Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Buchanan Buzz; Spoiler-free OLTL discussion
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 11:11 AM (3,399 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I was hoping Jessica would keep the name "Asa" for her baby boy. I'm really hoping Jessica's baby is actually Ford's and Natalie's will be Brody's and the whole thing will be a big mess. And won't Clint just hate having an heir to his throne being fathered by Ford. HA! Speaking of Clint, I can't wait to see what he's going to do to Aubrey. YEE-HAW!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG! That was one helluva wedding ceremony! I couldn't even be bothered to watch the stuff with Blair and Starr. Was fun to watch the fallout of reveal that evilClint is Rex's father and that Rex lied to Charlie about the second test. I love it that even when evilClint is exposed for what he is he still lashes out with that acid tongue of his! Cracks me up! Was nice to see Viki get a few reactions in there. I thought it funny that Rex didn't know where to look for Charlie because the first thing I thought was that he'd go to Echo to get drunk with her. At least I was right about the getting drunk part. Hopefully, Echo will show up there at the bar!

Looking forward to part 2, though I think I already know which other DNA test Vimal switched. Natalie is soooooo hoping it's hers, LOL!

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
And the hits just keep on coming.....

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so I've watched the last two days thanks to someone yammering on and on to me about how I need to give OLTL a chance. I haven't watched the show in a few years so there's a ton of new characters. It's going to take me a while to get in the groove again.

But first off, Bilki! You didn't tell me that Ted King was on this show!!! OMG. That's all you needed to say and I would have started recording much sooner. Sexy, sexy man!

I have a question. Did Rex already know that Clint is his real dad and not Charlie? He looked so stunned but then he said he never got a second paternity test so I'm confused. I love Rex. Don't understand why Clint wouldn't want him for a son.

John McBain is still a hottie. Things don't looks so good for him and Natalie. The actress who plays Nat looks like she's lost a ton of weight. She was always super-duper curvy and top-heavy. She looks good.

My hubby still calls Evil Clint "Ross". :P He was kind of freaking out when I was watching and he saw Kelly/Dinah and then Aubrey/Katie. He's such a goof, he actually called Kelly "Harley". LOL!!!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL good job Bilki!

Ted King has only been on a couple of weeks, and not much yet. I do like his glasses. :)

Rex figured that Clint was his biological father, but he didn't want to know. A DNA test said he wasn't and he was happy with Charlie in that role.

Echo (KZ's character) drugged Clint and slept with him once. Then she faked her death and Clint was blamed. Then she abandoned the baby in the hospital, if Clint knew from day one he would have been a father to Rex, but that did not happen.

Basically it was weird how Clint and Rex started to hate one another. My first indication was interviews with JPL where he talked about how Clint was the most evil person (and this was weeks before he did anything truly bad)...and then we'd get scenes where Clint is like Rex is scum. Basically Rex broke into BE/Clint's office as Kelly was paying him to find out info on David. Rex found out that Clint helped David to be deported to Morocco and thrown into prison. He kept his mouth shut as otherwise Gigi wouldn't be able to go to college. This action made Clint even seem to hate Rex more.

Your husband would have been totally freaking on some of the other episodes due to the P&G actor connections. It is kind of hilarious.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

LOL good job Bilki!

I've been sending her harassing messages for over a week. :woot:

I didn't know you were such a big fan of Ted King, Cheryl, but I'm glad all my yammering came with an added bonus for you, LOL! As BL said, he's only been on for a couple weeks, so you're tuning in just as his storyline is beginning.

WOW! Wednesday's show was awesome! I feel like they didn't miss a beat. I've been looking forward to Viki's reaction to all this for weeks now and she didn't disappoint. And that rotten Natalie *still* wasn't going to tell John the truth! Not that I'm a fan of John, but I loved it when he yelled at her to stop lying. I am a little sad that Marty will no longer have something to taunt Natalie with.

One thing about Clint and Rex, Cheryl, is that evilClint thinks everyone is after the Buchanan fortune and he has himself convinced that Rex is a con artist. Some of this has to do with Rex's past and I always tell myself that Echo being a gold digger also plays into this. Maybe if evilClint didn't hate Echo he'd be more open to Rex being his son.

It almost feels odd to finally have all these secrets out. This has been the bulk of the story since I started watching back in November, so I'm wondering what they'll do now. Hopefully, the fallout will be as fun to watch as the buildup. And I'm so hoping we get some good Echo scenes within the next few days. Charlie is going to be ripe for the picking after all this!

Bring on the questions, Cheryl.....
Edited by bilki, Feb 10 2011, 11:55 AM.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Feb 9 2011, 11:47 PM
Ted King has only been on a couple of weeks, and not much yet. I do like his glasses. :)
Oh....my God. The glasses were what did me in......SO FREAKIN HOT!!!

Quote:

I've been sending her harassing messages for over a week. :woot:

Yes. Can you sue for "soap opera harassment"??? :P

Quote:

Not that I'm a fan of John, but I loved it when he yelled at her to stop lying.

Okay, so you don't like John (crazy!), but do you like John and Nat together? When I watched years ago, I didn't like them as a couple. Back then I was all about John and Evangeline and later on, John and Blair. My buddy Care who watches faithfully however, says she loves John and Natalie together. Boy, he looked madder than a hornet's nest when he figured out she'd had a paternity test done too. Oh my! :violent:

My buddy says she likes the Aubrey character. I'm looking forward to seeing more of TC. She looks amazing, BTW.

So what is Todd up to these days? He was always another of my faves.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Todd and Tea are remarried. They haven't had much to do of late. I figure their story will pick up again soon.

Saw on a GH blog (wub tub) this quote they read on twitter: Jennifer Aniston was just heard on THE VIEW: "I just met Viki from ONE LIFE TO LIVE in the elevator and I almost passed out."

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Feb 10 2011, 05:58 PM
Saw on a GH blog (wub tub) this quote they read on twitter: Jennifer Aniston was just heard on THE VIEW: "I just met Viki from ONE LIFE TO LIVE in the elevator and I almost passed out."

Hahaha.....that's great. It's funny that no matter how famous you are, you still get all giddy when it comes to your fave soap characters. Like, I could tell that Oprah really meant it yesterday when she had on the soap stars and when they were telling her how honored they were to be there, she reiterated that SHE was the one excited to have them on and since it was her 25th and last season, she was only having on people that SHE wanted to talk to. For a minute there, she didn't get on my nerves!

I saw Todd today......I still think he's sexy as all getout. He's just so deliciously ornery. Love how he was laughing at what happened at the double wedding and Tea had to chastise him because it was his niece. He's so great! :wub1:

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Feb 10 2011, 04:22 PM
Okay, so you don't like John (crazy!), but do you like John and Nat together? When I watched years ago, I didn't like them as a couple. Back then I was all about John and Evangeline and later on, John and Blair. My buddy Care who watches faithfully however, says she loves John and Natalie together. Boy, he looked madder than a hornet's nest when he figured out she'd had a paternity test done too. Oh my! :violent:
Michael Easton's breathy, constipated line delivery annoys me enough that I don't care much for John. I can't say that I dislike the character, though. It's more the actor. And I don't care much for Melissa Archer, either. But I do enjoy it when bad things happen to Natalie. I loved Marty taunting her with going to John with the truth about the paternity of her baby. Oddly enough, I think there's an interesting dynamic between John and Natalie. I'm not going to be rooting for them to stay together but I will watch some of their scenes together.

They had Natalie with Charlie's son, Jared (who's now dead, I think), when I last watched the show and they were a total snoozefest.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki, I don't care what you say.....Michael Easton is HOT, HOT, HOT! I think he's a good actor, too. I loved it when that lone tear went down his face the other day. So sad. I hope John dumps Natalie and quick. I remember Nat when she was with that Jared dude and I agree, they were Dullsville, Inc.

Did anyone see the old OLTL eppy that aired on Friday? OMG, it was so cool! Seeing young Roger Howarth with his scar and his long, flowing hair. My gorgeous Thorsten Kaye (oh my!) also of the long, flowing hair. And Nathan Fillion when he was Joey!!! OMG, he was so damn cute! And Gina Tognoni was cute as a button. I think she's prettier with a little more weight on her like she was back then. I love watching those old eppies.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mitch Lawrence killed Jared. I didn't mind Jared and Natalie, but the whole "incest" thing was ridiculous.

The 1995 episode was fun because it felt like a soap. I know that sounds wrong, but I miss "real love scenes" and scenes that last more than a minute here and there.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Cheryl, I guess we won't have to fight over Michael Easton. You can have him, LOL!

Now I wish I would have recorded Friday's episode. Would have been fun to watch an episode from the 90s. Interesting that they showed an episode with Roger Howarth. I wonder if that was intentional because of the picture of Todd's old face thing they recently did with Blair/Ted King's character.

I didn't know Mitch killed Jared. Thanks, BL! So is Mitch dead? Or could he come back from the dead?

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Mitch is in prison again. So he can come back, but hopefully he won't as the last story was bad. That's why Jessica had issues delivering baby Ryder as Charlie shot her accidently while aiming for Mitch due to Jared.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bilki--I had no idea it was going to be an old one. I noticed that my dvr didn't record Friday's episode and automatically assumed it had screwed up. So I went to SoapNet (which I will miss sooooooo much when it's gone!) and recorded that day's eppy later on that night. I was thrilled when I saw all of those old characters. It was too cool.

BL--thanks for telling us the date. Hubby and I were arguing about it, he said it looked like an 80s eppy because of the long hair and I guessed mid-90s. I'm good! :P

P.S. And I TOTALLY agree with you about the love scenes then as compared to now.......NO comparison. There were some very sexy, romantic scenes in that eppy, especially between Marty and Patrick.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Feb 14 2011, 04:43 PM
There were some very sexy, romantic scenes in that eppy, especially between Marty and Patrick.
Was it Susan Haskell's Marty, or the recast? If it was Susan Haskell, then I'm really mad at myself for not recording it.

They run those repeat episodes periodically, Cheryl. Earlier in this thread, jbrr1212 explained that it's part of their tightening of the budget. I'm going to have to start recording them just to make sure they're not something I want to see.

I haven't watched today's episode, yet. I usually save it to watch while I eat my breakfast. But I'm tempted to check it out now.....

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was Susan Haskell as Marty. It was when they were in Ireland back when they first met. Supposedly other than holidays, they are eliminating these reruns. Figure too many people complained and in ratings months it dropped them by a lot which hurt the bottom line.

PS here is the list of people on the ballot to get a pre-nomination Emmy wise for OLTL...if two or less people are listed they are automatically pre-nominated for OLTL. Click on the link to read the rest. http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Features/Articles/110209_emmy_prenoms_NB.htm

ONE LIFE TO LIVE
Lead Actress in a Drama Series
• Kassie DePaiva • Susan Haskell • Florencia Lozano
• Erika Slezak • Gina Tognoni

Lead Actor in a Drama Series
• Jerry verDorn • Robert S. Woods

Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
• Melissa Archer • Ilene Kristen • Hillary B. Smith
• Robin Strasser • Bree Williamson

Supporting Actor in a Drama Series
• Brian Kerwin • Mark Lawson • Sean Ringgold

Younger Actress in a Drama Series
• Kristen Alderson • Shenell Edmonds • Farah Fath
• Kelley Missal • Brittany Underwood

Younger Actor in a Drama Series
• Eddie Alderson • Nic Robuck • David A. Gregory
Edited by blosslover, Feb 14 2011, 09:17 PM.

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gina Tognoni for lead actress? I love her but is she out of her mind? She hasnt had a storyline since returning to OLTL! Its made even more rediculous since Robin Strasser and Hilary B Smith are in the supporting actress category.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Feb 14 2011, 09:15 PM
Supposedly other than holidays, they are eliminating these reruns. Figure too many people complained and in ratings months it dropped them by a lot which hurt the bottom line.
I didn't even realize they showed a repeat during a Sweeps month. How bizarre!

Monday's show was one helluva ride! I kinda loved it that Charlie went to see Echo, which is strange because Viki is one of my favorites. Joey looks like such a sap marrying that Aubrey. I know he doesn't know she's conning him but with all the drama going on around them you'd think he might wait until his sisters are on the mend. Not to mention that he shouldn't really think Kelly is out to cause trouble for him. The Jess/Natalie/Brody/John scenes were pretty great. Of course, that rotten Natalie wouldn't take any responsibility for her actions. I don't know how I feel about the possibility of Tess coming back. The last time I watched they had her with someone locked up in the Llanfair basement and it was a stinker of a story. Was it Natalie she had down there? All that I can remember is Tina's little dog barking at the basement door.

I know that Echo knew that Clint is really Rex's father, but how did Charlie get sucked into all this? At some point did Echo lie to Charlie and tell him he's Rex's father in order to steal him away from Viki?
Edited by bilki, Feb 15 2011, 11:58 AM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Robin Strasser I think said on her hotline she wanted to be in supporting. It is the performers choice at least at OLTL for the category.

Yes Friday was February sweeps and they did this, same as in November...and November it was mid-week, which hurt the ratings for the other days.

Actually for part of that Jessica was her other alter Bess, not Tess. Bess is like Jean Randolph. Poor David Vickers and he was a she!

Charlie "guessed" he was Rex's father. Echo did not dispel that notion even though she knew that Clint was the father as did Clint--but Clint was going to throw Rex into prison if Echo didn't keep her mouth shut (the scenes that made me go OMH they have sex chemistry help me...)

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree that Joey looked like a major schmuck for marrying Aubrey right after the disaster with Natalie and Jessica's non-weddings. I mean....who does that??? I wish I hadn't seen that rerun the other day with Nathan Fillion playing Joey. There is NO comparison. Plus, his chemistry with Gina Tognoni was awesome.

Bilki--I'm with you on your disdain for Natalie. She's no annoying. She seems to blame everyone but herself for her problems and for God's sake, quit your constant sniveling, woman and get ahold of yourself!!! :violent: She doesn't deserve that sexy John McBain.

So is David Vickers off the scene now that he's back on Desperate Housewives? I *heart* that character so much!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
David will be back eventually. Clint got him in prison...and no one knows this yet other than Rex. I look at current Joey and think not Nathan, SIGH, but they considered hiring Austin Peck for that part or Brody Hutzler and both would have been odder for me. At least Natalie couldn't be mean to Clint, that's all I can say positively about her right now.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I had forgotten about Bess, though I remember those mirrored room scenes of Bess and Tess fighting for control of Jessica. Other than being a plot device, I don't see the point of having Tess back, again. I think watching Nat, John, Jessica, Brody and Ford work through this mess could be an interesting story without her.

I love that the Echo/Charlie/Viki situation has become even more complicated. Watching The Zimmer do her thing reminds of Reva's glory days. And Zimmer has always been one of my favorite cry-ers in daytime.

Viki's reaction to Joey getting married was great!

JvD is so much fun as evilClint. Watching him with deal with Aubrey was sinfully delicious.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What are we supposed to think about Charlie? I mean come on he cheats on Viki with Echo with no regrets. I don't blame Echo for what she did by sleeping with him, though when everyone finds out she knew Clint was Rex's father...there will be some angry people.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What I like about this story is that there's a good deal of 'grey'. I'm not saying it's OK for Charlie to cheat on Viki, just that I don't believe there was a malicious intent behind it. Did Charlie say he didn't regret it? Maybe I missed that. He seemed like he knew it wasn't the right thing to do. With Echo, she's not being completely honest with Charlie about Rex's paternity but I do think she cares for, and maybe even loves, Charlie. Again, I don't think there's malicious intent behind her actions.

While I think Charlie and Viki make a good couple, Echo and Charlie feel a bit more 'real' to me. Maybe it's because they're not together, though. I always liked Reva and Josh better when they were apart and fighting to get back together. Needless to say, this is one of my favorite storylines on the show at this time.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Charlie just seems like a big ol' goof to me. I never could see him with Vicki. Echo seems much more his style. He didn't seem all that sorry about cheating on his wife for what I saw. Rather, it seemed like he had feelings for Echo. He's a wishy-washy goof!

I LOVE JVD as EvilClint. Whoever woulda thunk he would be soooooo good at being BAD?!? :firemad:

Thanks Bilki, for saying that about John McBain's "breathy" delivery. Now I seem to obsess on it and it annoys me!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Feb 21 2011, 10:34 PM
Thanks Bilki, for saying that about John McBain's "breathy" delivery. Now I seem to obsess on it and it annoys me!
:lmfao: Sorry, Cheryl! Though I'm a little surprised it took me pointing out that he heavy whispers most of what he says for you to notice it.

I see what you mean by Charlie being a big goof, Cheryl. I didn't like him with Viki when I watched in 2009. Not sure why I don't mind them together, now. Maybe just because I like the element of conflict that Echo brings into it all.

Of course Natalie is mad at John for sleeping with Kelly. She's so completely selfish and self-absorbed. I don't know if Melissa Archer does it intentionally but she makes Natalie so easy to hate....but I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though I don't care for the thought of Marty and John spending time together, I might enjoy it just because it would piss Natalie off.

Would a marriage between Tess and Robert Ford even be legal? It seems a little silly. But seeing Ford walk around in a towel makes it sooooooo easy to watch.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed the Rex/evilClint scenes. I chuckle every time Clint tells Rex he doesn't want him as his son, which may have something to do with the fact that I'm not much of a fan of Rex myself.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Feb 22 2011, 11:38 AM
Cheryl
Feb 21 2011, 10:34 PM
:lmfao: Sorry, Cheryl! Though I'm a little surprised it took me pointing out that he heavy whispers most of what he says for you to notice it.
I guess I noticed but I didn't care because I always thought he was so freakin' HOT. It was one of the things I liked about him--his sexy voice. Don't get me wrong, I still find him incredible sexy but now I can hear your voice inside my head complaining about it. I'm so confused!

Quote:

But seeing Ford walk around in a towel makes it sooooooo easy to watch.

Holy moly, you can say THAT again!!! :wub1: This is a great soap for incredibly shallow people such as myself. :P

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The stuff with Rex/Clint yesterday was fun, especially the in your face part.

Not surprisingly Ford (Robert) does nothing for me. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Life to Live · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: