Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Buffy/Angel/Joss; Catch-All
Topic Started: Dec 31 2007, 08:17 AM (7,077 Views)
Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I forgot to tell you guys.......Buffy airs on FX every Sat. and Sun. at 7:00 a.m. and it's a show I always wanted to see but didn't want to invest all the money into buying the dvd's. On a whim a few weeks ago I decided to see which episodes they were airing and what do you know--they were right at the very beginning, at episode three. So I've been recording for the past two weekends and we like it. Last weekend I saw the one with Buffy and Angel's first kiss......oh my! I can't believe how young David Boreanaz looks. The shows with Angel in them are definitely my favorite. No big surprise there, I'm sure. :whistle:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jun 18 2009, 09:59 AM
Cheryl come out come out where ever you are.
Sorry, bud.....I actually worked today with my brother.....physical labor even. I am whupped! :sos:

So I was telling Gate that I was literally dying without the board because we've watched probably eight or nine Buffy episodes since I last posted and I needed to dish! Seriously, I haven't watched an entire series so fast since we got the first season of House many moons ago. I am officially obsessed!

First off, one of my FAVE eppies was Crush, the one where Spike finally declares his love to a repulsed and unbelieving Buffy. I had to watch that one twice. But leading up to that, his little crush on her has been so freaking hysterical from the 'Buffy mannequin" to Spike stealing Buffy's blue cashmere sweater and he and Harmony doing the role play thing with her wearing it and acting like she was the slayer. Just so funny. And one of the eppies had Spike and Joyce watching Passions together and excitedly discussing Timmy the doll. Fabulous!

We are still SHOCKED that they killed off Joyce. I thought she was a goner when she was going through the brain tumor and the surgery and stuff.......I really thought they were going to kill her off then. But nooooooooooo. She survived. Yay! And then a few episodes down the road she up and dies out of freaking nowhere! Shocked......stunned.......saddened. We watched "The Body" last night and OMG.....it was just too sad for words. It was the first time that I was almost glad when an episode ended.....I was that shook up. But the performances of the actors in that episode were amazing. Especially Sarah Michelle Gellar, Alyson Hannigan, and Michelle Trachtenberg. I didn't cry until Willow started losing it and after that, I was a goner. Damn.....I just can't believe they really killed her off! :rip:

Tonight we watched 'Intervention' with Spike and his 'Buffybot'. I was happy to get back to the lighter, more fun stuff. LOL......as if Spike could REALLY be satisfied with a Buffy robot. I don't think so! One of my fave parts in that one was when Glory thought Spike was the key so she had her troll guys capture him. Then when he wouldn't tell her who was the 'key', he told them it was the guy from that game show where you have to guess the prices. And the troll guys go, "We will bring you Bob Barker! We will bring you the limp and bloody body of Bob Barker!" My hubby and I were laughing so hard we couldn't hear the rest and had to rewind! :lmfao:

Only four more episodes to go......this is soooooo much fun!!!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Jun 18 2009, 11:38 PM
Did you watch Alias? One of Glory's troll guys is played by Kevin Weisman, Marshall from Alias...
Get outta town! Of course I watched Alias......and I LOVED Marshall! I'm almost positive he's my favorite troll now that you mention it. I thought he looked familiar and he's just so darn funny and sweet. It makes more sense now that I know who is playing the character.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well, we watched the finale of season five tonight so we are done for the time being. I'm so sad. It's like getting to the end of a good book and you just don't want it to end. :'(

I thought the finale was amazing. I even cried even though I KNOW Buffy can't possibly be dead since I still have two more seasons to watch. I just have to tell ya'll how much I love Dawn now.....love, love, LOVE her! It hardly seems possible to grow attached to a new character so quickly but it happened.....I can't even imagine the show without her now. And I love her relationship with Spike, so cute. I love this show!

And have I ever mentioned that James Marsters has the most magnificent cheekbones ever? Angel who??? :bye1:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI! I want that Spike banner!!! :wow:

LOVED the headtilt video.....and the Tragedy vid is one of the best I've seen yet. And believe me, I've been scouring the net in the last week or two watching them all. Ha! Thanks for sharing. And if you have any more good ones in your arsenal, please feel free to post the link.

Onto my responses:

Quote:

Reaction to Riley and his exit in Into the Woods?

Well, I was ready for Riley to go even though I liked him so I was VERY happy he didn't hear Buffy running after him as he was leaving in the helicopter. I thought it was extremely creepy what he was doing with that skanky vampire chick. Ewww! LOVED how Riley and Buffy's breakup made Xander realize how much he loved Anya and his little speech to her about how much in love with her he was....that literally made me melt. I felt for Riley because everything he said was true.....Buffy didn't really love him, not like she did Angel. He seemed lost without the Initiative and playing second fiddle to Buffy. Leaving her was a smart move for him AND for us. Remember this quote from Spike to Riley?

"Sometimes I envy you so much it chokes me. And sometimes I think I got the better deal. To be that close to her and not have her. To be all alone even when you're holding her. Feeling her, feeling her beneath you. Surrounding you. The scent... No, you got the better deal."

Loved that! :wub1:

Quote:

Liking Tara? with Willow?

I liked Tara from day one. She and Willow are just so perfect together. Like I said in the other thread, it seems very natural and organic. I don't even miss Oz anymore. Hated it when Tara had no brain because Glory melted it.....was REALLY happy when she got back to normal in the finale.

Quote:

The Gift is a Top ten eppy. Love the scene at the end with the Scoobies and Spike under the tower crying.

OMG. I was crying too. Especially when they showed our Spikey crying!

Quote:

Yes the Spawn relationship is awesome...and a major reason that, imo, Spike....well, save that for S6 and S7 discussion....

You are such a tease!!!

Quote:

Joss is the master of angst and pain. This is on most fans' top 3 or 4 list. Even more than Buffy, Willow, Xander, Dawn grief, I love Anya's grief. I expected the Scoobies to be shattered, but Anya's confusion and pain was what hit me. I cry very time she makes her speech.

What an episode. I watched the commentary on 'The Body' yesterday and everything Joss said about it was so true. I didn't even realize at the time that there was no music in that eppy, I just knew that it was heartbreaking and disturbing and painful. ALL of their reactions were just so real. I agree about Anya's speech......she was so pitiful and sweet. I love her now....it took a while but she totally grew on me and now my hubby and I both adore her.

James Marsters' workout routine was definitely worth it. He looks amazing. It would appear that you and Gate have another person to fight over him with......ME! :rotf:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI--the Buffy/Edward vid was way cool! Of course I recognized a LOT of those scenes after just watching them. And don't worry.......I didn't read anything but the first line of that article or blog or whatever it was. I find that I generally disagree with the majority of fandom whenever they hate something anyway. Sometimes people just seem to get into shows, analyze them a little too much and end up hating on every little thing while forgetting to enjoy them and savor the moments. Luckily I don't have that issue! :P

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sooooooooo. A little birdie told me that my Buffy seasons 6 and 7 are on their way and I am VERY excited. Can't wait!

We've gone back to Angel in the interim and I have to say again how much I LOVE 'The Host'. That guy is so funny and he actually has a great voice! Definitely my fave recurring character on that show. And ANY scene in that karaoke bar is a definite winner, especially when the creepy demons are singing. :lmfao:

So, what did you guys think of Darla on Angel? I must say that it's taken me quite a while to get used to her as this character since I've been watching Julie Benz on Dexter for the last three seasons and she is SO totally different on that show. Kind of a sweet, delicate goody-two-shoes. So NOT Darla. You will be happy to know that Drusilla is finally rubbing off on me. She is such a nutcase, you can't help but laugh at her. We're at the point now where Angel has fired Cordelia, Wesley, and Gunn and is all on his own and is even darker and broodier than ever. I can't wait for them all to get back together again.

P.S. I had to google KMI's post too. I thought maybe it some kind of demon language!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
dax
Jun 26 2009, 03:15 AM
>> Definitely my fave recurring character on that show.

You'll be happy to know that he becomes Main Cast...

AWESOME news! I love that guy! :applause:

Quote:

How far into 2 is that? Really good stuff coming...

We just watched episode 14--The Thin Dead Line, with the zombie police officers last night. I have to say that for some strange reason, I really dig Lindsey, that crooked attorney that works for Wolfram & Hart. I don't know why.....but I do. Go figure!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 26 2009, 06:18 PM
*Hubby is a huge fan of Dru. :ermm: The eppy (Reunion?) when Darla and Dru Kill nearly all the W&H lawyers... :wow:
Actually it was the contracts department. :lmfao: Yeah....that was pretty wicked and gruesome.

Quote:

*Lots of folks Like Chris Kane (Lindsay). He's a hunk. In some of my very favorite episodes.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. He is kinda cute, especially with his new haircut. But as far as hunks go, he doesn't even come close to the hunkaliciousness of James Marsters! :wub:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Look at those abs.......and cheekbones.........sigh......... :wub:

KMI--I just noticed your avatar. I saw that scene of Spike hanging on the cross in one of the videos I watched and I think it's absolutely awesome. He looks so incredibly sexy in that scene. Can you give me the heads up as to which eppy it's from so I can get to it REALLY quickly???

Well, all is right with the Angel world tonight. We watched Epiphany, a VERY good episode where Angel finally came back to the fold after banging Darla senseless (thank goodness he didn't lose his soul!) and realizing his life wasn't so terrible after all. I think my favorite part was when he beat the crap out of a jealous as hell Lindsey after he tried to run Angel over with his clunker truck about ten times. That was awesome! I'm wondering what they're going to do with Kate now that she's been kicked out of the police department. I've gone from really liking her in the first season to hating her this season and now I think I'm liking her again after she tried to commit suicide and Angel saved her. Very cool how he was able to get in her house without being invited.

I'm hoping my Buffy DVDs will get here tomorrow. If so, it will be marathon time on a Saturday night!!! :cheers1:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So most of the fans hated Dawn? Seriously? My hubby and I both love her. I'll admit I didn't care for her the first few episodes but once they explained how and why she was there, I was totally cool with her. And I think Michelle Trachtenberg did an awesome job for such a young actress. Buffy needs family.....real family. Even if Dawn isn't her real sister, she still feels like it.

My DVDs arrived today!!! :dance: We already watched Bargaining parts 1 and 2 and After Life. Buffy still 'isn't quite right'. Will she ever get back to normal? Also, I noted in the opening credits that Anthony Stewart Head wasn't a featured cast member anymore. WTF is up with THAT??? Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me that Giles has been reduced to recurring status. I don't think I could take it!

I didn't realize that Angel even had a season 5. For some reason, I thought that show only went for 4 seasons.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jun 28 2009, 06:29 AM
Cheryl
Jun 27 2009, 10:17 PM
I didn't realize that Angel even had a season 5. For some reason, I thought that show only went for 4 seasons.
I knew when you didn't know there was 5 seasons of Angel so I just sent it to surprise you! Tee hee!
OMG, you are so right. I just checked and there's my season 5. Thank you!!! I know when we spoke about it, I told you I only needed seasons 3 and 4 so I just figured that was what you sent. Yippee!

Am a little bummed to hear that Giles won't be around as much in the upcoming seasons. I adore him so much.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 29 2009, 03:09 PM
From W'esque....

Cute vid of JM with fans after last week's performance in "The Importance of Being Earnest."

Love the shot of him on tippy toes to look taller in the photos the fans were snapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DaZip1iOls
I LOVED that!!! Thanks so much for posting. What a sweetheart he is to his fans. He's still a cutie and STILL has marvelous cheekbones too!!! :wub:

We're all set to watch "Once More, With Feeling" tonight as soon as my hubby gets home. I've already seen a couple of clips from it. I remember reading about this eppy way back when it aired. I seem to recall it received very good reviews. I'm so excited!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jun 29 2009, 05:17 PM
Yay for Cheryl watching OMWF tonight for the first time...
OMG......it was hysterical! Hubby had no idea the entire thing was a musical so he was like :wtf: He laughed a lot though so I think he liked it.

My favorite parts were all of the Spike songs (like....duh!), the dancing and singing vampires Buffy was fighting with at the very beginning, and the dancing janitors with their brooms out in the street. LOLOL!!! What a brilliantly written episode! Anthony Stewart Head, James Marsters, and Amber Benson all have amazing voices! Michelle Trachentenberg is a great dancer too. I want to watch this one again. I love musicals!

OMG #2.......we watched Smashed.......the one where Buffy and Spike 'do it' (and holy moly, do they EVER!) for the first time. Hubby was freaking out (in a good way). That was just too cool with the two of them practically killing each other and then making love while the house was falling down around them. Very, VERY cool! I'm dying to watch the next one but we had already watched three so we're saving it for tomorrow.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 30 2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.absurdtrivia.com/quiz/002666/once-more-with-feeling-quiz/

Fandom is sharply split over Smashed and what follows.
I didn't do so well on the quiz......only got 42%. Guess I really DO need to watch it again.

Well, I can only speak for myself and the hubby and we both loved Smashed. I've watched the next tow after it and love them too. Fandom, schmandom! :blah:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So last night we watched Doublemeat Palace (ewwww!), Dead Things, and Older and Far Away, where they're celebrating Buffy's birthday and they all get trapped inside her house.

I'm curious as to what the 'fandom' didn't like? Did they not like the turn in the Spike/Buffy relationship? I'm really digging it. Since the only spoilers I really knew were that they eventually had sex, seeing the way their relationship is unfolding has been a real treat and a surprise. Like.....I never would have dreamed that Spike would have been so in love with her starting with his little crush/obsession and onward to them having sex now all over the place, even though Buffy obviously hates herself afterwards. I'm a little shocked at just how much they are doing it. Hubby and I were talking last night and we were laughing at how she and Angel only did it once but she and Spike are doing it anywhere and everywhere. Spike banging invisible Buffy, getting caught by Xander and then acting like he was doing pushups was hysterical, BTW. I am soooo loving this and can't wait to see what happens when the rest of the gang finds out about Buffy and Spike's little extracurricular activities. At this point, Buffy has admitted it to Tara and she's the only one who knows.

I just gotta say one thing though.......James Marsters is sooooo freaking sexy. Whoah! :worthy:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jul 2 2009, 09:30 PM
First, you have the BAngels, who never got over Angel leaving the show. (You will LOVE Angel S5, which deals with this issue a bit. Can't say much more without major spoilage....but it is awesome....)
Well, I wasn't too happy when Angel left the show either, as you might recall. But once I got into it again (after about a year!), I realized the show was just as good without him. I would think they should have been thrilled. Instead of one hour of Buffy with just a little bit of Angel peppered in here or there, they got two hours of both shows and a WHOLE LOTTA Angel on his own show. I'm a happy camper......have no complaints on that subject!

Quote:

Then you have those who think the focus on Spike took away from the Scoobies. Personally, I see them as the idjits who never got over high school and always wish they could recreate those "Glory Days."

Oh pulleeze! Ever since Spike joined, there was never enough of him for me so I'm thrilled he's getting more air time in S6. I adore Xander and Willow but Spike is fifty thousand times more entertaining in my book. The one thing I AM missing is Giles. I remarked on it tonight when the hubby and I were watching. His presence is sorely missed and the show seems a little lacking without him.

Quote:

For instance, in S6 (so far.....avoiding spoilers) the Big Bad is three nerdy human boy-men. I loved the whole idea, that evil isn't always Grandiose Super Colossal HellGods and Vampire Masters but also rooted in the terrible and mundane choices of average people.

But many hate The Trio.

They ARE kind of annoying but I don't hate them. I agree that it's cool to have the villain be human for once and not a demon or a vampire (or a God!). Maybe Whedon didn't do as well with the adult-themed shows. I have to admit that Buffy working in the fast food restaurant is downright depressing. But it's still fabulously entertaining. I think some people just live to analyze and criticize.

Quote:

However, I'd say that the majority of Fans with a capital F as opposed to casual fans, love Spike, are Spuffy shippers, and love S6.

Woo-hoo! And what intelligent, classy, wonderful Fans they are! :mad1:

Tonight we watched As You Were, which marked the return of Riley with his wife. We also watched Hell's Bells (Xander and Anya's non-wedding. I could kill Xander for dumping Anya at the altar!) And last but not least was Normal Again, an extremely disturbing eppy where Buffy thinks she's in a mental ward and her real life is a delusion. Not one of my favorite eppies. I'm a little sad because she finally broke off her little sexcapade relationship with Spike. I have to admit, it was pretty funny when Riley walked in on the two of them naked on Spike's crypt. :lmfao:
Quote:

Seems a lot of people thought it was about time the Slayer did something about Edward Cullen from the Twilight series (who, in case you are not familiar, is a vampire that glitters like diamonds in the sunlight to attract prey — sorta like a stalky My Little Pony with fangs).

This cracks me up so bad!!! That video is awesome......very well done.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I am so sad. Tara is dead. This REALLY sucks. I adore Amber Benson! No wonder Willow and Tara got back together and were so annoyingly lovey-dovey there for a couple of episodes. They were lulling us into la-la land to then strike at the end of Seeing Red by killing off one of my favorite characters.

I am SO HAPPY that badass Willow used her dark magic to kill that a-hole, Warren. He deserved it! :plzdie:

Now, if I only knew what my Spikey is up to. :blink: Only two more left in season six. Can you believe we watched an entire season in ONE week?!?

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, done with season six. I didn't know Willow was going to be quite THAT badass. Be careful what you wish for! It was an awesome last two episodes, especially when Giles came back. I loved that! Cool to see Xander save the day too. My hubby doesn't like Spike anymore since he tried to rape Buffy. I must say, that was a shocking and disturbing eppy. I am much more forgiving than hubby though and my Spike love still burns strong. He messed up big time and it appears he went through quite a bit of hell to atone for it by getting his soul back.

Watched the first two eppies of season seven because I HAD to see the one of Spike on the cross and it did not disappoint. Amazing acting from James Marsters in that scene.....it gave me chills. In one of the featurette thingies, Joss said season seven wasn't going to be as dark as six. I hope he's right. I thought six was amazing but definitely a little dark and depressing at times.....not as light and funny as some of the earlier episodes.

I love this show! Give me another week and we should be done with this final season. ^o)

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

It starts OUT lighter, mostly... attempts are made, but I don't think Joss quite kept his promise there. Bits of 7 are pretty dark, too.

Well, from watching the first two eppies, I don't think he kept his promise either. I thought they were pretty dark, but mostly that is the Spike stuff. He is REALLY effed up right now.....a little scary and weird! I love the new principal at the high school. At first I assumed he would be bad but now I'm not so sure. Oh! I loved it when Spike was hallucinating and we got to see Warren, Glory, Adam, the Mayor....all of the baddies from the past. Way cool!
Quote:

And then you will be sad that it's over.

Okay, by not being in Season 4 of Angel at the same time, you're going to miss a little thing... Faith returns to the story over there first, and then Willow brings her back to Sunnydale...

I know......you're totally right. But as I mentioned before, we only have a small window of time to do these marathons before my hubby starts back to school. Once he starts back, his t.v. viewing will be minimal and we like to watch this series together. I started out trying to coincide the Buffy with Angel but it's a pain in the ass. At least when Buffy is over I'll a ton more Angel seasons to finish. Woo-hoo!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jul 5 2009, 06:10 PM
Most Spuffy/Spike fans take the rape scene with a big dose of salt, for several reasons. 1, as Dax said, Spike was indeed a very bad ass vamp, trying his best to redeem himself with NO SOUL, so, yeah, he's gonna make mistakes. 2, most argue that Spike and Buffy routinely used violence as foreplay, and she could have easily kicked his ass and stopped the rape - she's the SLAYER!!! - and the writers dropped the ball there by forcing a situation that really didn't fit the show. 3, major redemption with the soul-getting, BY CHOICE, unlike another certain broody boy who had a soul thrust unwillingly upon him. 4, well, the big big redemption still to come..........

I agree with all those reasons except for number four because I'm obviously not there yet. Can't wait to see what the BIG redemption is. As much as I love 'broody boy' (ahem.....OUR Angel), I have to agree that the big difference between the two is that Spike earned his soul the hard way and by his own choice whereas Angel's was returned to him as a curse. I loved Spike and Buffy's violent foreplay once I got used to it. They are a trip and a half!
Quote:

(Marsters has said this was the hardest scene of his career and he will never do a rape scene again...)

I read somewhere that he said this in the commentary to Seeing Red but there wasn't any commentary for that eppy on my dvd. Did he say it in another interview? That must have been so difficult for him.....it was really so very disturbing. I even hate it when they show the quick flashbacks. Hubby and I were so shocked.......I remember the both us going "OMG! OMG! OMG!!!"
Quote:

arguably an even bigger controversy was the result of Tara's death. Joss had to defend himself against charges he was promoting the *lesbians die or go psycho* trope (which I'm not real familiar with), homophobia, misogyny, and even charges that he was gay-bashing.

I read that article and I totally disagree. How ridiculous that Joss even had to defend himself against those charges. I hated the fact that Tara died but understood that it was integral to the storyline. Willow was doing so well in her 'sobriety' from witchcraft at the time. It was the ONLY thing that could make her totally lose it like she did and those were awesome and amazing episodes. Alyson Hannigan has always been able to make me laugh as well as make me cry, but when Willow went total badass, she was scary as shit! I have so much respect for her as an actress now. She can really do it all.

We watched two more tonight.......they were unimpressive to me. At this juncture, Season 7 seems to be lacking the cohesiveness and continuity of seasons 5 and 6 and I'm a wee bit disappointed. But just a little.....I KNOW it will get better!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jul 6 2009, 12:41 PM
Which did you think unimpressive? I hope not "Him" - I admit, a dumb episode many don't like, but my all time favorite *giggle* eppy....especially Spike trying to stop Buffy in the school parking lot outside Wood's window ... :lmfao:
The two we watched were "Same Time, Same Place", where Willow comes back to Sunnydale but is invisible, and "Help", where Buffy has her first day as a counselor and counsels that girl that predicts her own death and Buffy is unable to save her. They were just okay. I haven't seen any of the ones you listed yet. "Showtime" sounds veddy interesting!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, so we watched "Him" and I have to agree with most of the fans on this one-DUMB. Although I agree, the scene with Spike stopping Buffy from killing the principal outside his window was hysterical! Probably the best thing in the entire silly episode.

I am taking it slow with Buffy now because like a good book, I don't want it to end. So we're watching one or two here and there, and peppering a few Angels in between. I KNOW I will be totally bummed when I get to the end of Buffy 7 so I'm prolonging it as long as possible.

So I have an Angel question. We finished season two and are on to season three. In "Dead End" at the end of Angel, Lindsey got a new hand and then left Wolfram & Hart and left town. PLEASE tell me this isn't the last we see of Christian Kane!!! I LOVED him in that eppy especially. He was singing in Lorne's bar and it was so funny how all the demons were entranced, and even Cordy, Wesley, and Gunn were impressed and digging his song. And the whole time Angel was rolling his eyes. So freaking funny! But we're a couple into season three right now and still, no Lindsey. Instead, we have Jin from Lost, who I love in Lost but I want my Lindsey back!!!

And about Amy Acker's Fred. Does she ever get 'un-geekier'? I remember her as an assassin in Alias and that girl could kick some ass. It's weird seeing her so timid and nerdy. Do her and Angel ever get together? It's obvious she's in love with him, although who wouldn't be??? :wub:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 11 2009, 09:45 AM
MY Lindsey will be back but not for a long while. I just LOVE him! I missed him terrible when he was gone.
So does OUR Lindsey come back as a regular or semi regular like he was before or just for one or two eppies? And is it in season 4 or 5? Inquiring minds HAVE to know!!! I must tell you, I am certainly bummed to hear this news. :(

LOL, Gate......it appears the Spike love has been reawakened all over the place. Love your banner.......and mine, of course!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 11 2009, 05:21 PM
Gate (who is not about to give up Lindsey to Cheryl because he was mine first and I'm sure I can find a post from years ago stating that :P )
Finders, keepers--losers, weepers. Or in other words, TBSS, oh greedy one. The post is no longer here so he is mine, mine, MINE! :butkick:

Season 5, huh? Well that settles what we're watching next tonight. Angel, it is!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jul 12 2009, 02:19 AM
Cheryl - How'd you like that end-of-Season-2 multi-parter on Lorne's world, and bringing in Fred? I loved that run, felt like they were really hitting their stride... Angel's "I am so not on fire right now. Does everybody see how I'm not on fire?"...

Angel/Lost. Yeah, you've got Jin at Wolfram & Hart, AND Bernard...
I actually had mixed feelings about it. Thought the storyline itself was rather silly with Cordy being made the queen and that goofy guy that used to be the angel on GL was her love interest. He was just a dork. The GOOD things were what you mentioned.....Angel running around in the sunlight and taking such delight in it. And when Lorne's severed head started talking to Cordelia, I about died with fright AND relief! Lorne's family was pretty funny. I just love him so much!

Gate--you big bully......stop that and give me my banner back! You already have about 50 men in your stable. Do you really need one more? How about we compromise and agree to SHARE Lindsey??? :buddies:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 12 2009, 08:29 AM
Did you know that Andy Hallett (Lorne) died not too long ago. So so sad.
Yes. When it happened, I was still in season one and didn't know who he was but I remember someone posting it on the other board. I knew he was somehow related to a bar so when he started appearing on season two as the host, I was pretty sure it was him that died and looked it up. It saddens me so......I don't know a thing about the actor, but somehow I just KNOW that he must have been an awesomely nice dude. I'll never forget my introduction to him in the very first eppy in season two......he was singing "I Will Survive" at the karaoke bar and I was instantly delighted and taken with his character.

Quote:

Cheryl - did you catch the appearance by Joss?

No, I sure didn't! Who was he???

Okay, so we watched two eppies of Angel last night and two eppies of Buffy. And the Buffy ones were by far superior. I'm trying REALLY hard to slow down on Buffy but they make it so freaking difficult. Every show seems to end with a cliffhanger so I just HAVE to watch the next one ASAP.

I'm a little disturbed about the current storyline in Buffy. After watching "Conversations With Dead People" (Dawn in the Summers house alone with who knows what.....it was NOT her mother, was frickin' SCARY!!!), and "Sleeper", I do NOT like the way the Spike story is going. Finally we have him out of the school basement and acting semi-normal and suddenly it appears he has gone back to killing people again. Say it ain't so!

And Angel has gotten REALLY dark this season. We watched "That Old Gang Of Mine" and I was aghast at the way Gunn's old gang killed all of those sweet, innocent demons (I know.....it sounds really dumb but still, they WERE harmless). Including Merle, who I really liked and thought was a hoot. It was the first time I really felt the violence in these shows and I didn't like it. The cool thing about Angel is that they have so many 'nice' demons like Lorne, Lorne's family, and Merle. This eppy made me sad. :(

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 12 2009, 03:28 PM
Gate (who is busy plotting revenge against Cheryl and her Spike banner ;) )
Hey now.......who loves ya, baby?!? :wub:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jul 12 2009, 07:17 PM
>> No, I sure didn't! Who was he???

Numfar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFqzNxiTwY KMI had the dance as her avatar for awhile, I think...
Oh. My. God. I sooooooooo didn't know that was Joss! We laughed so freaking hard at Numfar's dance of joy.....and his dance of honor, too! :lmfao:

KMI--I remember when you first got that avatar and I had NO idea what or who it was. I just remember thinking that the little dancing guy was kinda cute. Now I know!!!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jul 13 2009, 07:23 PM
Cheryl... get to Angel 3.7 and give us your thoughts... You ARE going to get 'hooked' in a way that I don't think you'll be favoring your Buffy discs over the Angel ones, once you get a little further...

And look forward to 3.13, a Joss-written-and-directed that is a big favorite of many (and is the screen debut of Summer Glau, soon-to-be-of-Firefly).
I love it when you give me the numbers of the good eppies.....gives me something to look forward to! We watched 3.5 tonight so we're almost there.
Quote:

Dax I've been trying to tell Cheryl she will get hooked on Angel like she is on Buffy but she just won't listen. I will be happy to be able to say 'I told you so' again though Cheryl so just be prepared.

Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?!? Don't you remember that I WAS hooked on Angel and didn't care about Buffy a few seasons ago? It's just that right now, I favor the continuity of Buffy but don't get me wrong, we are still loving Angel.

Angel himself seems a little lighter and funnier in this season......I love that. David B. is such a cutie when he gets to play goofy which is so rare for his famously broody character. There was a scene tonight in "Fredless" that made us laugh so hard. It's right at the beginning and Angel has been out of town because he found out that Buffy was alive so Fred is mooning about missing him and asking questions about Buffy. So Cordy and Wesley pretend to be Buffy and Angel and Wes goes, "I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!" The whole exchange was hilarious and of course, Angel walks in on the end of it. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: