Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol; Season 7
Topic Started: Jan 3 2008, 08:47 AM (1,325 Views)
blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
People don't like the song Blackbird, I don't know. Perhaps some people skipped AI last night due to Dancing with the Stars and didn't vote who were fans of Carly. I do find it funny though weird that on the captions it said Shitson as her last name.

I think that Amanda had a good attitude about being voted off before the tour. Kristy is just getting by due to the country thing...

I'm not a big David A fan either. The song choice this week, BLAH. Sorry, how can he understand those lyrics?
Edited by blosslover, Mar 19 2008, 10:30 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chris Cornell is who created that arrangement of Billie Jean. I'm glad that they had Ryan announce that before Dave sang. Otherwise I wouldn't have known it. Since I'm in the slow lane with dial up I haven't looked for that version on-line.

The comment to David A about his song, was kind of funny as the others this week picked Queen, Sting, The Police as if they are Americans. The thing is the song David A performed was this huge hit in Australia. I just didn't get it.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Michael Johns is 29 he can handle it. ; )

Watched American Idol Extra and this week they had on the two guys who met on the AI line last year who were on the finale (they performed Climb Every Mountain), Ruben (and they had him sing Flying Without Wings, which was disappointing I wanted to hear him do a live version of the song that sends the contestants out), and Haley Scarnato (who sang Cryin') and wouldn't confirm or deny the rumors of her and Blake Lewis. They talked to Chikeze of course too. He admitted that growing up the only times he heard "regular" pop music was on the television, at stores etc and not in his home. He mentioned that he had the best relationship with David Cook and that it sounded like he shared an apartment with David A and his father during the show.
Edited by blosslover, Mar 28 2008, 06:18 PM.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lisa and Amy who do you want the final two to be? I'd be surprised if David A and Brooke are the final two, though it is interesting that they are both Mormon.

BL (who isn't sure who she wants at the end as usual she doesn't have a favorite yet and typically never does.)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When it comes to American Idol, winning can be a double edged sword, so I can see where you are coming from Amy.

It would be almost funny to me if one of the green card/visa contestants would win. A lot of people don't seem to like Carly, and find her desperate in her performances, with Michael Johns I worry that the only thing he can sing with excitement is Queen. I'd like to hear him knock something out of the park.

Ramielle lost her spark, though was better in earlier rounds. If you watched Idol Gives Back last year, you've heard Josh Groban sing. I see David A as more a Disney person and since there will be an AI attraction at Disney... Jason is the guy who plays the guitar in a dorm..I agree with Simon about that, but he is likable which is a plus. And like Cheryl, he reminds me of John Mayer.

What is interesting to me about Idol though not everyone here has watched since the beginning, so this may be lost is how R&B was the primary genre of most of the contestants. It was unique when in season two, Josh Gracin started to sing country. When Kristy Lee Cook started G-d Bless the USA, my first thought went to Josh from season two and his being in the Marines while on AI.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The only thing that got me about the dreads was during the clip package when the gnats were around his head. That was kind of gross.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw that on the Soup that was hilarious. When American Idol is on that is a must watch show.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's awful news about David Cook. Hope he can stay on the show, I feel for him and his family.

I didn't know most of the songs this week. I wish that they wouldn't have allowed anyone to sing I Will Always Love You. Trying to make it a mix between Dolly and Whitney versions was strange. I have no idea why I knew the song that Carly sang or the one Kristy Lee Cook did. At least I recalled why I knew Jason Castro's as it is from a recent movie.

BL (who will have more later...)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply