Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Light is Out...; ...and crying like a baby
Topic Started: Sep 18 2009, 12:06 PM (1,750 Views)
Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
Win
Sep 18 2009, 06:45 PM
I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I thought they did a good job giving all the stories and characters a sense of closure. I'm not a huge Jeva fan, but they are the show's signature couple and it was right that they were sent off into the sunset together. I enjoyed the general air of contentment & happiness, and the sense that these lives would go on. I hated that Alan died, but loved Josh & Olivia salvaging that deep friendship from the wreck of their marriage.
Just some really nice stuff to say goodbye on.

Win
Great post, Win. :applause: It truly echos everything I was feeling today. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see Josh and Reva reunite. I cried the minute their theme music played. I believe its been 3 1/2 years since I last heard it. And, I can't imagine GL ending with them not being together. I will never understand why EW didn't leave Jeffrey dead. What was the purpose for the cat and mouse chase with Edmund? Merely to make Jeffrey a Richard carbon copy in looks? More questionable writing. Whatever! I was sad to see Alan die but on the other hand, it also seemed poignant after all the bad deeds he'd done to people. He died doing a heroic and wonderful thing for his son, and he will be remembered for that sacrifice. I am glad he went out with that memory. Loved Fletcher and Alex, and Mallet and Dinah. I'll never understand why they were broken up. But then again, I didn't understand a lot of things the past four years. I really enjoyed the bonding between Reva and Olivia. It seemed so genuine, and I think it was a good bye between KZ and CC. Loved seeing the small children and babies making us feel that Springfield and the future generations will go on.

EW and the writers did a good job with the finale. But somehow, I feel not only sad but very cheated knowing that this quality of writing could have been done all along. Maybe just maybe if it had, GL might have survived a bit longer. We'll never know.

It's been a great ride for me watching the show on and off for over 25 years, and the many wonderful friends I've made on this board. And, I will continue to post on the Y&R and Days boards.

All the best,

Edited by Paddy, Sep 18 2009, 07:14 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply