Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Buchanan Buzz; Spoiler-free OLTL discussion
Topic Started: Nov 23 2010, 11:11 AM (3,401 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
After reading that the vets on this show are getting a good amount of airtime (along with the Zimmer and VerDorn), I decided I should check it out, again. It comes as nice surprise that the last three days have been pretty good. Looks like I came in just at the right time with the DNA reveals, and Clint's switcheroo.

What do think of evilClint?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tex Longhornfan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was mainly listening to yesterday's show while doing other things. I may have missed it, but did they ever say which one of Clint's daughters that the guy switched the results to show Brody as the Father? I hope it was Natalie and that John is really the Father. I don't like Clint becoming so dark and I damn sure don't like him being Rex's Father, but on the up side Rex and Natalie would really be brother and sister.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL on the title...

We have no idea which DNA test was switched just one of the daughters.

Clint being dark is fine, being demented is not fine.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm pretty sure Vimal, evilClint's helper, said he changed the DNA test to show that Brody is the father of Natalie's baby. I just started watching the other day, but I'm guessing that means the baby is really John's. So, Natalie thinks she's lying when she says that the baby is John's but she's actually telling the truth. What I want to know is if Marty came in the lab before or after Vimal changed the DNA results. Does Marty's report say John or Brody is the father? And I wonder if Vimal changed Jessica's test result. That's a lot of storyline revolving around DNA test results.

evilClint reminds me more of Alan Spaulding than a good ol' boy.

How is Zimmer as Echo? Does it seem like Reva is now living in Llanview? I love that Viki can't stand her.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm sick to death of who are Rexs parents but I guess this is as good an outcome as any. I just want it over, unfortunately I dont see that happening. I dont mind darkClint. I think there is definately a line he shouldnt cross but i dont think we've gotten there yet.

The girls DNA stuff has been good. This is clearly going to play out for quite some time so its a good start. WTF is Martys deal? Too bad Eli didnt kill her too.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kim and Jerry have sexual chemistry on OLTL, so no she isn't playing Reva. And the idea that I see them having that kind of chemistry on screen is shocking. I am rooting for hate sex.

Clint lived in London for years. To me it is sort of like HB Lewis mixed with Alan.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When I was watching the show two years ago (for Andrea Evans' return as Tina), it seem they were dealing with Rex's search for his parents. I don't think he's that interesting of a character to have such a prolonged paternity storyline.

Why did Clint not want the DNA test to show that John is the father of Nat's baby? Is there a feud between the two? And, does Clint really like Brody, or is he just putting on a show when he says how much he likes him?

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Clint wanted Jessica's DNA test to say Brody. He didn't know about Natalie's test.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I dont think Rex is all that interesting either, but someone sure does. Hes pretty much been frontburner since joining the show 8 yrs ago. I cant even remember all the different people who at one time or another were believed to be the parents. Its definately played out.

Thanksgiving show was nice. Good to see all the vets and some fun family moments.

Is it just me or is there ZERO chemistry between JLs Inez and JvDs Clint? I dont see much chemistry with her and Bo either, but I'm a long time Bo/Nora fan. The sexual chemistry between KZ and JvD is definately there though, even if a little surprising for us GL fans.

What does everyone think of John Wesley Shipp as Daddy Ford? Curious to see where it goes but so far I like a new villain.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Nov 24 2010, 01:08 PM
Clint wanted Jessica's DNA test to say Brody. He didn't know about Natalie's test.
Are you sure, BL? I thought Vimal said Natalie. I didn't hear him once say Jessica's name.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They never said either girls' name just daughter/DNA test. I think we are to assume Vimal changed Natalie's test to Brody, while Vimal should have made sure Jessica's test said Brody. It is vague.

The lack of chemistry between JL and the others I think is intentional. You don't play something up if it isn't that kind of relationship (and don't see the show going that way in the future.)

katinka
Member Avatar
Carpe Diem
[ * ]
They showed Vimal on Monday (I think) in front of the computer screen where it said "Banks, Natalie". He must not know that the girls are twins and Clint never asked for a name verification. Marty walked in right after that.....

I'm new to OLTL too! With so many GL vets, I thought I'd give it a try. So far....pretty good. Though...I think the writing is on the wall for a baby switch between the twins....

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
According to the recap at abc.com, Vimal could have changed Jessica's or Natalie's test result.

Dorian and Viki hating on Echo makes me chuckle. Good to have Joey back. Viki needs her sons around. The Eddie Ford character seems like such an obvious future murder mystery. It's like you can see them lining up all of the suspects. Clint telling Nora that he's been paranoid ever since she left him for Bo helped me to understand why he is the was he is now.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
OLTL on Chelsea Lately... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_73zkp08Mk#t=0m40s

The clip is the cliffhanger with JL and JvD....

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
While I think John Wesley Shipp is playing Eddie Ford way too OTT for my taste, I did like his scenes with Nora. I've got mixed feelings about Evil Clint. I have a hard time believing Clint would do some of these things but I like some of the story and character interactions that are resulting from his machinations. I imagine Clint/Nora fans are groaning at the possibility of Bo sleeping with Inez.

I don't know why but I've already accepted Terri Colombino as this Aubrey character. I still think of Maura West as Carly when I see her on Y&R and I'm still thinking of Gina Tognoni as Dinah, and I watched OLTL when GT was introduced as Kelly. WEIRD! Are we supposed to be guessing about who Aubrey is talking to during those phone calls? I've read some speculation that she may be a daughter of Echo/Charlie.

She's been up to the same old tricks for decades but Dorian still makes me laugh! I liked that they made reference to Dorian's past with Joey. Or maybe I was just reading into things.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The stuff with the boys arguing about the authenticity of Santa and Echo falling down the chimney in the Santa suit was pretty good. Even a grinch like myself had a good laugh at that one. I think OLTL is making much better use of The Zimmer's talents than GL did in its later years.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree with you Bilki. Echo is entertaining in a way that Reva hadn't been unfortunately. She's "bad", but has a heart.

I want Aubrey to dump Joey and use Clint. LOL I'm laughing as I am typing this as seriously that would be fun.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did you get the feeling that Clint and Aubrey may know each other when he bumped into her, BL? It was towards the end of Wednesday's show. I think they were in the foyer at Llanfair.

Much to my surprise, I like Jessica Leccia as Inez. I didn't care much for her on GL, not that I could watch GL for more than a few minutes at that time.

I thought of you and Cheryl, BL, when I pulled out one of my AW tapes. I watched the episode that ended with Felicia's talk show revealing that Kathleen was alive and the final moment was of Carl Hutchins. When I get the time, I want to find the moment when Carl goes to say "Hello" to Donna. I just loved the way he would taunt her!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was hoping it meant that they knew each other in the past, but who knows.

Hello Donna...too funny I recall that very good.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, Tuesday's show was real good. Very much enjoyed the Clint/Echo scenes there in the barn. That's the stuff soaps were made of! I was surprised Inez revealed all about Clint, as I thought we'd have to wait until February Sweeps for all that to come out. I wonder if Aubrey's days are numbered, or if they'll keep her around after it's revealed she's up to no good.

What's up with Wednesday's show being pre-empted for that "hot guys" thing?

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tuesdays show was good. I think Aubrey will be around for awhile even after the truth comes out. I like her well enough, her boyfriend not so much. I'm glad they changed their mind about casting that guy as Joey cuz I just dont like him at all.

ABCs cost cutting is the reason for the preemption. It will be happening on a semi regular basis now.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Jan 19 2011, 02:21 PM
ABCs cost cutting is the reason for the preemption. It will be happening on a semi regular basis now.
Ohhhhhh. I vaguely remember reading something about that awhile back. Nice of them to give us a good show the day before the pre-emption.

I agree the guy playing Cutter would have been a miscast as the new Joey. But I'm not sure I like this other guy as Joey, either. Maybe in time.

BL, what are your currrent thoughts/feelings about JvD as evilClint?

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it is interesting to watch Jerry play so morally bankrupt. He's a mess and finally they explained some of Clint's choices. I hope they don't bury the character if that makes any sense though.

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad that Jerry gets to play a little baddie as Clint. He was good guy Ross for too long. Although I wish he wasn't so hard on Rex. I wish there was some other reason that he didn't want to claim him as his son rather than just thinking him a golddigger. Considering Rex had already bonded with his brother Bo and his daughter Nat was already raised as Rex's sister. Plus there is also Shane to consider. Like it or not Shane is his grandson. He has already raised Kevin, Joey and Jessica who are not his blood, whats one more that actually is!

As far as Cutter goes, I am glad that he is not Joey as well. The pics of him were hot when he was annouced but his appeal is not translating well on screen. He also seems a little...queeny? (Too bad Fish wasn't still in town and he was going to throw everyone off his affair with Aubree by coming between Fish and Kyle)

I have a feeling that by the time the truth comes out about Aubree she will have fallen in love with Joey (and his whole family) for real. One of the newborn babies will probably need a bone marrow transplant or something, Aubree will be a match and everyone will call it even.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think part of why Clint doesn't accept Rex is Bo. They are just so close and I wonder if Clint resents that relationship. Rex does all these things that are illegal and Bo looks the other way. If Clint didn't have to deal with Rex, I think he would accept Shane with open arms. He was screwed out of raising all of his biological children, how screwed up is that. That said, I did appreciate that when Clint told Matthew the lies about Bo and Nora that he felt badly.

Cutter being a bisexual scam artist would be different and put a totally new spin on the program. SIGH.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
WOO-HOO! Good Thursday show! I loved the Bo/Clint scenes! Real soapy stuff there. This show makes my heart smile when it gives the seasoned actors some worthy material to work with. I can't remember if they've ever had Clint and Bo at odds like this in the past, but I'm curious to see what they'll do with this rivalry.

I'm surprised to admit that I also enjoyed the introduction of Vimal's wife. She seems like she'll be fun.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was pleasantly surprised by Vimals wife too. The Bo/Clint stuff was full of soapy goodness. OLTL is definately on a great track right now!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thursday's show was pretty good. It's fun watching them all come at Clint while he swats them off like nagging flies. I want him to get his comeuppance but I also love watching him cause trouble. He's a great "love to hate" character. I can't wait to see how he's going to deal with Aubrey!

I also love the conflict that Viki faces as Charlie expects the best from her, while Echo brings out her "ugly" side. Good stuff!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Clint telling Aubrey to "Go to hell" at the church gave me a good laugh. I like that Aubrey doesn't have full grasp of who she's going up against by getting into the ring with Clint. I was hoping one of the girls would keep "Asa" as a name for her boy.

This story with Blair and Todd's old face makes me wish they'd find a way to bring Roger Howarth back....not that he'd return. Seems like I remember hearing he had some sort of disdain for the Todd character.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if Howarth did return. The rumors of a return seem to come up every couple months and after ATWT was axed there was wide speculation he would be back. He was vocal about his dislike for the direction of todd when he left but alot of actors have said the same types of things then came back. It just seems fishy that they would keep showing his face then not do anything with it. I do really like Ted King and (so far) Tomas so this story is keeping my interest.

I wish Jess had kept Asa as the name but I dont get Nat wanting the name too, she wasnt even that close to Asa.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Life to Live · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: