Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Twilight; Spoilerish ~ Books & movies discussion
Topic Started: Jul 8 2009, 07:21 AM (1,965 Views)
lexilani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I didn't know about it until reading about the book here. I'll be calling my library to see if they can order me a copy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's not in the library yet. You can buy it or you can read it for free online until July 5. The link is
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It's not very long at all and I got it at Target for $8-9. Of course I needed it to complete my set!

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I found The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner Iavailable for download as a PDF ~ http://pdfcast.org/pdf/twilight-short-second-life-of-bree-tanner :D

Thanks Lexilani for the original link! ;)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I got the hardcover before the free pdf was available. :) The first printing of the book donates money to the Red Cross too.

lexilani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thank you both....I downloaded it and will save it to read to my girl Kayla. I'm so excited about this visit as it's the first time she will be with me without her daddy. She's never been anywhere without him. I'm flying to FL on the 19th and flying back with her on the 20th. I'll have her till the first of July. Actually maybe I'll print it out and she can read it to me while we're lounging in the pool :)

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Silly slightly off topic question have any of you read "The Host" aka the non-Twilight book by Stephenie Meyer? I got a copy, but I have yet to start it.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
blosslover
Jun 12 2010, 02:37 PM
Silly slightly off topic question have any of you read "The Host" aka the non-Twilight book by Stephenie Meyer? I got a copy, but I have yet to start it.
I have it but only got through 1/2 of it. I got so busy that I never had time to finish and now I have my Kindle so I haven't picked up a real book. I may download it to my Kindle and finish it. I like reading on the Kindle because I can make the font huge and I don't have to wear my reading glasses. B-)

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I just borrowed it but didn't start it yet.

lexilani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I haven't yet but it's on my list for wintertime reading :)

lexilani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I saw Eclipse yesterday with my granddaughter. First time in a movie theater with her (she's nine)...now she's headed back to FL with my son :(

We went to the 1:30 pm show and I was really surprised to see no lines, no crowds, and mostly empty seats. I bought the tickets online weeks ago so we could avoid lines lol.
Won't give away the movie but I did not like it as much as the second one. It moves sooooooooooooooo slow. And maybe it's just me but the fight parts...things were moving so fast that I had a hard time seeing them...I mean I know vamps are fast moving but hell the fight parts were the best scenes in the movie. I don't know...could be because I let Kayla pick our seats and we were just a few rows back from the screen.

There were a couple of funny lines in the movie....don't know if they were supposed to be but the few of us in there all laughed. First time in a theater in over 20 years...now I remembered why I stopped going. Seats are awful to sit in for 2 hours...a/c too cold and sound so loud it gives u a headache. But it was worth it to hear and see my little Kayla squeal with happiness over the plastic cup with Edward, Bella, and Jacob on it, and again when they gave her a little button to pin on her shirt.

She decided she didn't like the movie...but only because she switched teams in the middle of it from Edward to Jacob. lol other than that her eyes were glued to the screen the whole time. I think I didn't care for the movie because this part of the book was boring to me....I am more interested in the next phase and am looking forward to that movie.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm going on Monday and I'm soooo excited!

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I finished reading 'The Host' and it was excellent. ;)

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
The Host was good. I hope she writes more soon! I'm glad it ended like it did, I would have been disappointed if it ended any other way. Ian gave Edward a run for his money though! I think they will be making a movie from this book as well.

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
lexilani
Jul 1 2010, 07:17 AM
Won't give away the movie but I did not like it as much as the second one. It moves sooooooooooooooo slow.
That's how I feel about this entire movie. It's just slow and boring!

So is The Host the next book in the series? I thought it ended at Breaking Dawn. :'(

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Cheryl
Jul 3 2010, 10:42 PM

So is The Host the next book in the series? I thought it ended at Breaking Dawn. :'(
No 'The Host' is NOT in the series at all but it's written by Stephenie Meyer's. I *think* I have 2 copies of the book. I'll send you one of them if you want. ;)

Here is the basic info on the book ~
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/thehost.html

Cheryl
Member Avatar
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Gatekeeper
Jul 4 2010, 06:53 AM
Cheryl
Jul 3 2010, 10:42 PM

No 'The Host' is NOT in the series at all but it's written by Stephenie Meyer's. I *think* I have 2 copies of the book. I'll send you one of them if you want. ;)

Here is the basic info on the book ~
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/thehost.html

Sorry, bud........the link didn't work. I checked it out on Amazon though. VERY interesting premise, I must say!

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saw Eclipse on the 4th... a few times I laughed at other times other audience members did too.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Going tonight! Sooooo excited!

lexilani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
my son just took my granddaughter to see it (first time for him) and he liked it better than the first two. blosslover there were a couple of funny lines in it :) I didn't think it was a bad movie...I'm wondering if I'll like it better when I watch it again at home...you know ...where I'm comfortable lol....then the long drawn out parts might not seem so long.

let us know how u like it lexilou

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think part of it was that I was disappointed that I could not see it in 3D. None of my local theaters had it that way. Only Airbender and Toy Story...grrr.

It is weird how Victoria in this movie is played by Ron Howard's kid.

lexilani
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think I read the other girl wanted more money than tptb wanted to give her so they hired Bryce/Brice (SP) Howard. She looked so much like her that it didn't make any difference to me. When I bought the tickets online it said we were seeing it in IMAX...looked like plain old movie to me. Bloss did u think the action parts went by so fast they were almost burry? Could have been just me and my glasses sitting so god awful close to the screen lol

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
In regular, it didn't seem blurry, but parts were fast intentionally. I think they were supposed to be moving faster than the eye can see.

Jenni
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I had heard that the other actress was let out of her contract because she had scheduled to do another movie at the same time. She said she could work the schedule out but the Twilight people didn't want to chance it. Just what I had heard.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I LOVED IT. Can't wait to watch the dvd 20 times. May have to get DH to take me to see it again. I went to the IMAX, was never there before, with some girlfriends, which was nice too. It wasn't very busy at all, maybe being a Monday evening helped, but 5 mins before the movie started, didn't 3 guys (?!) come in and sit right in front of us. Of course the bigger guy sat right in front of the small me. Grrr. I asked one of the girls who had already seen it 3 times if she noticed any groups of guys those times and she said no. Kinda strange. Anyway, my only complaint (aside from Edward not choosing me) was it was a bit dark. I had trouble seeing things clearly, but that may have been the monster screen. Absolutely no way I could watch that in 3D though.
Edited by lexilou, Jul 6 2010, 06:17 PM.

amy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Saw it with my future daughter in law yesterday and loved it. I am a little miffed they are making Breaking Dawn into two movies. That book dragged on forever for me, I see no need for two.

My favorite thing about this one was the humor! I cannot really remember any humor in the other two.

lexilou
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Anyone see the new movie? Totally loved it (surprising, I know). My favorite so far. I don't think it dragged on and am ok with it being split into two movies.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes I saw the movie, mentioned it in the movie thread. I don't think it dragged either, and ended rather abruptly. Of course, if someone doesn't like the romance elements not for them.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm suppose to see it with my girlfriend soon. My husband is definitely going to pass on seeing it. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Movies & Books · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: