Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Buchanan Buzz; Spoiler-free OLTL discussion
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 11:11 AM (3,394 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
After reading that the vets on this show are getting a good amount of airtime (along with the Zimmer and VerDorn), I decided I should check it out, again. It comes as nice surprise that the last three days have been pretty good. Looks like I came in just at the right time with the DNA reveals, and Clint's switcheroo.

What do think of evilClint?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm pretty sure Vimal, evilClint's helper, said he changed the DNA test to show that Brody is the father of Natalie's baby. I just started watching the other day, but I'm guessing that means the baby is really John's. So, Natalie thinks she's lying when she says that the baby is John's but she's actually telling the truth. What I want to know is if Marty came in the lab before or after Vimal changed the DNA results. Does Marty's report say John or Brody is the father? And I wonder if Vimal changed Jessica's test result. That's a lot of storyline revolving around DNA test results.

evilClint reminds me more of Alan Spaulding than a good ol' boy.

How is Zimmer as Echo? Does it seem like Reva is now living in Llanview? I love that Viki can't stand her.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When I was watching the show two years ago (for Andrea Evans' return as Tina), it seem they were dealing with Rex's search for his parents. I don't think he's that interesting of a character to have such a prolonged paternity storyline.

Why did Clint not want the DNA test to show that John is the father of Nat's baby? Is there a feud between the two? And, does Clint really like Brody, or is he just putting on a show when he says how much he likes him?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Nov 24 2010, 01:08 PM
Clint wanted Jessica's DNA test to say Brody. He didn't know about Natalie's test.
Are you sure, BL? I thought Vimal said Natalie. I didn't hear him once say Jessica's name.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
According to the recap at abc.com, Vimal could have changed Jessica's or Natalie's test result.

Dorian and Viki hating on Echo makes me chuckle. Good to have Joey back. Viki needs her sons around. The Eddie Ford character seems like such an obvious future murder mystery. It's like you can see them lining up all of the suspects. Clint telling Nora that he's been paranoid ever since she left him for Bo helped me to understand why he is the was he is now.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
While I think John Wesley Shipp is playing Eddie Ford way too OTT for my taste, I did like his scenes with Nora. I've got mixed feelings about Evil Clint. I have a hard time believing Clint would do some of these things but I like some of the story and character interactions that are resulting from his machinations. I imagine Clint/Nora fans are groaning at the possibility of Bo sleeping with Inez.

I don't know why but I've already accepted Terri Colombino as this Aubrey character. I still think of Maura West as Carly when I see her on Y&R and I'm still thinking of Gina Tognoni as Dinah, and I watched OLTL when GT was introduced as Kelly. WEIRD! Are we supposed to be guessing about who Aubrey is talking to during those phone calls? I've read some speculation that she may be a daughter of Echo/Charlie.

She's been up to the same old tricks for decades but Dorian still makes me laugh! I liked that they made reference to Dorian's past with Joey. Or maybe I was just reading into things.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The stuff with the boys arguing about the authenticity of Santa and Echo falling down the chimney in the Santa suit was pretty good. Even a grinch like myself had a good laugh at that one. I think OLTL is making much better use of The Zimmer's talents than GL did in its later years.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did you get the feeling that Clint and Aubrey may know each other when he bumped into her, BL? It was towards the end of Wednesday's show. I think they were in the foyer at Llanfair.

Much to my surprise, I like Jessica Leccia as Inez. I didn't care much for her on GL, not that I could watch GL for more than a few minutes at that time.

I thought of you and Cheryl, BL, when I pulled out one of my AW tapes. I watched the episode that ended with Felicia's talk show revealing that Kathleen was alive and the final moment was of Carl Hutchins. When I get the time, I want to find the moment when Carl goes to say "Hello" to Donna. I just loved the way he would taunt her!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Tuesday's show was real good. Very much enjoyed the Clint/Echo scenes there in the barn. That's the stuff soaps were made of! I was surprised Inez revealed all about Clint, as I thought we'd have to wait until February Sweeps for all that to come out. I wonder if Aubrey's days are numbered, or if they'll keep her around after it's revealed she's up to no good.

What's up with Wednesday's show being pre-empted for that "hot guys" thing?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Jan 19 2011, 02:21 PM
ABCs cost cutting is the reason for the preemption. It will be happening on a semi regular basis now.
Ohhhhhh. I vaguely remember reading something about that awhile back. Nice of them to give us a good show the day before the pre-emption.

I agree the guy playing Cutter would have been a miscast as the new Joey. But I'm not sure I like this other guy as Joey, either. Maybe in time.

BL, what are your currrent thoughts/feelings about JvD as evilClint?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
WOO-HOO! Good Thursday show! I loved the Bo/Clint scenes! Real soapy stuff there. This show makes my heart smile when it gives the seasoned actors some worthy material to work with. I can't remember if they've ever had Clint and Bo at odds like this in the past, but I'm curious to see what they'll do with this rivalry.

I'm surprised to admit that I also enjoyed the introduction of Vimal's wife. She seems like she'll be fun.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thursday's show was pretty good. It's fun watching them all come at Clint while he swats them off like nagging flies. I want him to get his comeuppance but I also love watching him cause trouble. He's a great "love to hate" character. I can't wait to see how he's going to deal with Aubrey!

I also love the conflict that Viki faces as Charlie expects the best from her, while Echo brings out her "ugly" side. Good stuff!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Clint telling Aubrey to "Go to hell" at the church gave me a good laugh. I like that Aubrey doesn't have full grasp of who she's going up against by getting into the ring with Clint. I was hoping one of the girls would keep "Asa" as a name for her boy.

This story with Blair and Todd's old face makes me wish they'd find a way to bring Roger Howarth back....not that he'd return. Seems like I remember hearing he had some sort of disdain for the Todd character.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I was hoping Jessica would keep the name "Asa" for her baby boy. I'm really hoping Jessica's baby is actually Ford's and Natalie's will be Brody's and the whole thing will be a big mess. And won't Clint just hate having an heir to his throne being fathered by Ford. HA! Speaking of Clint, I can't wait to see what he's going to do to Aubrey. YEE-HAW!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG! That was one helluva wedding ceremony! I couldn't even be bothered to watch the stuff with Blair and Starr. Was fun to watch the fallout of reveal that evilClint is Rex's father and that Rex lied to Charlie about the second test. I love it that even when evilClint is exposed for what he is he still lashes out with that acid tongue of his! Cracks me up! Was nice to see Viki get a few reactions in there. I thought it funny that Rex didn't know where to look for Charlie because the first thing I thought was that he'd go to Echo to get drunk with her. At least I was right about the getting drunk part. Hopefully, Echo will show up there at the bar!

Looking forward to part 2, though I think I already know which other DNA test Vimal switched. Natalie is soooooo hoping it's hers, LOL!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

LOL good job Bilki!

I've been sending her harassing messages for over a week. :woot:

I didn't know you were such a big fan of Ted King, Cheryl, but I'm glad all my yammering came with an added bonus for you, LOL! As BL said, he's only been on for a couple weeks, so you're tuning in just as his storyline is beginning.

WOW! Wednesday's show was awesome! I feel like they didn't miss a beat. I've been looking forward to Viki's reaction to all this for weeks now and she didn't disappoint. And that rotten Natalie *still* wasn't going to tell John the truth! Not that I'm a fan of John, but I loved it when he yelled at her to stop lying. I am a little sad that Marty will no longer have something to taunt Natalie with.

One thing about Clint and Rex, Cheryl, is that evilClint thinks everyone is after the Buchanan fortune and he has himself convinced that Rex is a con artist. Some of this has to do with Rex's past and I always tell myself that Echo being a gold digger also plays into this. Maybe if evilClint didn't hate Echo he'd be more open to Rex being his son.

It almost feels odd to finally have all these secrets out. This has been the bulk of the story since I started watching back in November, so I'm wondering what they'll do now. Hopefully, the fallout will be as fun to watch as the buildup. And I'm so hoping we get some good Echo scenes within the next few days. Charlie is going to be ripe for the picking after all this!

Bring on the questions, Cheryl.....
Edited by bilki, Feb 10 2011, 11:55 AM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Feb 10 2011, 04:22 PM
Okay, so you don't like John (crazy!), but do you like John and Nat together? When I watched years ago, I didn't like them as a couple. Back then I was all about John and Evangeline and later on, John and Blair. My buddy Care who watches faithfully however, says she loves John and Natalie together. Boy, he looked madder than a hornet's nest when he figured out she'd had a paternity test done too. Oh my! :violent:
Michael Easton's breathy, constipated line delivery annoys me enough that I don't care much for John. I can't say that I dislike the character, though. It's more the actor. And I don't care much for Melissa Archer, either. But I do enjoy it when bad things happen to Natalie. I loved Marty taunting her with going to John with the truth about the paternity of her baby. Oddly enough, I think there's an interesting dynamic between John and Natalie. I'm not going to be rooting for them to stay together but I will watch some of their scenes together.

They had Natalie with Charlie's son, Jared (who's now dead, I think), when I last watched the show and they were a total snoozefest.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Cheryl, I guess we won't have to fight over Michael Easton. You can have him, LOL!

Now I wish I would have recorded Friday's episode. Would have been fun to watch an episode from the 90s. Interesting that they showed an episode with Roger Howarth. I wonder if that was intentional because of the picture of Todd's old face thing they recently did with Blair/Ted King's character.

I didn't know Mitch killed Jared. Thanks, BL! So is Mitch dead? Or could he come back from the dead?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Feb 14 2011, 04:43 PM
There were some very sexy, romantic scenes in that eppy, especially between Marty and Patrick.
Was it Susan Haskell's Marty, or the recast? If it was Susan Haskell, then I'm really mad at myself for not recording it.

They run those repeat episodes periodically, Cheryl. Earlier in this thread, jbrr1212 explained that it's part of their tightening of the budget. I'm going to have to start recording them just to make sure they're not something I want to see.

I haven't watched today's episode, yet. I usually save it to watch while I eat my breakfast. But I'm tempted to check it out now.....

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Feb 14 2011, 09:15 PM
Supposedly other than holidays, they are eliminating these reruns. Figure too many people complained and in ratings months it dropped them by a lot which hurt the bottom line.
I didn't even realize they showed a repeat during a Sweeps month. How bizarre!

Monday's show was one helluva ride! I kinda loved it that Charlie went to see Echo, which is strange because Viki is one of my favorites. Joey looks like such a sap marrying that Aubrey. I know he doesn't know she's conning him but with all the drama going on around them you'd think he might wait until his sisters are on the mend. Not to mention that he shouldn't really think Kelly is out to cause trouble for him. The Jess/Natalie/Brody/John scenes were pretty great. Of course, that rotten Natalie wouldn't take any responsibility for her actions. I don't know how I feel about the possibility of Tess coming back. The last time I watched they had her with someone locked up in the Llanfair basement and it was a stinker of a story. Was it Natalie she had down there? All that I can remember is Tina's little dog barking at the basement door.

I know that Echo knew that Clint is really Rex's father, but how did Charlie get sucked into all this? At some point did Echo lie to Charlie and tell him he's Rex's father in order to steal him away from Viki?
Edited by bilki, Feb 15 2011, 11:58 AM.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I had forgotten about Bess, though I remember those mirrored room scenes of Bess and Tess fighting for control of Jessica. Other than being a plot device, I don't see the point of having Tess back, again. I think watching Nat, John, Jessica, Brody and Ford work through this mess could be an interesting story without her.

I love that the Echo/Charlie/Viki situation has become even more complicated. Watching The Zimmer do her thing reminds of Reva's glory days. And Zimmer has always been one of my favorite cry-ers in daytime.

Viki's reaction to Joey getting married was great!

JvD is so much fun as evilClint. Watching him with deal with Aubrey was sinfully delicious.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What I like about this story is that there's a good deal of 'grey'. I'm not saying it's OK for Charlie to cheat on Viki, just that I don't believe there was a malicious intent behind it. Did Charlie say he didn't regret it? Maybe I missed that. He seemed like he knew it wasn't the right thing to do. With Echo, she's not being completely honest with Charlie about Rex's paternity but I do think she cares for, and maybe even loves, Charlie. Again, I don't think there's malicious intent behind her actions.

While I think Charlie and Viki make a good couple, Echo and Charlie feel a bit more 'real' to me. Maybe it's because they're not together, though. I always liked Reva and Josh better when they were apart and fighting to get back together. Needless to say, this is one of my favorite storylines on the show at this time.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Feb 21 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks Bilki, for saying that about John McBain's "breathy" delivery. Now I seem to obsess on it and it annoys me!
:lmfao: Sorry, Cheryl! Though I'm a little surprised it took me pointing out that he heavy whispers most of what he says for you to notice it.

I see what you mean by Charlie being a big goof, Cheryl. I didn't like him with Viki when I watched in 2009. Not sure why I don't mind them together, now. Maybe just because I like the element of conflict that Echo brings into it all.

Of course Natalie is mad at John for sleeping with Kelly. She's so completely selfish and self-absorbed. I don't know if Melissa Archer does it intentionally but she makes Natalie so easy to hate....but I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though I don't care for the thought of Marty and John spending time together, I might enjoy it just because it would piss Natalie off.

Would a marriage between Tess and Robert Ford even be legal? It seems a little silly. But seeing Ford walk around in a towel makes it sooooooo easy to watch.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the Rex/evilClint scenes. I chuckle every time Clint tells Rex he doesn't want him as his son, which may have something to do with the fact that I'm not much of a fan of Rex myself.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl

Don't get me wrong, I still find him incredible sexy but now I can hear your voice inside my head complaining about it. I'm so confused!

LOL! Just tell my voice to "Shut up!" like the rest of my friends do.

The only thing Dani and Nate trying to have sex is good for is giving my FFd button a good workout. I agree that there's something annoying about Nate. I say this because I sometimes think Starr and James are almost cute together, which I think has more to do with James. I always thought Starr and Cole were more annoying than worth rooting for.

Tea and Tomas being brother/sister was a pleasant surprise. Good that he has a connection to someone else in town. I'll admit that I've skipped over most of the Blair/Tomas scenes, as Blair/Kassie DePaiva usually gets on my nerves.

Joey is just a big dope! He marries that Aubrey and then he's going to get mad a Kelly for sleeping with John.

It was fun to see Viki interact with both evilClint and Todd in one episode. I kinda love it when Viki is hanging on by a thread. Also like the way they had Echo and John cross pathes. Good to have Echo involved with someone other than the usual suspects.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Robert Ford and Tess are growing on me. I'm not sure why this is happening. :sick1:

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That Bree Williamson can be so much fun as Tess is probably why I still don't like her as Jessica. She's so much more believable as a sarcastic bitch than she is as sweet and lovable Jessica. Love all her nicknames for Brody and Ford. And I was quite happy that Brody and Langston were too late to stop the creepy wedding.

I don't like the idea of Kelly and John together but I do like that he seems to have a soft spot for her. And I was pleased that rotten Natalie wouldn't accept Kelly's apology. Now Kelly doesn't have to waste her time being nice to Nat.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So far, I'm liking Tess this go 'round. And I think BW is the one making this story work. She's almost as fun as watching JvD in action. I can't stand Brody, so it gives me great pleasure when she turns her acid tongue in his direction. I don't know how long this story will work but it's fun for now.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the brother/sister dynamic of Tea and Tomas. I'm sure Blair will play into this more than I'd like.

Is it just me, or does the guy playing Cutter have some nice chemistry with Robin Strasser's Dorian? I'm almost starting to enjoy it when he comes over to harrass her. Of course, I'm always happy to see Dorian.

Nothing good can come of Echo and Charlie sneaking around.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was ready to write Todd off as a pathetic bully when he went after those kids with a guy. But it was a fake gun, which was almost funny. I still don't care for Todd going after the kids. Can't they find him a worthy adversary? Tea tying him up was kind of fun but the sex romp that followed made me roll my eyes.

Tess is still cracking me up! I do wish they'd give her someone she had some kind of human bond with, so it's not all about her being selfish and wise-cracking. And I loved Viki going to Robert Ford in hopes of getting him to work with her. That they could see each other's point of view but couldn't come to terms was kind of awesome.

I was quite happy to see Marty, again. I wonder how long they'll keep her in storyline limbo now that the paternity storyline has been resolved. I so miss her taunting Natalie!

What a surprise to see Inez! I had just about forgotten about her!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wish we had a crickets chirping smiley.

Jack bullying Shane may be worse than the horny teens trying to hump each other. I've given them a chance but none of these teen actors are doing much to make those scenes work.

I was a big fan of David Vickers during his introduction all those years ago. (And while she's no Andrea Evans, I loved Krista Tesreau as Tina) But his "That's my pa!" schtick annoys the crap out of me. Hopefully, his revenge on Clint will be more fun to watch than not.

I don't remember consistently watching the show when Alex Olanov was on before but I still thought it was fun to have her around for a couple days. Wouldn't mind if we get to see her, again.

This "Who Killed Eddie Ford" story is a bit of a dud. I don't believe it was Clint who did it.....and I still don't care who did. The fact that we haven't seen Inez for weeks makes me think it may be her.

As much as I dislike both Brody and Natalie, I think they almost make an interesting couple. It pains me to say this.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, here comes Mr Poopy Pants. While I enjoyed the first Kelly/John hook up, and Natalie showing up there to find her in his hotel room, they are no longer working for me. I'm starting to wince when they show up in a scene together. Next step will be the FF button.

Though I think the Rama/Aubrey scenes are quickly becoming redundant, I really like the actress portraying Rama. She's such a fun, little spitfire.

I don't imagine David will be staying around for too long, which is kind of the thing that happens everytime he shows up. He's back for a month or so, then they have to find a reason to send him off somewhere.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Life to Live · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: