Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Buffy/Angel/Joss; Catch-All
Topic Started: Dec 31 2007, 08:17 AM (7,052 Views)
KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Random followup to Cheryl~

*It was Gaelic, in honor of Angel. :)

*Loved Lorne (The Host).. In honor of Andy Hallet, the Dance of Numfar (you'll see.) :rip:

Posted Image

*Hubby is a huge fan of Dru. :ermm: The eppy (Reunion?) when Darla and Dru Kill nearly all the W&H lawyers... :wow:

*Lots of folks Like Chris Kane (Lindsay). He's a hunk. In some of my very favorite episodes.

*Firing his crew---Angel is a broody silly boy.

Just so you know, most folks say Angel S4 and S5 are the best seasons, unlike the debate about later season Buffy.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 26 2009, 06:18 PM
*Hubby is a huge fan of Dru. :ermm: The eppy (Reunion?) when Darla and Dru Kill nearly all the W&H lawyers... :wow:
Actually it was the contracts department. :lmfao: Yeah....that was pretty wicked and gruesome.

Quote:

*Lots of folks Like Chris Kane (Lindsay). He's a hunk. In some of my very favorite episodes.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. He is kinda cute, especially with his new haircut. But as far as hunks go, he doesn't even come close to the hunkaliciousness of James Marsters! :wub:

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jun 26 2009, 06:26 PM
But as far as hunks go, he doesn't even come close to the hunkaliciousness of James Marsters! :wub:
Well naturally....

eye candy ahead...

Posted Image

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
LOL KMI!!!! Hubby just asked me what was so funny and I showed him the picture and he said 'figures'. Ahhh .... I love a vamp with no shirt. ;)

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
:wow: :wow: :wow:

Look at those abs.......and cheekbones.........sigh......... :wub:

KMI--I just noticed your avatar. I saw that scene of Spike hanging on the cross in one of the videos I watched and I think it's absolutely awesome. He looks so incredibly sexy in that scene. Can you give me the heads up as to which eppy it's from so I can get to it REALLY quickly???

Well, all is right with the Angel world tonight. We watched Epiphany, a VERY good episode where Angel finally came back to the fold after banging Darla senseless (thank goodness he didn't lose his soul!) and realizing his life wasn't so terrible after all. I think my favorite part was when he beat the crap out of a jealous as hell Lindsey after he tried to run Angel over with his clunker truck about ten times. That was awesome! I'm wondering what they're going to do with Kate now that she's been kicked out of the police department. I've gone from really liking her in the first season to hating her this season and now I think I'm liking her again after she tried to commit suicide and Angel saved her. Very cool how he was able to get in her house without being invited.

I'm hoping my Buffy DVDs will get here tomorrow. If so, it will be marathon time on a Saturday night!!! :cheers1:

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
>> Just so you know, most folks say Angel S4 and S5 are the best seasons, unlike the debate about later season Buffy.

I enjoyed 4 very much while watching it live, but have problems enough with it in hindsight that I think I have to rank 3 above 4...

Loved 5. Really wish there'd been a 6...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl, I'm surprised they didn't show up yesterday because my dad got his package yesterday.

Loved Season 4 & 5 and like Dax really wish there was a Season 6.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
This scene is one of my very favorite of all in Buffy, and a game-changer. The scene with Spike on the cross is the 2nd eppy in season 7, called Beneath You. So you have lots to see first. :P

dax, I agree S4 Angel has problems. A glorious mishmash of problems. Especially the end. It's mythic and maddening. But I have problems with S3 too, though. S5 is my fav. Really really wish there was a six. If you can tolerate excellent fanfic, a website run by fans posited that Angel was moved to Showtime, called Angel-No Limits and proceeded to create a full season in script form. It was rather well done and many like it better (gasp) than the comic S6. I concur.
Edited by KMInfinity, Jun 27 2009, 04:13 PM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I may check that out eventually, but it'll probably be a long time before I'd get around to it...

Season 3, just a lot of stuff was really working... a great ensemble had been developed, and it was feeling like they could have a really long run from that point, with things as they were, the cast and character relationships that they had... I know Connor, like Dawn, is a big most-of-the-fans-hate-him kind of character, but I always liked the actor (and it's even cooler now that Kartheiser's on one of the tv's current best shows) - I wasn't all that bothered by him...

Season 4 - I like serial storytelling, of course, so I liked that 'one big long arc' thing about it, but... well, you know...

The premise revamp (pun) for Season 5 had me really nervous going in... and then I was totally fine with it. And I was delighted by the additions to the cast...

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So most of the fans hated Dawn? Seriously? My hubby and I both love her. I'll admit I didn't care for her the first few episodes but once they explained how and why she was there, I was totally cool with her. And I think Michelle Trachtenberg did an awesome job for such a young actress. Buffy needs family.....real family. Even if Dawn isn't her real sister, she still feels like it.

My DVDs arrived today!!! :dance: We already watched Bargaining parts 1 and 2 and After Life. Buffy still 'isn't quite right'. Will she ever get back to normal? Also, I noted in the opening credits that Anthony Stewart Head wasn't a featured cast member anymore. WTF is up with THAT??? Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me that Giles has been reduced to recurring status. I don't think I could take it!

I didn't realize that Angel even had a season 5. For some reason, I thought that show only went for 4 seasons.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Head needed more time with his family in England, so Giles is around less. You'll still see him, but... less.

Happy surprise- you get one more year of Angel than you previously thought...

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jun 27 2009, 10:17 PM
I didn't realize that Angel even had a season 5. For some reason, I thought that show only went for 4 seasons.
I knew when you didn't know there was 5 seasons of Angel so I just sent it to surprise you! Tee hee!

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jun 28 2009, 06:29 AM
Cheryl
Jun 27 2009, 10:17 PM
I knew when you didn't know there was 5 seasons of Angel so I just sent it to surprise you! Tee hee!
OMG, you are so right. I just checked and there's my season 5. Thank you!!! I know when we spoke about it, I told you I only needed seasons 3 and 4 so I just figured that was what you sent. Yippee!

Am a little bummed to hear that Giles won't be around as much in the upcoming seasons. I adore him so much.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Awesome awesome site I stumbled on via a post at W'esque....serious statistical analysis of Buffy episode quality.

http://www.phi-phenomenon.org/buffy/

Spoilers abound, so beware Cheryl. dax, you will love it given your interest in numbers and data.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
From W'esque....

Cute vid of JM with fans after last week's performance in "The Importance of Being Earnest."

Love the shot of him on tippy toes to look taller in the photos the fans were snapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DaZip1iOls

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMI - phi-phenomenon is really interesting... I don't understand all of his method, and got a headache trying to get through some of the explanations, but... It's fun stuff (both the Buffy and the sister site on all the movies).

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 29 2009, 03:09 PM
From W'esque....

Cute vid of JM with fans after last week's performance in "The Importance of Being Earnest."

Love the shot of him on tippy toes to look taller in the photos the fans were snapping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DaZip1iOls
I LOVED that!!! Thanks so much for posting. What a sweetheart he is to his fans. He's still a cutie and STILL has marvelous cheekbones too!!! :wub:

We're all set to watch "Once More, With Feeling" tonight as soon as my hubby gets home. I've already seen a couple of clips from it. I remember reading about this eppy way back when it aired. I seem to recall it received very good reviews. I'm so excited!

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My all time fav...I just watched it again two weeks ago. (I'm in the middle of an S6 rewatch with a Buffy site I visit.)

I hope TPTB figure out how to allow the OMWF sing-along shows again. What a blast.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yay for Cheryl watching OMWF tonight for the first time...

Maria
[ *  * ]
Hmm...I must be the oddball when it comes to Angel season. I rank them 3, 2, 5, 1, 4. I didn't mind EARLY season 4, but I thought the end went on and on and on and on...I really disliked it. Season 5 was good fun, though!

I thought 3 and 2 just rocked, however!

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
For me, 3 and 5 may tie, 4 a little under them, then 2, then 1 (it's not fully formed yet).

Buffy - I really like all of 2-6. 1, the show isn't yet what it's going to be. 7, it's not what it was, I think they screwed up the big arc...

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Jun 29 2009, 05:17 PM
Yay for Cheryl watching OMWF tonight for the first time...
OMG......it was hysterical! Hubby had no idea the entire thing was a musical so he was like :wtf: He laughed a lot though so I think he liked it.

My favorite parts were all of the Spike songs (like....duh!), the dancing and singing vampires Buffy was fighting with at the very beginning, and the dancing janitors with their brooms out in the street. LOLOL!!! What a brilliantly written episode! Anthony Stewart Head, James Marsters, and Amber Benson all have amazing voices! Michelle Trachentenberg is a great dancer too. I want to watch this one again. I love musicals!

OMG #2.......we watched Smashed.......the one where Buffy and Spike 'do it' (and holy moly, do they EVER!) for the first time. Hubby was freaking out (in a good way). That was just too cool with the two of them practically killing each other and then making love while the house was falling down around them. Very, VERY cool! I'm dying to watch the next one but we had already watched three so we're saving it for tomorrow.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.absurdtrivia.com/quiz/002666/once-more-with-feeling-quiz/

Fandom is sharply split over Smashed and what follows.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jun 30 2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.absurdtrivia.com/quiz/002666/once-more-with-feeling-quiz/

Fandom is sharply split over Smashed and what follows.
I didn't do so well on the quiz......only got 42%. Guess I really DO need to watch it again.

Well, I can only speak for myself and the hubby and we both loved Smashed. I've watched the next tow after it and love them too. Fandom, schmandom! :blah:

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
So last night we watched Doublemeat Palace (ewwww!), Dead Things, and Older and Far Away, where they're celebrating Buffy's birthday and they all get trapped inside her house.

I'm curious as to what the 'fandom' didn't like? Did they not like the turn in the Spike/Buffy relationship? I'm really digging it. Since the only spoilers I really knew were that they eventually had sex, seeing the way their relationship is unfolding has been a real treat and a surprise. Like.....I never would have dreamed that Spike would have been so in love with her starting with his little crush/obsession and onward to them having sex now all over the place, even though Buffy obviously hates herself afterwards. I'm a little shocked at just how much they are doing it. Hubby and I were talking last night and we were laughing at how she and Angel only did it once but she and Spike are doing it anywhere and everywhere. Spike banging invisible Buffy, getting caught by Xander and then acting like he was doing pushups was hysterical, BTW. I am soooo loving this and can't wait to see what happens when the rest of the gang finds out about Buffy and Spike's little extracurricular activities. At this point, Buffy has admitted it to Tara and she's the only one who knows.

I just gotta say one thing though.......James Marsters is sooooo freaking sexy. Whoah! :worthy:

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 2 2009, 01:58 PM
So last night we watched Doublemeat Palace (ewwww!), Dead Things, and Older and Far Away, where they're celebrating Buffy's birthday and they all get trapped inside her house.

I'm curious as to what the 'fandom' didn't like? Did they not like the turn in the Spike/Buffy relationship? I'm really digging it. Since the only spoilers I really knew were that they eventually had sex, seeing the way their relationship is unfolding has been a real treat and a surprise. Like.....I never would have dreamed that Spike would have been so in love with her starting with his little crush/obsession and onward to them having sex now all over the place, even though Buffy obviously hates herself afterwards. I'm a little shocked at just how much they are doing it. Hubby and I were talking last night and we were laughing at how she and Angel only did it once but she and Spike are doing it anywhere and everywhere. Spike banging invisible Buffy, getting caught by Xander and then acting like he was doing pushups was hysterical, BTW. I am soooo loving this and can't wait to see what happens when the rest of the gang finds out about Buffy and Spike's little extracurricular activities. At this point, Buffy has admitted it to Tara and she's the only one who knows.

I just gotta say one thing though.......James Marsters is sooooo freaking sexy. Whoah! :worthy:
There are several factions.

First, you have the BAngels, who never got over Angel leaving the show. (You will LOVE Angel S5, which deals with this issue a bit. Can't say much more without major spoilage....but it is awesome....)

Then you have those who think the focus on Spike took away from the Scoobies. Personally, I see them as the idjits who never got over high school and always wish they could recreate those "Glory Days."

Finally, there are some who have a point that I respect, though I disagree. They think the writing took a hit in quality. S1-3 used Sunnydale as a metaphor for high school as hell. S4 and 5, Buffy is in college, still not adult. The overall theme of the show from S1 to S5 - the horrors of growing up, the need to belong, the creation of a family *not of one's blood* - this gets tweaked quite a bit in S6 and S7. The issues are more adult. Some feel Whedon and company didn't do as good a job developing those adult-type themes.

For instance, in S6 (so far.....avoiding spoilers) the Big Bad is three nerdy human boy-men. I loved the whole idea, that evil isn't always Grandiose Super Colossal HellGods and Vampire Masters but also rooted in the terrible and mundane choices of average people.

But many hate The Trio.

However, I'd say that the majority of Fans with a capital F as opposed to casual fans, love Spike, are Spuffy shippers, and love S6.

I have two volumes of lit research based on Buffy, and most of the essays that critically analyze the show are favorable for the entire series, and most find Spike to be an important character.

When you've seen the entire corpus, remind me to post the links to Slayage and some of the academic Buffy studies.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The creator of the Buffy-Stakes-Edward vid speaks out...

http://www.wimnonline.org/WIMNsVoicesBlog/?p=1272

Quote:

The response online has been swift, enthusiastic and overwhelming. Apparently I touched a nerve. Seems a lot of people thought it was about time the Slayer did something about Edward Cullen from the Twilight series (who, in case you are not familiar, is a vampire that glitters like diamonds in the sunlight to attract prey — sorta like a stalky My Little Pony with fangs). In the 11 days since I posted the remix online it has been viewed more than 950,000 times (and growing by the day), and has been translated by volunteers into 16 languages, including Slovenian, Tagalog and Bahasa Indonesian via the website dotSUB.com.

On the whole, the reaction to the video has been tremendously positive — even in such outlets as Perez Hilton’s blog, on Entertainment Weekly’s Pop Watch. Jezebel.com, a popular blog on celebrity, sex and fashion for women, headlined their post: “Buffy Shuts Down Edward Cullen In The Best Clip Ever.” And just yesterday, the top of the front page of the Los Angeles Times’ online entertainment section links to their TV blog’s post about the mashup (they interviewed me and sought responses from viewers):

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
KMInfinity
Jul 2 2009, 09:30 PM
First, you have the BAngels, who never got over Angel leaving the show. (You will LOVE Angel S5, which deals with this issue a bit. Can't say much more without major spoilage....but it is awesome....)
Well, I wasn't too happy when Angel left the show either, as you might recall. But once I got into it again (after about a year!), I realized the show was just as good without him. I would think they should have been thrilled. Instead of one hour of Buffy with just a little bit of Angel peppered in here or there, they got two hours of both shows and a WHOLE LOTTA Angel on his own show. I'm a happy camper......have no complaints on that subject!

Quote:

Then you have those who think the focus on Spike took away from the Scoobies. Personally, I see them as the idjits who never got over high school and always wish they could recreate those "Glory Days."

Oh pulleeze! Ever since Spike joined, there was never enough of him for me so I'm thrilled he's getting more air time in S6. I adore Xander and Willow but Spike is fifty thousand times more entertaining in my book. The one thing I AM missing is Giles. I remarked on it tonight when the hubby and I were watching. His presence is sorely missed and the show seems a little lacking without him.

Quote:

For instance, in S6 (so far.....avoiding spoilers) the Big Bad is three nerdy human boy-men. I loved the whole idea, that evil isn't always Grandiose Super Colossal HellGods and Vampire Masters but also rooted in the terrible and mundane choices of average people.

But many hate The Trio.

They ARE kind of annoying but I don't hate them. I agree that it's cool to have the villain be human for once and not a demon or a vampire (or a God!). Maybe Whedon didn't do as well with the adult-themed shows. I have to admit that Buffy working in the fast food restaurant is downright depressing. But it's still fabulously entertaining. I think some people just live to analyze and criticize.

Quote:

However, I'd say that the majority of Fans with a capital F as opposed to casual fans, love Spike, are Spuffy shippers, and love S6.

Woo-hoo! And what intelligent, classy, wonderful Fans they are! :mad1:

Tonight we watched As You Were, which marked the return of Riley with his wife. We also watched Hell's Bells (Xander and Anya's non-wedding. I could kill Xander for dumping Anya at the altar!) And last but not least was Normal Again, an extremely disturbing eppy where Buffy thinks she's in a mental ward and her real life is a delusion. Not one of my favorite eppies. I'm a little sad because she finally broke off her little sexcapade relationship with Spike. I have to admit, it was pretty funny when Riley walked in on the two of them naked on Spike's crypt. :lmfao:
Quote:

Seems a lot of people thought it was about time the Slayer did something about Edward Cullen from the Twilight series (who, in case you are not familiar, is a vampire that glitters like diamonds in the sunlight to attract prey — sorta like a stalky My Little Pony with fangs).

This cracks me up so bad!!! That video is awesome......very well done.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I added another 'old' Buffy thread and the Buffy Comic thread I found on the OLD GLBuzz board to the first post in this thread. ;)

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good catch...thanks, Gate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: