Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings; 2007-2008
Topic Started: Dec 31 2007, 08:25 AM (448 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ratings: DWTS Partners with 20.9 Mil; Mother Sparkles

Monday's ratings highlights:

8 pm/ET
Dancing with the Stars returned to an audience of 20.9 million total viewers, down a bit from the Season 6 kickoff. Both The Big Bang Theory (9.11 mil) and How I Met Your Mother: Pre-Britney Edition (9.73 mil) were up 14 percent from their last fresh episodes. Canterbury's Law (5.66 mil) dropped 25 percent of its premiere audience.

9 pm
Opposite the last 30 minutes of DWTS, Two and Half Men (14.03 mil) was down 1.3 mil from its last new ep. The Bachelor did 8.96 mil, a 600 thou slip from the previous edition's debut. New Amsterdam pulled 7.3 mil, down another 17 percent. Girlicious (1.57 mil) dipped a hair.

10 pm
Medium (9.9 mil) surged 700K to best a CSI: Miami repeat and the 10 o'clock hour of Bachelor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope no one was watching that Canterbury's law show....it's not looking good!

Canterbury's Verdict is In, and Jezebel's Out?
Looks like the verdict is in on Canterbury's Law.

Sources confirm to TVGuide.com that after two low-rated outings on Monday night, Fox is banishing the Julianna Margulies-led courtroom drama to Friday nights, beginning March 28. The show's already seen the last of its unhappy Mondays.

It's unclear what this means for Fox's The Return of Jezebel James, which tanked in its debut last week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ratings: Idol vs. Dancing! Bif! Bam! Oof!

Ali vs. Frazier. David vs. Goliath. Isaiah vs. Dempsey. Tuesday night gave television its first-ever faceoff between American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. The result? Idol walked away with an easy win in the 9 o'clock hour of head-to-head action, delivering 26.8 million total viewers to DWTS' 15.17 mil. (For the night, AI did an even 27 — down 2.4 mil from last week as well as year-over-year — while Dancing averaged 16.8 mil over its 90-minute run.)

Elsewhere:

• Biggest Loser (7.85 mil) was up a hair, while Big Brother (5.48 mil) was down 480K.
• One Tree Hill (2.92 mil) gained 470 thou.
• Jericho slipped just a bit, to 5.78 mil.
• Miss/Guided debuted to 10 mil.
Edited by Cheryl, Mar 20 2008, 12:27 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
amy
Mar 20 2008, 10:19 AM
Is anyone still watching "New Amsterdam"?

I quit before the end this week. An honor killing in an Indian family?! Puleeze, if you're gonna write about Muslims have the balls to call them Muslims! It had potential and then totally lost me.
I'm still watching. I can't help it.......I'm in love with that guy that plays Amsterdam and I'm a sucker for the romance part of him finding 'the one'. Sigh...... The procedural part of the show is killing me though. I definitely thought this week's about the Indian family was the weakest one yet. But what's keeping me glued is his relationship with the lady doctor. I couldn't believe they actually consummated their relationship already. I was like.......WTF??? Because that is like...if she really is 'the one', then doesn't that mean he could die??? The two actors playing those roles have fabulous chemistry. I just wish the show was more about them and less about the crime of the week.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here's the ratings for Weds. and Thurs.: :popcorn:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ratings: The Truth Hurts Special Survivor
The Nielsens have spoken:

8 pm/ET
CBS' annual moved-because-of-March Madness installment of Survivor topped the hour in total viewers (11.6 million), but got trounced by Moment of Truth (10.9 mil) in the key demos. Top Model matched last week's 3.8 mil.

9 pm
American Idol delivered 26.1 mil. Supernanny did seven mil, while Big Brother had one of its bigger Wednesday's outings, with 6.2 mil.

10 pm
Law & Order placed No. 1 with 10.5 mil. Men in Trees flirted with six mil. (Am I the only one totally zzzzing over Cash? Or am I just humbled by his abs?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ratings: Basketball Scores for CBS

This Thursday's numbers:

8 pm/ET
Deal or No Deal won the hour in total viewers (10.2 million), but CBS' NCAA tourney coverage started its night by topping the demos. Behind 5th Grader, Miss Guided made its Thursday debut to 6.34 mil. Smallville (3.41 mil) dropped 400K.

9 pm
Lost was No. 1 in viewers (11.28 mil, down 600 thou) and demos. The second hour of hoops followed with 9.8 mil. With 8.6 mil, Celeb Apprentice was up 500K and bested Lyrics. Reaper (2.95 mil) inched up 150 thou.

10 pm
Basketball led in demos, but Eli Stone (7.5 mil) had the most viewers. Lipstick Jungle gave the lawyer a scare, though, surging 25 percent to 7.09 mil.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wednesday's ratings. :mad1:

Ratings for Idol, Men in Trees and More

No clever headline, just numbers:

8 pm/ET
Moment of Truth (9.98 million total viewers) easily topped the hour but was down 600K from last week's boffo outing. Big Brother (six mil) dropped 700 thou, while Top Model (3.47 mil) dipped 230K.

9 pm
American Idol held steady with 25.42 mil, down just a hair week-to-week. Supernanny (5.8 mil) plunged lots.

10 pm
Behind Law & Order and CSI: NY repeats, Men in Trees (5.61 mil) slipped 220 thou and was last in demos. Next week: Morgan Fairchild to the rescue! Get your shoulderpads out!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply