Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Movies; The never ending thread :)
Topic Started: Dec 22 2009, 04:03 PM (5,857 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hated Annie Hall too and can't even stand the woman star Diane whatever
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, I never even counted being groped or having someone expose themselves to me as a sexual assault, if so I have been assaulted a hundred times at least, especially in dental school, and yes, by professors too. A hard slap or some profanity usually stopped them in their tracks.. but complaining probably would have got me thrown out.

KM, I Pittsburgh street smart girl you are, I carried a switchblade as well, and mace, in case someone wanted more than a grope. I took self defense classes as well. I had several men expose themselves to me here and there, but no relatives thank God. Once I was little (around 5) ran and screamed like Hell and my mother went looking for the guy with a pot. I am sure she would have brained anyone I pointed out, but he was long gone.

Someone flashed our whole majorette team at a game, but then it probably was just the opposing side trying to get us to drop our batons or whatever.

A guy in Chicago (homeless, harmless) would walk around our hood with his member hanging out. No one really bothered calling the cops unless he took a special interest in following them, then the cops would run him in for an hour and let his dick defrost. By then, he'd forgotten who he was tailing.

As drunk I was at time, especially single and in Pittsburgh, I must have had a guardian angel.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting about the Woody Allen stuff, I have not read any of it, like I said, I hate him and always have.

Few weeks ago there was a big spread on Mia's son Ronan who is brilliant and doing a lot of good charity work, worth finding if you can. No mention of Woody at all or family dysfunction.

Just heard about Hoffman, what a crime. Sad. Why was he living alone? Did he and wife (other, whatever) have separate places. He always struck me as strange but nice, and very talented.

Last week on the news they said 22 people were dead of heroin overdoses in Allegheny County (Pgh area), alone! They said the herion had been laced with some other heavy shit and this is why.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
News report said there were immense amounts of drugs, legal and not legal in Hoffman's apartment. And he has 3 kids that visit him? WTF? Didn't the mother know this? What if one of the kids got into this shit? Particularly now when some of the herion seems to be lethal!!!!

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Re: The Woody stuff. I know people can say terrible things about each other when they are getting a divorce. My ex told my parents I was gay (!!!!), being that I had several BOYfriends at the time, would have been a shot....But I tend to believe an accuser as well. And when the person has a history of bad or shady behavior, well that just piles it on.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just read the Times article. Sickening. I don't know if Mia did the right thing, better he was convicted, then maybe someone would put an award up his ass in jail.

I looked at the list of films etc and again, I didn't see many of them as I loathed the man for some reason just looking at him. And the ones I did see, I couldn't get around him, and didn't like them. I also strongly dislike Diane Keaton and her mannerisms and idiot clothing, so Annie Hall which i did see, I really hated.

Funny he had that effect on me. I find a number of actors pretty awful but just couldn't stand him from the first minute I saw him.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rewatched Prometheus last night. Think I acually liked it more this time. I think my expectations were too high originally.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't consider him an artist. He is a scumbag.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Even if you consider him an artist he still doesn't have the right to be a child molester.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah. I don't have a doubt.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rented Riddick. It was pretty bad. I liked the original "Pitch B;ack" but this was not so hot.

Also rented Enders Game, was very meh to me. I guess I don't tend to be transfixed by a 13 year old playing computer games. The story was the same really, old men starting wars for the kids to kill or get killed in. And of course human kind would probably wipe out any civiilzation it came across..

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Denzel has done a few rough ones, Training Day, and another I can't hink of this minute. Flight was very good I thought, although it was sad that he saved everyone and still ended up in jail. I hate to say it but some of the older pilots can fly better drunk then some of the young ones can...Denzel rocks in general.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll rent it...

We rented Runner Runner, with Afleck and Timberlake. It was OK. Not amazing...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nebraska. Just terrific.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rented quite a few as there was no TV for awhile. Escape Plan, with Sly and Arnold, don't gag, it wasn't so bad, for what it was. Carrie, very much like the original. Good cast. Closed Circuit, sort of a spy thriller meets POI, decent.

Nebraska was great. A lot to think about, aging parents, family relationships (dysfunctional), the demise of small town USA. Very thought provoking without being too maudlin.

No Slave for me...

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kim Novak looked horrible, what a shame. She looked like her face was mutilated. WHY do women do this? One surgery maybe, a a little something, but that was sad.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dallas buyers club really was outstanding.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rented a film called "Cold Comes the Night", with Cranston. It was oK but really not great. He is a Russian transporter, an evil character, but they don't flush the character out much. OK, not great.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
American Hustle, Ok, but very long and really don't get his as an Oscar contender. Kind of fun, but forgettable. Jennifer Lawrence miscast, she was too young for the role. Really didn't capture the era that well in my opinion either.

Other than DBC, I have not been impressed with the nominated movies I have seen so far. Nebraska was way better.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Right. I get that anyhow.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
ITA, Winter's Bone was the only thing I liked her in. I don't see her lasting. Couple years it was jessica Chastain in everything, now where is she? Same with Lawrence I predicit.. Cooper doesn't do it for me either.

Yes, the other 2 are much better.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
TGIR, I agree. There was an article in the Times about how few minutes of screen time women have even when they are "leading". Not many good roles for mature women either, even though Stallone,
Arnold, Bruce and other male fogeys keep getting lead parts (even if the movies, well, suck).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We saw a strange on "Odd Thomas", which was just like the Dean Koonz book. It was just OK. I wouldn't have got it if we hadn't read and liked the books.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rented Gravity. It was pretty good, some thought it was dull, I didn't think so. Bullock is no Sigorney Weaver but there was enough action and suspense. Still liked DBC the best so far.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: