Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
~ ATWT Spoilers & Discussion ~; August and September 2010
Topic Started: Aug 12 2010, 05:04 PM (4,469 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I don't have any spoilers to post, but since we're well out of July... new thread.

Five weeks (and 1 day) left.

I think this Lucy is really pretty.

I saw Jeffrey Meek (Craig #3) on The Glades the other night.

The duration of this 'Iris kidnaps Barbara' storyline is agonizing. Kinda fun seeing Babs and Emily tied up together, though.

Anxious to see Lily unleash fury on Lucinda.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This week is off to a dull start.

Very much looking forward to John Dixon next week, though.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
He was on the tag ending of Friday, too, just real quick.

Really good to see John.

Um. Okay, I'm usually not at all interested in the off-screen lives of real-life couples, but... this one's kinda been on my mind... have there been any rumors (or announcements, and I totally missed the story somehow) about a split between Maura West and Scott DeFreitas?

Because Andy's absence is REALLY baffling, both here at 'the end' and earlier in the year, the big Bob and Kim party. Yeah, I know Scott and Maura have five kids (the youngest only a year old) and he's a full-time Dad, but a long-running cast member MARRIED to a current cast member... and a hypothetical (please, I'm not in any way intending to START a rumor) split between them doesn't EVEN really serve to help explain DeFreitas not putting in at least a one-day appearance... I mean, they got Julianne Moore for a day, and somebody with DeFreitas' personal and professional long-standing with the show - and Andy's familial ties - isn't on at the end?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> there were several people who contacted the show and offered to return and were turned down.

I'd love to see that list.

Will and Gwen, I get (as they were central figures in recent years - like Danny and Michelle to GL), but I don't think ANYBODY needed a month-long (or five weeks? Six?) Barbara kidnapping plot with Gwen's evil Mommy as the villain, even if it gave W&G more to do than D&M got on GL... SO much wasted time for shitty story... days and days of Babs with a clown doll... grrr...

Can't imagine DeFreitas not being interested... I expect he was disappointed Andy didn't get a good-bye...

Some stupid writing in John's return, the constant dialogue reminders that he was a 'bad guy' (sure, but...), the misunderstanding today because John didn't yet know of Nancy's death, and the stupid secret Chris is keeping... first thing Lucinda says is she didn't know John had a soft spot for Nancy - really? Not even a funny half-joke... no John/Margo moment... or John/Barbara, or John/Lisa...

(Bothers me, too, that Katie has been so prominent for so long without Lyla being back for a visit - Craig, too, for that matter...)

Some fun flashbacks today. Hey, look, it's Lauryn Hill...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eleven shows left.

Thursday and Friday... next week (no show Monday), the week after that. September 17th is the last day.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I didn't notice about next Friday being off, too. Wow. So single-digits after today...

>> There was apparently quite of a bit of bad blood between he and the show when he left.

Hm. Didn't know that, other than I know it wasn't DeFreitas' choice to leave. Christmas parties (or did they stop having those awhile ago?) must have been awkward, then.

>> Martha Byrne offered to return as Rose but the offer was declined.

That would have been odd.

>> Noelle Beck also reportedly offered to step aside in the final weeks and let Martha reprise Lily and was turned down as well.

That's cool of her... and the show really should have taken her up on it.

>> Cooper and LeBlanc from Y&R offered to do a cameo like they did with GL and were turned down.

That's fine, the GL cameos were pretty pointless...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Script writing has been very poor. Just terrible, awful material.

I was surprised to see James Rebhorn - hadn't read he was going to be on. Reid's uncle is also Holden's former father-in-law. Huh.

Enjoyed watching John and Lucinda together today.

Six more shows...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
One week left.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> don't think he was on ATWT before.

Rebhorn was, in a similarly creepy role... Bradley Raines was Beth's stepfather and rapist on GL, but on ATWT, Henry Lange molested his daughter, Angel (a sweet girl that was married to Holden for a bit - and they adopted a baby on Christmas, Noel... after they divorced, she married Holden's brother, Seth...).

--

The John/Margo and John/Lucinda scenes are well-played, but bothersome in that there's STILL no explanation given for John's absence over the years... fine, they never wrote in even a stray line of dialogue that he'd ever LEFT town, but now they've established that he did... but WHY, and WHY has he not kept up contact with anybody, WHY did he neglect to aide Lucinda through her cancer period... that she's annoyed with him and he's apologetic is something, but WHY is a question that ought to have been asked AND answered by the show...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sadly, there's not much storyline to be lost on...

Yes, good to see John. Surprised you missed the news that he was gonna be back...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> it was amazing how easily he fell back into that role

Well, I wouldn't think it too hard, really... if you do something for 35 years or so, it doesn't entirely go away when you take off for 'just' the last six years...

>> Even the CarJack reunion seems forced and too quick.

Well, to a wedding, sure, but at least they've been mostly 'on' recently... but wait - we've still gotta have a Holden/Lily back-together... now that one WILL be seriously too rushed... unless they go the 'one year later' route that GL tossed in for Josh and Reva (and Rick & Mindy and Phillip & Beth and Frank & Blake, and...).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Henry and Babs got married recently, after a seemingly interminable Babs-kidnapped-by-Iris mess.

Katie's with Chris. He was dying via something he got before he came back to town (you know, the same deal we had with Phillip Spaulding), but Reid died, Chris got his heart, and everything's going to be okay for Katie and Chris and baby Jacob.

No Simon at the end. He and Katie got resolved earlier in the year...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So pre-finale, Parker wants to be a cop. Craig lets Gabriel go, but in so doing, may eventually have an okay relationship with him. Dusty is the father of Janet's baby. Jack and Carly re-marry, and she's pregnant.

Finale doesn't include Craig, Rosanna, Parker, Faith... they're already done, but there ARE deleted scenes out there with them (worth watching if you like those characters, but a lot of the scenes are extra-silly, too) - http://video.tvguide.com/As+the+World+Turns/As+The+World+Turns++Behind+the+Scenes+Finale+Extras/6389159?autoplay=true

Couples round-up:

Married and together - Bob & Kim, Dusty & Janet (Right? They got married, didn't they?), Jack & Carly, Henry & Barbara, Paul & Emily, Tom & Margo.

Engaged - Casey & Ali, Chris & Katie.

Back together - John & Lucinda.

Of course, they're gonna get there - Holden & Lily.

Kinda sorta dating, probably - Parker & Faith.

Might happen again - Luke & Noah, Craig & Rosanna.

-

Finale is one month after Thursday... Bob retires. Casey and Ali are moving. Margo and Katie are gonna trade houses. Barbara and Paul dissolve BRO. Lucinda retires. John is Acting Chief, with Chris assumed to have it if he wants it, but he's not sure.

Henry and Barbara reprise their 'Last Dance'.

Second-to-last scene is Jack and Carly. Last scene is Bob and Kim, and Bob finishes packing up his office. Light special on a spinning globe in a dark room. Schmaltzy music. Okay.

GL's end felt more emotional, even though there are more vets with longer runs (Bob, Lisa, Kim, Susan, John, Barbara) present here. Oh, well.

-

I watched daytime soaps for a quarter of a century, and now I don't any more. Hm. Feels weird.

In a few months, I'll try to check out Zimmer and Ver Dorn on OLTL, or West on Y&R... I know AMC still has a bunch o' people on it that I like...

But I don't have any interest in picking up another daily soap habit. I will probably watch The Daily Show and Colbert Report and Conan more often, maybe.

-

Really bothers me that Henry's wacky mother killed James Stenbeck last year 'for real'.

I'm fine with Babs and Paul and Emily 'exorcising their demons' and burning his picture and stuff, but... I really needed him alive. I didn't have to see another 'attack' on his family or anything, just... we should have seen him lurking in the shadows somewhere. He can't be killed. And if he HAD to be killed, it shouldn't have been in such a spectacularly stupid manner.

Oh, well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · As the World Turns · Next Topic »
Add Reply