Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Beth Ehlers; Off AMC
Topic Started: Sep 28 2009, 06:40 PM (1,264 Views)
Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My goodness, now where can she go to be with "her Ricky"? I lost all repect for her when she pulled that move.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
failsafe
Sep 29 2009, 09:34 PM
Marg
Sep 29 2009, 07:00 PM
Beth's decision to leave GL and go to AMC, could have been influenced by Ricky but who really knows for sure.
Well considering she said it was about a million billion times, I'm going to say yes it was. It wasn't a (for lack of a better term) politically correct thing to say, the way she said it. It's one thing to say "this role is great, the opportunity is awesome and I'm excited that I'll be working w/ my old coworker." It's another to make it sound like you don't care if you read a phone book on camera, as long as you can be around "my Ricky."

She said that, and surprise, the writers believed her. And treated her accordingly.

She might be a perfectly awesome person but she needs to be a little more careful about what comes out of her mouth (which I think she has realized). Kim Zimmer and a few others can say whatever the hell they want to say and get away with it, but everyone else needs to tread lightly.
ITA Failsafe, what an idiot thing to say even if it is in your heart. She said she was leaving for "her Ricky" not a better opportunity. Persoanlly I thought the endless and boring Gush was part of what was killing GL. I never liked RPG as an actor and thought he was a little grease ball.

Krystal
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes, Dax, you are correct. Sometimes i have trouble with the quotes. If I left a job I would say it was for a better job, not for a boyfriend. It made her sound like some teen age ditz not a professional woman with a serious career.

I actually loved the caracter for a long time, but never got into the Gush duo, then as I said lost respect for her in the handling of her departure from the show.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply