Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Buffy/Angel/Joss; Catch-All
Topic Started: Dec 31 2007, 08:17 AM (5,553 Views)
Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Fun.

Big Buffy Paley panel tonight. Will be fun to read all about that...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Scoop-Spoilers-Secrets/800035980

http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2714

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20080320
Edited by Dax, Mar 21 2008, 03:36 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bunch of pictures and three posts on the Buffy thing on Kristin's E-online page, too...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I need to see 'Crush' again. I remember the story, but not the little bits.

'The Body' is one of Buffy's finest hours. Tremendous piece of tv. Sarah Michelle's best work.

Did you watch Alias? One of Glory's troll guys is played by Kevin Weisman, Marshall from Alias...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
His character name is 'Dreg' (I didn't remember, had to look it up...).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
She's dead.

She'll get better.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Definitely my fave recurring character on that show.

You'll be happy to know that he becomes Main Cast...

>> So, what did you guys think of Darla on Angel?

Liked her a lot. Definitely showed more depth and range there than we'd have thought possible in her early Buffy appearances... definitely a resurrection I was on board with after seeing what they did with her. Big thumbs up to that story...

>> We're at the point now where Angel has fired Cordelia, Wesley, and Gunn and is all on his own and is even darker and broodier than ever.

How far into 2 is that? Really good stuff coming...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Just so you know, most folks say Angel S4 and S5 are the best seasons, unlike the debate about later season Buffy.

I enjoyed 4 very much while watching it live, but have problems enough with it in hindsight that I think I have to rank 3 above 4...

Loved 5. Really wish there'd been a 6...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I may check that out eventually, but it'll probably be a long time before I'd get around to it...

Season 3, just a lot of stuff was really working... a great ensemble had been developed, and it was feeling like they could have a really long run from that point, with things as they were, the cast and character relationships that they had... I know Connor, like Dawn, is a big most-of-the-fans-hate-him kind of character, but I always liked the actor (and it's even cooler now that Kartheiser's on one of the tv's current best shows) - I wasn't all that bothered by him...

Season 4 - I like serial storytelling, of course, so I liked that 'one big long arc' thing about it, but... well, you know...

The premise revamp (pun) for Season 5 had me really nervous going in... and then I was totally fine with it. And I was delighted by the additions to the cast...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Head needed more time with his family in England, so Giles is around less. You'll still see him, but... less.

Happy surprise- you get one more year of Angel than you previously thought...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI - phi-phenomenon is really interesting... I don't understand all of his method, and got a headache trying to get through some of the explanations, but... It's fun stuff (both the Buffy and the sister site on all the movies).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yay for Cheryl watching OMWF tonight for the first time...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
For me, 3 and 5 may tie, 4 a little under them, then 2, then 1 (it's not fully formed yet).

Buffy - I really like all of 2-6. 1, the show isn't yet what it's going to be. 7, it's not what it was, I think they screwed up the big arc...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow. You really did go through those QUICK.

'Bored now'. Awesomeness.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> I didn't know Willow was going to be quite THAT badass.

Wasn't that great?

>> My hubby doesn't like Spike anymore since he tried to rape Buffy. I must say, that was a shocking and disturbing eppy.

Part of that fandom divide that KMI's been talking about... some that WERE for Spike turned on him after this, yeah...

>> I am much more forgiving than hubby though and my Spike love still burns strong. He messed up big time and it appears he went through quite a bit of hell to atone for it by getting his soul back.

I thought everything played nicely. Spike did a bad thing, but for most of his life, he's BEEN a really, really bad guy. And then becoming a vampire with a soul... hey, that's a cool twist...

>> Watched the first two eppies of season seven because I HAD to see the one of Spike on the cross and it did not disappoint. Amazing acting from James Marsters in that scene.....it gave me chills.

Absolutely fantastic.

>> In one of the featurette thingies, Joss said season seven wasn't going to be as dark as six. I hope he's right. I thought six was amazing but definitely a little dark and depressing at times.....not as light and funny as some of the earlier episodes.

It starts OUT lighter, mostly... attempts are made, but I don't think Joss quite kept his promise there. Bits of 7 are pretty dark, too.

>> I love this show! Give me another week and we should be done with this final season.

And then you will be sad that it's over.

Okay, by not being in Season 4 of Angel at the same time, you're going to miss a little thing... Faith returns to the story over there first, and then Willow brings her back to Sunnydale...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl - How'd you like that end-of-Season-2 multi-parter on Lorne's world, and bringing in Fred? I loved that run, felt like they were really hitting their stride... Angel's "I am so not on fire right now. Does everybody see how I'm not on fire?"...

Angel/Lost. Yeah, you've got Jin at Wolfram & Hart, AND Bernard...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl - did you catch the appearance by Joss?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> No, I sure didn't! Who was he???

Numfar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFqzNxiTwY KMI had the dance as her avatar for awhile, I think...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl... get to Angel 3.7 and give us your thoughts... You ARE going to get 'hooked' in a way that I don't think you'll be favoring your Buffy discs over the Angel ones, once you get a little further...

And look forward to 3.13, a Joss-written-and-directed that is a big favorite of many (and is the screen debut of Summer Glau, soon-to-be-of-Firefly).

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Angel himself seems a little lighter and funnier in this season......I love that. David B. is such a cutie when he gets to play goofy which is so rare for his famously broody character.

Agree, but... not to turn you off, but some darker stuff is coming. 'Tis true... but hey, some happy and light stuff, too... there's balance there...

>> because he found out that Buffy was alive

Oh, wasn't that cool, too, the end-of-2, with the gang just getting back from their adventure, and there's Willow, with sad news...? I really liked that...

Oh, and (earlier in the season) that Willow/Cordy phone call where Cordy hilariously learned of Willow's newfound persuasion? I LOVED that scene, laughed so hard at Cordy's 'oops' reaction...

You've probably figured this out (with no ACTUAL Buffy-back-from-the-dead reunion scene, leaving Wes and Cordy to act it out for us), but Buffy moved from WB to UPN in Season 6, so there are no B6/A3 crossovers... B7/A4 kinda sorta gets away with one (Faith's return) without network interference, because it was Buffy's last year, so WB didn't mind, any more...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Are Angel and Cordy going to hook up? He appears to be having feelings towards her in the last few eppies.

We're not telling you.

How would you feel about it, if they did?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl, you dropped a few lines about 'Billy', but nothing about the next one... kinda fun and cool, the two-vampires-reproducing bit, isn't it?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> And we already knew that Darla was preggers from the ending of one of the previous shows

Oh, I forgot that was teased, first.

Cheryl - I can't remember... do you watch Mad Men? (and if not, you should...) -- Okay, everybody, don't tell let her know why I'm asking...

I like Darla, and the actress, Julie Benz. I'm not watching Angel and Dexter at the same time, of course, but I don't often think of Darla while watching Dexter... pretty different characters...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Damn. I ought not to have done that. Oh, well... something for you to look forward to...

It's a really cool storytelling device that manipulates this particular SORASing...

Re: Angel/Cordy... I just like... picture them as a couple, and then reuniting with Buffy and Spike. That'd be a fantastic scenario, right?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
The best Wesley stuff is still coming. We told you that you'd like him...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> You never told me that Alexis Denisof and Alyson Hannigan were married...

I'm in a constant state of denial over this...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> I swear, if someone had told me at the beginning of this show that Angel would eventually have feeling for Cordelia, I would have said you were loco

Well, it's logical enough to think the show might eventually go there (male and female leads, and the spin-off characters the audience already knows right from the start), but sure, the CHARACTERS had to do some emotional travels to get to that point...

I really liked that in the Angel pilot, setting up the show premise, and putting these two together. I mean, Angel and Cordy DIDN'T have much of a relationship on Buffy, but you're both in the same town, and you run into someone you know (and can trust, more or less)...

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> The story with Wesley is AWESOME. I feel so bad for him because everyone has ostracized him for taking baby Connor. And I never, EVER thought Alexis Denisof was hot until this storyline. He's been absolutely wonderful. I just KNOW he will redeem himself with Angel and the gang next season.

Yeah. He was crazy-good in the baby theft scenes, wasn't he?

He hooked up with a new and kinda unexpected love interest by the end of 3, or is that still to come?

>> The jury's still out on Vincent Kartheiser as Angel's son. I'm finding it difficult to like him even though the story is still good.

Good actor... unlikable character, but I really love this take on SORASing... HE'S spent all that time in a hell dimension, sure, he's gonna be really pissed off and have a personality disorder or two...

>> LOVED the actor that played Holtz.

Yeah, great bad guy.

>> Lorne is coming back, right? PLEASE tell me yes!

Yup. He'll be back (right away, or almost, if I remember right). I think 'Angel Investigations' is pretty much through, though... Season 4 is, like, one big arc...

Where are you in Buffy 7 now?

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> I don't even think he's that good of an actor.

I first saw him (and liked him well enough) in Larry Clark's movie Another Day In Paradise (fine little movie, but most remarkable for how incredibly sexy and gorgeous Natasha Gregson Wagner is...), then in Angel, where, yeah, he's not very popular with a lot of fans, but I think he did what was asked of him just fine... I think he's perfect on Mad Men. Like The Sopranos before it, I think everybody on that show is pretty much perfectly cast, performed, and directed. I never have any complaints about an actor's performance on either of those series...

>> We've watched 11 episodes and have 11 more to go. I'm trying to catch my Angel eppies up to my Buffy ones and I'm almost there.

Try to see Angel 4.13 Salvage, 4.14 Release, and 4.15 Orpheus
prior to
Buffy 7.18 Dirty Girls.

That'll give you your 'Faith's return' plot in sequence.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's true that we're often married to an actor in the role we see him/her in the most, or first... and I haven't re-watched any Angel since Mad Men started, but... I THINK Connor and Pete are pretty different guys...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: