Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
American Idol; Season 7
Topic Started: Jan 3 2008, 08:47 AM (1,269 Views)
Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Also back up from OLD GLBuzz board can be found in below attachment ~

Season Premiere!

The thrill is in the air! Mark your calendars for the 2-night, 4-hour event on Jan. 15th and 16th (at 8/7c), only on FOX.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: American_Ido.html (339.92 KB)
Edited by Gatekeeper, Jul 3 2009, 07:21 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Current season is 7.

(Remember - you LOVE me...)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Mar 16 2008, 10:54 AM
Current season is 7.

(Remember - you LOVE me...)
LOL ... like a brother. :D

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm watching AI right now and Brooke is back to bugging the crap outta me. What was with her talking over the judges while telling the audience "it's ok" ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah she reminded me why she irritates me. Miss Polly Perfect :X

Deleted User
Deleted User

I like Brooke, its Kristie Lee Cook that annoys the crap out of me.

This season I like Brooke, Jason Castro (he is simply adorable), and I'm starting to really like David Cook. I also like Carly, but that mega tatoo she has on her arm bugs me. I mean... its HUGE!!!! Distracts me from her singing.

I do not like David Archeleto....Avacodo... whatever the hell his name is. That "All American Boy" crap is ticking me off.

Jason is my fav so far.
Quote Post Goto Top

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I'm glad that I am not the only one who is not feeling the avacado (LOL!) love! He is just getting old and boring with those slow sad songs.

I was glad that they told Amanda she needs to try a slow one.

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
:clap: Well you knew I was gonna be in here doing the happy dance, right? Yeah!!! One Note Wanda has left the building!! She should have tried something slower before now, but that wouldn't have saved her.

Now, we just have to get rid of Kristy and Brooke!

My question is this: What the hell was Carly doing in the bottom 3? Did her fans forget to call in for her? I don't care what the judges said, she was good last night. So was Micheal Johns and David Cook. I think Simon has taken up crack as a hobby! David Cook didn't look smug, he looked like he was having fun! A creature in his natural element, on stage.

David Archuletta was really good last night. I am not feeling so much of the love but when he sings like that, I get it.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
People don't like the song Blackbird, I don't know. Perhaps some people skipped AI last night due to Dancing with the Stars and didn't vote who were fans of Carly. I do find it funny though weird that on the captions it said Shitson as her last name.

I think that Amanda had a good attitude about being voted off before the tour. Kristy is just getting by due to the country thing...

I'm not a big David A fan either. The song choice this week, BLAH. Sorry, how can he understand those lyrics?
Edited by blosslover, Mar 19 2008, 10:30 PM.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lisa
Mar 18 2008, 11:01 PM
I'm watching AI right now and Brooke is back to bugging the crap outta me. What was with her talking over the judges while telling the audience "it's ok" ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah she reminded me why she irritates me. Miss Polly Perfect :X
Hahaha, Lisa......I'm a big Brooke fan but even I was a little annoyed by Miss Mary Sunshine last night. She was definitely a little much. But I still love her and think she is AMAZING!!!

Quote:

Well you knew I was gonna be in here doing the happy dance, right? Yeah!!! One Note Wanda has left the building!! She should have tried something slower before now, but that wouldn't have saved her.

LOL, why yes I did know you would be doing the happy dance, Ms. Amy! I even thought of you as she was being voted off tonight. I'm not surprised a bit she's gone but I wish it had been the Barbie Doll......errr......Kristy. I actually think what did her in was the way she argued with the judges and probably saying the word 'shit' on national television. As soon as she said it and I realized it slipped through the sensors (don't they have a seven second delay on these shows???), I told my hubby she would probably go because a LOT of middle America just doesn't like it when their little 'Idols' cuss! :oops:
Quote:

My question is this: What the hell was Carly doing in the bottom 3? Did her fans forget to call in for her? I don't care what the judges said, she was good last night. So was Micheal Johns and David Cook. I think Simon has taken up crack as a hobby! David Cook didn't look smug, he looked like he was having fun! A creature in his natural element, on stage.

Prediction: Carly will never make it to the finals. I think she has a fabulous voice and is a great performer but I'm telling ya, America is very funny......I don't think they will vote for her in droves because she is not American and is sooooooo Irish. Now that cutie Michael Johns is another story. For some reason, Aussies are much more popular over here (because of soaps maybe?). That and the fact that he is much more personable. I think he'll go further in the competition than she will. Of course I could be totally talking out of my ass here too! :whistle:

Nobody blew me away the other night. David Cook was probably my fave. I still love my little David A. but I wasn't as blown away by him as the judges were. I agree with Amy.....WTF was Simon's problem? He was about a Grumpy Gus the other night....he hated everybody (almost)!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I am glad that Amanda is gone too. She just didn't seem like she really wanted to be there to me. I was really surprised that Carly was in the bottom 3 too. I also thought that Kristi was going to leave. I wonder if she is going to leave next week. I think she should stop trying to turn every song she sings into a country song because her performances are going to become predictable. JMO
Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
AHHHHHHHHHHHH Amanda's gone? LOL ... I didn't watch the result show last night. Well good. I just wasn't 'feeling' her.

OK so I like David Cook, David Archuleta and Jason Castro for the guys and Carly Smithson for the girls. The rest can go bye-bye and I wouldn't miss them.

I do want to throw the 'bull shit' flag up on Michael Johns only being 29. I don't think so. My gatekeeper radar pegs him for mid to late 30s and so does his bald spot but whatever. He's still cute for an old far. :P

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Amanda - Back in the USSR - Okay.

Kristy - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Awful. WORSE than last week, which at least had the 'well, I don't like country music and she countrified it' about it.

Archuleta - Long and Winding Road - Sounded good, but I didn't think there was much vocal variety to it, no emotion to it, no storytelling...

Michael - Day in the Life - Bad. Serious fuck-up with the lyrics, and nobody called him on it, which I thought was weird.

Brooke - Here Comes the Sun - Okay.

Cook - Daytripper - Kinda cool.

Carly - Blackbird - Good.

Castro - Michelle - Good.

Syesha - Yesterday - Okay. A bit... too much? Oversang it, I thought.

Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Okay, but the arrangement was seriously schizo.

Ramiele - I Should Have Known Better - Okay.

Group song - Aw, poor Ramiele's mic wasn't on...

Hi, Pickler. Elliot and Fantasia in Africa...

Bottom 3 - Carly, Kristy, Amanda. Amanda goes home. Votefortheworst totally saved Kristy.

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Mar 20 2008, 06:59 PM

Yeah I noticed that too....all you could hear was Brooke

Deleted User
Deleted User

dax
Mar 20 2008, 06:59 PM
Amanda - Back in the USSR - Okay.

Kristy - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - Awful. WORSE than last week, which at least had the 'well, I don't like country music and she countrified it' about it.

Archuleta - Long and Winding Road - Sounded good, but I didn't think there was much vocal variety to it, no emotion to it, no storytelling...

Michael - Day in the Life - Bad. Serious fuck-up with the lyrics, and nobody called him on it, which I thought was weird.

Brooke - Here Comes the Sun - Okay.

Cook - Daytripper - Kinda cool.

Carly - Blackbird - Good.

Castro - Michelle - Good.

Syesha - Yesterday - Okay. A bit... too much? Oversang it, I thought.

Chikezie - I've Just Seen A Face - Okay, but the arrangement was seriously schizo.

Ramiele - I Should Have Known Better - Okay.

Hi, Pickler. Elliot and Fantasia in Africa...

Bottom 3 - Carly, Kristy, Amanda. Amanda goes home. Votefortheworst totally saved Kristy.
Right FREAKING on dax. I agree with each and every assessment.
Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so after watching tonight's show, I have only three words.

DAVID COOK RULES!!! :wow:

They definitely saved the best for last tonight. Damn! And it's already up on YouTube!

Simply amazing! :applause:
Edited by Cheryl, Mar 25 2008, 10:38 PM.

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
David Cook was awesome.

Deleted User
Deleted User

he really does. I can't believe he took two schmaltzy 80's songs and turned them into rock hits. He's really won me over. :notworthy:

Stupid Paula quote of the day: "What, you couldn't pick an American composer for American Idol?" Oh yeah, because the Beatles were American too, right? ^o)

And how is it that the song Kristy sang was brave and clever and the song David A sang was cartoony? They were both uplifting songs, and he sang it better. Although, I can see it at least getting her out of the bottom three for a change.

Poor Carly, I like her but she killed that song, way too stiff. Jason was ok. Liked Brooke's although the false start was weird (and she knew it). Weird advice from the judges criticizing her for having the band come in, when they told her on Love Is A Battlefield that she should have the band come in instead of singing the whole thing solo. Michael and Jason were my faves for the night.
Quote Post Goto Top

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
So I think I'm gonna give Kristy a pass this week. I liked what she did, that song kills me every time. The fact that it still got me when she did it means it must have been ok. Brooke on the other hand, buh bye!

Damn but David Cook is just rocking my world! I love him! I would happily go pay too much for a ticket to see him live RIGHT NOW!

I think Michael Johns better be careful, he's gonna end up playing lead in a "Queen" tribute band. Don't me wrong, I think he pulls it off and that is hard to do, but I worried. I am also worried that Carly is going to end up in the bottom three again. Oh well, that's OK cuz David Cook already has this thing won!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cook was the best by far. Very nice.

I also liked Castro (happy birthday), Brooke (even with the false start, though some of the country flavorings didn't quite work for me), Michael (love the song, and he did it well), and Carly (stiff-looking, yeah, but sounded good to me- and I love that song).

Kristy wasn't the worst, but even if she were (again), it was a smart, vote-pandering move to choose God Bless The USA. I was snarky during her clip package, though, where she's saying her family doesn't tell her to stop singing now. 'Really? They skipped the last two weeks and didn't hear you mangle the Beatles?'

Couldn't tell Ramiele was sick, but she seemed to be struggling really hard to overpower the really loud back-up singers (overly prepared to overcompensate for her?)...

Syesha and Chikezie were kinda boring to me.

Archuleta was okay. Let me know when there's a youtube link up to a mash-up of Simon's suggestion... I expect somebody's going to drop in some 'animated creatures' to dance around with David...

Not sure who should go home, or will.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Chris Cornell is who created that arrangement of Billie Jean. I'm glad that they had Ryan announce that before Dave sang. Otherwise I wouldn't have known it. Since I'm in the slow lane with dial up I haven't looked for that version on-line.

The comment to David A about his song, was kind of funny as the others this week picked Queen, Sting, The Police as if they are Americans. The thing is the song David A performed was this huge hit in Australia. I just didn't get it.

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh darn it! I am just not getting what I want! I'm going to stomp my feet here for a minute! I figured Kristy was safe, but Brooke too? Come on now!

I did not catch that it was Chris Cornell's arrangement until tonight.

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here is Chris Cornell's version:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank you, Lisa! OMG.....Chris Cornell is sooooooo HOT! :wub1:

I've got the rock version of Billie Jean on the brain now. It was definitely my favorite David Cook performance so far.

Amy--you crack me up. I seriously don't think Brooke White will be going anywhere for quite a while. The girl is awesomely talented.

I couldn't believe my little Jason Castro was in the bottom three tonight. That just ain't right! :(

Deleted User
Deleted User

I think if it's going to the final two, I think it's going to be David Archuleta and Brooke White. My favorite is Michael Johns because he's such a dream, and he's probably good in bed too! LOL! I shouldn't have said that! :$
Quote Post Goto Top

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well if it does come down to those two, I'll at least have some extra time on my hands because I wouldn't bother watching Boy Wonder and Hippie Nanny ballad it out.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Michael Johns is 29 he can handle it. ; )

Watched American Idol Extra and this week they had on the two guys who met on the AI line last year who were on the finale (they performed Climb Every Mountain), Ruben (and they had him sing Flying Without Wings, which was disappointing I wanted to hear him do a live version of the song that sends the contestants out), and Haley Scarnato (who sang Cryin') and wouldn't confirm or deny the rumors of her and Blake Lewis. They talked to Chikeze of course too. He admitted that growing up the only times he heard "regular" pop music was on the television, at stores etc and not in his home. He mentioned that he had the best relationship with David Cook and that it sounded like he shared an apartment with David A and his father during the show.
Edited by blosslover, Mar 28 2008, 06:18 PM.

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
amy
Mar 28 2008, 10:29 AM
Well if it does come down to those two, I'll at least have some extra time on my hands because I wouldn't bother watching Boy Wonder and Hippie Nanny ballad it out.
Well Amy you and I can always sip our chard together and hang out in the never ending thread, cuz I wouldn't watch that either :wineclick:

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Lisa and Amy who do you want the final two to be? I'd be surprised if David A and Brooke are the final two, though it is interesting that they are both Mormon.

BL (who isn't sure who she wants at the end as usual she doesn't have a favorite yet and typically never does.)

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well there's a little news flash for me! I had no idea they were both Mormon.

I think David Cook deserves to win this but I would rather he didn't. I don't want him indebted to the show. Having said that, I would be good with Carly Smithson or Michael Johns winning. IF is has to be anyone other than them...I think David Archuletta would be a very good commercial artist in the vein of Josh Groban or something. Although the most I have actually heard Josh is the Jimmy Kimmel "I'm fucking Ben Affleck" video. I have heard about him and I think John Mayer would be a good comparison for Boy Wonder too.

You can probably tell from my banner what my musical leanings are.

Lisa
Member Avatar
Nana
[ *  *  *  * ]
David cook and Jason Castro....I think Jason hasn't fully emerged but has a ton of raw talent. I hope he picks it up in the next week or so.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: