Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Buchanan Buzz; Spoiler-free OLTL discussion
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 11:11 AM (4,080 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm not at all offended if someone doesn't like one of my favorites. I've seen Susan Haskell trashed on other boards, so I realize there are those who don't like her. Part of the reason I like her is because she is unusual and has an odd mouth, which are a couple of the reasons many don't like her. I still hate that they've turned Marty into a psychopath because I thought a woman struggling with losing everything that mattered to her was much more interesting. I don't believe that she'd really start trying to kill people, but I love that Natalie and Brody were in her line of fire.

I was reading Ron Carlivati talk about the motivation behind Wes (something about having Brody and Cutter deal with a male personality) but it's not really working for me on screen. I liked the idea of some kind of bond developing between Tess and Ford because I wanted to see Tess have to deal with some real emotions. Otherwise, she's just a razor-tongued vixen, which is fun but not necessarily compelling.

Is Roger Howarth going to be the bionic man? When that guy mentioned something about the agency ending the project, I thought this could get really stupid. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like the character of Marty from when she was first introduced in the 90s. She just didn't appeal to me, and I didn't suddenly like her once she was attacked by Todd and the others. She's someone I just moderately dislike for no good reason most of the time.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay this Todd stuff is getting really weird now. I still love me some RH though. Loved Clint confessing all his sins on TV, so soapy! We got quite a bit of Rama last week to which I enjoy. I still dont like NuJoey but his scenes at Kellys bedside were sweet. Glad Tess is back, Wes was just annoying.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
May 16 2011, 06:57 PM
I didn't like the character of Marty from when she was first introduced in the 90s. She just didn't appeal to me, and I didn't suddenly like her once she was attacked by Todd and the others. She's someone I just moderately dislike for no good reason most of the time.
Seems like she was introduced as a troublemaker, so maybe it's fitting the way they're taking her character now. I still don't like that they've turned her into a psychopath, but I guess that's the way it goes.

My favorite part of Clint confessing his sins was Nora questioning his motives afterwards. Because my curiosity got the best of me, I looked to see what was going to happen with Clint's condition. I'm quite disappointed with what I've discovered, so it has somewhat ruined what is currently playing out on screen.

I feel like nuJoey was cast solely based on his chemistry with Gina T. His scenes with her can be good, but I don't think he has the charm or experience to make the stuff with Aubrey work. It makes me wonder what the actor portraying Cutter would have done with the material, though I can't say I'm a big fan of his, either.

I was so happy to see Tess, again!

Based on the way all of the stories are currently playing out, I'm not holding out much hope for the Todd storyline. Maybe it will get better once they get Roger Howarth out of that white outfit. Hopefully.....

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are we to assume that Nate did this to Matthew? I wasn't paying full attention but it seems like Matthew fell and hit his head when Nate attacked him.

The stuff with Roger Howarth is so silly. I wonder if he turned into a superhero after that guy flipped the switch. UGH!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes Nate's hit caused Matt to hurt his head. Since Nate and Matthew haven't said anything to anyone about it no one knows about the punch.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks, BL!

Also, does the information that this guy is asking RH's Todd for make any sense with what Todd had going on before RH left the show? I'm wondering if this nonsense is rooted in history, or if they're just pulling something out of their arses.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I dont really recall Todd having anything weird going on before RH left. I'm pretty sure he just disappeared right after his gold balloon wedding to Blair. I dont remember the story of why he changed his face when TSJ took over other than it had something to do with Mitch and Walker. Maybe that will tie in somehow. Who knows but right now I'm totally confused.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Since the crickets are getting so loud in here, I'll share a few random thoughts.

Marty got a decent send off, though I think the way turned her into a murderer who was suddenly sane enough to live happily ever after with the love of her life was laughably bad. I was a little surprised we didn't get a glimpse of Thorsten Kaye.

HBS has been great! Watching Nora try to deal with the anguish over the possibility of losing Matthew has been the closest I've come to tears in months.

Tess and Ford have really grown on me. But I like them better when she's being mean to him. I wasn't too sure what I thought of her being relatively nice to him after he helped her escape the hospital.

For as much as I hate Brody, I loved it when he explained to Jessica all that he'd gone through while she was Tess. I loved the way Tess treated Brody, but I felt a tiny pang of empathy for the jerk in that moment.

WOW! They really took care of Gigi! Not that I'm at all disappointed, I just didn't realize she was really going to die. JPL doesn't have the capacity to bring any real emotion to his scenes in dealing with this but I thought the kid who plays Shane did a decent job.

Where the hell is ECHO?????????

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They tried to get Thorsten to come back for a few episodes and he said no.

Still can't stand Ford and Tess, as he is not Nash. I'm sorry he treats Viki like she's evil.

Echo will be back soon, both Kim and Jerry have talked about upcoming scenes.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read that Echo will be back this week right after I wrote that. YAY! I've missed her!

I wondered if they asked Thorsten Kaye to return and he refused. The fact that they were firing SH probably did nothing to butter him up.

That I like the Tess/Ford pairing surprises me a little, especially because I'm not the biggest fan of either of those actors. I missed the Tess/Nash stuff, as he had just died when I last watched the show. I can understand why Ford treats Viki the way he does, as I'd guess he sees her as always trying to take someone from him. But I think he'd quickly grow to love her when he starts to feel like a part of the family. Who couldn't love Viki???

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The thing is Ford took advantage of Jessica when she believed she was 17 years old. The fact that Viki is even civil with him says a lot about her. At first Ford was almost decent to her saying it isn't her, but Clint. That changed, but I can understand why Viki did what she did in regards to Ryder's custody. He was using a sick person to get the baby, and now it is love and she's a person. Ford's motivations are muddy.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The funny thing about what you wrote, BL, is that it sounds so much more interesting "on paper". I mean, I love characters with muddy motivations. GL's Alan and Roger are two of the first who come to mind. Even Roger Howarth's Todd was fascinating in the early days of his character. Unfortunately, I don't think the guy who plays Ford has the range or charisma to pull off his own material in the way that Roger Howarth, Chris Bernau or Michael Zaslow did. In the hands of a better actor, I think Ford could be a fascinating character in spite of his muddy motivations.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki and there I would 100% agree with you. The writing and the acting isn't what it should be to make this compelling. The other characters were anti-heroes and not himbos. The women were also stronger and more complex.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I totally agree with both of you of the acting/writing hasnt been compelling enough to make this work. I'm not sold one way or the other on Tess/Ford but I definately prefer them to Jess/Brody.

JPL has been absolutely horrendous with the Gigi stuff. Nice to see Roxy there for him and Shane though.

Do we know what Rama has on Cutter? I know she blackmailed him to divorce Tess but I missed it if they said what his secret is.

The Todd stuff is dragging on, the need to get to the reveal of the truth or at least let someone see him. I'm getting bored.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't remember them saying what Rama has on Cutter, yet. I don't watch with undivided attention but I'm pretty sure they haven't revealed that secret. My guess is that they'll hold out on that reveal until Clint gets his hands on the info and can use it to boot Cutter from his house. Hopefully, it will be soon, because I really don't give a damn about Cutter or Aubrey, but I'm not holding my breath.

It was nice to have Clint back to his rotten self and gloating to Rex that he'll be getting Gigi's heart. He's been too nice since the heart attack. I couldn't help but cringe when Rex told Téa she was going to help him marry Gigi. UGH!

The Roger Howarth "Todd" stuff would have been better if they'd started where they are now, with him just showing up in Llanview. But that ridiculous introduction makes what's happening now feel like they're stalling.

After making us sit through the SORAS-ing of Jack and Deanna showing up in town, I can't believe we're going to have endure another newbie played by a younger actor who probably can't act his way out of a wet paper sack. How many crap-tastic teen characters does this show need???

Jessica suddenly being strong enough to take over feels more like a feeble attempt at a plot twist than a believable character development.

The whole show feels rather sloppy right now.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The stuff we are seeing now most of it was done right after the news came out about the show ending in January. The guy who plays Baz was hired like right then.

Rex made an awful comment to Clint first, and he retaliated. Then again the way he said it was Ross Marler! :)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Not the best week. Tood grabbing that idiot Jack by head did make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. While I'm certainly no advocate of parents disciplining their kids with brut force, I'll make an exception for Jack. Also liked that brief moment when Todd explained to Téa that he felt like he was losing it.

Jessica taunting Natalie with the idea of sleeping with John was fun, though I still don't understand how Jess is now strong enough to deal with all of this.

I can understand Rex hating Clint enough to not want him to have Gigi's heart, but what about the rest of his family? He has sisters, brothers, an uncle and Viki has been good to him. He's willing to watch all of these people who love him lose someone they love? Blaaah! And JPL isn't good enough to make this interesting. :puke1:

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jack seems like someone who needs a lot of mental help, but I doubt St. Ann's would do him any good as it sucks. Jessica got herself calm enough to deal with the BS I guess. To me Rex's behavior is ridiculous, as he says it is about his love of Gigi, but all of it is about his hatred of Clint. Basically he hates Clint more IMO than he cares about everyone else. The other thing is Gigi's organs would go not only to Clint, so by doing this he is hurting completely innocent people.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I thought they had the perfect opportunity to bring up how many other people her organs would help when Rex said something about if it were a little kid who had been in an accident it would be different. With Viki having a donor heart you would think they would at least mention it.

I'm no fan of brute force with kids either but I did enjoy Todd grabbing Jack too. That kid is just too much! I also wondered why nobody called Blair when all this happened she was just lurking around hallways in NY lol.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I do enjoy the games of cat-and-mouse that Todd and John play with each other, so that was fun, too. But I wondered if John could really get away with questioning Jack's friend without having a lawyer present. At least they had the kid's Dad make some mention of it when he entered the room.

I made myself laugh by spelling "brute" as "brut". Two completely different meanings. I was using the men's cologne as my reference point, lol. You knew what I meant, but I'm a bit of a spelling/grammar nazi in my head.

I'm glad we're all in agreement about Rex being selfish jerk.

If Roger Howarth's Todd doesn't come face to face with someone next week, I'm going to SCREAM!!! :rant:

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
LMAO I had to stop and think which way to spell it, I thought of the mens cologne too.

I'm dying for RHTodd to come face to face with someone too. I think its coming up soon. And like Sam wouldnt mention the dead guy out by the pool. That was just dumb.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Viki's reaction to Clint covering for Matthew was the best thing that's happened in weeks. They really don't use Erica Slezak enough in this capacity. I always look forward to how Viki will react to something. Unfortunately, the rest of that episode was overrun by those silly tween characters. :rant:

I think I forgot to mention that I enjoyed the actress who played Ionia. She made me chuckle.

Forgot to record Thursday's show. I'd say that I missed it but it was a bit of a relief to not have to trudge through it.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My extra copy of OLTL didn't record on Thursday either..it was weird.

I liked that too Viki reacting and figuring out it is Matthew. This is going to be a complaint, but I think this has been dragged out too much.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Jul 9 2011, 09:28 AM
This is going to be a complaint, but I think this has been dragged out too much.
I agree! Especially because Eddie Ford's murder wasn't that good of a story to being with. Matthew being the killer was what I thought the most interesting aspect of the story, but I was hoping it was going to evolve into how Matthew and family dealt with the repercussions of his actions. The heart transplant fake-out has really watered down what could have been a thoughtful storyline.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Agreed on all counts. I cant even remember what Thursdays show was and I know I watched it. Slezak really is great at reacting to stuff. Hopefully all the Fords will be gone soon and we'll be done with who killed Eddie...nobody cares!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was hoping for so much more from Echo's revenge. It all felt so rushed and without any real emotional repercussions. And the thing with Echo being detained with the Spiderman web was groanworthy. If it weren't for that kid that plays Sam being so cute, I'd say the whole thing was a complete waste.

Speaking of the kid who plays Sam, he's a real scene stealer.

Can't say that I like the Todd/Todd stuff but I don't hate it, either. I'm giving all credit to the fact that I'm not FF-ing through this storyline to Roger Howarth. He has a way with bringing a certain kind of gravity to his material.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah the Echo stuff was a big waste. It was all laughable.

The kid playing Sam (I need to look up his name) is a total scene stealer. I cant help but smile when hes on.

I'm also with ya on the Todd/Todd stuff RH is the sole reason for not hitting the ff button (though I've still done it a few times). They need to find a way to move this along because it just keeps getting sillier. I wanted so much more from the first confrontation between St. John/Howarth. I guess now I'll look forward to the Howarth/Slezak reunion. They better not screw that up!

I'm not a fan of newbies but I do kinda like the new kid Baz, hes not terrible. The kid playing Jack however is still horrendous.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wonder what that felt like (the string) as there is no way it was the real silly string. Since ABC owns Marvel now that's why so much Spiderman stuff. I didn't get how it went from a water hose fight to Dorian tied up at the Minuteman Motel.

Watching some of the TM/RH stuff, but not all of it.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Jul 22 2011, 06:10 PM
I didn't get how it went from a water hose fight to Dorian tied up at the Minuteman Motel.
Yeah, I think they're really pushing the limits of suspension of disbelief with a lot of what they're writing right now. So much of it seems so silly, but not in a good way. But the funny thing about Dorian having her mouth taped up was that I couldn't help thinking how Robin Strasser loves to say more than she probably should on twitter.

I didn't have my hopes up for the Todd/Todd confrontation but it was pretty lame. Then, when that agent guy showed up it kind of went from bad to worse. And to have the agent guy shoot (I'm still not sure what exactly he did to RH) Todd and push him in the water....how ridiculous was that! Are there writers pulling their storylines out of a hat??? It reminds of something I've seen on youtube where the writer (I think it was a Santa Barbara writer) joked about writing stories based on where a dart landed on a dartboard. I think this story would be so much better if we had Viki in the middle trying to decide which Todd is the real Todd. Other than my fondness for Roger Howarth, I have no real emotional investment in this story.
Edited by bilki, Jul 22 2011, 11:33 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Life to Live · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: