'll probably read the book first. I absolutely hate 3d it gives me a headache. And I don't even like the big IMAX theaters. To me all the smells like the greasy popcorn and cheap candy are off putting. Plus I don't like being smashed in with a bunch of people.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like Jurassic world at all. I thought it was for 5th graders and would like scare little kids but it seemed like a pretty dumb plot. However it might be sort of been there done that with me. And it could be the same way with Star Wars. I'll listen to all their reviews, but like I said I won't see it until it get released which is going to be a long time think

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: