Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
~ ATWT Spoilers & Discussion ~; August and September 2010
Topic Started: Aug 12 2010, 05:04 PM (4,473 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can't stand the new Lucy.....terrible actress. I did love it that Janet walked in on Dusty banging her though. It couldn't happen to a nicer whiny person!

Does Grayson McCouch wear a toupee? My hubby swears he does and now I can't look at him without analyzing his stupid hair!

I think I'm ready for this show to be done. How sad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tex Longhornfan
Aug 20 2010, 09:48 PM
Scorpioww
Aug 20 2010, 09:34 PM
Luke copes with a loss? I wonder if Noah is one of the unexpected deaths!
Spoiler: click to toggle
I just heard about this today and it makes me so sad. Sigh......... :(

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
mozartkc
Aug 21 2010, 10:26 AM
OK. Damn it.... I figured out the thing on my phone. That just makes me mad! Damn those writers.
I know! Even though the show is ending, I am still pissed and sad. That is such a great soap character and those are few and far between in the soap world. I was actually hoping the character would go to another soap! I'm definitely bummed. Glad you figured it out, Mozart.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Julsybean
Aug 22 2010, 02:20 PM
So are we positive that it is Noah and not Reid that dies??
No. I would say we are fairly positive that it's Reid who kicks the bucket. Boo! Hiss! :violent:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Aug 26 2010, 11:18 PM
Upcoming CarJack wedding sneak peek. I'm guessing it was shown during the Paley Center tribute so thats where the background laughing comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyvSR_BfaUM
God, Maura West is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I need something uplifting and fun after what is going to happen to Reid.

Mozart--I don't think Grandma thinks you deserve to die either. I agree with Tex. Some people were raised differently, especially the older generation. She probably didn't even realize that she said it and if she DID, she would probably feel bad for hurting your feelings.

Reid quickly became one of my all time favorite soap characters. It's odd that I'm so sad about this storyline when he's going to be gone anyway. I guess I just wanted to see him up to the very end. He's such a great character and Eric Sheffer Stevens plays him brilliantly. He's like Dr. House....on soaps!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Scorpioww
Aug 30 2010, 09:00 PM
I missed John Dixons return didn't I?
I think today was his first day. I'm a day behind right now though. But surely he will be on more than one day, right???

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, thanks, Mozart.....you officially answered the question!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax--what you said about Scott DeFreitas/Andy makes a lot of sense. I also wonder why he didn't come back when it seems the obvious and easy choice.

OMG.....having John Dixon back is sooooooo great! I'm all caught up now. Can't believe how easily Larry Bryggman slipped back into that role. Like butta....like a big sticka butta!!! Loved John's delight in Reid. Hahaha.....they are two peas in a pod. How funny was Reid breaking up Chris's golf game by accusing the other doctor of cheating? LOLOL!!! "And don't even get me started on what golf courses are doing to the environment." "You da man!" :lmfao: I am going to miss this character so much. Seriously, ESS is brilliant.

Been enjoying the flashbacks but sad at the same time. We're experiencing the deaths of Nancy, Helen Wagner, AND the show. It's a bit much but I'm glad they addressed it and I'm sure it was tough on the actors. I'm sure this storyline hit a little too close to home for comfort.

So when does the show officially end.....in two weeks?

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like today's show, especially the ending. I just don't get why they feel the need to kill off not just one, but two characters here at the very end. It definitely puts a damper on my final show viewing. I can understand the Nancy thing.....closure was definitely needed for her and it gave them a chance to show more awesome flashbacks.

I'm really mad at this show right now. :plzdie:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here's a great interview I found with MY man, ESS. I'm going to miss him so much! :(

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/as-the-world-turns/the-eric-sheffer-stevens-interview-as-the-world-turns/2010/07/29/

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nope. Poor Luke and Reid haven't even consummated their relationship yet. Bummer. I think this sort of story still scares the writers and producers half to death. I don't think they would have gone as far as they did if the show wasn't already canceled.
Quote:

I will miss Reid. What a great character in a schmaltzy sea of bad characters the past several years.

Amy--that is my feeling exactly. I can't believe how quickly I have grown to love this character in just a short 8 or 9 months. But it's just a really great meld of character and actor and I probably would have quit watching months ago if not for him.
Quote:

I really could care less for Chris and I was ready to shoot Katie myself. Her crying and whining was too over the top and annoying as Hell.

Oh God....I know. It was pathetic. This whole stupid storyline is pathetic. Ugh. :club:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was tough to watch the show today. I cried like a baby. :(

Seriously though, what a completely ridiculous way to kill off a character. First to have him stall his brand new car in the middle of a railroad track. Then, to have a train barreling down the tracks at that very moment. And then even his seatbelt gets stuck. GMAFB. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And now this stupid storyline has made me hate Chris! :rant:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 8 2010, 07:25 PM
Script writing has been very poor. Just terrible, awful material.
Can't argue with you there. This is painful. In a really bad, hate to watch way.
Quote:

I was surprised to see James Rebhorn - hadn't read he was going to be on. Reid's uncle is also Holden's former father-in-law. Huh.

Ugh. The only thing I could think was "Yuck, it's creepy Bradley Raines!"

I agree about Lucinda and John.....they are like a breath of fresh air. So glad EH talked Larry Brygmann into coming back to the show. It's been a real treat.

TamJonFan--I don't know a thing about the PGP board.......haven't posted there in years. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 10 2010, 04:52 PM
>> don't think he was on ATWT before.

Rebhorn was, in a similarly creepy role... Bradley Raines was Beth's stepfather and rapist on GL, but on ATWT, Henry Lange molested his daughter, Angel (a sweet girl that was married to Holden for a bit - and they adopted a baby on Christmas, Noel... after they divorced, she married Holden's brother, Seth...).
I know it's crazy but every since he was Bradley Raines on GL, I can't stand to watch the guy. I guess that means he's a really good actor? At any rate, he gives me the heebie jeebies, and I do NOT like him even being associated with MY Reid!
Quote:

Also the talk of the Bay City hospital made me realize that ATWT is the last straw of a huge complex and intertwining world that was the P&G soaps. It is truly heartbreaking to think about.

So true, Scorpio.....and so, so sad. It's the end of an era. I've watched ATWT and GL for (OMG!) over 35 years now. At least when we lost GL, I still had ATWT even though I had quit watching for a brief time. Damn, this sucks. :(

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Sep 14 2010, 09:50 AM
I haven't watched in months but a friend let me know this was the last week so I tuned in yesterday. I was shocked to see John and I'm sorry I missed him last week.

I'll watch for the next 4 days but I'm so lost on storyline that I'll just be tuning in to say goodbye to the vets.
Yes, John was a definite treat last week. It was amazing how easily he fell back into that role and how great it was to watch him and Lucinda sparring as usual.

I wouldn't even waste my time watching this final week. I'm trying but it's been godawful. Now that John's gone, Henry and Babs got their happy ending, and they KILLED OFF MY REID :rant: , there's not much else to watch. Even the CarJack reunion seems forced and too quick. This is painful. I'll seriously be glad when it's done. :(

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 18 2010, 02:29 PM
Finale is one month after Thursday... Bob retires. Casey and Ali are moving. Margo and Katie are gonna trade houses. Barbara and Paul dissolve BRO. Lucinda retires. John is Acting Chief, with Chris assumed to have it if he wants it, but he's not sure.

Henry and Barbara reprise their 'Last Dance'.

Second-to-last scene is Jack and Carly. Last scene is Bob and Kim, and Bob finishes packing up his office. Light special on a spinning globe in a dark room. Schmaltzy music. Okay.

GL's end felt more emotional, even though there are more vets with longer runs (Bob, Lisa, Kim, Susan, John, Barbara) present here. Oh, well.

I finally watched the finale this morning.....I've been putting it off. And I thought it was surprisingly good! Loved the narration by Bob, it reminded me of one of those sweet Christmas episodes where nothing really happens but they feature all of the characters and remind you why you love them.

Casey and Ali--I could care less. Although I loved the scenes with Margo (looking appropriately distraught and unkempt) and Tom with her lamenting how much she will miss Casey when he leaves. There was a nice touch of reality in those tears because you just KNOW that she's thinking about the show ending instead.

Henry and Babs were awesome. They were the only bright and shining spot for me in a sad, nostalgic, bittersweet episode. I will miss these characters.

Katie and Chris--who cares? Not me, I'm still mad that he has Reid's heart. :rant: And not invested in this couple enough to give a damn. But still, I've always loved TC and DC so I do appreciate their scenes together. It's too bad there wasn't enough time to really explore that relationship.

John and Lucinda--LOVED them ending up together! And the scenes with John and Lisa were a hoot. THANK GOD LARRY B. WAS BACK FOR THE END!!!

Luke-- :wub1: The only time I got teary-eyed was when Katie gave him Reid's stethoscope and he listened to "Reid's" heart. The look on his face was priceless. So sweet and touching. I miss Luke already! Hey......maybe Van Hansis will go to Y&R! :P

Loved Jack and Carly waking up together and her fear that they were "boring". Haha! NEVER. I will miss these two even though Jack annoyed me most of the time. Carly is one of my most favorite soap characters of all time. So thrilled Maura West finally won her Emmy and I look forward to seeing her on Y&R.

I actually liked this finale better than GL's. Probably because I was more of a regular viewer of this show at the end. At any rate, it's definitely the end of an era.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Manifan
Sep 19 2010, 11:32 PM
In a way this show ending was sadder to me than losing GL, which was a part of my soul. My mom got me started on soaps with ATWT. I was only 3 when I started watching Nancy, Chris, Ellen, Claire, Penny, and the others with her.

It is intensely depressing for me to lose these huge parts of my life. They were awful at the end, but it's still like losing a loved one who has had a terminal illness and is doing very badly just before passing.

There will always be a void in my heart where these shows once fondly resided.
Manifan--ditto to EVERYTHING you said. So many of us have similar stories. Although my mom quit watching, I used to watch with her back in the 80's. Kim was her favorite character. And I watched with my grandmother back in the 70's. I think she was partial to Dr. Bob. I think it's way sadder losing this one because at least when we lost GL, we still had ATWT to fall back on so it kind of lessened the blow. I've watched several other soaps throughout the years but none with the regularity or longevity of GL or ATWT. :(

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gate--that's the first I've heard about your parents knowing Kathryn Hays. How cool is THAT?!? I still remember her from her Star Trek episode as well when she played that weird telepathic chick who didn't talk.

Too funny about stalking Eileen Fulton! My grandmother is no longer with us either. I just think it's amazing how many of us that watch soaps started doing it with either a parent or grandparent. It's the end of an era, I tell you. What do they watch together nowadays.......The Jersey Shore??? I don't think so! :blink:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Scorpioww
Sep 22 2010, 03:14 PM
So I know I have a dirty mind but did anyone else snicker when Lucinda offered to fund an endowment in Reid's name and Luc responded with a smirk on his face "An endowment! I don't know if Reid would like it but I sure would!".

I watched with a friend and we kept rewinding and laughing hysterically!!!
Hahaha......you guys are terrible! I didn't even notice that. Leave it to you, Scorpio! :lmfao:

Quote:

LOL ... funny you mentioned that because I just watched 'The Jersey Shores' with Ashley yesterday.

Seriously? Now, I can watch me some reality shows but I tried to watch this one and couldn't get through ten minutes of it. It's awful! I hate the way they film it. The same way with The Hills. I lasted maybe five minutes when I tried to watch it. I think I'll stick with more highbrow fare such as The Real World and all of the Housewives! :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · As the World Turns · Next Topic »
Add Reply