Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
American Idol; Season 7
Topic Started: Jan 3 2008, 08:47 AM (1,322 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lisa
Mar 28 2008, 08:16 PM
David cook and Jason Castro....I think Jason hasn't fully emerged but has a ton of raw talent. I hope he picks it up in the next week or so.
I so agree with you about Jason. Of all of those kids this season, he is the one that is definitely the most unpolished but it doesn't matter because that talent shines through and his voice is so pure and beautiful. HE is the one that I'm always telling my hubby reminds me of John Mayer because he makes those funny faces when he sings. I love that.....it's so real and so endearing!

I used to think David Archuleta would be in the final but not so much anymore......he's kind of lost me in the last few weeks. I think he still has a lot of fans but not enough to keep him there until the end unless he snaps out it and gets back to where he was the first couple of weeks.

And if David Cook keeps on consistently blowing people away like he's been doing, he'd better watch it or HE will end up winning. And l'm kinda with Amy in that I don't think I want him to win the whole shebang. I would be cool with him coming in second or third and then having a career like Chris Daughtry. I work with a girl who has never been much of a David Cook fan and always looked at me like I was nuts when I would rave about him. Well, this week she came up to me and said, "I've seen the light.....David Cook is awesome." I was like....."It's about time!" :mad1:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
When it comes to American Idol, winning can be a double edged sword, so I can see where you are coming from Amy.

It would be almost funny to me if one of the green card/visa contestants would win. A lot of people don't seem to like Carly, and find her desperate in her performances, with Michael Johns I worry that the only thing he can sing with excitement is Queen. I'd like to hear him knock something out of the park.

Ramielle lost her spark, though was better in earlier rounds. If you watched Idol Gives Back last year, you've heard Josh Groban sing. I see David A as more a Disney person and since there will be an AI attraction at Disney... Jason is the guy who plays the guitar in a dorm..I agree with Simon about that, but he is likable which is a plus. And like Cheryl, he reminds me of John Mayer.

What is interesting to me about Idol though not everyone here has watched since the beginning, so this may be lost is how R&B was the primary genre of most of the contestants. It was unique when in season two, Josh Gracin started to sing country. When Kristy Lee Cook started G-d Bless the USA, my first thought went to Josh from season two and his being in the Marines while on AI.

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thats funny Cheryl...the ladies at my job don't see what I see in Jason. They just can't get past his dreads.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lisa
Mar 28 2008, 10:59 PM
Thats funny Cheryl...the ladies at my job don't see what I see in Jason. They just can't get past his dreads.
Lisa--that same chick I was talking about above says EXACTLY the same thing about Jason! She hates the dreads too. I think that's just silly. :wtf:

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The only thing that got me about the dreads was during the clip package when the gnats were around his head. That was kind of gross.

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh Cheryl, LOOOVVVEE the new banner! I had forgotten how cute and young and dimply he was....

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I liked the guy on E!'s The Soup (I didn't see it, just saw it quoted in Entertainment Weekly), re: Archuleta and his major lyric fubaring: 'Congratulations, Yoko Ono, assassins, cancer, and one-legged golddiggers - you're no longer the worst things to ever happen to the Beatles!'

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Mar 29 2008, 12:53 AM
I liked the guy on E!'s The Soup (I didn't see it, just saw it quoted in Entertainment Weekly), re: Archuleta and his major lyric fubaring: 'Congratulations, Yoko Ono, assassins, cancer, and one-legged golddiggers - you're no longer the worst things to ever happen to the Beatles!'

Hahahaha!!! That's hysterical.....but true! David A. was truly HAWW-RIBLE that week. :lmfao:

Quote:

Oh Cheryl, LOOOVVVEE the new banner! I had forgotten how cute and young and dimply he was....

Thank you, Amy. I know.....he was just sooooo adorable. :wub1:

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Mar 29 2008, 12:53 AM

:bunny: Soooooooooo true!!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw that on the Soup that was hilarious. When American Idol is on that is a must watch show.

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
My quick reaction is ....bleecchh.....

I of course have more to offer later....

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't get to see the show last night but I saw this on the internet this morning ~

"American Idol" Contestant Hospitalized, Released

Posted Apr 2nd 2008 12:49AM by TMZ Staff

David Cook"A.I" contestant David Cook was rushed to the hospital tonight after experiencing heart palpitations and high blood pressure, and released a few hours later. His condition is still not resolved.

As we first reported, Cook was not feeling well during the day and his condition worsened after his performance. Cook was examined by show medics who determined his blood pressure was "far too high." Cook was urged to leave for the hospital during the show, but he wanted to wait it out.

After the show, Cook was driven to the hospital (not by ambulance) and treated by a private doctor to keep everything on the down low. The doctor gave Cook medication to bring his blood pressure down and he will monitored again Tuesday.

An "A.I." exec tells us Cook has been completely stressed out because his brother, who has been sick with cancer, had a setback within the last week. Earlier in the season, just before a performance, David collapsed and said he could not go on -- though he pulled it together at the last minute.

~~~~

Poor guy. I hope him and his brother are OK. :(

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh wow. Poor guy.

I guess the shorter version of this is I love Dolly Parton. The woman has talent out the wazoo even if you aren't into county.

How disrespectful to the guest artist going on about Whitney Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You". I hate Whitney's version and have always like Dolly's much better. Syesha sucked.

I really like Carly's version of "Here you Come Again". Simon is an ass. First the poor woman had to admit that she has just gained a little weight to squash pregnancy rumors now she dresses closer to the body and he trashes her?!

I thought David Cook was a little weak, but now I get it.

I wasn't blown away by anyone but Carly was the closest, for me, this week.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh man......poor David Cook. I hope he's okay now.....and his brother too. That really sucks. But what a pro because I still think he nailed yet another awesome performance. And I LOOVED the new haircut! :wub1:

Archuleta was back in form last night. I didn't know the song but loved the emotion. Love that kid.

Carly was fabulous....loved her version of Here You Come Again. And eff you, Simon. My hubby and I both remarked on how gorgeous she looked. I love Simon but sometimes he can be such an ignorant buffoon! :club:

My fave performance of the night was Michael Johns. Fantastic performance! :applause: That guy just keeps getting better and better. And he's pretty easy on the eyes too. My hubby and I always laugh when he's standing next to Ryan. He makes Ryan look like a nerdy little munchkin!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope David Cook is better! My friends love him so much!
Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
That's awful news about David Cook. Hope he can stay on the show, I feel for him and his family.

I didn't know most of the songs this week. I wish that they wouldn't have allowed anyone to sing I Will Always Love You. Trying to make it a mix between Dolly and Whitney versions was strange. I have no idea why I knew the song that Carly sang or the one Kristy Lee Cook did. At least I recalled why I knew Jason Castro's as it is from a recent movie.

BL (who will have more later...)

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Earlier in the season, just before a performance, David collapsed and said he could not go on -- though he pulled it together at the last minute.

Wonder which night/song that was.

bl - Carly's song is a pretty common one, an even-if-you-don't-know-Dolly-you've-surely-heard-that-one (even though it was one Dolly didn't write).

I liked Brooke, Cook, and Castro best. But I didn't really hate anything... was semi-dreading All Dolly, but this was preferable to 'Country Night' to me, because while I 'hate' most country music, I think quite a few of Dolly's are okay (even those I don't know - like Kristy Lee's, or Archuleta's).

Syesha didn't bother me. But it's a good debate - SAFE choice or RISKY choice?

And for good or bad, it's one of Dolly's best-known, most-beloved songs... and it's known better as by Whitney (I like Dolly's better, but it IS a song that got 'taken away' by its cover artist...).

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Apr 2 2008, 01:01 PM
>> Earlier in the season, just before a performance, David collapsed and said he could not go on -- though he pulled it together at the last minute.

Wonder which night/song that was.

It was last week, according to http://www.actressarchives.com/news.php?id=10070

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lisa, are you happy?
Spoiler: click to toggle
is gone now?!

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hell YES!! Although he now may not have an interest in it at all! It isn't even on yet here, I spoiled myself...googled the results. Now I am wondering if I play stupid and let him watch or just spill the beans.... :goodevil:

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I was ready for my sweetheart to be Bottom 3, but bummed to see her go last night (and surprised that she was out before Kristy).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: