Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Daily Show / The Colbert Report
Topic Started: Sep 17 2010, 08:27 AM (2,023 Views)
Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
So do you think he's going to stay in character or let us see the 'real' Stephen?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Real Stephen. He's already tweeted that, and said 'So now we'll see how much of him is me.'

Many, many links (including one saying it's a bad choice, since many people DON'T know non-character Stephen... I think it's going to be fine...). http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle/dear-cbs-please-let-colbert-be-colbert

O'Reilly is playful about it, says he wants the sidekick spot, but Rush is such a fucking asshat...

>> The conservative radio host weighed in on Colbert’s “Late Show” promotion, calling him a "partisan, so-called comedian.” He added: "“No longer is comedy going to be a covert assault on traditional American values, conservatives––now it’s just going to be wide out in the open. What this hire means is a redefinition of what is funny and a redefinition of what is comedy.”

Gotta hit record on The Report tonight... they're not in reruns, right?

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
No reruns tonight.

I've seen 'real' Stephen before the show and he is adorable. He will be great.

Rush is an asshat. O'Reilly is funny ... LOL ... I can't stand him but as Stephen's sidekick that would be hilarious for 5 seconds.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/comedy-central-picks-stephen-colbert-702908

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
May 9 2014, 07:22 PM
Wow! I'm surprised. I was expecting someone else. I was thinking Samantha Bee.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.hitfix.com/tv-tattle/rip-stephen-colbert-1997-2014 Lots of good links to peruse here...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/apr/18/jon-stewart-why-i-quit-the-daily-show#

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I quit watching when Colbert left his show, as we would watch them both live during dinner. I liked Colbert way better. I wish John Oliver had taken over one of the shows.

Stewart is on the ball but I get this arrogance from him that I never felt about Colbert.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't find Jon arrogant.

I don't watch every night, but will miss him when he's gone anyway...

Very glad HBO snapped up Oliver before these spots became open. He's got the perfect format going with his once-a-week... Does not need to be on four times a week.

'Eh' on Larry Wilmore.

Anxious to see Colbert's CBS show, but will miss Dave, as big a TV component in my life as, like, Guiding Light was...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Really interesting article Dax.

I will miss Jon big time. I have been DVRing 'The Daily Show' & 'The Colbert Report' for years and watching them the next evening with hubby.

Definitely not a fan of Larry Wilmore and stopped recording after the first couple of weeks. I probably won't continue with 'The Daily Show' once Jon is gone.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When Oliver subbed for Jon, I really loved it. I quit watching night time a long time ago. I did like Letterman in the early days, still do but I would rather read.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't watch or record the debut of Samantha's show last night, but I'm sure I'll see one eventually...

Did you see it?

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/full-frontal-with-samantha-bee-gets-its-werner-herzog-on-with-jeb

I don't watch Noah. Have only seen a few bits.

I've seen a little more of Larry, and like him, but haven't laughed a whole lot when I've happened by it...

I don't regularly watch Stephen, but it seems like he's doing fine... I saw Tina Fey and Will Ferrell the other night on the post-Super Bowl show... I love Stephen's theme music...

I love John Oliver, and his show. It's funny to remember how there was a reaction of 'noooooo' about his guest-hosting Daily the year Jon had to take some time off to go direct his movie, and now... Everybody loves Oliver's (terrific, very, very funny) show.

Looking forward to whatever digital/viral/short bits Jon is going to be making for HBO. That's the right new home for him.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: