Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
In theaters now or coming soon
Topic Started: Jan 6 2011, 07:23 AM (6,750 Views)
Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I will probably see Creed ('Rocky 7') over the holidays if the weather here continues to be ungodly hot. I loved all the original Rocky movies. I watched the later ones on DVD. Some good some eh.

Loved the first 3 Star Wars not a huge fan of the next but am so looking forward to this latest one.

Loved Indiana Jones first one ... OK on the next 1 and then after that not so much.

Back to the Future 1 was fantastic, 2 was good, 3 sucked.

Yeah it's hard to keep up a good story and fresh.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked all of Back to the Future. 2 is the one that people usually have some trouble with, but I didn't... 3 - loved the Western elements...

Love Temple of Doom, love Last Crusade. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is terrible and one of the most crushing cinematic disappointments of my life, but kinda worth it for the South Park response to it...

Rocky V isn't 'good', but it's watchable...

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
No spoilers.....

Having no frame of reference I have to say I really, really liked it. Everyone else in the theater (and it was full) really seemed to like it too. I've never been to a movie where people clap and cheer at certain points during the movie so that was new and fun. Is that a Star Wars fanatic thing or is it just something that I missed somehow since i dont go to a ton of movies? I dont want to say too much but I did really like it and would strongly consider seeing the next one too (maybe after i go back and watch the old ones lol). I would recommend seeing it ASAP if you dont want to be spoiled and trust me you dont want to be spoiled!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
That is a thing that audiences will sometimes do, but this was definitely a case of people waiting 32 years (or their lifetimes, if they're younger than that) to see this movie. That kind of excitement, the clapping and the cheering... Rare.

Yes, go watch SW, Empire, and Jedi. They are fun movies.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was quite a fun experience. Even my hubby who had seen the originals but didnt recall much got very into the clapping and cheering as certain things and references jogged his memory. I cant wait for you guys to see it so we can talk about it!

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saw the original back in it's first run in theaters. We went with another couple to a dollar matinee. Had to dig in the laundry for missed change in jeans' pockets and in sofa cushions to be able to afford it. Had no idea what to expect. Ed and Grace had just said: you need to come with us to see this. It was terrific. A theater full of people, all cheering the way we did when we were little kids at Saturday morning matinees. Great fun. Saw all 3 in their first runs in theaters. THEN did the next one, which experience I cannot quite purge from my mind, try as I might.

Have heard enough to be looking forward to seeing this.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Doesn't seem like any of the fourth graders I'm with today saw it last night, so I'm unspoiled so far... Nobody being assholes on my facebook feed... today's Bloom County (re: SW spoilers) is very funny...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Dec 18 2015, 11:25 AM
Doesn't seem like any of the fourth graders I'm with today saw it last night, so I'm unspoiled so far... Nobody being assholes on my facebook feed... today's Bloom County (re: SW spoilers) is very funny...

Ashley who hasn't seen star wars gave me a big spoiler to plot line which I did not know. Her excuse was 'I thought everyone knew that by now'. I wanted to kill her. I chewed her butt out and almost pushed over the side of the boat. My kid is the WORST for spoiling crap. She just can't keep a secret. So far so good not being spoiled by others. I have 9 more days until I see it. I'm being very careful on what I 'click' on.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes be very careful to not be spoiled. Theres alot you dont want to know yet :starwarsfight:

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did you win tickets from a local radio station, jbrr?

I wasn't allowed to see movies in the theater when I was a kid. My Dad called it "The Devil's Picture Show". I had so many of the Star Wars action figures when I was young but didn't see the movies until I was in my teens (the mid-late 80s).

I saw The Phantom Menace in the theater and was so disappointed I decided I wouldn't bother with Episode 2 and 3. My brother-in-law sometimes tells me that Episode 3 is worth watching but I'm not sure I care enough to sit through it.

I'm curious enough to see this one but haven't convinced myself to sit in a theater with a bunch of strangers in over 2 years.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yep it was from a local radio station. I'm generally not a fan of sitting in theaters with tons of people either but it really wasnt bad this time. Everyone else was so excited to see the movie they were all very respectful (no ringing phones or screaming kids) and nice. They did clap and cheer but that was cool to me and it wasnt overly disruptive. I dont even think more than 2-3 people got up for pee breaks or popcorn/soda runs.

Usually if we go to the theater we opt to go to the more expensive dine-in theater that is always much less crowded (usually less than 15 people) and I typically have free or deeply discounted tix so its less expensive than a standard theater in the end anyway. Its funny we actually werent sure til the last moment we were going to go this time. We went to the theater (in a BIG mall, I'm sure since you are from around here you know which one bilki) but had talked about just giving the tix to someone standing in line if it looked too crowded and doing a little last minute shopping instead. At the very last second we just said "oh well we will try it and if it sucks or is too much we can always walk out its free anyway". Our first comments after leaving were that we were glad we decided to go. We really did quite enjoy the movie!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think I know where you went to see it, lol.

It gives me hope that someone who hasn't seen the other movies enjoyed it. I feel like I remember most of the characters but have probably forgotten some of the plot points from Episodes 4, 5 and 6. They were talking about things at work last night that I didn't remember.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pretty much THE big mall around here that starts with an E. Trying to get there this close to Christmas in the middle of rush hour was insane lol.

My hubby had forgotten alot of the stuff from 4,5, and 6 but there were several things that jogged his memory and he remembered quite alot on the ride home. We have decided to marathon them at some point soon before we forget anything that happened in this one. I dont know if we will watch 1-3 but definitely the others.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've seen 4-5-6 a bunch of times. First and seconds time, in the theaters when released. I'm sort of ashamed to admit this, but when I went to see Empire, I was very stoned, and the pot may have been laced. I had my very first panic attack, and was rushed to the emergency room. I was 21. It was the very beginning of my panic attacks, which have thankfully almost entirely subsided in the last 15 years.

I've only seen 1-2-3 once. I don't know that I'll watch them again. Maybe someday if I'm bored and nothing's on the dvr. :P

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've seen 4-5-6 a dozen times in theater and then on DVD. I've seen the 'other' 3 all at the theater but not a fan of them like the original trilogy.

Still haven't been spoiled. Only 8 days left. LOL ... I don't know what I was thinking planning it for my birthday and not trying to see it sooner. Silly me.

You know I don't do movies in the theater so this will be a big treat because it's one of those eating/drinking specialty theaters.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay... Had my Force Awakened.

Enjoyed it a lot. Good movie.

Odd dichotomy - though I detest people talking in movie theaters, I feel like my audience today was TOO subdued and quiet... We were there to watch the movie and that's good, but I kinda missed the cheering/applause that I KNOW the big hero moments, first appearances, and some lines were getting on Thursday and Friday, but didn't happen at a Sunday matinee...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax, you still have time to fly out and re-watch it again with us. I understand respect for other audience members but I'm sure I will cheer when my old buddies make appearances. :)

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Am seeing tonight in 3D.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
3D regular or IMAX?

I saw it regular non-3D or 3D IMAX... on Saturday night. There were parts I was giggling, but there wasn't any actual cheering in the theater.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I did 3D, but would do 2D (brighter colors) on a second viewing (which I might, with my parents..).

The 3D looked great, but it was a conversion - it wasn't shot in 3D...

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
There was cheering but the audience had quite a few teen/ young adult boys.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mine was 3D as well which I'm usually not a fan of but it was okay this time.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
When I go this Sunday, it will be in 3D. I'm not a fan of 3D but that was the only option. I'm kind of dumbfounded that the area I live in doesn't have more theater options in the area. We have a 2 old smaller theaters and the one new drink/dinner theater we will see Star Wars at. I've always lived near a BIG new theater so I find it strange.

Chris and I are marathoning the old Star Wars movies. He wanted to go in chronological order which I think is weird but that is what we are doing. Ashley is watching them in 'release date' order. She cracks me up because Star Wars I was the first Star Wars she saw and so far it is her favorite. Jar Jar ... really?

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
We like the dinner/drink theaters. The drinks can be a bit pricey but the one we go to makes an Oreo mudslide that is amazing!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: