Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Real Housewives on Bravo; and Flipping Out with my man, Jeff Lewis!
Topic Started: Jul 1 2010, 10:23 PM (6,337 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, it's time I got off my lazy butt and made us a Real Housewives thread!!! I don't think we need one for each version because first off, there's too damn many and second, it's too much work.

Bilki! I finally had a chance to see What Happens Live with Caroline and Albie today. OMG, Caroline looked great. Do you think she lost weight? She looked much younger and thinner to me. And that Albie, holy moly, what a little hottie! He has the most gorgeous smile.

So I watch every version of the Real Housewives except for the original, Orange County. I actually tried several times to watch it but found the ladies unlikable so I quit. Love me some NYC, NY, and Atlanta though! Such a fun show.

Does anyone else watch? Oh yea.....I'm sorta almost hooked on Betheny's new show. Good lord, these reality shows are addicting. My poor hubby! :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mozartkc
Member Avatar
Aloha:)
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey Cheryl! I watch the OC, Atlanta, NJ, and NY wives. I don't know why! They are all like watching a train wreck :) . I hate to say it but the Jersey one is my favorite. That Danielle is one crazy Bitch! I think they should put Danielle from Jersey, Ramona from NY, NeNe from Atlanta, and Lynne from the OC all in one room and just see what happens ;)

jbrr1212
[ *  *  *  * ]
I watch them all including OC but its my least favorite, I liked it in the beginning but all the changes have not been good. I think theres only 1 original left.

I like Atlanta but Kim drives me crazy so I tend to channel surf away when she comes on.

NY is my favorite with NJ a close second. I cant help but watch the trainwreck that is Kelly on NY. I think shes nuts but she makes for great TV. All the NY ladies are interesting in their own ways. LuAnn bugs me a bit but shes tolerable. Betheny (I like her new show too) and Alex are my favorites. Ramona has grown on me and Sonja is pretty likable so far.

Kinda sorry to see Dina leave NJ, I liked her. I havent decided if Danielle is nuts or just trying to get her 15 mins. of fame. Her drama could become annoying pretty quick but its fun for now. Caroline does look great. I think I heard somewhere she did lose quite a few pounds. Teresa is hilarious.

Cant wait for DC to start. Dying to see the DC party crasher lol.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
jbrr1212
Jul 1 2010, 11:25 PM
NY is my favorite with NJ a close second. I cant help but watch the trainwreck that is Kelly on NY. I think shes nuts but she makes for great TV.
Oh yeah.....Kelly is certifiable. I can't stand her and her big ol' long tarantula legs. I have to admit that she's a great villain though. Ramona totally grew on me this season....she's a hoot! And Sonja is a great addition to the show.

Quote:

Kinda sorry to see Dina leave NJ, I liked her. I havent decided if Danielle is nuts or just trying to get her 15 mins. of fame. Her drama could become annoying pretty quick but its fun for now.

I was bummed that Dina left, too......I love her and Grandma Wrinkles the cat! And um.....I will settle the Danielle matter for you. She is definitely NUTS!!! OMG, all of the drama with her and her convict bodyguards. Poor, pitiful Danielle afraid of the Manzos. GMAFB!

Quote:

Cant wait for DC to start. Dying to see the DC party crasher lol.

What??? There's a new one coming down the pike? Oh, my poor, poor hubby.....he will be so thrilled. NOT!!! :lmfao:

mozartkc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yep! Danielle is a total nut job ! Years ago she was a ho and mixed into a coke ring . Where the Hell do they find thee ppl?!
I had heard that the DC and Beverly Hills wives were coming . More train wrecks!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! OK, now we'll talk about it here.

IS BITCH BETTER? Love it! Teresa just became my favorite NJ housewife. Very much looking forward to the new episode. Can't wait to see Teresa go after Danielle. I hate that we have to wait until the 12th to see it! I think Danielle really is that crazy. Dina quit the show to get away from her!

Also looking forward to Bethenny's wedding next week. As much as I love Bethenny, I feel like Jason is a little in over his head with her. He doesn't seem the type of guy who lives for exposure to the public eye in the way that Bethenny does. Can't wait to see Ramona at the wedding. I love me some Ramona! I read that Jill was upset that she didn't get invited to the wedding.

Cheryl, the DC housewives starts in early August. Promos say it's on Thursdays at 9, so it will be followed by Bethenny's show. Looks like it could be fun.

I thought I saw something that said Atlanta housewives will start in early September but can't find it now. Their wiki page says Lisa's part in the show will be limited for season 3 and two new housewives will be add.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Jul 2 2010, 10:50 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! OK, now we'll talk about it here.
LOL.......knew this would make you happy. Me, too. :wub:

Quote:

"IS BITCH BETTER? "

BEST comeback line EVER!!! Teresa's great. I didn't know we had to wait until the 12th for the next eppy. Bummer.

It was cool meeting Caroline's two older sisters. I had no idea she came from such a big family.
Quote:

Also looking forward to Bethenny's wedding next week. As much as I love Bethenny, I feel like Jason is a little in over his head with her. He doesn't seem the type of guy who lives for exposure to the public eye in the way that Bethenny does. Can't wait to see Ramona at the wedding. I love me some Ramona! I read that Jill was upset that she didn't get invited to the wedding.

True about Jason. He probably had NO idea what he was getting into when he started dating Bethenny. He must really love her though. I'm getting ready to watch this week's eppy. I guess Jill wasn't invited to the wedding since she supposedly told everyone else not to film with Bethenny on her new show. I think it's sad what has happened to their friendship. I was hoping they would be able to salvage it but it sure doesn't look like that is going to happen.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Look who got a new nose! A picture of a new housewife is included if you scroll down.
realitytea.com

This week's episode made me see Bethenny in a new light. Like her own worst enemy. I believe Jason when he says he doesn't know how he can help with the wedding when Bethenny has to have everything her own particular way (though as a recovering perfectionist, I can empathize with Bethenny). When he asks her if the wedding is for them or the show.....this isn't the first time I've heard something like this. I read an interview in which Jill's sister claims the wedding was done for the show.

I wonder if the July 12th episode of NJ will be the highlight of their season. Much like the episode when Kelly flips her shit out in St Barts on the NY show.

mozartkc
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sweet Baby Jesus! Wtf happened to her face?! :) thanks for the link bilki! Kandi is the only housewife out of that bunch that I believe is actually classy.
Now, Teresa, LOVED it! That made me laugh so hard! I am sure I have been getting on my coworkers nerves cause I just can't stop repeating "is bitch better" ;)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have to say I don't watch the Housewives shows... Yes I know how surprising. Just don't have the time

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Jul 2 2010, 03:09 PM
Look who got a new nose! A picture of a new housewife is included if you scroll down.
realitytea.com
OMG! That doesn't even look like Nene! Hahaha......had to laugh at this:

Also in attendance were Kandi Burruss, Kim Zolciakā€™s wig, and new housewife Cynthia Bailey.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I only see Housewives on promos when I watch something on Bravo. I followed the link and I have to say, I am glad that I am not the only person who thinks that NeNe looks like a man. Before and after.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
See Cheryl ... I told you we would have closet viewers! ;) I really need to try out ONE of the shows. So which one is the best?

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Jersey, and make sure you watch it on the 12th.

I started with the OC, and when it started the girls were friends before the show and you could tell. Then they started being replaced with new girls just to add drama I think. Not my fav anymore since Jeanna quit. I still like Vicki though. Saw Atlanta once, didn't care for it. I've tried so hard to get into NY, but I just end up wanting to smack the blond airhead. I can't stand her and Bethanny gets on my last nerve also. Needless to say, I have no plans to watch her new show. I do like the Countess, but sheesh, could she find some better men? That one blond guy was just creepy. <<shivers>> Actually, none of those men are good looking. Jersey is my fav now though I'm sad Dina left. I like Caroline and that Albie is one hot cupcake. Jacqueline seems like a nice woman, Teresa is a hoot, anxious to see what happens next season with her and Joe's debt. Danielle is one hot mess and I hope she's not that much a freak show in real life, and is only doing this for the show, but I suspect I may be wrong. How those girls grew up to be as normal as they seem is beyond me. I just have to roll my eyes at her bodyguards.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 3 2010, 06:03 PM
See Cheryl ... I told you we would have closet viewers! ;) I really need to try out ONE of the shows. So which one is the best?
New Jersey is in the middle of its second season and airs on Monday nights at 10pm. It's the only one on right now.

"Bethenny Getting Married?" is a spin off of the New York housewives show. It has a different dynamic, as it's centered around Bethenny and her "shot gun wedding" to Jason.

DC Houswives starts in early August. It will be its first season, so you won't feel like you're missing out on anything.

BRAVO usually airs most of the previous episodes that lead up to the broadcast of the new episode, so you can get an idea of what's going on.....if you have the time. The next episode of NJ, broadcast on July 12, should be a doozy!

lexilou, I think it's funny that you can't stand Ramona and Bethenny but like the Countess (we call her something else on another board I frequent). I've always wondered if there was anyone who liked the Countess, though I found myself almost liking her by the end of this past season.

While BRAVO is like background music for me, I just got into the Housewives shows last year. I had tried OC and hated it. Watched a little bit of NY's first season but didn't care enough to follow season 2. After all the chatter about Atlanta's Nene, I decided to check out its season 2 (which aired last fall). I happened upon the episode in which Sheree had a big fight with her party planner and was hooked. Hilarious! Now they're like crack for me, though I'm still not a fan of the OC show.
Edited by bilki, Jul 3 2010, 10:29 PM.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 3 2010, 06:03 PM
And you were right as usual! You would probably like NY (which just ended) or NJ. They are having a marathon on Monday, 7/5, starting at 3:00 p.m. of all of the NJ shows if you want to check it out. Or this is really the type of show that you could start watching at any point, IMO. The reason I like NJ the best is that some of the gals are related either by blood or marriage so it makes sense that they would hang out and be tight. I actually tend to like whichever one is airing the best....lol. I love Atlanta because I'm a Southerner I love NYC because it's so glamorous and I love to see all of the hot spots I only hear about but never see like the fancy restaurants and the Hamptons. The NJ gals have awesome tempers which make for some great drama. The "villain" on that show is soooooo annoying, though--Danielle. She's just gross. They are fun shows.....once you start watching, it's easy to get hooked.

Speaking of the Countess, I think she is soooo beautiful and classy. But sometimes her snobbiness is a bit much, especially since she is only a Countess by marriage. I think she needs to get over herself a little bit.

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 3 2010, 10:37 PM
Speaking of the Countess, I think she is soooo beautiful and classy. But sometimes her snobbiness is a bit much, especially since she is only a Countess by marriage. I think she needs to get over herself a little bit.
The Countess is one of those "characters" that I love to hate, though. Simon claims she's much more likable when she's not being "The Countess" but I don't know if I'd want to see too much of that side of her. I love her fights with Bethenny. Well, more like Bethenny's fights with the Countess, as Bethenny is usually the more agressive one in those situations. NJ's Danielle, on the other hand, just seems rotten to the core. I can't wait to see what happens with Danielle and Teresa!

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Countess just seems so much more classy than the rest of them, this assessment is based on my limited watching though.

The OC really was much better in the beginning. I do like that most of the Jersey girls are related or knew each other. It's so much more interesting to have that dynamic. Not sure how Danielle fits into it all. Kim G seems to be playing both sides and is a bit of a troublemaker. Jacqueline is not obsessed with Danielle, perhaps the other way around. It'd be cool to see Caroline take her down a few pegs, but I don't think she will since her son is best friends with Kim's son.
Edited by lexilou, Jul 4 2010, 08:14 AM.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
NY sounds like the one I would like and NJ. I'll try and catch them on Monday. Thanks Cheryl for the info! ;)

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it's odd that Bethenny didn't invite her mother to her wedding. Plenty of people have crazy parents. Isn't that part of the fun? Perhaps she would have had a good time with the guy who jumped in the pool.

WOW! The room looked awesome!

Simon was drunk before they cut the cake!

I was happy for Shawn when Bethenny loved the cake. I can only imagine the hell she put him through in the 4 weeks they had to put that wedding together.

Call me a cynic, but I get a chuckle when couples go on about being together for the rest of their lives. This country can't even claim a 50% success rate when it comes to marriage. I'd guess the success rate is even lower for couples who live their lives in the public eye.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't watched yet. However, I don't think it's odd she didn't invite her mom since her mom sounds a little whacked. We actually didn't invite my mother-in-law or my brother-in-law to our wedding because she was so whacked at the time (still is but that's another story). To this day they think we got married at the courthouse. I have to be care not to post any photos on FB or put them out at the house too because hubby gets all paranoid they may see it. And that was 15 years ago!!!

Betheny sounds like she came from an extremely dysfunctional family. I'm happy for her that Jason's parents have embraced her so much.....she needs that.

Glad to hear the cake went well......that poor wedding planner, he's a hoot......love his facial expressions when he's dealing with B!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hear what you're saying about not wanting crazy relatives to ruin your special day, Cheryl. But Bethenny had that little break down when the woman presiding over their wedding asked which of her immediate family members would be attending (in the previous episode). Maybe it was the hormones from being pregnant.

3 more days until NJ Housewives! WOO-HOO!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
bilki
Jul 9 2010, 03:00 PM
I hear what you're saying about not wanting crazy relatives to ruin your special day, Cheryl. But Bethenny had that little break down when the woman presiding over their wedding asked which of her immediate family members would be attending (in the previous episode). Maybe it was the hormones from being pregnant.

3 more days until NJ Housewives! WOO-HOO!
Still haven't watched.....haha! But about her having her little breakdown, I thought it was totally understandable and yeah, the hormones were definitely kicking in. I felt so sorry for her that day, she seems so totally alone sometimes. Makes me appreciate my family!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I FINALLY watched Bethenny and Jason's wedding! OMG!!! Seriously, I don't get all that emotional or worked up over most weddings, even my own, but for some reason this one got to me. I actually got a little teary-eyed when that door opened and there she stood and Jason looked at her with such happiness. I guess because that girl is soooooo overly emotional with the pregnancy hormones raging. Whatever, it was a fabulous wedding. The cake was GORGEOUS.....I want some! Shawn cracked me up a dozen times over but especially his comments after Bethenny had to pee in the bucket. OMG!!! Great wedding, great eppy. :clap:

Oh! And Ramona's red dress was amazing. I wasn't all that thrilled with what Alex wore. Simon is a freaking lush! And I think Mario is hot, Ramona is a lucky woman!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, I forgot to mention Alex's dress! Because if anyone can sniff out the ugliest over-priced clothes it's Alex. That chain-link shirt she wore on Housewives was HIDEOUS! But I thought the gown she wore to Bethenny's wedding was about as close to elegant as Alex will ever get.

I wish the peeing in the bucket hadn't been promo-ed over a million times because it was a great moment the first time I saw it.

Yes, that cake was gorgeous. Simple, but gorgeous. And I'd bet it was wonderfully delicious.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 10 2010, 03:55 PM
Simon is a freaking lush!
I've never heard this term. What does it mean?

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
A lush is another word for a drunk.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Haha, Lexilou......obviously you have not been around a lot of lushes in your life or you would KNOW! :P Yes, that is what I meant.....a person that likes to imbibe alcohol a little too much......a drunk!
Quote:

I wish the peeing in the bucket hadn't been promo-ed over a million times because it was a great moment the first time I saw it.

I had never seen the promo. Probably because I record everything I watch and FF through ALL commercials. So it was fabulous to me. And when Shawn was talking about it afterwards, I had to rewind and hear his comments twice, they made me laugh so hard. I think they need to give Shawn his own show about being a wedding planner, he's great!

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the explanation!

bilki
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Those gals are wacky! Teresa chasing Danielle around make me laugh. Danielle playing the victim at the slightest confrontation is groan-worthy. Ashley was foolish to pull Danielle's hair. On the show, Ashley was bragging about pulling Danielle's weave out of her head. But on WATCH WHAT HAPPENS, Ashley seemed to be backtracking by saying that she'd have some of Danielle's hair in her hand if she had really pulled that hard. I thought the UN-BE-WEAVE-ABLE comment was great but shouldn't have been posted on Facebook. Funny that the police officers were already familiar with Danielle.

Jaquelyn playing video games on her phone while Danielle's energist was trying to work her voodoo magic was HILARIOUS!

My problem with this Housewives show is that the playing ground seems so uneven. Caroline, Jaquelyn and the departed Dina seem like relatively intelligent and respectable women...and then Danielle seems to have some serious mental issues. How does someone relatively sane function in that environment? I can see why Dina left, and I've read Caroline may be leaving at the end of this season. Who can blame them? At least on the other shows all the housewives seem to be at the same level of crazy.

I thought Jaquelyn looked fantastic on WHAT WHAT HAPPENS.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: