Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Real Housewives on Bravo; and Flipping Out with my man, Jeff Lewis!
Topic Started: Jul 1 2010, 10:23 PM (6,338 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just watched the finale of Bethenny Ever After. I just really like her. I'm such a sap, I think I cry every single eppy and this one was no exception. So I gather they took the offer for Skinnygirl Cocktails and she sold the business? I bought a bottle of her Skinnygirl Margarita mix about a month ago and I really, REALLY like it. Since I'm constantly on a diet, it's perfect for me and soooo freakin easy. Just pour over ice and go. Although I actually add a pack of Splenda and some water and fresh lime to mine because it's a little strong and I'm such a lightweight. It's all natural ingredients, you gotta love that.

All my shows are ending!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
May 14 2011, 12:02 AM
Yep she sold SkinnyGirl to Jim Beam. They talked briefly about it on WWH the rumored amount was $150 million she wouldnt confirm or deny. I wondered if it was any good but hadnt ever heard of anyone who tried it. I might have to try it out.
Well, now that I know that, I probably won't be so loyal and buy Skinnygirl. I just went back to Total Wine the other day to get my second bottle and they were sold out! But now they have two other brands of basically the same thing, one by Jose Cuervo and I forgot the other one. The other brand (Chi-Chi something) was cheaper and also sweetened with blue agave nectar so I chose that one. I'll let ya'll know if it's as good as Skinnygirl! OMGosh, watching the show makes me always want to drink one of them. I'm happy for Bethenny and Jason that they are now financially set for life. Maybe she can slow down and enjoy her life for a change.

Can you imagine, $150 mil??? :wow:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just saw this. Wow. Go Bethenny!!!

http://www.forbes.com/2011/05/17/celebrity-100-11-bethenny-frankel-skinnygirl-bravo-money-makers.html

Don't watch OC or Mob Wives at all so can't comment. :(

Have to get rid of hubby so I can watch my recording of NJ, dammit!!!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I finally got to see the first NJ eppy. What a train wreck! Wow, talk about a dysfunctional family. It's kinda sad to see Teresa and her brother with so much animosity. The brother and his wife obvious hate her scuzzy hubby, Joe. Gee, I wonder why? Everyone on there seems to be named Joe or Joey. LOVE Albie :wub1: and Christopher moving out and getting their own apartment. I hope we'll see more of them this season. Caroline looks amazing.

Teresa just gets trashier with age. :trash:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So do ya'll think Ramona is an alkie or are they just editing it that way this season? I know she's always liked her Pinot Grigio but she seems wayyy out of hand with it now. Or maybe she was like that the entire time and I just didn't notice??? I surely do love it when she gets the "crazy eyes"! :P

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Have ya'll noticed that Kelly seems almost tame and "normal" on this season? Good Lord, what on earth is this world coming to??? :wtf:

I loathe Cindy. She is such a whiner and a drag. She just doesn't "fit" in with this group. The Jill and Ramona fight at the end of this week's eppy was kinda sad. Neither of them listens to the other. I think the Bethenny thing still really bothers Jill. Wish we knew the REAL story.

At least Alex seems to be simmering down some. Less is more, Alex. Keep on doing what you're doing, girl!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
My goodness, you people have been busy in here lately! Sorry I have been AWOL but I gave notice at my new job three weeks ago, yesterday was my last day, and to say it's been anything less than stressful would be putting it mildly! Trying to train a new person AND dealing with the guilt trips being laid on me is not easy! The only good thing is that I haven't had a minute to worry or get nervous about starting a new job, which is good. But enough about me! :fryingpan:

I think my hubby would have a serious heart attack if I added one more Housewives show to the mix. Dang it! The OC one finally sounds interesting to me especially with all of the todo about the hubbies.

Are ya'll watching NJ? I still adore Caroline and her hubby and kids, especially those cutie-pie boys. :wub1: I would dearly love to :bitchslap: that little twit Ashley, Jacqueline's daughter. A more spoiled child I do not think I have ever seen. Jacquelin looks fabulous this year, BTW. That Kathy chick, the cousin(?) with the funny hubby with the funny glasses is growing on me a bit. She seems almost normal. Teresa's brother is a horny little horndog who thinks the world revolves around him. Ugh. Although his wife isn't much better, those two deserve each other. I did think the mechanical bull thing at Thanksgiving was kinda fun and wild. Teresa seems to be a shell of her former self. I still can't stand her hubby Joe Schmoe. Blech.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
NYC--Alex has taken over the Kelly Crazy Train role. I definitely agree that Bethenny is sorely missed. What? She has haters? Seriously, I didn't know that. LOL. What, are they nuts?

NJ--Hubby walked in while I was watching the other day and made only one comment. It was about Teresa. He goes, "That one seems trashy." LOLOL!!!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Buh-bye, Cindy. Don't let the door hit ya in the ass! :plzdie:

Haven't seen the latest WWH yet, thrilled to hear that Dina is on it and actually has her own show? SHUT UP!!!! The last one I saw was with Ramona who had just finished taping the reunion show and seemed emotionally drained.

OMG, Bilki--did you see that one? It was the one where Andy got the "Ba-Ba-Booey" phony phone call and was so thrilled since he is a Stern fan. I think he and Howard are actually friends. So freaking cool!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMGoodness, I'm so far behind! Had a family reunion to go to this past weekend and the preparations as well as being gone for 4 days took its toll on my t.v. viewing!

I think whoever wrote that article about Bethenny is an asshole and is purposefully trying to make her look like a beyotch. These days I don't believe anything unless I hear it straight from the horse's mouth. Don't be messin' with my Bethenny, Jason, and Brynn now! :violent:

The latest WWH I saw was last night and was the one with Melissa and Joe Gorga from NJ and I must say that those two are growing on me. Even my hubby was cracking up at Joe doing every dare the audience gave him. Drinking his alcoholic drink (looked like vodka/cranberry with lime) from a baby bottle was freakin' hysterical! He reminded us of Goat Boy on SNL. :lmfao:

Can't wait to catch up the rest of the way and see the NY reunion show!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Jul 26 2011, 11:36 PM
She's ALIVE!
Hey now.......who rattled YOUR chain? ;)

OMG! Jbrr....you MUST find a computer and check out that promo! I'm ready for the season to start NOW!!! Holy cow, Taylor looks like she's losing it this season. And who was that new chick (Brandy?) that Kim was fighting with there at the end? Is that Cibrian's ex? If so, oh my! Good stuff is coming our way.

I agree that sometimes Caroline can be a little preachy and do-goodyish but I love her anyway and she IS the voice of reason on that show. She always says what I am thinking. And I love her relationship with her hubby and her kids. And for God's sake, her sons are freaking HOT! Did I mention that? Especially Albie. Yummy.

Joe Guidice is too gross for words. He's a pig. When I was standing in line at the grocery store the other day I saw a tabloid headline that said Teresa was preggers. There's no truth to that, is there? I didn't believe it but you never know. Please don't be mad at me for saying this but those two don't make the prettiest of children. I only speak the tooth!!! :scared:

That old hag Kim G cracks me up. She's a troublemaker for sure! :violent:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Jul 30 2011, 10:59 AM
Has anyone seen that silly Andy Cohen doing his PSAs about celebrating each others differences? Isn't that a laugh considering the whole housewives franchise revolves around conflict.
LOL, no I haven't seen it but I think you have a crush on "silly" Andy Cohen. You sure do diss him a lot! :slap:

Okay, so I watched the NY reunion today. Good Lord, way too much fighting and yelling, I agree with you guys. Every one of them was annoying except maybe Luann. But especially Cindy and Kelly. Kelly as the voice of reason? I don't think so! I think she just got a little smarter this year and saved her "crazy" self for off camera! Does Sonya remind anyone else of a younger, blonde Barbra Streisand? I really like her.

Also watched the last NY eppy with the two parties--Melissa and Teresa's. I don't think Melissa is as bad as Teresa makes her out to be. Caroline throwing Kim G out of Melissa's party was funny. I love, love, LOVE Chris, Jacquline's hubby and Caroline's brother. He never causes a lot of drama but always has such wise words. I don't blame him for not liking Ashley very much in spite of loving her because he raised her from the age of 5. She is absolutely unlikable and spoiled rotten. And those are the good things I can say about her!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Jul 31 2011, 12:08 AM
Oh you! I diss on that silly Andy Cohen because 90% of the time I think he's totally lame. Lame jokes, acting like the crappy prizes he gives away are cool is lame, and his interviewing style is often lame. I don't dislike him as much as I dislike Julie Chen but he runs a close second. All that said, I still enjoy Watch What Happens.

I didn't mind all the bickering on part 1 of NY's reunion. I'd even say I enjoyed it, for the most part. Perhaps because they kept talking over that silly Andy. :bunny:

Here's my thing about Ashley. Yes, I think she's a spoiled brat. But I don't think she got there all on her own. Maybe Jacqueline tried to buy her love, or maybe Jacqueline felt bad about separating from her father and overcompensated with material things. Maybe Chris had the money to buy her nice things and Ashley just started taking it for granted, I don't know. It just seems like Jacqueline and Chris had some part to play in Ashley being the rotten brat that she is.
Well, MY Andy must be doing SOMETHING right if you enjoy his show. So there! :bunny:

As for spoiled rotten Ashley, I totally agree with you. I think it's due to Jacqueline trying to make up for the fact that her dad isn't there but is in Texas with a "new" family. But still. The girl has it made, go call the freaking wahhh-mbulance. Wahhhh! My parents split up! Wahhhh! I'm stucking living with my rich mom and stepdad who treat me like gold and give in to my every whim. Wahhh! Ugh. She annoys the crap out of me. So disrespectful to her mother. Although again, Jacqueline allows/allowed that behavior so I guess it's not totally Bratty Ashley's fault.

On another note, Chris is really HOT, too. Something about those Manzo men. :wub1: (Except for Albert, Sr.!) Although I guess he's technically not a Manzo. Okay, the ones related to Caroline!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Aug 2 2011, 01:35 PM
Only watched a few minutes of NY part 2 reunion so far and it seems like lots more yelling....
Oh God. I just turned it on and watched about 15 minutes and had to turn it off. I think my ears are bleeding. Thank goodness my hubby wasn't home, he would die with all the yelling and fighting. He says he had enough of that in his childhood and doesn't get why I like all these reality shows with people bickering and fighting. And I must agree that sometimes he is right!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG, my hubby was sitting there while I watched the last part of the NY Reunion show and he says he HATES Alex. Personally, I still hate Kelly. She's such an instigator. I think Alex is annoying and wish she would go to being the sweeter, cooler chick she was the first season. Sometimes less really IS more.

Sorry bud......I don't watch that Flipping Out show. Although I'm sure I would love it, my hubby would probably die.

Bev Hills is coming up. Woo-hoo! :cheers1:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
On one of my girlfriends' recommendation, I just started watching Roseanne's Nuts on Lifetime (I think) and OMG, is that show ever hysterically funny. It's all about her life in Hawaii with her boyfriend, son, and zen-like cutie-pie buddy who camps out on their property. It's only a half hour show so if you get a chance, check it out. I put it on last night without telling hubby (I though he would bitch about yet another new reality show) and he was laughing his ass off. Love it!

Agree about all the family, family, family talk on NY. Enough already! OMG, I so wanted to slap Ashley when Lauren gave her the chance to do her tee shirts for promotion and she basically just blew her off and didn't even try. That girl is soooo unlikable and spoiled. She'll never get anywhere in life with that attitude. And she can't coast on her looks because I don't even think she's all that cute. Maybe it's her personality that makes her ugly. Boy, can you ever see the difference in how the two of them (Lauren and Ashley) were raised. Both had money but one realizes she needs to work now that she's an adult and be responsible and the other is just a schlub that wants to party all the time and thinks Mommy and Daddy should support her in her bad habit.

Ugh. :taz:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Holy shit! Did ya'll hear about this? I didn't like Taylor's hubby but never dreamed he would do something like this. Wow!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20518584,00.html

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The last I heard it was definitely being postponed and Russell's family was threatening to sue Bravo. That dude was selfish to the bitter end. I never did like him. Apparently in Taylor's divorce she stated physical and verbal abuse as part of the reason why. I'm not surprised, we all saw the verbal abuse last year. This has been really awful for Bravo. Bums me out. :(

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Aug 21 2011, 11:22 PM
Why couldn't he have waited until after the season reunion???
My sentiments exactly! We're so bad! :firemad:

On a lighter note, since my hubby is at a Workers' Comp seminar for a few days, I decided to download a few eppies of Flipping Out and I really like it. I'm 2 or 3 in. He just fired that dumb bunny Sarah. Well-deserved firing, I might add. LOVE Jeff, Jennie, and Zoila. Thought it was so sweet of him to give Zoila the maid a face lift for her birthday. She cracks me up! I also thought the storyline with the one client that hated Jennie was hysterical. Especially how Jeff got so much pleasure out of it. Tee!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the awesome update, my man! Wow.....weird about Russell's associate and friend killing himself as well. I'll bet that Tiger 21 group was up to no good and about to get caught. I wonder if the ratings will be higher because of all of the media attention given to this tragedy. They were playing the 911 call for Russell on the early Today show the other day. Good Lord!

In other news, I LOVE Jeff Lewis! Just watched the eppy with his doggie having the operation for the burst disk. OMGosh........I was verklempt! He's really such a softie. I love all of his animals. That show has good people in it. Except for that beyotch who hates Jenni. Jett the house assistant is kinda nice on the eyes as well although they don't show him that much.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, I should have listened to you ages ago when you said it was a good show. Jeff is so funny, even my hubby hasn't been complaining. He's watched a couple with me and laughs right along with me. Gage is okay. I don't love him but don't hate him either. I didn't realize until yesterday that they were lovers when that animal psychic lady said the dog likes to stand outside their door while they're doing it. OMG! I LOVE Jeff's sense of humor. He cracks me up how he keeps razzing Zoila about how great Lupe, the temporary maid was. So freakin' funny!

So I have a question. What exactly is "flipping houses"? He's an awesome designer. I would LOVE to work for him!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Sep 2 2011, 12:25 PM
Before the housing market tanked he would buy fixer uppers fix them up then resell (flip) for big profit. I give him big credit for adapting to the economy and moving seamlessly into design. He is a great designer but it was a little more fun when he was flipping because there was usually no client to please he just did what he wanted with the houses. Though with the clients paying now his designs have gotten a little more upscale which is nice.
I should have figured that out. Thanks for the explanation! Do they ever run marathons of Flipping Out? I would love to see the earlier seasons that I missed. Seriously, I am SO hooked. I *heart* Jeff Lewis!

Bilki--I think you're rubbing off on me. Gage was really annoying me in tonight's show and I don't even know why. Jeff's so smart, witty, and handsome. I think he can do better. Loved meeting Jeff's dad. He's so smart! The two of them make me want to go start my own business. Doing what, I don't know! Didn't like the preview him with talking about letting Jenni go. He wouldn't really do that, would he? She's been so loyal. I hope it was just crazy editing trying to get you to watch the finale.

Bev Hills this Monday. Finally!!!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Sep 3 2011, 11:37 PM
I've just come across enough of Gage's type to know he's nothing but trouble. Nasty, back-biting, opportunistic queens! I didn't care much for Jeff's ex, Ryan, either. He came off as an opportunistic queen as well but he wasn't as condescending in tone as I think that Gage is. Jeff firing Jenny may have just been a tease. But the thing about Jenny is that she had some aspirations to have an entertainment career, as most people in LA. A few seasons back it seemed like she cut way back in her time as Jeff's assistant and I think there was some mention of her leaving at the time. Then she she started showing more last season. If he does fire her, the show won't be the same without her. I'm still a little surprised he fired both Sarah and Trace.

Yes, they do run Flipping Out marathons occasionally during the day on Bravo.
Trace deserved to be fired! He was a little odd. Cute but strange. How long was he on the show? Sarah seemed a bit ditsy. She took her firing well. Doesn't Jenny sing the theme song on WWH Live? I love her. Hope she's not going anywhere. It would almost be like Zoila leaving! Not good.

If you ever hear of a marathon running, please let me know. I checked my drv and didn't see anything in the next couple of weeks except reruns of this season. Was Ryan at least hot? Gage is so NOT sexy to me.

Hey, this has morphed into a Flipping Out thread. Cool. I love an all encompassing Buzz Board thread! :cheers1:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I can see Jeff being a dad. Look how great he is with his doggies! Glad to hear Jenny is staying.....and not surprised.

I thought Bev Hills started out rather calm. And they you see the previews at the end for the entire season and yowza! Not so calm anymore! Paul is so freaking annoying. I really hope Adrienne dumps him eventually. Ugh, he's so full of himself and such an ugly little troll. :club:

I don't recall Kim and Kyle making up at the reunion. I was of the mind they were still kinda upset with each other. Kyle is still my favorite. This new housewife who we saw in the previews looks like a total beyotch! Can't wait to meet her!!!

How funny was it when Ken let Jiggy drink out of Adrienne's fancy champagne glass and then took a big ol' swig himself? OMG! That was great! :P

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've known people whose OCD or anal tendencies actually improved after having kids. They tend to loosen you up a bit. Hopefully that's what would happen with Jeff.

So I have a question--does Jeff wear a toupee'? Leave it to my hubby to notice, I never did. And now I can't quit looking at his perfect coif!

About Russell beating Taylor--I'm not surprised. He gave me the heebie-jeebies last season. I think he was not a good person and that's putting it lightly. :unsure:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have never watched Rachel Zoe or The Millionaire Matchmaker in my life. I did see a couple of Flipping Out eppies that I hadn't seen yet are coming up this week so I set my dvr to record. I miss it already!

So I wonder if Bravo will cut out anything having to do with Russell's beating up Taylor? I hope not. They shouldn't hide the truth and if that's what happened, so be it. What a scumbag. I've never heard the gay rumors. Wouldn't be surprised either. He just seemed SO disinterested in his wife. Kyle and that hunkarama hubby of hers seem to have a good relationship. I would be crushed if they broke up.

So you guys never watched the Roseanne's Nuts show? OMG, it is brilliantly funny! The finale is coming up and I'm sooooo going to miss it. Her relationship with her boyfriend, kids, and grandkids is hysterical. Very sarcastic but you can see there's a LOT of love there. Ya'll don't know what you're missing! I know...... :blah:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
First off, yes I saw the Flipping Out reunion and about "flipped out" when they mentioned Jeff's toupee!!!

Secondly, I did NOT know of all the firing on the NY show so what a shock about Jill and even Alex who have both been there since the beginning. Good Lord, it will be like a brand new show with only Ramona and the Countess remaining. Don't have time to read the article because I'm at my hated job but will try to get to it later. I miss you guys.....will try to post more often once I get a new job and am less depressed!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I was actually off today for the Jewish holiday (although no one in our firm is Jewish but I'll take it!), hence I'm posting a little bit more. Normally I'm so mentally and physically whooped by the end of each day that I barely get on the computer at night. It REALLY sucks.

Bilki--Howard said the EXACT same thing as you about Camille. He says the show isn't as fun with Camille acting all normal. I didn't even notice that Kim wasn't at the fundraiser. Hmmmm....... She was probably drunk as a skunk. She was definitely drunk or high on something when she went to that game with Adrienne and Paul. Paul is actually growing on me a bit. I think I'm gonna like that Brandy chick. She seems really fun and bitchy!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Sep 29 2011, 11:37 PM
The weird thing about Kim was that she still seemed f-ed up on the plane. So she had the time of getting ready and driving there and she didn't sober up at all? Maybe she was drinking in the car. Or blowing something up her nose. Doesn't matter to me, though, as I like Kim as a hot mess. Seems fitting.

I read the show brought Brandy in to cause trouble. With Camille being all boring now, I now understand why they thought they might need another troublemaker.
Agree about Kim being a hot mess. She's fun to watch, definitely. The only time she seemed normal was when Taylor lost her shit in the one eppy. I'm starting to think Kyle is the only "normal" one out of the entire group. Damn, her hubby is hot!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jason and Bethenny will NOT split up!!! Yes, she's difficult but I really see the love between the two of them especially now with that beautiful baby in the family. If they split, I will take it personally so it just can't happen!

OMG, the NJ reunion is gonna be good, can't wait. Teresa really burnt her bridges with everyone this season. I mean if Caroline and Jacqueline can't forgive her she might as well give it up. I'm not surprised to hear about her setting up Melissa for embarrassment. It's so painfully and pitifully obvious that she's jealous of her. How sad.

I'm in total agreement about Dana and her stupid $25k sunglasses. How about that game night party? What a dud that was, good Lord!

I think Camille is just happy to not be the villain of the season. I still like her snarky comments to the camera. Kim is one hot mess.

Thanks for all the scoop, jbrr!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: