Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Topic Started: May 1 2010, 11:47 AM (2,800 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Interesting that there's apparently a fourth manuscript out there that will unfortunately probably never see the light of day due to the problems with his the Larsson estate. I am finding this second book much more interesting than the first. Maybe because there's a lot more action. I love it when Lisbeth and Mikael communicate via his computer that she's hacked. LOL!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Funny you mentioned Wikipedia because I just read that on Wikipedia when I was telling my kid about the books.

I just saw the 1st movie on Mother's Day. It was excellent but not nearly as in depth as the book. I can't wait to see the other 2.

I just hope one day we can at least get a 4th book out of the estate. :rip:

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
They can never make a movie as good as a great book, but these were good movies. And I loved the cast, especially Blumquist and Lisbeth. Naomi Rapace rocks!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Are the movies Swedish with subtitles?

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
May 12 2011, 11:33 AM
Are the movies Swedish with subtitles?
Yes, and the actors are Swedish as well. I thought they were extremely well done. I have no desire to see an American version.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
The first DVD had the option to listen to it dubbed in English with or without English subtitles. We watched it 'without' the English subtitles but dubbed in English. ;)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, I saw the first one in the movie with subtitles but listened to the others in English. They are really good movies, and I doubt the American versions will be anywhere near as good.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Why do you guys think the American version/versions won't be as good as the Swedish ones? It seems rather unanimous.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've only seen the first movie on blu-ray with subtitles. I doubt the USA version will be as good as how can they keep the same locations with English speaking actors. Also since the people in the original are unknown I see characters and not actors, which is a problem I tend to have with some movies.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shaky hand-held video from a theatre screening (and unauthorized, so I could see youtube having to pull it before long, maybe), but... here's the first trailer for Fincher's GWTDT.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/hot-red-band-trailer-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
May 30 2011, 02:04 PM
Shaky hand-held video from a theatre screening (and unauthorized, so I could see youtube having to pull it before long, maybe), but... here's the first trailer for Fincher's GWTDT.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/hot-red-band-trailer-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo/
Thanks Dax.

I loved the ending "The feel bad movie of Christmas". I'm sure I'll see it but once again nothing can compare to the books and my twisted vision. B-)

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
For one thing tha actors look like real people. I don't think there was a micron of botox or Juvederm in the entire cast. They looked like people this could be happening to, and they were great actors as well. Rapace is brilliant as Salander and the guy who played Bloomquist was excellent as well. I don't know who has been cast for the US movie but I am sure they will be the same frozen faced tooth laminated crop we usually get.

The movie was dark and gritty too, Sweden is a bitch in the winter. Wonder if they can carry that as well. We'll see.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That being siad, watched the trailer and it looked pretty good. Seems they got the dark and gritty part down!!!!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> I don't know who has been cast for the US movie but I am sure they will be the same frozen faced tooth laminated crop we usually get.

Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Craig might do, I do not know the woman. The trailer did look good. I am sure I will see it no matter what the reviews are as I am totally hooked on the series.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Trailer looked like they might gore it up. "Feel Bad" movie of the season....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> I do not know the woman.

Fincher wanted a relative unknown, over all the names that wanted it bad and pushed themselves hard for it... (he did work with her a little bit on his last film - she's got a small role in The Social Network). She was in the recent remake of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw the trailer, didn't like the sound score....just too over-the top for that movie. It did look dark..that was fine. Didn't see enough to make a comment about the acting.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I like that she is a relative unknown actor. I didn't want someone like Angelina Jolie or someone like that to take it and then you sit there and cannot believe it is Lisbeth. I sort of liked the harsh sound track for a triler but would not want it through out the movie.
Craig was OK as I really have not seen a ton of him, I don't think of him as "James Bond", he has theat somewhat weary look that the Swede did.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Big article on Larssen (sp), in Vanity Fair. Haven't read it yet but they usually do a good job.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read the article in VF, is a memior from the girlfiend. Touching but not too deep. Said he was really active in women's rights and other social issues. He worked like a dog, ate poorly and chain smoked. He felt sick early in the day and a friend wanted to take him to the hospital but he declined. Later that day they walked up 7 flights of stairs for an interview (in a place that had no elevator) and that is when he went into full blown arrest and died shortly after.

He had a signed will leving her everything but it was not notarized or witnessed so the dad and brother got it all.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw the trailer today while at the movies watching X-Men First Class. It was rad!!!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Did you like X-Men First Class, Cheryl?

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' extended trailer released - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DqQe3OrsMKI#!
Edited by Gatekeeper, Sep 22 2011, 03:16 PM.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
For some reason I could not post on friend's computer, but anyhow, thanks for that. Looks good. I have been cynical about the American remake but have to say this young woman could be OK and even Craig has potential.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG, the trailer looks awesome......it gave me chills! So I'm at the end of the third book, Salander's trial just started. I think this last book was my fave in the series. I'm going REALLY slow now because I don't want it to end. I will miss these characters. :(

Quote:

Did you like X-Men First Class, Cheryl?

BL--so sorry I missed this but hey, nothing like an answer to your question three months later! Yes, I thought X-Men First Class was fabulous. Kevin Bacon was a fantastic villain, that foreign dude who plays Magneto (it's been so long I can't remember his name) was REALLY good, a scene stealer. I would watch it again in a heartbeat and that's rare for me these days.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just saw Dream House (if you are really interested, wait for the dvd to come out or see it on demand. No need to hurry with this one) which was much more notable for the previews of Girl with The Dragon Tatoo (I think I might enjoy it---in English instead of subtitles. Don't get me wrong: I enjoy movies with subtitles, but think it might be nice to enjoy this thriller without the distraction of subtitles) and also for a complete change of pace: Tower Heist with Ben Stiller, Alan Alda, and Eddie Murphy. Am only hoping that all the best parts haven't been spoiled in the trailer.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Two good articles in todays NY Times. One regarding Fincher and his being worried that fans of the book won't like his version of the movie. They say a million people called him with casting ideas, he did not want a well known actor for Lisbeth (I agree).

Then an article about Naomi Rapace (Lisbeth #1) who said she did not want the role (who really knows), she was done with the character and is in a couple of new US films, one Alien like directed by Ridley Scott. Interesting as the pix in the Times, she almost looked a bit like a young Weaver....

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Naomi Rapace is in the new Sherlock Holmes (A Game of Shadows, out Dec. 16!) with Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr.

I think that she could be a good choice to play a Ripley like character in an Alien film. Will have to see re: the new Sherlock Holmes film. In the previews, she looks not quite right, in some way, a little out of place.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Definitely easy to believe Rapace did not want to do it again. Yeah, she's in the Sherlock Holmes sequel (oops, was posting at the same time as tgir) and Scott's Prometheus, which looks to be super-awesome...

I've ordered the box set of the extended (tv-film edits, shown in two parts each, runtime quite a bit longer than the theatrical releases) of the Swedish trilogy. I'll probably watch Fincher's first one first, though. It looks great.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: