Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Buffy/Angel/Joss; Catch-All
Topic Started: Dec 31 2007, 08:17 AM (7,073 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Awwwww.... another Buffy-Angel virgin begins the journey. Enjoy!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for collecting those Dax...

I would love to see a Broadway Buffy... Though I'd guess it would be a new cast? It may just be that the cast is too iconic in their roles for it to work though?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jun 18 2009, 10:05 PM
So I was telling Gate that I was literally dying without the board because we've watched probably eight or nine Buffy episodes since I last posted and I needed to dish!
One of the reasons I missed the board this week was that I just knew that as you got into S5 you'd pick up the viewing pace and I wanted to hear your reactions!

Quote:

First off, one of my FAVE eppies was Crush, the one where Spike finally declares his love to a repulsed and unbelieving Buffy. I had to watch that one twice.
One of my favorite episodes. Druscilla is just always awesome.

I just love how Spike cons Buffy into a "date" and her reaction (((looking up the line...)))

Buffy: What is this? The late-night stakeout, the bogus suspects, the flask! Is this a date?
Spike: A d... please! A date? You are completely off your bird! I mean— (hopefully) Do you want it to be?

Quote:

We are still SHOCKED that they killed off Joyce.
Joss is the master of angst and pain. This is on most fans' top 3 or 4 list. Even more than Buffy, Willow, Xander, Dawn grief, I love Anya's grief. I expected the Scoobies to be shattered, but Anya's confusion and pain was what hit me. I cry very time she makes her speech

Anya (crying): "But I don't understand! I don't understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she's, there's just a body, and I don't understand why she just can't get back in it and not be dead anymore! It's stupid! It's mortal and stupid! And, and Xander's crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever, and she'll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why. (She puts her hand over her face, crying.)"

Quote:

Tonight we watched 'Intervention' with Spike and his 'Buffybot'.
Love love LOVE the Buffybot. I think SMG doesn't get enough credit for this dual portrayal. Especially in S6.

[/quote]

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

Well, we watched the finale of season five tonight so we are done for the time being. I'm so sad. It's like getting to the end of a good book and you just don't want it to end. :'(
It ain't over yet. Lucky you!!!!

Quote:

I thought the finale was amazing.
The Gift is a Top ten eppy. Love the scene at the end with the Scoobies and Spike under the tower crying.

Quote:

I just have to tell ya'll how much I love Dawn now.....love, love, LOVE her! It hardly seems possible to grow attached to a new character so quickly but it happened.....I can't even imagine the show without her now. And I love her relationship with Spike, so cute.
Yes the Spawn relationship is awesome...and a major reason that, imo, Spike....well, save that for S6 and S7 discussion....

Quote:

And have I ever mentioned that James Marsters has the most magnificent cheekbones ever? Angel who??? :bye1:
JM was working out and nearly starving himself for this role at this point. I hate to say it, because I don't want anyone to starve...but damn....(((hotflashes...)))

There was a well known fanvid on Youtube of Spike and his *headtilts." It's gone now. :-/ This is a short version....

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=806806572

There are also many outstanding fanvids featuring the Buffy cast and Spike (natch') is a big focus. Here's one that has a lot of *Crush* - there are a few spoilery scenes from S6 and S7 but nothing plot driven. You'll need to download it and have the xvid code to play....

http://dualbunny.livejournal.com/108171.html

Some Questions>>>>

Reaction to Riley and his exit in Into the Woods?

Liking Tara? with Willow?

Anya and the Troll ? :lmfao:

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This article contains a vid-mashup of Buffy VS Edward Cullen of Twilight. Hysterical and superbly done. I hear the vid keeps being taken down (copyright infringement) but I've seen it in several more places.

Cheryl, you can watch the vid but do NOT read a word of the article. First, the writer has serious hate for later seasons of Buffy (and she? espouses a common viewpoint I find way off base.) And second, the article is full of end-of-season spoilers. So watch the vid but skip the words.

http://io9.com/5299054/its-buffys-fault-that-vampires-are-weak-now?skyline=true&s=x

All my banners are GateCreations. Thanks Gate, always.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Go raibh míle maith agat Ms. Gate!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Random followup to Cheryl~

*It was Gaelic, in honor of Angel. :)

*Loved Lorne (The Host).. In honor of Andy Hallet, the Dance of Numfar (you'll see.) :rip:

Posted Image

*Hubby is a huge fan of Dru. :ermm: The eppy (Reunion?) when Darla and Dru Kill nearly all the W&H lawyers... :wow:

*Lots of folks Like Chris Kane (Lindsay). He's a hunk. In some of my very favorite episodes.

*Firing his crew---Angel is a broody silly boy.

Just so you know, most folks say Angel S4 and S5 are the best seasons, unlike the debate about later season Buffy.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jun 26 2009, 06:26 PM
But as far as hunks go, he doesn't even come close to the hunkaliciousness of James Marsters! :wub:
Well naturally....

eye candy ahead...

Posted Image

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This scene is one of my very favorite of all in Buffy, and a game-changer. The scene with Spike on the cross is the 2nd eppy in season 7, called Beneath You. So you have lots to see first. :P

dax, I agree S4 Angel has problems. A glorious mishmash of problems. Especially the end. It's mythic and maddening. But I have problems with S3 too, though. S5 is my fav. Really really wish there was a six. If you can tolerate excellent fanfic, a website run by fans posited that Angel was moved to Showtime, called Angel-No Limits and proceeded to create a full season in script form. It was rather well done and many like it better (gasp) than the comic S6. I concur.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 27 2009, 04:13 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Awesome awesome site I stumbled on via a post at W'esque....serious statistical analysis of Buffy episode quality.

http://www.phi-phenomenon.org/buffy/

Spoilers abound, so beware Cheryl. dax, you will love it given your interest in numbers and data.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
From W'esque....

Cute vid of JM with fans after last week's performance in "The Importance of Being Earnest."

Love the shot of him on tippy toes to look taller in the photos the fans were snapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DaZip1iOls

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My all time fav...I just watched it again two weeks ago. (I'm in the middle of an S6 rewatch with a Buffy site I visit.)

I hope TPTB figure out how to allow the OMWF sing-along shows again. What a blast.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.absurdtrivia.com/quiz/002666/once-more-with-feeling-quiz/

Fandom is sharply split over Smashed and what follows.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 2 2009, 01:58 PM
So last night we watched Doublemeat Palace (ewwww!), Dead Things, and Older and Far Away, where they're celebrating Buffy's birthday and they all get trapped inside her house.

I'm curious as to what the 'fandom' didn't like? Did they not like the turn in the Spike/Buffy relationship? I'm really digging it. Since the only spoilers I really knew were that they eventually had sex, seeing the way their relationship is unfolding has been a real treat and a surprise. Like.....I never would have dreamed that Spike would have been so in love with her starting with his little crush/obsession and onward to them having sex now all over the place, even though Buffy obviously hates herself afterwards. I'm a little shocked at just how much they are doing it. Hubby and I were talking last night and we were laughing at how she and Angel only did it once but she and Spike are doing it anywhere and everywhere. Spike banging invisible Buffy, getting caught by Xander and then acting like he was doing pushups was hysterical, BTW. I am soooo loving this and can't wait to see what happens when the rest of the gang finds out about Buffy and Spike's little extracurricular activities. At this point, Buffy has admitted it to Tara and she's the only one who knows.

I just gotta say one thing though.......James Marsters is sooooo freaking sexy. Whoah! :worthy:
There are several factions.

First, you have the BAngels, who never got over Angel leaving the show. (You will LOVE Angel S5, which deals with this issue a bit. Can't say much more without major spoilage....but it is awesome....)

Then you have those who think the focus on Spike took away from the Scoobies. Personally, I see them as the idjits who never got over high school and always wish they could recreate those "Glory Days."

Finally, there are some who have a point that I respect, though I disagree. They think the writing took a hit in quality. S1-3 used Sunnydale as a metaphor for high school as hell. S4 and 5, Buffy is in college, still not adult. The overall theme of the show from S1 to S5 - the horrors of growing up, the need to belong, the creation of a family *not of one's blood* - this gets tweaked quite a bit in S6 and S7. The issues are more adult. Some feel Whedon and company didn't do as good a job developing those adult-type themes.

For instance, in S6 (so far.....avoiding spoilers) the Big Bad is three nerdy human boy-men. I loved the whole idea, that evil isn't always Grandiose Super Colossal HellGods and Vampire Masters but also rooted in the terrible and mundane choices of average people.

But many hate The Trio.

However, I'd say that the majority of Fans with a capital F as opposed to casual fans, love Spike, are Spuffy shippers, and love S6.

I have two volumes of lit research based on Buffy, and most of the essays that critically analyze the show are favorable for the entire series, and most find Spike to be an important character.

When you've seen the entire corpus, remind me to post the links to Slayage and some of the academic Buffy studies.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The creator of the Buffy-Stakes-Edward vid speaks out...

http://www.wimnonline.org/WIMNsVoicesBlog/?p=1272

Quote:

The response online has been swift, enthusiastic and overwhelming. Apparently I touched a nerve. Seems a lot of people thought it was about time the Slayer did something about Edward Cullen from the Twilight series (who, in case you are not familiar, is a vampire that glitters like diamonds in the sunlight to attract prey — sorta like a stalky My Little Pony with fangs). In the 11 days since I posted the remix online it has been viewed more than 950,000 times (and growing by the day), and has been translated by volunteers into 16 languages, including Slovenian, Tagalog and Bahasa Indonesian via the website dotSUB.com.

On the whole, the reaction to the video has been tremendously positive — even in such outlets as Perez Hilton’s blog, on Entertainment Weekly’s Pop Watch. Jezebel.com, a popular blog on celebrity, sex and fashion for women, headlined their post: “Buffy Shuts Down Edward Cullen In The Best Clip Ever.” And just yesterday, the top of the front page of the Los Angeles Times’ online entertainment section links to their TV blog’s post about the mashup (they interviewed me and sought responses from viewers):

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good catch...thanks, Gate.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, Seeing Red really ripped up the fandom. In fact, it was after S6 that I sought out online Buffy sites...until then I was *content* just being a viewer....

Most Spuffy/Spike fans take the rape scene with a big dose of salt, for several reasons. 1, as Dax said, Spike was indeed a very bad ass vamp, trying his best to redeem himself with NO SOUL, so, yeah, he's gonna make mistakes. 2, most argue that Spike and Buffy routinely used violence as foreplay, and she could have easily kicked his ass and stopped the rape - she's the SLAYER!!! - and the writers dropped the ball there by forcing a situation that really didn't fit the show. 3, major redemption with the soul-getting, BY CHOICE, unlike another certain broody boy who had a soul thrust unwillingly upon him. 4, well, the big big redemption still to come..........

(Marsters has said this was the hardest scene of his career and he will never do a rape scene again...)

But....

arguably an even bigger controversy was the result of Tara's death. Joss had to defend himself against charges he was promoting the *lesbians die or go psycho* trope (which I'm not real familiar with), homophobia, misogyny, and even charges that he was gay-bashing.

http://www.dykesvision.com/en/articles/homophobia.html

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I read that article and I totally disagree. How ridiculous that Joss even had to defend himself against those charges. I hated the fact that Tara died but understood that it was integral to the storyline. Willow was doing so well in her 'sobriety' from witchcraft at the time. It was the ONLY thing that could make her totally lose it like she did and those were awesome and amazing episodes. Alyson Hannigan has always been able to make me laugh as well as make me cry, but when Willow went total badass, she was scary as shit! I have so much respect for her as an actress now. She can really do it all.

Meant to mention above how much I love AH. She's my fav character after Spike. It might have to do with the fact that I'm more like her than Buffy, :P plus...stupid Buffy not googly eyed over Spike 24/7? I was nerdier than Willow in Jr. High, and went thru a DarkWillow phase myself....

A lot of folks hated the Magic=Crack analogy. I did too, first time thru. I wanted the show to be smarter about the analogy. More like Magic=Food : must eat, should not have to give it up entirely. Must be sensible, healthy, make good choices. So, magic is a gift to be used wisely, responsibly. Making it so much about dependency was a mistake, as they discovered in S7 when they had to rewrite the analogy anyway (imo).

Give yourself AH whiplash in one siiting (or one week) and see how she developed: Watch
S1 - The Puppet Show
S3 - The Wish/Dopplegangland
S5 - Tough Love
S6 - Tabula Rasa/Two to Go/Grave
S7 - Empty Places/Chosen

Quote:

We watched two more tonight.......they were unimpressive to me. At this juncture, Season 7 seems to be lacking the cohesiveness and continuity of seasons 5 and 6 and I'm a wee bit disappointed. But just a little.....I KNOW it will get better!

Which did you think unimpressive? I hope not "Him" - I admit, a dumb episode many don't like, but my all time favorite *giggle* eppy....especially Spike trying to stop Buffy in the school parking lot outside Wood's window ... :lmfao:

Many people dislike S7, and you hit on one reason - lack of cohesion, especially with the Scoobies all together. Other complaints - Buffy's house as Slayer Central... (you'll see), Buffy speechifying all the time. BUT, the writers told a fantastic eppy in Storyteller, where they make fun of the season. They kinda sorta knew the season flaws, but felt compelled to *go there* I guess....

Personally, I like S7 a lot, but for specific scenes and character development. Most episodes, taken as a whole, were indeed flawed, and the overall arc was not developed correctly, most say (and I agree) but the fandom problem is that different people have different reasons it didn't work and different solutions. No one can pinpoint specifics....lol.

Big favs--

Conversations With Dead People (Amber Benson wouldn't return...)
Showtime (pant and fan myself...)
Storyteller
Lies My Parents Told Me (Tho many HATE this one)
The final three, especially Touched/Chosen

Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 6 2009, 12:43 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 6 2009, 03:47 PM
KMInfinity
Jul 6 2009, 12:41 PM
Which did you think unimpressive? I hope not "Him" - I admit, a dumb episode many don't like, but my all time favorite *giggle* eppy....especially Spike trying to stop Buffy in the school parking lot outside Wood's window ... :lmfao:
The two we watched were "Same Time, Same Place", where Willow comes back to Sunnydale but is invisible, and "Help", where Buffy has her first day as a counselor and counsels that girl that predicts her own death and Buffy is unable to save her. They were just okay. I haven't seen any of the ones you listed yet. "Showtime" sounds veddy interesting!

Yeah those two were weak, tho the Willow-is-out-of-phase idea was good it just didn't click.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax I love the Plrtz Glrb mini-arc...partly because it brings us Fred, of course...

Minor spoiler....Cheryl, The Groosalug is not gone! I actually came to appreciate the character.

Gate, do you mean the banner with the entire cast? or the kiddie Buffy cast?

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
<----Observe. dax remembers correctly...lol

Gate

KMInfinity
Jul 12 2009, 11:45 AM
Gate, do you mean the banner with the entire cast? or the kiddie Buffy cast?
The animated banner with just Buffy & Angel and the quote. ;)
I don't have one with Angel. Do you mean the one with Buffy on one side of the crypt and Spike on the other, saying, "'till the end of the world" .....???

That one is too big to host on my photo site. :'( I can't figure a way to load it directly to my sig....

Cheryl....Angel gets darker... well, there's some happy moments....Smiletime.....

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 13 2009, 10:34 PM
So Cordy and Wesley pretend to be Buffy and Angel and Wes goes, "I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!" The whole exchange was hilarious and of course, Angel walks in on the end of it. :P
One of the best things about Joss and Co. is that they really are able to *step outside the box* and see how to poke fun at their own stuff.

Like Dax said, the Summer Glau ep is excellent, and one of my top ten Angels....and (imo) the mark between light and dark Angel...

well, between gray and dark, I should say.... :P

3-11 is also a fav..

And the finale arc of 3-20, 21, 22... Some see it as a major misstep.....
Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 14 2009, 08:37 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great scene! Snarky, pre-redemptive, pre-souled Spike is the one many fans prefer.

Funny Angel fanvid..."Whatever"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=7055795

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 14 2009, 10:18 PM
KMInfinity
Jul 14 2009, 02:12 PM
Great scene! Snarky, pre-redemptive, pre-souled Spike is the one many fans prefer.

So which one do you guys prefer? I have to admit that I miss pre-soul Spike. He's not as much fun these days.

Me, I prefer "redemptive Spike." His arc is awesome and what drew me to Buffy as something beyond mere entertainment. Yeah I do think some of the humor got lost, but that was true for Buffy in general in S7. But

Stay spoiler free!!!! Quit looking stuff up.

Alexis Denisof was wonderful in Billy. His range is awesome and one of my very favorite things about Angel. To see him in B S3 when he first shows up in Sunnydale, and then in the Angel series finale......

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joss Whedon on Dr. Horrible's Emmy nom....

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/joss-whedon-on-emmys-dr-h.php

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
DB has real chemistry w/kids.

Loved that episode.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
So cute. All the best to her and FP.

And once again the rumor of a Buffy movie....

SMG and her baby-belly

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 19 2009, 09:29 AM
So you guys were right (as usual). The Groosalug is growing on me, especially with his new haircut. That guy cracks me up. I swear, if someone had to told me at the beginning of this show that Angel would eventually have feeling for Cordelia, I would have said you were loco. Right now Cordy is off on some vacation with 'Gru', Fred and Gunn are literally making goo-goo eyes at each other, poor Wesley is left out in the cold and has nothing to do but obsess over the fact that he thinks Angel is going to kill his baby, and Angel/David B. is like......the most adorable thing I've ever SEEN the way he dotes on that baby. Wow......this show has definitely come a long way. I'm totally liking this season! We're about halfway through right now and digging it totally! :applause:
The Groosalug is an honorable hero. You'll see.

Which eppy exactly? Have you seen the "mmmmm Angel" babes? :tongue:

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
James Marsters as Buzz Aldrin in The History Channel's docudrama Moonshot - Monday, July 20th....

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/james-marsters-on-how-moo.php
Edited by KMInfinity, Jul 19 2009, 09:15 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wesley is my 2nd fav male character....after Spike, natch.... Glad you've come to appreciate him.

:::worried about Cheryl's reaction to S4::: Hope it's not a spoiler to say it is very hard to like Connor. (VK's performance, sure) Well, there are a few moments. I don't think he was written to be a character the viewers would identify with much. Dax said it above.

What about that season cliffhanger? :eek:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: