Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Movies; The never ending thread :)
Topic Started: Dec 22 2009, 04:03 PM (5,846 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I feel about the same. Not sorry i saw it but would not see it again.

Vanity Fair had a ong article about Child a few months ago and it was fabulous. I guess I never knew the depth of her accomplishments and personality prior to that. She truly was a great woman.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Paranormal Activity. Totally sucked, turned off after 15 minutes. Anyone see the Surrogates (Bruce Willis?)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Two to report on, Jennifer's Body, a so so demonic posession, and Surrogates, a decent but not great Sci Fi with Bruce Willis.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, Universal Soldier, stunk to high heaven. No dialog, just fist fights and grunting.

Amelia, borrrrrring. Turned it off after 45 minutes. Swank and Gere had no chemistry.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am not sure I will like Avatar as I hate animation. Hard to explain, as I love Sci Fi Alien movie but LOTR and Crouching Dragon left me cold. Also do not like any of the Batman or Superman movies although I liked the Dark Knight (I think that was the one with Downney?).

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Crow was great. Actually I did like Iron Man and the Knight with Ledger as well, even though his portrayal was somewhat comic book, it was brilliant and the first time I really liked his work. Did not like any of the others, though we rented them.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Whiteout, decent, about a murderer in Antartica. Just saw Burning Plaine, very good, very good work by Theron and Bassinger as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Law Abiding Citizen with jamie Fox, I liked it.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We saw The Boondock Saints, liked the first one did not like this one. A lot of gore, which is OK, but the plot was confusing and mostly sumb. By the way the female lead was Julie benz looking pretty sexy. But I guess I dislike her from dexter so much (and i did not even see last season) it kind of effects my judgement.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just rented 2012, one of the worst I have ever seen.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Up In The Air. I don't get it. I thought it was OK, long, possibly dull. Really do not get the awards, really don't.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok, another one I did not get "sherlock Holmes", we hated it. Turned it off after 45 minutes.

Did see one called the Stepfather which was better than I had expected (of course i had expected very little). John Tenney was in it as well as 2 GL formers, Sherry Stringfield and one of the old Dinah characters (not WM), the one who was the wife that was killed last season on Damages. Dax, i am sure you know....

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really liked Hurt Locker and District 9.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have not seen the original either. I'll bet O"Quinn was good in it.

Oh, I also liked Star trek a lot, but probably more because the characters did seem like young versions of the TV show, not that it was so great.

There actually hve been quite a few good movies about the current wars, although they are all depressing.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't want to see Date night either, although I am a Fey fan, I can stand Carell.

Clash of Titans looks way too Cartoony for me. I love Sci Fi but hate fantasy (go figure). Another one that everyone liked and I hated was the Flying Tiger, Dragon whatever.

I am looking forward to Shutter island being released, read the book and it was very good.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am sure we will rent it, but I doubt I like it much. Do love Neeson and Fiennes is also in it. They are both great.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rented the original "Death At a Funeral" English version from 2007. It was a riot. I don't know if I'll see the African American version, may rent it when it comes out.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok so we saw Blind Side last night. Again, I do not get the hype about this movie. I thought it was OK, Bullock was good (did not deserve an oscar for it).

This and Up In The Air were very disappointing to me considering the hype and I have to say if these movies got Academy noms it only shows Hollywood is not making very many good ones.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OK, saw one I liked last night "The Box", Cameron Diaz. Sort of Sci Fi but not really easy to categorize, but very suspensful and remarkably good.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rented Avatar, of course not in 3D. I thought the first hour was boring and don't care if it had been in 3 D, I am not that taken with special effects. i got in to it some later, but the plot was so ho hum and there were so many scenes stolen from other films I was not that impressed. Another film for pre teens.

Daybreakers, a vampire film with a good cast, daFoe and ethan hawke. Decent, better than most of it's type.

Edge of Darkness, Mel Gibson, predictable, OK if there is nothing else to rent.

Of the 3 above, i liked the vampire flick the most.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sexand City 2, really getting panned, even in AZ where the women are as stupid and self absorbed as this bunch. We had rented the first one and it was God Awful, can't imagine sitting through 2 1/2 hours of another.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was a fan of the show but hated the movie. The plots carried for short TV epi's but the movie was so dull I cracked open magazines and read them through it. This second one would be unbearable. I think it is particularly insulting to put these vacuous women in a land where women are so down trodden. At least if there was a glimmer of them trying to uplift the local women or something but from what I hear it is all fashion and preening. Plus it is one thing to be so self absorbed at 30, these women are approaching 50 and Sam is over that. Time to get over yourselves ladies. You bore me to tears.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
We rented Imaginarium and agreed to send it back after 15 minutes.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rented The Road, very depressing,

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
For horror fans, I just saw one of the best, The Descent 2, Descent 1 was also excellent. These are gory movies, but the setting in itself is terrifying (caving) and keep s you in usupense the whole time. In addition, the women are very capable and do not look for a man to save them.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Couple more losers with big names that I am surprised would act in them. "Legion", Dennis Quaid, angels come to earth to destroy it, God is pissed, whatever. Stupid but at least it is angels hooting up the hood.

"New Daughter", Costner, one of those my daughter gets possessed things. Really expect more from him I would hope.

Wolfman, worst of all, Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins in an old worls been done about a million times tale. What a waste of talent.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Me too re Sunshine, decent but no raves.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read the book and liked it a lot. I am waiting for the movie, it is on my Blockbuster online list.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't see that at all.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was a very good book and I hope to be able to follow the movie better becuase I read it.

My hsb keeps renting these end of world things, and as much as I enjoy some mayhem I can't get into them. The Road was dismally depressing and last night we watched The Book of Eli. Now I love Denzel and this one was not as bad as the Road but I still can't recc it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply