Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~GL Spoilers and Discussion~; Week of September 14/ Finale week
Topic Started: Sep 9 2009, 05:41 AM (2,924 Views)
Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
Teakay
Sep 14 2009, 06:15 PM
Paddy
Sep 14 2009, 04:52 PM
I guess Wheeler will continue to destroy till the bitter end! :rant: :rant:
She does seem pretty intent on that, doesn't she. Dumb bitch. :taz:
Yes, she sure does, Teakay. :rant: :rant:

I sure don't see the necessity of killing off Alan.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luvbig97
[ * ]
wow, first day back on the new board. I have to say, my heart dropped when I just read about Alan. I am furious about Josh and Reva not being the endgame. I grew up watching guiding light and am so disappointed in this outcome. I stopped watching GL years ago, but I tuned in when talks of a cancellation began brewing. Now, after becoming slightly invested again, I can't believe they are screwing this up. GL, for me, has always been Bud and Reva. ALWAYS!

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Always? What does that word mean? Lol, someone get EW a dictionary, I think she's been using the wrong definition. :rolleyes:

Teakay
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
lexilou
Sep 14 2009, 07:23 PM
Always? What does that word mean? Lol, someone get EW a dictionary, I think she's been using the wrong definition. :rolleyes:
:rip: Like I said, Dumb Bitch....no let me reclassify that as MF Stupid Bitch.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
There just aren't board appropriate words for me to describe how I feel about her and what she has done.

BudRose
[ * ]
luvbig97
Sep 14 2009, 06:59 PM
wow, first day back on the new board. I have to say, my heart dropped when I just read about Alan. I am furious about Josh and Reva not being the endgame. I grew up watching guiding light and am so disappointed in this outcome. I stopped watching GL years ago, but I tuned in when talks of a cancellation began brewing. Now, after becoming slightly invested again, I can't believe they are screwing this up. GL, for me, has always been Bud and Reva. ALWAYS!
Sort of newbie haven't posted in years....

I completely agree!

I don't think I want a Jeva reunion rushed though unless they do it in a flash forward type thingy. Why can't Edmund kill Jeffrey? :fryingpan:

Scorpioww
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I cried again today with Phillip when Alan died. I think I am just so sentimental that the show is over that anything will set me off.

BudRose
[ * ]
Scorpioww
Sep 15 2009, 09:47 AM
I cried again today with Phillip when Alan died. I think I am just so sentimental that the show is over that anything will set me off.
I guess I'm out of the spoiler loop but Alan died?

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't believe EW did this. This is why the BEST show is going on the air. She never got what guiding light was all about. I had a feeling something like that was going to happen way Alan was acting. An end to a show shoulld be happy one. I've watched GL since I was 4 Yrs old I'm now 60 yrs old. I'm disgusted with EW. I hope there is no more sad things to watch before Fridays ending. I will always have Guiding Light in my heart.
Quote Post Goto Top

BudRose
[ * ]
I read a blurb on another board about TVLAND possibly airing GL reruns in 2010 but I haven't been able to find any proof.

I wish this were true as I can't fathom the coming weeks without GL and would gladly watch old episodes!

Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
BudRose
Sep 15 2009, 10:15 AM
Scorpioww
Sep 15 2009, 09:47 AM
I guess I'm out of the spoiler loop but Alan died?
Phillip discovered that Alan had died at the end of Tuesday's show. Alan was sitting on the park bench alone and passed away.
IMO, GL reruns would only be shown on SoapNet. I believe it being shown on TVland is merely another rumor. Until Telenext and P&G announce something officially, I won't believe anything.
Edited by Paddy, Sep 15 2009, 11:54 AM.

soapmom
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
:( I cried like a baby while watching today's show. Besides Alan dying I think it's because the show won't be there anymore. I am not a regular watcher anymore because of all of the changes but have alot of memories of the show. I am the 3rd generation in my family that has watched and it will sorely be missed. Although I can't wait to see how things end Friday I don't want it to come too soon. :(

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'd cry to, can't believe they did that. So upset, but i had a feeling the way he was talking to everyone(i'm a old soaper of GL of over 56 yrs and you get to know when something going to happen) EW wrecks everthing.
Quote Post Goto Top

southsidegirl
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

Wednesday, September 16th #15760

Rafe packs for the Army and says his goodbyes. Everyone has a going away party for him and then he heads out on the bus.

Phillip silently says goodbye to his dad. Meanwhile, the happily married couples depart for their
honeymoons. Rick gets a serious phone call and rushes to Phillip. Rick confirms Phillip's fear that Alan has passed away. First, Phillip delivers the news to Beth and Alex. James learns about his
grandfather while at Rafe's party. James breaks down in Phillip's arms. Rick reports that Alan had a heart attack. Lizzie is devastated but thinks she'll be okay because she has Sarah. Alex lets go of Alan in her own way. Phillip assures Alan that he saved them all and he truly is a hero.

Jonathan lets Sarah stay with Lizzie but is antsy. Reva takes all the pictures of Jeffrey down but one. Reva decides it's time to move on with her life.

brendajoyceyy
[ *  * ]
today show was sooooo sad. i loved ole mean, dirty, low down alan.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad they redeemed Alan before he died. I always knew he was a good and decent man, even if he wasn't always written that way. I was quite sad at Josh's goodbyes also, though I do find it hard to believe he'd leave his first grandson so soon after meeting him.

This will probably sound crass, but is that the way dead people look right after they die? I fully expected to see Alan slumped over or at the very least have his head move, especially after Philip jostled him a bit.

Oh, and most, well all of the time when I hear someone sigh and say something about having a beer, I do not expect that beer to be O'Douhls. :rolleyes:
Edited by lexilou, Sep 15 2009, 09:04 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Not the dead people i've seen, they usually don't sit straight like that. Unless Alan was still slightly alive and had enough energy to sit up. Oh well, whatever
Quote Post Goto Top

mozartkc
Member Avatar
Aloha:)
[ *  *  *  * ]
I found it odd myself. He would of at least done a face plant into the grass. I dunno. The show was sad today. Today should have been the end show . Having Josh leave? Really? WTF? That is not what Josh would have done. ARG. EW should be ashamed of herself to say the least. On another note:) Gate...YOU are gonna kill me!!! :) I was at work today going about my working and who walks past me?.........Paul Leydon! Of course I made an ass of myself! LOL I yelled ...SIMON!!! Im such a dumbass.....If I see him again I will kidnap him and chain him to my balcony for you till you get here :)

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
My only hope is that Josh goes to Venezuela (or makes an attempt to do so), Reva follows him, they somehow stumble across Jeffrey --never mind wherever it is that Jeffrey and Edmund are supposedly playing cat and mouse---and Reva takes one look and tells Edmund to fire away, she's going home with Josh.

I know (as in, in my heart, not from anything I've read) that Josh will find Jeffrey and I know it is too much to expect that he finds him dead.

mozartkc
Member Avatar
Aloha:)
[ *  *  *  * ]
I would LOVE that ending!!LOL or better yet.....let Reva put the gun to his head herself and say " Now that Im off my meds my mind is crystal clear you liar, rapist, son of a bitch....." and POP!
I know :( wishful thinking again....we can dream though can't we LOL

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
mozartkc
Sep 15 2009, 10:03 PM
On another note:) Gate...YOU are gonna kill me!!! :) I was at work today going about my working and who walks past me?.........Paul Leydon! Of course I made an ass of myself! LOL I yelled ...SIMON!!! Im such a dumbass.....If I see him again I will kidnap him and chain him to my balcony for you till you get here :)
OMG you saw MY Paul today? We need to talk. You cannot chain him to your balcony before I capture him again and stow him in my basement. ;)

___

I thought yesterday's episode was really great because of all the vets were back where they should be and I thought it made a lot more sense for Alan to die over Rick.

I'm still holding out hope for Reva & Josh before the end. I know I'm a hopeless romantic.... or is that a masochist???

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gate, I agree, if anyone had to die and I kind of wanted someone to (boy that sounds bad), Alan was a good choice. Now if the show wasn't ending I'd be supremely pissed as I'd like to see what he would do with his second chance.

I've read all the spoilers and RN's interview and I'm still holding out hope for a Jeva reunion. And if the show ends with Jeffery back in her bed, I will write my own future story that has her leaving him and going back to Josh. For me, Josh and Reva WILL be back together.

southsidegirl
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

Thursday, September 17th #15761

Olivia and Doris discuss their happiness and friendship. Online, Blake finally agrees to meet Frank.

Daisy learns she's been accepted to Berkeley but only has four hours to decide if she will attend. James insists that Daisy has to go to Berkeley. Remy learns that there is no record of his marriage to Christina. Remy reveal to Christina his news. Christina has news of her own. Christina reveals to Remy that she's pregnant. Cyrus makes Mel cookies and then they make love. Michelle and Danny have a surprise for Rick. They inform Rick that they are moving back.

Bill arrives with Alan's remains. The Spaulding family prepares to say goodbye to Alan. They toss his ashes into the water. Later, James and Phillip play Frisbee together. Ed divulges to Holly that they are going on a trip around the world together. Fletcher comes to Springfield to see Alex.

Josh asks Billy to help him kidnap Reva so that he can marry her. Billy warns him that she might not be ready to jump back into a relationship with him again. Jeffrey is on the phone with Jonathan and informs him that he might be able to shoot Edmund. Jonathan thinks he needs to go ahead and kill him so that he can come home. Jeffrey fires at Edmund but misses. Meanwhile, after thinking things through, Josh realizes Reva isn't ready to be with him. Josh decides to move to Oklahoma and then says his goodbyes. Reva thinks Jonathan should live in Cassie's cottage. Jonathan talks to Tammy and lets her know that he's moving in to the cottage.

BudRose
[ * ]
southsidegirl
Sep 16 2009, 01:39 PM
Thursday, September 17th #15761

Josh asks Billy to help him kidnap Reva so that he can marry her. Billy warns him that she might not be ready to jump back into a relationship with him again. Jeffrey is on the phone with Jonathan and informs him that he might be able to shoot Edmund. Jonathan thinks he needs to go ahead and kill him so that he can come home. Jeffrey fires at Edmund but misses. Meanwhile, after thinking things through, Josh realizes Reva isn't ready to be with him. Josh decides to move to Oklahoma and then says his goodbyes. Reva thinks Jonathan should live in Cassie's cottage. Jonathan talks to Tammy and lets her know that he's moving in to the cottage.

I need JEVA together before this show ends! WTH Wheeler? :firemad:

Can Jeffrey and Edmund kill each other behind the scenes! :violent:

Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
Huh? I thought Josh was going to Venezuela to get the Lewis office going? And, the story is once again making Josh look bad. Why does EW hate Josh so much? I'm sure the anti-Josh viewers are having a field day with this spoiler about kidnapping Reva to marry her. Josh was ready to kidnap Reva last summer, and he should be sensitive enough to realize she is still recovering from Jeffrey's "death." Again, just plain bad writing for Josh, but what else is new? This has been going on for three years, and IMO, Reva has had bad writing for four years.

I wish Jeffrey and Edmund would kill each other and be done with it. What a ridiculous storyline.

I would like to see Josh and Reva end together as well, but I just don't think that will happen. Not as long as BC and Jeffrey are on the show. It is so obvious that Wheeler has had an obsession with BC and Jeffrey. Jeffrey's character should have stayed dead. Most likely Jeffeva will walk off happy into the sunset with Josh alone! :rant: :rant:
Edited by Paddy, Sep 16 2009, 04:59 PM.

Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
Video clip from Friday's finale episode:

http://www.cbs.com/daytime/guiding_light/finale/video/index.php?cid=1168641587&pid=r_G0mstDY6_SKQ_1flFcb1c1qXlzWxPz&show=all&offset=0&play=true

Will Josh find Jeffrey alive and tell Reva? Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Jeffeva reunited and Josh written out alone!
Edited by Paddy, Sep 16 2009, 06:40 PM.

Lighthouse
[ * ]
I think we are all going to be surprised at Friday's show. More to come.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Lighthouse, Sep 17 2009, 12:17 AM.

soapmom
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Add me to hoping Josh and Reva have a happy ending with one another. I hope Jeffrey stays away!! :(

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Staying away isn't enough for me; I want him dead.

soapmom
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Lexilou- Me too, I was just trying to say it in a nice way!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: