Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~ ATWT Spoilers & Discussion ~; August and September 2010
Topic Started: Aug 12 2010, 05:04 PM (4,467 Views)
Julsybean
[ * ]
This link pretty much tells you how the show is going to end and gives details about the last couple weeks....so only click on it if you want to know everything....

http://www.soapcentral.com/atwt/scoop.php
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Aug 26 2010, 11:18 PM
Upcoming CarJack wedding sneak peek. I'm guessing it was shown during the Paley Center tribute so thats where the background laughing comes from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyvSR_BfaUM
God, Maura West is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I need something uplifting and fun after what is going to happen to Reid.

Mozart--I don't think Grandma thinks you deserve to die either. I agree with Tex. Some people were raised differently, especially the older generation. She probably didn't even realize that she said it and if she DID, she would probably feel bad for hurting your feelings.

Reid quickly became one of my all time favorite soap characters. It's odd that I'm so sad about this storyline when he's going to be gone anyway. I guess I just wanted to see him up to the very end. He's such a great character and Eric Sheffer Stevens plays him brilliantly. He's like Dr. House....on soaps!

mozartkc
Member Avatar
Aloha:)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Cheryl :) Yall are right....that's one thing about my family....we always say what is on our mind before thinking . Sometimes it's funny :)
Maura West... I can't praise her enough. She has come a LONG way. She has blossomed right before our eyes. I'm extremely happy the are giving them their happy ending.
Reids death is sad and not needed IMO.
I wish Holden and Molley would end together as well but oh well...
I can't believe we only have a few weeks left :(

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I missed John Dixon's return didn't I?

mozartkc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey Scorpio... Yeah. John Dixon came back today. He should be on several more episodes though :)

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Scorpioww
Aug 30 2010, 09:00 PM
I missed John Dixons return didn't I?
I think today was his first day. I'm a day behind right now though. But surely he will be on more than one day, right???

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, thanks, Mozart.....you officially answered the question!

mozartkc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Welcome :) it's nice having him back. He hasn't seen Lucinda yet... I think that's tomorrow. Todays episode was very emotional. Have tissues ready :(

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
He was on the tag ending of Friday, too, just real quick.

Really good to see John.

Um. Okay, I'm usually not at all interested in the off-screen lives of real-life couples, but... this one's kinda been on my mind... have there been any rumors (or announcements, and I totally missed the story somehow) about a split between Maura West and Scott DeFreitas?

Because Andy's absence is REALLY baffling, both here at 'the end' and earlier in the year, the big Bob and Kim party. Yeah, I know Scott and Maura have five kids (the youngest only a year old) and he's a full-time Dad, but a long-running cast member MARRIED to a current cast member... and a hypothetical (please, I'm not in any way intending to START a rumor) split between them doesn't EVEN really serve to help explain DeFreitas not putting in at least a one-day appearance... I mean, they got Julianne Moore for a day, and somebody with DeFreitas' personal and professional long-standing with the show - and Andy's familial ties - isn't on at the end?

It just doesn't make any sense.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't watched in years so I don't know about the Scott/Maura question but, here's my thoughts (through the filter of the demise of GL) I am guessing that tptb simply haven't thought about having Andy back on or considered that this would be a worthwhile bone to throw to long time audience members. After all, they certainly have no use for the fans. Julianne Moore has made a pretty big name for herself and I can see why they might feel her presence would be a ratings draw and a tiny coup for the show--some bragging rights. Scott DeFreitas? I think he is superb as Andy and I think that Andy was a great character and yes, it makes sense for him to be there at the end, just as I think he should have been on for years. I just think that tptb don't care that there are audience members who will note and miss his presence and that this is an expense (however small his rate would have been) they can forgo. Strict cost/benefit analysis. It sucks and I think it's wrong on many levels but to me, it's consistent. As far as bringing back John Dixon: I think that was almost mandatory simply because of how forceful Lucinda's character--and John's have always been. Too glaring an omission. IMO, tptb simply think not enough people will miss Andy. And they wonder why soaps are dying._

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Maybe Defreitas has let himself go in recent years and didn't want to be on camera. Just a thought. Has anyone seen a recent pic?

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
As far as I have heard Maura and Scott are still together. She was asked in the Emmy press room if she was disappointed that he wasnt returning for the end and her response was nothing he does disappoints her. I dont know if he was asked back or not but I know there were several people who contacted the show and offered to return and were turned down. I think this is just more of Goutmans final FU to the fans.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> there were several people who contacted the show and offered to return and were turned down.

I'd love to see that list.

Will and Gwen, I get (as they were central figures in recent years - like Danny and Michelle to GL), but I don't think ANYBODY needed a month-long (or five weeks? Six?) Barbara kidnapping plot with Gwen's evil Mommy as the villain, even if it gave W&G more to do than D&M got on GL... SO much wasted time for shitty story... days and days of Babs with a clown doll... grrr...

Can't imagine DeFreitas not being interested... I expect he was disappointed Andy didn't get a good-bye...

Some stupid writing in John's return, the constant dialogue reminders that he was a 'bad guy' (sure, but...), the misunderstanding today because John didn't yet know of Nancy's death, and the stupid secret Chris is keeping... first thing Lucinda says is she didn't know John had a soft spot for Nancy - really? Not even a funny half-joke... no John/Margo moment... or John/Barbara, or John/Lisa...

(Bothers me, too, that Katie has been so prominent for so long without Lyla being back for a visit - Craig, too, for that matter...)

Some fun flashbacks today. Hey, look, it's Lauryn Hill...

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank you Dax. I was trying to place Kyra. Lauren Hill...of course!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax--what you said about Scott DeFreitas/Andy makes a lot of sense. I also wonder why he didn't come back when it seems the obvious and easy choice.

OMG.....having John Dixon back is sooooooo great! I'm all caught up now. Can't believe how easily Larry Bryggman slipped back into that role. Like butta....like a big sticka butta!!! Loved John's delight in Reid. Hahaha.....they are two peas in a pod. How funny was Reid breaking up Chris's golf game by accusing the other doctor of cheating? LOLOL!!! "And don't even get me started on what golf courses are doing to the environment." "You da man!" :lmfao: I am going to miss this character so much. Seriously, ESS is brilliant.

Been enjoying the flashbacks but sad at the same time. We're experiencing the deaths of Nancy, Helen Wagner, AND the show. It's a bit much but I'm glad they addressed it and I'm sure it was tough on the actors. I'm sure this storyline hit a little too close to home for comfort.

So when does the show officially end.....in two weeks?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Eleven shows left.

Thursday and Friday... next week (no show Monday), the week after that. September 17th is the last day.

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
10 shows left including today (Thurs.) No show Monday or next Friday (9/10) due to US Open tennis.

From what I've gathered concensus on the boards is Scott declined the offer to return. It was reported they approached him for the Bob/Kim anniversary and he said no. Its unclear if they tried again when Bryggman agreed to return or not. There was apparently quite of a bit of bad blood between he and the show when he left.

Bryggman only agreed to return after a personal plea from Liz Hubbard.

Martha Byrne offered to return as Rose but the offer was declined. Noelle Beck also reportedly offered to step aside in the final weeks and let Martha reprise Lily and was turned down as well. Rosemary Prinz said openly in interviews she would love to return one last time, clearly that didnt happen either.

Cooper and LeBlanc from Y&R offered to do a cameo like they did with GL and were turned down. Though that could have been a bit confusing since LeBlanc has already been seen on ATWT as both Kirk and Michael.

It really almost seems like they didnt even try to get many people back.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I didn't notice about next Friday being off, too. Wow. So single-digits after today...

>> There was apparently quite of a bit of bad blood between he and the show when he left.

Hm. Didn't know that, other than I know it wasn't DeFreitas' choice to leave. Christmas parties (or did they stop having those awhile ago?) must have been awkward, then.

>> Martha Byrne offered to return as Rose but the offer was declined.

That would have been odd.

>> Noelle Beck also reportedly offered to step aside in the final weeks and let Martha reprise Lily and was turned down as well.

That's cool of her... and the show really should have taken her up on it.

>> Cooper and LeBlanc from Y&R offered to do a cameo like they did with GL and were turned down.

That's fine, the GL cameos were pretty pointless...

frienz
[ * ]
AT&T u-verse failed me today. It didn't record the show, despite the fact that it is set up to record on the DVR. Anyone know when it will post on the CBS website? Tomorrow possibly?

Jeannie
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Today's show is already on CBS....I watched it a few hours ago ;)

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't like today's show, especially the ending. I just don't get why they feel the need to kill off not just one, but two characters here at the very end. It definitely puts a damper on my final show viewing. I can understand the Nancy thing.....closure was definitely needed for her and it gave them a chance to show more awesome flashbacks.

I'm really mad at this show right now. :plzdie:

Tex Longhornfan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Sep 3 2010, 10:06 PM
I didn't like today's show, especially the ending. I just don't get why they feel the need to kill off not just one, but two characters here at the very end. It definitely puts a damper on my final show viewing. I can understand the Nancy thing.....closure was definitely needed for her and it gave them a chance to show more awesome flashbacks.

I'm really mad at this show right now. :plzdie:
I haven't watched today's show yet, but I am sure I will be mad, too. I have cried, watching the last few days and dreading today. I have become a big weenie in my old age. :cry:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here's a great interview I found with MY man, ESS. I'm going to miss him so much! :(

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/as-the-world-turns/the-eric-sheffer-stevens-interview-as-the-world-turns/2010/07/29/

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have been trying to stay spoiler free but did catch some stuff about Reid and his heart. I was still hoping it was just gossip and Noah could bite the dust instead... I will miss Reid. What a great character in a schmaltzy sea of bad characters the past several years.

mozartkc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah... What a bittersweet episode Friday was :( Have LuRe even had sex yet? I hate hate hate what the writers have done to Reid. Yes, it made for some tissue needing scenes but GOD. Nancy's death was enough. Luke and Reid should have had a happy ending. I really could care less for Chris and I was ready to shoot Katie myself. Her crying and whining was too over the top and annoying as Hell.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nope. Poor Luke and Reid haven't even consummated their relationship yet. Bummer. I think this sort of story still scares the writers and producers half to death. I don't think they would have gone as far as they did if the show wasn't already canceled.
Quote:

I will miss Reid. What a great character in a schmaltzy sea of bad characters the past several years.

Amy--that is my feeling exactly. I can't believe how quickly I have grown to love this character in just a short 8 or 9 months. But it's just a really great meld of character and actor and I probably would have quit watching months ago if not for him.
Quote:

I really could care less for Chris and I was ready to shoot Katie myself. Her crying and whining was too over the top and annoying as Hell.

Oh God....I know. It was pathetic. This whole stupid storyline is pathetic. Ugh. :club:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It was tough to watch the show today. I cried like a baby. :(

Seriously though, what a completely ridiculous way to kill off a character. First to have him stall his brand new car in the middle of a railroad track. Then, to have a train barreling down the tracks at that very moment. And then even his seatbelt gets stuck. GMAFB. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

And now this stupid storyline has made me hate Chris! :rant:

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree Cheryl. It was a "give me a break" moment. Why not just have him hit by a drunk driver or lose control of his car because He was speeding or texting Luc.

Julsybean
[ * ]
And I wouldn't exactly call the train barreling down the tracks....it seemed more like a slow steady ride that would have given him enough time to chew the seat belt off if he had to :-)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Script writing has been very poor. Just terrible, awful material.

I was surprised to see James Rebhorn - hadn't read he was going to be on. Reid's uncle is also Holden's former father-in-law. Huh.

Enjoyed watching John and Lucinda together today.

Six more shows...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · As the World Turns · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: