Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
Topic Started: May 1 2010, 11:47 AM (2,246 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read the article in VF, is a memior from the girlfiend. Touching but not too deep. Said he was really active in women's rights and other social issues. He worked like a dog, ate poorly and chain smoked. He felt sick early in the day and a friend wanted to take him to the hospital but he declined. Later that day they walked up 7 flights of stairs for an interview (in a place that had no elevator) and that is when he went into full blown arrest and died shortly after.

He had a signed will leving her everything but it was not notarized or witnessed so the dad and brother got it all.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
For some reason I could not post on friend's computer, but anyhow, thanks for that. Looks good. I have been cynical about the American remake but have to say this young woman could be OK and even Craig has potential.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Two good articles in todays NY Times. One regarding Fincher and his being worried that fans of the book won't like his version of the movie. They say a million people called him with casting ideas, he did not want a well known actor for Lisbeth (I agree).

Then an article about Naomi Rapace (Lisbeth #1) who said she did not want the role (who really knows), she was done with the character and is in a couple of new US films, one Alien like directed by Ridley Scott. Interesting as the pix in the Times, she almost looked a bit like a young Weaver....

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Freinds in Chicago already saw the new release and raved about it. They had read all the books and seen the foreign films as well but said this was a total home run.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I have heard some folks rave then some feel as you do. Especially about the rape. I know that will bother me as well.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Just saw the US version. The rape was terrible but no worse than the original film. I liked this adaptation a lot, Rooney Mara was very good, but I still like Rapace better. I liked the Swedish guy better as I just kept thinking "what is Daniel Craig doing in this film?". I think I liked the Swedish film better as well, but maybe just cause it was closer to reading the book. On the other hand, this film really got the dark winter and cold down. I am glad I saw them all, and really glad to have read the books.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: