Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~ ATWT Spoilers & Discussion ~; August and September 2010
Topic Started: Aug 12 2010, 05:04 PM (5,741 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
One week left.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Does anyone know what happened to the PGP board? Is it gone for good now that ATWT is almost done? I thought they said they were going to stay open.
Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 8 2010, 07:25 PM
Script writing has been very poor. Just terrible, awful material.
Can't argue with you there. This is painful. In a really bad, hate to watch way.
Quote:

I was surprised to see James Rebhorn - hadn't read he was going to be on. Reid's uncle is also Holden's former father-in-law. Huh.

Ugh. The only thing I could think was "Yuck, it's creepy Bradley Raines!"

I agree about Lucinda and John.....they are like a breath of fresh air. So glad EH talked Larry Brygmann into coming back to the show. It's been a real treat.

TamJonFan--I don't know a thing about the PGP board.......haven't posted there in years. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Bradley Raines was Beth's step father on Guiding Light. I don't think he was on ATWT before.
Quote Post Goto Top

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The John and Lucinda scenes were great. When she layed into him about not even contacting her during her struggle with cancer it was such a real moment. I also loved the scenes we got between John and Margo. It just makes me wonder how good the show could have been these last few years if John was back and they had a better focus on the vets.

Also the talk of the Bay City hospital made me realize that ATWT is the last straw of a huge complex and intertwining world that was the P&G soaps. It is truly heartbreaking to think about.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> don't think he was on ATWT before.

Rebhorn was, in a similarly creepy role... Bradley Raines was Beth's stepfather and rapist on GL, but on ATWT, Henry Lange molested his daughter, Angel (a sweet girl that was married to Holden for a bit - and they adopted a baby on Christmas, Noel... after they divorced, she married Holden's brother, Seth...).

--

The John/Margo and John/Lucinda scenes are well-played, but bothersome in that there's STILL no explanation given for John's absence over the years... fine, they never wrote in even a stray line of dialogue that he'd ever LEFT town, but now they've established that he did... but WHY, and WHY has he not kept up contact with anybody, WHY did he neglect to aide Lucinda through her cancer period... that she's annoyed with him and he's apologetic is something, but WHY is a question that ought to have been asked AND answered by the show...

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It is sad when you think about all that was lost due to mismanagement and cluelessness.

The link you have for the PGP board may be wrong. Try this: http://www.astheworldturnstv.com/
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 10 2010, 04:52 PM
>> don't think he was on ATWT before.

Rebhorn was, in a similarly creepy role... Bradley Raines was Beth's stepfather and rapist on GL, but on ATWT, Henry Lange molested his daughter, Angel (a sweet girl that was married to Holden for a bit - and they adopted a baby on Christmas, Noel... after they divorced, she married Holden's brother, Seth...).
I know it's crazy but every since he was Bradley Raines on GL, I can't stand to watch the guy. I guess that means he's a really good actor? At any rate, he gives me the heebie jeebies, and I do NOT like him even being associated with MY Reid!
Quote:

Also the talk of the Bay City hospital made me realize that ATWT is the last straw of a huge complex and intertwining world that was the P&G soaps. It is truly heartbreaking to think about.

So true, Scorpio.....and so, so sad. It's the end of an era. I've watched ATWT and GL for (OMG!) over 35 years now. At least when we lost GL, I still had ATWT even though I had quit watching for a brief time. Damn, this sucks. :(

frienz
[ * ]
Rebhorn does do creepy well!! I was looking at his IMDb site, and he has worked REGULARLY since 1976. Wow!! http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0714310/

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't watched in months but a friend let me know this was the last week so I tuned in yesterday. I was shocked to see John and I'm sorry I missed him last week.

I'll watch for the next 4 days but I'm so lost on storyline that I'll just be tuning in to say goodbye to the vets.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sadly, there's not much storyline to be lost on...

Yes, good to see John. Surprised you missed the news that he was gonna be back...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 14 2010, 12:45 PM
Yes, good to see John. Surprised you missed the news that he was gonna be back...

I apparently even posted spoilers back in July that he was coming back but I didn't read them until now. Oh well. I guess I can catch his episodes online when I get some time.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Sep 14 2010, 09:50 AM
I haven't watched in months but a friend let me know this was the last week so I tuned in yesterday. I was shocked to see John and I'm sorry I missed him last week.

I'll watch for the next 4 days but I'm so lost on storyline that I'll just be tuning in to say goodbye to the vets.
Yes, John was a definite treat last week. It was amazing how easily he fell back into that role and how great it was to watch him and Lucinda sparring as usual.

I wouldn't even waste my time watching this final week. I'm trying but it's been godawful. Now that John's gone, Henry and Babs got their happy ending, and they KILLED OFF MY REID :rant: , there's not much else to watch. Even the CarJack reunion seems forced and too quick. This is painful. I'll seriously be glad when it's done. :(

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am anxiously awaiting the realization that Janet's baby is Dusty's as I thought and said all along! Yeah the baby on the sonogram is big! He's a full term baby and not one two months early. Although it's 'cute' how they are trying to say she is due in three weeks. Bull kaka!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> it was amazing how easily he fell back into that role

Well, I wouldn't think it too hard, really... if you do something for 35 years or so, it doesn't entirely go away when you take off for 'just' the last six years...

>> Even the CarJack reunion seems forced and too quick.

Well, to a wedding, sure, but at least they've been mostly 'on' recently... but wait - we've still gotta have a Holden/Lily back-together... now that one WILL be seriously too rushed... unless they go the 'one year later' route that GL tossed in for Josh and Reva (and Rick & Mindy and Phillip & Beth and Frank & Blake, and...).

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
What ever happened with Henry & Babs? LOL ... are they together? What about Katie? Any Simon sightings?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Henry and Babs got married recently, after a seemingly interminable Babs-kidnapped-by-Iris mess.

Katie's with Chris. He was dying via something he got before he came back to town (you know, the same deal we had with Phillip Spaulding), but Reid died, Chris got his heart, and everything's going to be okay for Katie and Chris and baby Jacob.

No Simon at the end. He and Katie got resolved earlier in the year...

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think I am not totally disappointed. I'm only 50/50. The whole Babs things was too much but loved the love story with Henry and Barbara. Everything else has been running about the same 50/50. Love some stuff, hate a bunch.

This will be the first soap I have seen off to the end since AW got murdered for for no good reason in 1999.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So pre-finale, Parker wants to be a cop. Craig lets Gabriel go, but in so doing, may eventually have an okay relationship with him. Dusty is the father of Janet's baby. Jack and Carly re-marry, and she's pregnant.

Finale doesn't include Craig, Rosanna, Parker, Faith... they're already done, but there ARE deleted scenes out there with them (worth watching if you like those characters, but a lot of the scenes are extra-silly, too) - http://video.tvguide.com/As+the+World+Turns/As+The+World+Turns++Behind+the+Scenes+Finale+Extras/6389159?autoplay=true

Couples round-up:

Married and together - Bob & Kim, Dusty & Janet (Right? They got married, didn't they?), Jack & Carly, Henry & Barbara, Paul & Emily, Tom & Margo.

Engaged - Casey & Ali, Chris & Katie.

Back together - John & Lucinda.

Of course, they're gonna get there - Holden & Lily.

Kinda sorta dating, probably - Parker & Faith.

Might happen again - Luke & Noah, Craig & Rosanna.

-

Finale is one month after Thursday... Bob retires. Casey and Ali are moving. Margo and Katie are gonna trade houses. Barbara and Paul dissolve BRO. Lucinda retires. John is Acting Chief, with Chris assumed to have it if he wants it, but he's not sure.

Henry and Barbara reprise their 'Last Dance'.

Second-to-last scene is Jack and Carly. Last scene is Bob and Kim, and Bob finishes packing up his office. Light special on a spinning globe in a dark room. Schmaltzy music. Okay.

GL's end felt more emotional, even though there are more vets with longer runs (Bob, Lisa, Kim, Susan, John, Barbara) present here. Oh, well.

-

I watched daytime soaps for a quarter of a century, and now I don't any more. Hm. Feels weird.

In a few months, I'll try to check out Zimmer and Ver Dorn on OLTL, or West on Y&R... I know AMC still has a bunch o' people on it that I like...

But I don't have any interest in picking up another daily soap habit. I will probably watch The Daily Show and Colbert Report and Conan more often, maybe.

-

Really bothers me that Henry's wacky mother killed James Stenbeck last year 'for real'.

I'm fine with Babs and Paul and Emily 'exorcising their demons' and burning his picture and stuff, but... I really needed him alive. I didn't have to see another 'attack' on his family or anything, just... we should have seen him lurking in the shadows somewhere. He can't be killed. And if he HAD to be killed, it shouldn't have been in such a spectacularly stupid manner.

Oh, well.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Sep 18 2010, 02:29 PM
Finale is one month after Thursday... Bob retires. Casey and Ali are moving. Margo and Katie are gonna trade houses. Barbara and Paul dissolve BRO. Lucinda retires. John is Acting Chief, with Chris assumed to have it if he wants it, but he's not sure.

Henry and Barbara reprise their 'Last Dance'.

Second-to-last scene is Jack and Carly. Last scene is Bob and Kim, and Bob finishes packing up his office. Light special on a spinning globe in a dark room. Schmaltzy music. Okay.

GL's end felt more emotional, even though there are more vets with longer runs (Bob, Lisa, Kim, Susan, John, Barbara) present here. Oh, well.

I finally watched the finale this morning.....I've been putting it off. And I thought it was surprisingly good! Loved the narration by Bob, it reminded me of one of those sweet Christmas episodes where nothing really happens but they feature all of the characters and remind you why you love them.

Casey and Ali--I could care less. Although I loved the scenes with Margo (looking appropriately distraught and unkempt) and Tom with her lamenting how much she will miss Casey when he leaves. There was a nice touch of reality in those tears because you just KNOW that she's thinking about the show ending instead.

Henry and Babs were awesome. They were the only bright and shining spot for me in a sad, nostalgic, bittersweet episode. I will miss these characters.

Katie and Chris--who cares? Not me, I'm still mad that he has Reid's heart. :rant: And not invested in this couple enough to give a damn. But still, I've always loved TC and DC so I do appreciate their scenes together. It's too bad there wasn't enough time to really explore that relationship.

John and Lucinda--LOVED them ending up together! And the scenes with John and Lisa were a hoot. THANK GOD LARRY B. WAS BACK FOR THE END!!!

Luke-- :wub1: The only time I got teary-eyed was when Katie gave him Reid's stethoscope and he listened to "Reid's" heart. The look on his face was priceless. So sweet and touching. I miss Luke already! Hey......maybe Van Hansis will go to Y&R! :P

Loved Jack and Carly waking up together and her fear that they were "boring". Haha! NEVER. I will miss these two even though Jack annoyed me most of the time. Carly is one of my most favorite soap characters of all time. So thrilled Maura West finally won her Emmy and I look forward to seeing her on Y&R.

I actually liked this finale better than GL's. Probably because I was more of a regular viewer of this show at the end. At any rate, it's definitely the end of an era.

Manifan
[ *  * ]
In a way this show ending was sadder to me than losing GL, which was a part of my soul. My mom got me started on soaps with ATWT. I was only 3 when I started watching Nancy, Chris, Ellen, Claire, Penny, and the others with her.

It is intensely depressing for me to lose these huge parts of my life. They were awful at the end, but it's still like losing a loved one who has had a terminal illness and is doing very badly just before passing.

There will always be a void in my heart where these shows once fondly resided.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Manifan
Sep 19 2010, 11:32 PM
In a way this show ending was sadder to me than losing GL, which was a part of my soul. My mom got me started on soaps with ATWT. I was only 3 when I started watching Nancy, Chris, Ellen, Claire, Penny, and the others with her.

It is intensely depressing for me to lose these huge parts of my life. They were awful at the end, but it's still like losing a loved one who has had a terminal illness and is doing very badly just before passing.

There will always be a void in my heart where these shows once fondly resided.
Manifan--ditto to EVERYTHING you said. So many of us have similar stories. Although my mom quit watching, I used to watch with her back in the 80's. Kim was her favorite character. And I watched with my grandmother back in the 70's. I think she was partial to Dr. Bob. I think it's way sadder losing this one because at least when we lost GL, we still had ATWT to fall back on so it kind of lessened the blow. I've watched several other soaps throughout the years but none with the regularity or longevity of GL or ATWT. :(

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Sep 21 2010, 11:12 AM
Kim was her favorite character. And I watched with my grandmother back in the 70's. I think she was partial to Dr. Bob.
I know I've told these stories before but my mom & dad knew Kim (Kathryn Hays) when she worked as a model at the Ford Model Agency. My dad was a photographer and my mom was the office manager. They had kept in touch for a long time afterward but eventually lost touch.

I saw Lisa (Eileen Fulton) when I was just 17. Eileen Fulton was at Bergdorf Goodman trying on shoes and I was passing through trying to find a bathroom! I stalked the poor woman while she shopped and never got the nerve to go up to her. She was so glamorous and I was a teenage bum looking for a bathroom in a store where I couldn't afford the toilet paper. :P

I use to watch ATWT with my mom and grandma. My grandma is no longer alive and my mother isn't with it enough to know what is going on. I remember being devastated that Betsy had died and my grandma informed me that Betsy would be back with a face lift and the actress that played her (Meg Ryan) would be just fine. Grandma was always right.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gate--that's the first I've heard about your parents knowing Kathryn Hays. How cool is THAT?!? I still remember her from her Star Trek episode as well when she played that weird telepathic chick who didn't talk.

Too funny about stalking Eileen Fulton! My grandmother is no longer with us either. I just think it's amazing how many of us that watch soaps started doing it with either a parent or grandparent. It's the end of an era, I tell you. What do they watch together nowadays.......The Jersey Shore??? I don't think so! :blink:

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Sep 21 2010, 10:12 PM
I just think it's amazing how many of us that watch soaps started doing it with either a parent or grandparent. It's the end of an era, I tell you. What do they watch together nowadays.......The Jersey Shore??? I don't think so! :blink:
LOL ... funny you mentioned that because I just watched 'The Jersey Shores' with Ashley yesterday. :jerry:

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I know I have a dirty mind but did anyone else snicker when Lucinda offered to fund an endowment in Reid's name and Luc responded with a smirk on his face "An endowment! I don't know if Reid would like it but I sure would!".

I watched with a friend and we kept rewinding and laughing hysterically!!!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Scorpioww
Sep 22 2010, 03:14 PM
So I know I have a dirty mind but did anyone else snicker when Lucinda offered to fund an endowment in Reid's name and Luc responded with a smirk on his face "An endowment! I don't know if Reid would like it but I sure would!".

I watched with a friend and we kept rewinding and laughing hysterically!!!
Hahaha......you guys are terrible! I didn't even notice that. Leave it to you, Scorpio! :lmfao:

Quote:

LOL ... funny you mentioned that because I just watched 'The Jersey Shores' with Ashley yesterday.

Seriously? Now, I can watch me some reality shows but I tried to watch this one and couldn't get through ten minutes of it. It's awful! I hate the way they film it. The same way with The Hills. I lasted maybe five minutes when I tried to watch it. I think I'll stick with more highbrow fare such as The Real World and all of the Housewives! :P

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Btw. Where the hell did the name Lorenzo come from??

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Sep 22 2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:

LOL ... funny you mentioned that because I just watched 'The Jersey Shores' with Ashley yesterday.

Seriously? Now, I can watch me some reality shows but I tried to watch this one and couldn't get through ten minutes of it. It's awful! I hate the way they film it. The same way with The Hills. I lasted maybe five minutes when I tried to watch it. I think I'll stick with more highbrow fare such as The Real World and all of the Housewives! :P
I tried to get hubby through one episode and he hated the filming too. I don't care for the filming but when I was sick and up all night I started to watch it this summer when nothing else was on and I'm now hooked. I found out that Ashley liked it when she 'stopped in' so we watched it together. It's definitely NOT must-see-TV but it does make me laugh.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · As the World Turns · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: