Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Buchanan Buzz; Spoiler-free OLTL discussion
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 11:11 AM (3,413 Views)
jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sick to death of who are Rexs parents but I guess this is as good an outcome as any. I just want it over, unfortunately I dont see that happening. I dont mind darkClint. I think there is definately a line he shouldnt cross but i dont think we've gotten there yet.

The girls DNA stuff has been good. This is clearly going to play out for quite some time so its a good start. WTF is Martys deal? Too bad Eli didnt kill her too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I dont think Rex is all that interesting either, but someone sure does. Hes pretty much been frontburner since joining the show 8 yrs ago. I cant even remember all the different people who at one time or another were believed to be the parents. Its definately played out.

Thanksgiving show was nice. Good to see all the vets and some fun family moments.

Is it just me or is there ZERO chemistry between JLs Inez and JvDs Clint? I dont see much chemistry with her and Bo either, but I'm a long time Bo/Nora fan. The sexual chemistry between KZ and JvD is definately there though, even if a little surprising for us GL fans.

What does everyone think of John Wesley Shipp as Daddy Ford? Curious to see where it goes but so far I like a new villain.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tuesdays show was good. I think Aubrey will be around for awhile even after the truth comes out. I like her well enough, her boyfriend not so much. I'm glad they changed their mind about casting that guy as Joey cuz I just dont like him at all.

ABCs cost cutting is the reason for the preemption. It will be happening on a semi regular basis now.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was pleasantly surprised by Vimals wife too. The Bo/Clint stuff was full of soapy goodness. OLTL is definately on a great track right now!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Howarth did return. The rumors of a return seem to come up every couple months and after ATWT was axed there was wide speculation he would be back. He was vocal about his dislike for the direction of todd when he left but alot of actors have said the same types of things then came back. It just seems fishy that they would keep showing his face then not do anything with it. I do really like Ted King and (so far) Tomas so this story is keeping my interest.

I wish Jess had kept Asa as the name but I dont get Nat wanting the name too, she wasnt even that close to Asa.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
And the hits just keep on coming.....

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Liked that they finally revisited the history of Shanes illness and Clints part in it. I usually dont care much about Rex either way but i thought he was great in these scenes.

I've had enough of this teen sex and running away story. I had enough of it when we did it with Starr. I dont mind the older Ford bros but the youngest one with Dani gets on my nerves.

I'm really loving Tomas so far. Ted King has always been a favorite of mine and this is no different. Theres so much I'm dying to find out about the character.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pics and video of Erika Slezaks 40th anniversary party

Pics--
http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/oltl/news/item/4144-erika-slezak-honored-by-one-life-to-live

video--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW5BTuLG80A

longer video (with a nice little speech by JvD)--
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/03/we-love-soaps-tv-243-erika-slezak.html

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
You guys are most welcome for the links.

They have made David more and more cartoonish over the last several years. I have to admit though I enjoyed the David and Dorian wedding. Loved when they were talking about the movie and Viki used his real name and he says no hes a hack lol. Dorian calling Bo "pa" was also one of those classic moments.

KK was terrible but from what I've read she really didnt even want to be there. Shes was upset she had to kiss David Fumero and had alot of problems learning her lines. I doubt we'll see her much more if at all.

I'm not a huge Austin Peck fan but I dont dislike him either. I think he'll be around awhile but I have no idea where they are going with his character. The fact that he gave Rex the dvd leaves a little wiggle room for him to change.

Rama is absolutely hilarious. Shes a great addition to the cast and has that special something that sells every scene shes in. I really hope they keep her around and give her something to do other than blackmail Aubrey.

I totally dont care that Todd is still in a coma.....

Not looking forward to the stuff coming up with Shane. I really dont think Fath is strong enough to pull off a story this deep from the parents perspective.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl, from what I gathered KK thought it was just a line or two when she agreed to it. They actually showed most of how it transpired on the Kardashians reality show. She just jumped at the chance before realizing what she was in for. She did/does watch the show though so it seems like she would have some idea of what to expect. Though she apparently hasnt watched much lately because she had to google Fumero to see who he was. Then she made some comment about not being able to kiss THAT face. She came around and was enjoying herself by the end but it was like torture getting there. I think the eppy of the Kardashians is replaying on E! all this week if anyone cares enough to look for it and sit through it.

Bilki I have noticed our similar tendencies too. We can be twins but only if I get to be the evil one lol. And speaking of our similarities I agree about Torpey/Williamson. I've always much preferred Williamson as Tess rather than Jess. Every once in a blue moon shes believeable as Jess but not often. And yep I think either Niki or Jean will be back sooner than later.

I agree with bloss about the Access Llanview stuff it doesnt bother me as long as its a sporadic thing. I can only take Wendy in small doses.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok since I've been outvoted on being the evil twin, you can have it but no locking me in a basement or trying to kill me lol. Just remember the good twin usually wins out in the end. :starwarsfight:

Big agree on Wendy not being a dancer. Shes pretty awful especially when compared to Kirstie. I'm all about the guys this season, my Hines is doing his thing!

I'm sick of who killed Eddie, not only do I not care who did it I dont care if we ever find out. This is starting to feel alot like who killed Spencer Truman. Hated that too.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hines is a very natural dancer. Given my Steelers devotion I'd probably love him even if he sucked but I'm glad hes good. Loved the gifts he and Kym exchanged.

I agree about the bullying it is very hard to watch and the acting is AWFUL as well. Austin Williams has been the only one pulling his weight. NuJack is downright horrendous.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Love that Blair is finally laying down the law to Jack. The Echo/Viki slap was great. I hate that they have turned Charlie into a total tool. Farah Fath needs a major acting class and soon because her scenes on the roof were laughable.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I would post over here more if I didnt feel like I was just agreeing with everything my evil twin bilki says lol. But once again I pretty much totally agree with it all.

I have been enjoying crazy Marty a little bit. Anything that causes Nat problems I like and Susan Haskell has been playing it for all its worth. Sad to see her go.

I'm kinda curious about the Todd stuff and RH coming back but I'm not invested in it yet.

Loved the Dorian/Echo scenes yesterday but I'm not too sure I like KZs new hair.

I think Clint is really that close to dying and since this is the spoiler free thread I'll stop there...

I dont care one bit about Cutter, Aubrey, Joey, and the mess. I just want more Rama!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay this Todd stuff is getting really weird now. I still love me some RH though. Loved Clint confessing all his sins on TV, so soapy! We got quite a bit of Rama last week to which I enjoy. I still dont like NuJoey but his scenes at Kellys bedside were sweet. Glad Tess is back, Wes was just annoying.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I dont really recall Todd having anything weird going on before RH left. I'm pretty sure he just disappeared right after his gold balloon wedding to Blair. I dont remember the story of why he changed his face when TSJ took over other than it had something to do with Mitch and Walker. Maybe that will tie in somehow. Who knows but right now I'm totally confused.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally agree with both of you of the acting/writing hasnt been compelling enough to make this work. I'm not sold one way or the other on Tess/Ford but I definately prefer them to Jess/Brody.

JPL has been absolutely horrendous with the Gigi stuff. Nice to see Roxy there for him and Shane though.

Do we know what Rama has on Cutter? I know she blackmailed him to divorce Tess but I missed it if they said what his secret is.

The Todd stuff is dragging on, the need to get to the reveal of the truth or at least let someone see him. I'm getting bored.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought they had the perfect opportunity to bring up how many other people her organs would help when Rex said something about if it were a little kid who had been in an accident it would be different. With Viki having a donor heart you would think they would at least mention it.

I'm no fan of brute force with kids either but I did enjoy Todd grabbing Jack too. That kid is just too much! I also wondered why nobody called Blair when all this happened she was just lurking around hallways in NY lol.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
LMAO I had to stop and think which way to spell it, I thought of the mens cologne too.

I'm dying for RHTodd to come face to face with someone too. I think its coming up soon. And like Sam wouldnt mention the dead guy out by the pool. That was just dumb.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Agreed on all counts. I cant even remember what Thursdays show was and I know I watched it. Slezak really is great at reacting to stuff. Hopefully all the Fords will be gone soon and we'll be done with who killed Eddie...nobody cares!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah the Echo stuff was a big waste. It was all laughable.

The kid playing Sam (I need to look up his name) is a total scene stealer. I cant help but smile when hes on.

I'm also with ya on the Todd/Todd stuff RH is the sole reason for not hitting the ff button (though I've still done it a few times). They need to find a way to move this along because it just keeps getting sillier. I wanted so much more from the first confrontation between St. John/Howarth. I guess now I'll look forward to the Howarth/Slezak reunion. They better not screw that up!

I'm not a fan of newbies but I do kinda like the new kid Baz, hes not terrible. The kid playing Jack however is still horrendous.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Finally......they all see Howarth! I was beginning to wonder if that would ever happen.

Mia Korf as Blair was hysterical.

Though it was campy and silly I have to admit I was glued to the TV the last couple days for Vickerman. Soaps do so few big gatherings anymore so I always enjoy when we get most of the cast together.

Markko looked cute with the beard. Also thought it was a nice touch to revisit that Ford used to be Markkos film teacher, after all the stuff with Tess I almost forget about that.

Next week should be fun.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I dont mind some camp as long as its not all camp all the time. They also came with the drama on Monday so it was nicely balanced.

Now about Monday...I so enjoyed RHTodd finally getting to interact with everyone. It felt a little rushed and there wasnt that classic back from the dead gasp moment since everyone knew the guy with his face was a possiblity but it still worked for me. As much as I grew to like St. John as Todd seeing Howarth back in the mix makes me realize just how much I missed him in the role.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Its funny you mention where we would be if RHTodd had stuck around, I remember thinking during Starrs pregnancy that RHTodd would have never treated her so badly. Hes always had a dark side obviously but it does seem the change with TSJ was pretty drastic. Maybe Howarth knew the plan for the character and thats why he decided to leave when he did. I do remember him commenting back then that he hated the direction they were taking the character. I would be interesting if they explored that aspect but with so little time left and TSJ exiting I doubt that will happen.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Viki should have been a major player in this story from the start, no question. I do love a good Slezak reaction shot though and that was a big one. I am really enjoying it now getting into the layers of it all with the Tea visit in jail then today with Vikis talk with him. Its funny I was upset about TSJ leaving but now I almost cant wait for him to go. Everytime they cut away from Howarth to TSJ I just want to yell at the tv to switch back to Todd lol. Yeah I guess I'm convinced now Howarth was, is, and always will be my Todd.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didnt know anything about Irene. I dont even remember reading any casting news about her. Strange!

Had to LOL at yesterdays show and Jack talking about the woman who was cloned in Springfield. I would have loved if somehow Zimmer could have delivered that line but still it was a nice wink to us GL fans. I also enjoyed John telling Jack to shut up...that kid makes me crazy.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was way outlandish and silly but I also didnt have too hard a time suspending belief to get invested. Though it dragged on and on in the beginning I thought the reveal itself was nicely paced and well thought out. Loved the Viki/Todd hug and the Starr scenes as well. I missed that connection between Starr/Todd. I kinda wish TSJ was sticking around too but I'm happy with RH as Todd. I am glad they did it the way they did because it makes me feel like investing in TSJs Todd for the last 8 years wasnt a complete waste.

Not so into the spotted pony stuff though. Seems unnecessary at this point. I like Delphina so its fun to have her back.

Was that the end of Kelly/Joey or are they going to get a proper goodbye? If that was it, it was very disappointing.

I also read that Irenes stay was short so I'm guessing thats probably it for her. It would have been fun having Tina in the mix for all this.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read right after I posted about Kelly/Joey that they will be around for a bit longer so I'm glad that wasnt their ending. I know where the spotted pony stuff is going and I still dont like it lol. Maybe once we get through the Rex portion I will change my mind but right now I'm just bored with it. I'm getting to the point where I cringe everytime JPL comes on. If I never see him or NuJack again it will be to soon.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Liked Strassers goodbye scenes with her Cramer girls though I think she deserved so much more. Where the hell were they anyway? It looked like a hospital waiting room or something. Havent seen the goodbye with Viki yet but I'm looking forward to it. I would have rather seen a big sendoff party with lots of glitz and excitement but I guess since they just did the movie premier they probably didnt want to go that route again. It just seems like Strasser and Dorian both deserved better.

I'll continue to watch both shows but I'm much more excited about whats coming up with Days too.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
This week has been pretty decent. Though it was pretty laughable to see Starr breaking Todd out of jail. Its nice having Tina (and now Cord) back. I almost needed a scorecard to keep up with all the slapping yesterday. That was fun. KDP still delivers a great slap.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · One Life to Live · Next Topic »
Add Reply