1990s 7 (10.1%)
1980s 21 (30.4%)
1970s 22 (31.9%)
1960s 13 (18.8%)
1950s 3 (4.3%)
I used to listen on the radio 1 (1.4%)
Total Votes: 69
When did you start watching GL?
Topic Started: Sep 18 2009, 08:43 AM (917 Views)
EONSFTFAN
[ * ]
for me it would have been the early to mid 1970's as my mom was ALWAYS a CBS watcher unless the shows were preempted. I remember her watching Ryan's Hope on ABC too but only because it did not compete against one of the CBS soaps that was on at the time.

I grew up on Search For Tomorrow, Love of Life, As The World Turns, Guiding Light and The Young & The Restless. I occasionally watched Capitol after SFT moved to NBC. In late 1984 I abandoned CBS in favor of AMC on ABC and Another World and Santa Barbara on NBC. While I was always hooked on GL, I seemed to lose interest after the Barbados storyline was resolved in late November or early December 1984.

It was only in the last 6 years that I got back into watching GL and recorded and archived every last episode from early January 2007 through the finale on Friday. Now I have one less hour I have to watch and record every day.

GL will be missed by its legions of fans but I stand by my statement that GL was only a shadow of its former self. They could NEVER match what that show was in the late 1970's into the early to mid 1980's.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply