Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Maura West--signs new job
Topic Started: Aug 5 2010, 12:07 PM (1,565 Views)
bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My understanding is that the casting of Teri Columbino was a rumor. Y&R was more interested in signing West, first.

Not sure what I think of West as Diane. She's so "Carly" to me. And to have her connected to another Jack. It will probably be one of those things where I tell myself it's Carly pretending to be Diane. Like when I was DAYS and thinking that Daniel's (Shawn Christian) name was really Mike.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Aug 8 2010, 06:46 PM
My only issue is the age thing. Maura will be playing with actors a lot older than her. To accept it, we'll have to not think about anything in the 80s (which I didn't see or else it would be a lot harder.)
That's pretty much how Y&R goes these days. It doesn't have to make sense, just as long as they have some kind of storyline in place. We're supposed to believe Lauren and Jill now share the same father. Neil Fenmore must have been active at an early age!

I think MW is great. But I'm not convinced this recast is any smarter than replacing Vail Bloom with Eden Riegel. Just feels like more stunt casting. Congrats to MW for getting a job in this shrinking daytime landscape, though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · As the World Turns · Next Topic »
Add Reply