Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor ~ Micronesia Fan vs. Favorites; Game 16
Topic Started: Dec 31 2007, 08:16 AM (252 Views)
Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Attachment taken from the OLD GLBuzz board ~

Attached to this post:
Attachments: Survivor__Mi.html (108.46 KB)
Edited by Gatekeeper, Jul 3 2009, 06:25 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dax
Starts February 7th (with Big Brother 9 starting on 2/12). Ten players from games past versus ten newbies.

Spoiler stuff courtesy KMInfinity, who got it from survivorsucks and other Survivor spoiler communities -

Favorites, from when and where -

1 from Game 7/Pearl - Fairplay.
2 from Game 9/Vanuatu - Eliza and Ami.
1 from Game 12/Exile - Cirie.
3 from Game 13/Cook - Ozzy, Parvati, and Jonathan.
1 from Game 14/Fiji - Yau-man.
2 from Game 15/China - Amanda and James.

Place finishers -

2 that came in 7th - Jonathan and James.
2 that came in 6th - Ami and Parvati.
3 that came in 4th - Eliza, Cirie, and Yau-man.
2 that came in 3rd - Fairplay and Amanda.
1 that came in 2nd - Ozzy.

QUOTE(Dax @ Jan 1 2008, 04:47 AM) *
Starts February 7th (with Big Brother 9 starting on 2/12). Ten players from games past versus ten newbies.

Spoiler stuff courtesy KMInfinity, who got it from survivorsucks and other Survivor spoiler communities -

Mostly from http://www.truedorktimes.com and http://www.survivorfever.net/index16.html

I'm gonna leave off spoilers in this thread, except for the ones on Dax's first post above. It does contain spoiler/rumor of boot order, and major events, so beware. Instead I posted the links above, which are very reputable in verifyng the rumors and spoilers floating around SurvivorSucks and other sites.

As the season gets closer, the spoilers (usually) become much more detailed. Unlike the glory days of early spoiling during the first 5 seasons, most info - including the boot order - is known long before the end of the show. So don't go there if you don't want to know. There's already serious analysis of spec and insider info that has targeted who the likely Final Five are.

In China, I knew Todd, Amanda, and Courtney were the final three before the show began. However, the spoiling community had some trouble this time determining if Todd or Courtney won, and some "insider info" claimed it was Courtney. So even insider info can be wrong. Todd posted that he'd read all the spoiler stuff while watching and he thought Courtney was in a tie with him, or won!

In some ways I miss being "unspoiled" but I also really enjoy analyzing the editing choices and the way the show is put together to tell the story, and knowing the end allows you to see that process more clearly.

Good comments by Probst, and photos of everybody (I'm going to be very happy, with the good-looking girls factor...)

QUOTE(Dax @ Jan 3 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Top post isn't spoilery any more - cast announced - http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20168991,00.html

Good comments by Probst, and photos of everybody (I'm going to be very happy, with the good-looking girls factor...)

laugh.gif betcha with the "Fans" tribe being that cute, my 15 year old son might sit down and watch with me!

QUOTE(Dax @ Jan 3 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Top post isn't spoilery any more - cast announced - http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20168991,00.html

What a great article.....LOVED the section with Jeff's comments by everyone's photos! LOL about Jonny Fairplay's chances of winning ("zero"). I hope his teeth are all fixed from his Danny Bonaduce over the shoulder face smackdown. God, that was a horrible thing to watch. But kind of like a train wreck.....you couldn't turn your eyes away.

Parvati Shallow....haha, could her name be any more fitting?

But oh no.....my Ozzy has shorn his long sexy locks.....no more curls! bye2.gif He looks all 'citified' in that photo. *sigh*

I didn't take any chances with that top black spoiler post after screwing up and reading the one in the other thread. I SOOO did not know there were going to be that kind of spoilers in there. Normally there are just links to the spoilers about who is outed so I feel pretty free about reading the blacked stuff. I guess I need to be more careful in the future. sad.gif

So I was glad Fairplay left... not because he's an obnoxious, dispicable person (that's a reason for him to have STAYED), but because it looked like it was coming down to one of the cute girls going, and I didn't want THAT...

Nervous during the vote (though I remembered KMI's spoilers in the other thread that JFP would go 'early' - but not necessarily 'first', was it? - and in a semi-quit kind of way) because I was more-than-half-expecting the con... six for whomever (Parvati), four for Jonny, and the 'couples alliance' getting screwed.

I thought it was funny that Parvati/James and Amanda/Ozzy happened so... quickly... cool.

Also loved how everybody on the 'favorites' tribe was alliancing and plotting and behaving as if there WASN'T another tribe...

Fans winning first immunity was funny. Good for them, but I was bummed that the other side had to lose one first...

Not a lot of personalities registering from that side so far. There's the crazy lady, who only won't be first out 'cuz she got the immunity thingie. And... um. The Ozzy-worshipping kid, I guess.

But it's fun to know everybody on one tribe, at least.

I like knowing the Faves as at least 10 of the people were familiar. Early on it is hard to get to know people. Yau-Man checking Johnny Fairplay was hilarious. That was worth it that he was there and left as nothing would beat that.

BTW Johnny's kid with Michelle from America's Next Top Model was born in January.

QUOTE(blosslover @ Feb 9 2008, 09:19 PM) *
I like knowing the Faves as at least 10 of the people were familiar. Early on it is hard to get to know people. Yau-Man checking Johnny Fairplay was hilarious. That was worth it that he was there and left as nothing would beat that.

BTW Johnny's kid with Michelle from America's Next Top Model was born in January.

For awhile, I was wondering if there even WAS a kid and it was a con. See, this is how you overthink spoilers:

--Fairplay cons the players he's having a kid, "Vote me out."
--He hopes to cement his alliance with the couples, saving Parvati, and booting Eliza.
--His plan backfires, and then he "quits."

Nothing so dramatic..... fryingpan.gif <--me

So when slammed into the boat by Yau (excellent slow-mo watching again and again... wasn't Yau's fault, though). This was shortly AFTER the header he took into the stage when Bonaduce flipped him, right?

Bottom line- he hasn't been hurt ENOUGH, I don't think...

QUOTE(Dax @ Feb 10 2008, 04:23 PM) *
Timing of this...

So when slammed into the boat by Yau (excellent slow-mo watching again and again... wasn't Yau's fault, though). This was shortly AFTER the header he took into the stage when Bonaduce flipped him, right?

Bottom line- he hasn't been hurt ENOUGH, I don't think...

LOLOL! LOVED Fairplay getting slammed by little ol' Yau-Man. TeeHee! That was too great. What a whiner Jonny Fairplay is....you had to laugh. He was on Howard last week talking about Survivor and the Bonaduce thing and apparently it was only about a week or two after the body slam happened. He said he was still in a great deal of pain and that they took away all of his pain killers on the island. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the reason why he pretty much left on his own accord. I won't miss him. When he suggested they vote out Ozzy I was aghast. NOOOO! buttkick.gif

With all of the romantic hookups, it's looking more and more like Paradise Island out there. Holy cow! I see Parvati hasn't changed a bit.....still Little Miss Sexpot. I like her though for some reason.....don't want her to leave. But she had better not hurt James! I can see him getting all screwed up by her sexual shenanigans.....lol.

Good to see Ozzy, James, Amanda and Yao-Man again. I didn't watch the show back when Fairplay first aired, so I don't know much about him, except for the whole "my Grandma died" thing. Kinda glad he was gone after all the boo-hooing at tribal about his unborn child.

Good to see the fans win the first challenge. A nice kick to the favorites.

Amanda tossing coconuts up in the air is good television.

Glad Yau left over Parvati.

It has nothing to do with 'liking' them, but... I do find myself rooting for the favorites (especially in the immunity challenges) because I don't want to 'lose' the people that we know well, where I don't care to GET to know the newbies... when they merge, I want more of the familiar people...

QUOTE(Dax @ Feb 22 2008, 02:22 PM) *
The bag battle looked intense and painful.

It was insane. I was not liking the Fans after I saw one guy pummel one of the Favorite girls.

All in all I thought it was kind of boring last night but that's just me.

The big coup in the fans' tribe last week made for a much more exciting Tribal Council than this one... (but I had that extra tiny sense of 'suspense' in 'Nooo... don't boot Parvati...')

With Idol and BB and- shit, Thursday night is LOST - everything else, like Survivor... is oh, yeah, that's on, too...

I'm really glad we know half the people already, though. Without that, I might not be getting around to watching Survivor 'til several days after it's aired...

Oh......my God. How brutal was that reward challenge?!? I'm sorry....I'm a terrible person, I KNOW this but my hubby and I were cracking up when those girls from the Fans were getting pummeled by that skinny Erik kid from Favorites. First off, my hubby can't stand Eliza (he never remembers names so he calls her Big Eyes), so when Erik 'bonked' her on the head (BOP!) we about died. Then he went and flipped Amanda over his head....WTF? Hysterical! laugh.gif And all of the bared butts and body parts, those are always fun. Just a really fun challenge. Hmmm.....not surprising that I like gladiator movies. thumbsup.gif

Aww.....my little Yau-Man is already gone. And did ya'll see him kicking butt making all those coconuts in the basket? They'll be sorry! He was surprisingly good in the challenges in his season. Cirie was a little annoying this time and I loved her the first go around. I think the two 'warring factions' should have gotten together and thrown HER sorry butt off the island. She was just a little too drunk on her own power if you ask me. Your chariot awaits, sista!

I wonder what 'little Ozzlets' look like? I'll bet they're really cute!

Didn't see Cirie as drunk with power, she simply wasn't willing to change her vote. I didn't get the feeling she was trying to get the others to vote her way, though. Nevertheless, whatever she did worked to her advantage.

Fun to watch Cirie and Jonathan go at each other at tribal. I like Jon, but he doesn't seem to know when to shut his big mouth. Seems likely that it will be what sends him packing.

Would have liked to see more of Yao-Man but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

After the fans made the dumb move of keeping Chet and getting rid of Mikey B, I quickly lost any interest in rooting for them. And, with the "4-clique" having a little too much power on the fan's side....well, I was way happy to see the tribes reorganized.

That reward challenge was brutal. The way Joel was dragging Chet around was ridiculous. I realize he doesn't like Chet, but good grief, Charlie Brown. He should have voted Chet off when he had the chance.

Hope Jon's injury doesn't force him to leave to show.

Ozzy continues to be delicious eye-candy.

Cirie influenced the vote to her desire, once again. Not a fan of Chet's but it must have felt good to see Joel sent packing. I know I was happy to see him go.

Fun seeing Joel go in the same manner he sent two of his packing - blindsided, and over the more obvious choice of Chet. Especially cool that when they lost and were going to be going to Tribal Council, it just seemed SUCH a foregone conclusion that Chet was going, almost felt like we could skip right to the end... but, wait... (good job, Cirie!)

OMG! I meant to post about this week's show and then forgot as usual. What a great episode! How hysterical was that challenge? I have no respect for that limp noodle Chet but even I had to feel sorry for him as Cave Man Joel dragged him around like a sack of potatoes on that obstacle course. WHACK! Goes Chet's head against the tree. LOL!!! Did ya'll hear their conversation right after it ended? It went something like:

Chet: I hit my head.
Joel: I don't care.
Chet: I know.

Holy cow.....the creators of these challenges has to be downright sadistic. laugh.gif
I loved it when Joel saw the first 2 votes for him and knew it was Chet and Tracie but then when the 3rd one was read his face was absolutely priceless!

Hahaha......that really was funny. You could see the realization in his eyes when his name was read for the third time. "I've been had!" Although, how stupid are they to keep Chet around in his weakened condition? He is pretty much good for nothing at this point. I can hardly bear to even watch him. Bilki--I hope Jonathan doesn't leave this week either. Those promos don't look good. sad.gif

QUOTE(bilki @ Mar 11 2008, 12:02 AM) *
Ozzy continues to be delicious eye-candy.

I'll drink to that!!! And he is still so freaking amazing in the challenges and catching fish and other critters underwater. My own little personal Tarzan! wub.gif

The only problem I'm having with Ozzy this season is his hookup with Amanda. They are just toooooooo perfect for this world and I want see a huge lovers quarrel and some soapy action. laugh.gif

I was really sorry to see Jonathan go. Great player. I think he really had the game under control. he had the fans on his team organized to take Parvati out next and James....would have been a game changing move.

I like Ozzy, but I was kinda hoping he would get blind-sided...becuase then Chet would have shown a spine. The show did a nice job contrasting Jonathan's extreme pain and eagerness to play with Chet's lame-ass wimpiness.
Cheryl
QUOTE(Gatekeeper @ Mar 14 2008, 07:34 PM) *
OMG I soooo thought that Ozzy was going to get back doored last night. Thank you for small favors.

Thank you, Jesus! action-smiley-033.gif It's the only time in the history of the show that's I've ever threatened to quit watching. Ha! I was seriously distraught that my little hunkalicious hottie was no more!!!

The only problem I'm having with Ozzy this season is his hookup with Amanda. They are just toooooooo perfect for this world and I want see a huge lovers quarrel and some soapy action. laugh.gif

I hate to burst your bubble but I just read somewhere that they're still together....and they finished filming the show in December. That lucky beyotch. violent-smiley-077.gif

The show did a nice job contrasting Jonathan's extreme pain and eagerness to play with Chet's lame-ass wimpiness.

I'll say! Jonathan has to practically be dragged off kicking and screaming even though his life is in danger while Chet was basically boo-hooing and left the show over what.....a scratch on his foot? I don't even remember now it was so inconsequential. I am just happy he is outta there! I'll miss Jonathan though. He was a terrific competitor.

I so like Jonathan and really hated to see him have to go. Even brought a tear to my eye...then the show had to go and start playing that goddamned cheesy sympathy music. That moment needed no music, the raw emotions spoke for themself.

As much as I love Ozzy and want him to win, that would have been the perfect opportunity to blindside him. His confidence that he was staying was a little unsettling. If Chet had been faking that he wanted to leave, they may have been able to send Ozzy packing. I don't know why he was trusting those people.

Hoping that we've seen the last of the contestants leaving due to injury.
Dax
>> Hoping that we've seen the last of the contestants leaving due to injury.

TV Guide article spoiled there's another one coming... this week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2008 Invision Power Services, Inc.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Shows · Next Topic »
Add Reply