Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Topic Started: May 1 2010, 11:47 AM (2,270 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
What is the box set called and how much is it?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
This one (except uh-oh, it's temporarily out of stock) - http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Tattoo-Trilogy-Noomi-Rapace/dp/B005JTLTI4/ref=sr_1_5?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1323678307&sr=1-5 over the older one (of the theatrical cuts) - http://www.amazon.com/Larsson-Trilogy-Dragon-Tattoo-Hornets/dp/B0046VTCD0/ref=sr_1_4?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1323678351&sr=1-4
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Freinds in Chicago already saw the new release and raved about it. They had read all the books and seen the foreign films as well but said this was a total home run.

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw the American version of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' last week, and had seen the Swedish version sometime ago plus read all the books.

While I think the American version is well done, it is not, IMO, as good as the Swedish. For some reason it just doesn't capture the atmosphere, and the rape sense is too graphic, not enough left to the imagination. While the cast is very good, I don't think Rooney Mara inhabits the role of Lisbeth as Naoomi Rapace did. I would be very surprised if she won an Oscar for the role.
Edited by Marg, Jan 24 2012, 07:39 PM.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have heard some folks rave then some feel as you do. Especially about the rape. I know that will bother me as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just saw the US version. The rape was terrible but no worse than the original film. I liked this adaptation a lot, Rooney Mara was very good, but I still like Rapace better. I liked the Swedish guy better as I just kept thinking "what is Daniel Craig doing in this film?". I think I liked the Swedish film better as well, but maybe just cause it was closer to reading the book. On the other hand, this film really got the dark winter and cold down. I am glad I saw them all, and really glad to have read the books.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: