Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~GL Spoilers & Discussion~; Week March 31, 2008
Topic Started: Mar 24 2008, 05:58 AM (4,510 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

CBS SID "HEART TO HEART"
Posted by JaimeGL at the GUSH board
http://gharleyfanboard.yuku.com/topic/4056?page=2

Heart to Heart
As Olivia desperately clings to life this week on GUIDING LIGHT; her unlikely friendship with Gus takes a dramatic turn when he dies in a motorcycle accident... and she gets his heart! As Olivia struggles to accept her fate -- -- and Gus' -- -- his demise shatters Springfield and changes many relationships forever.

Good News, Bad News!
As the week begins, Ava and Jeffery are thrilled to learn that a new heart is on its way -- -- until they see a mangled Gus wheeled into the trauma unit on a gurney. His, they realize then, may be the heart that ultimately saves Olivia's life! Meanwhile, not knowing that her friend is also nearing his end, the fading beauty prepares to die. "Olivia has been admitted to the hospital and is not doing well, but in many ways, she has made peace with the fact that this is what's going to happen to her," explains Crystal Chappell of her character's imminent death. "She asks Reva to take her outside because she doesn't want to die without seeing the sun one more time."

When Olivia returns to the hospital ready to say her good-byes to family and friends, she realizes that maybe she's not ready to depart after all! In fact, her already unstable heart is jolted with pain when she finds out that Gus was in a terrible motorcycle accident and may not make it through the ordeal alive! "Olivia sees that he's badly injured, and he has to go have a serious operation," Chappell explains. "So you have Gus in one room dying from his accident-related injuries, and you have Olivia in an adjacent room dying from her heart condition."

The Ultimate Gift
Though the two critical patients share a tear-jerking conversation that helps give Olivia hope, in the end, Gus dies from a severe head trauma. "Ricky [Paull Goldin, Gus] was a mess, and I was a mess; everyone was a mess!" says Chappell of the scenes. Adds Goldin: "Only in daytime do you get to love each other and be with each other for this amount of time. There's a part of my heart [as an actor] that is broken." Though Gus is gone for good, he will never be forgotten in Springfield, because his heart is passed on to Olivia! "She wakes up with a new heart, but nobody tells her that Gus died!" Chappell explains. "And they're not going to immediately tell her [that she has his heart]" Though she'll surely be grateful that her life was spared, how will Olivia respond when she finally learns the truth: that her friend had to die in order for her to live? "When she finds out, I think she'll feel devastated and that she's not worthy of it," Chappell predicts. "And certainly, she'll feel that if he can't be there with her, she doesn't want to live. Although she will see it as one last generous gift of his, there's no way that she could embrace
it at this point."

The End of Gus & Harley
Of course, since Gus was married twice, Olivia isn't the only woman who is crushed by his passing. While Liv bears the burden of having to keep a part of him to survive, Natalia and Harley reel from the tragic news that they will never see their shared soul mate again. "This opens a lot of stories for my cast members," Goldin admits. "It
leaves all my women at a loose end and a piece of me behind. I'm sure they will all turn it into gold." "It opens up all kinds of possibilities in terms of relationships," adds Chappell. "Natalia and Olivia are going to be connected, and they're going to have to deal with that connection. In the aftermath of the heart transplant, Natalia....is drawn to Olivia because she has the last physical piece of Gus. [There will be] a forced connection, and it will be antagonistic, but at the same time, I think there's going to be a lot that comes out of it that will be surprising." As for the lasting effects on Harley, Chappell says that it all depends on how Buzz' daughter reacts to the news, "Relationships are changing."

Though Goldin hopes to remain close to his GL co-stars, his dramatic exit is also changing their real-life relationships. "When you've been working with someone for months and months, not to mention how he and Beth [Ehlers, Harley] worked together so beautifully for years, it is very emotional," says Chappell. "We're all a mess [over Ricky leaving and the death of Gus], but that, to me, is good soap. I think in some ways, this has been a blessing. Ricky gets to be great, somewhere else unfortunately, and we get a great story."
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SOAP OPERA WEEKLY
Posted by JaimeGL at the GUSH board
http://gharleyfanboard.yuku.com/topic/4056?page=1

GUS DIES!

Gus breathes his last this week, leaving Olivia the gift she's been dying for: his heart. "When Olivia sees him wheeled into the emergency room, she's told it's not as bad as it is," sets up Crystal Chappell (Olivia). While Jeffrey encourages Gus to hold on, Ava takes Olivia in to see him. Gus tells Olivia he was speeding to get to her when he had the accident. "He wants to be her hero," explains Chappell, "so she tells him, 'You saved me.' He did, not by getting her a heart, but by being in her life. It's a devastating conversation."

After her emotional visit with Gus, Jeffrey informs Olivia she won't be getting a new heart. "She had already been preparing for it," shrugs Chappell. "She's actually able to have fun for the first time in a long time because she knows everyone is going to be okay." Everyone except Gus. While Olivia prepares to go in peace, Harley and Natalia cling to Gus a few rooms away as he dies. "Ava and Jeffrey downplayed Gus' injuries," admits Chapell, "so Olivia has no idea." Soon Rick (who himself got Richard's heart) approaches Natalia about donating Gus' organs. Natalia reluctantly agrees to give Gus' heart to Olivia. As Olivia drifts off to sleep, Jeffrey learns the heart is available. The transplant is performed immediately. "Only because she wakes up does she got a heart," reveals Chappell. "She's excited, and asks for Gus. Ava tells her that Gus is coming to see her, so she's under the impression that the donor heart is from a stranger."

Everyone continues to hide the heartbreaking news from Olivia, until Reva feels compelled to tell her the shocking truth. "Reva gets very nervous," says Chappell. "Olivia knows something is wrong. She's saying, 'I can't live without him,' and that's when Reva tells her she got the heart of the man she's in love with. It's a [terrible] thought that he should die so that she could live. She feels totally unworthy of it." Ava thanks Natalia for giving Olivia another chance at life, but Olivia's grief continues to take its toll. "She's in denial," sighs Chappell. But hopefully, her heart will go on.
Quote Post Goto Top

Amanda
[ * ]
Anastasia
Mar 28 2008, 08:09 AM
"She's in denial," sighs Chappell. But hopefully, her heart will go on.
Uh-oh. Does anybody else hear that song tuning up? Eeeek.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Win
[ * ]
SOAPTOWN USA

Harley and Natalia lay at Gus’s bedside, begging him to fight.

Olivia’s life hangs in the balance.

Dinah tells Mallet her true feelings.

Vanessa gets an eerie call from a stalker.

Week of April 7:

Natalia won’t let Olivia give up on life so easily.

Ava gets her wish.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I would have loved somehow to have Harley get Gus's heart instead of Olivia. I know it wouldn't make any sense, but it would have made me happy :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Manifan
[ *  * ]
Amanda
Mar 28 2008, 09:43 AM
Anastasia
Mar 28 2008, 08:09 AM
"She's in denial," sighs Chappell. But hopefully, her heart will go on.
Uh-oh. Does anybody else hear that song tuning up? Eeeek.
Yep. I did. :D

southsidegirl
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

Soapdom Fresh Peeks

Olivia comes through her heart surgery, but her elation is soon crushed when she finds out the devastating news about whose heart she received. Yup, you know what we’re talking about. Gus does not survive the car crash. His heart now truly does and always will belong to Olivia. At the same time, Harley decides that Gus deserves only the best. She proceeds to plan a huge funeral. Will Natalia and Olivia go along with Harley’s plan? Shortly thereafter, Ava tells Lizzie about Olivia and Gus. How will Ava react? While on the other side of Springfield, Mallet gets some surprising news. Dinah announces that she wants to get back with him. Is this a welcome surprise or a shocker for Mallet? The week winds down as Cyrus vandalizes Vanessa’s room, she catches him red-handed. Will he be able to talk his way out of this one? Tune in to Guiding Light this week and see.

Tex Longhornfan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I get pissed at GL and don't always watch, but I guess I will be here to the end. Today was very sad and next week is going to be even sadder. I will miss Gus.

Manifan
[ *  * ]
Win
Mar 29 2008, 08:46 AM

Dinah signs the papers to officially buy the Spaulding Mansion.

I don't see how she could possibly do this. First, she has no money. Remember when she and Mallet couldn't pay her hospital bills? And second, wasn't the mansion protected somehow from seizure by the Spauldings? Surely Alan had some kind of insurance that would prevent an outsider from coming in and ruining him financially and taking the mansion. This story perhaps makes the least sense of all of them. It might have been good if someone who knows how to research and write had actually taken the time to do so.
Edited by Manifan, Mar 29 2008, 09:46 AM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I agree Mani. Here's some stuff I remember about the Spaulding family/business. Some of it is contradictory since past writers weren't always consistent, and some stuff may be "outdated" by newer "scenarios" from later writers, but ANY info from past history makes this plot inane and impractical.

*The house itself isn't owned by the Spaulding family but is the residence of whomever is CEO of SE.

*The personal property of the family cannot be seized...(trusts, heirlooms, etc.) if the corp. is the target. If Alan's personal taxes are at fault, then nothing but his personal assets can be touched. This was a big deal in a storyline with Roger long ago, I think.

*No single Spaulding owns a majority of the company. Remember the board meeting with all the ex-wives? It takes a coalition of several people to form a majority. Plus there are non-family stockholders and a board of directors. Hence, this can't be about SE, only Alan's personal income.

Therefore, it should be easy for Lizzie/Alex/Beth, etc. to stay in the mansion, take over the company, etc. Alan might go to jail, but no way Dinah emerges in charge...unless these writers are smart enough to backtrack and show Dinah made major behind-the-scenes changes while she was at Spaulding that she can now trigger and manipulate .

pepsi
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Reva find it funny, that Jeffrey Married Olivia;
I find it dumb and crazy.
Why did they do this? Makes no sense, for Jeffrey marry to olivia.

Win
[ * ]
CABLE DAILIES

Monday - 3/31/08:
After his accident, Gus clings to life;
Olivia gets upsetting news about her heart transplant;
Dinah plans a surprise for Mallet.

Tuesday - 4/1/08:
Harley and Natalia face the toughest moment of their lives;
Dinah relishes her victory over Alan;
Beth offers Alan a shoulder to lean on.

Wednesday - 4/2/08:
Coop gets an important offer;
Vanessa catches Cyrus red handed;
An emotional Harley takes care of business.

Thursday - 4/3/08:
Marina blackmails Cyrus into a date;
Natalia and Harley can't see eye to eye;
Reva delivers shocking news to Olivia.

Friday - 4/4/08:
Harley continues to pull away from Cyrus;
Ava'a news shocks Bill

Deleted User
Deleted User

I am inlove with this Board! It looks cool. Oh next week will be a real hard one! I can not wait to watch it!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I am sitting here in tears just reading the spoilers. Man can you image when it actually will happen, how bad of a mess I will be in. Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Manifan
[ *  * ]
Myworld, this is a VERY cool board -- my favorite, in fact, because people here are allowed to speak their piece. Don't be discouraged or too disappointed if many posters don't always agree with your point of view. We're a diverse group. :) Welcome, and hope you enjoy it here.

2buddy4u
[ *  *  *  * ]
Manifan
Mar 29 2008, 09:46 AM
Win

Dinah signs the papers to officially buy the Spaulding Mansion.

I don't see how she could possibly do this. First, she has no money. Remember when she and Mallet couldn't pay her hospital bills? And second, wasn't the mansion protected somehow from seizure by the Spauldings? Surely Alan had some kind of insurance that would prevent an outsider from coming in and ruining him financially and taking the mansion. This story perhaps makes the least sense of all of them. It might have been good if someone who knows how to research and write had actually taken the time to do so.
If I remember right, last week Alan was puttting alot of money in an account for Phillip (Dinah). So I am guessing that is where she is getting the money to buy the mansion. Not that much they write anymore makes any sense.

Deleted User
Deleted User

myworld
Mar 29 2008, 02:15 PM
I am inlove with this Board! It looks cool. Oh next week will be a real hard one! I can not wait to watch it!
It's great to see you here myworld!

:clap: :welcome:

Oh next week is going to be so hard to watch!
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hold up. Ava tells Lizzie about her Uncle dying. Please tell me she does it nicely.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
Welcome to the board, myworld, and all new members. :clap: I hope you have lots of fun posting here!

Jeannie748
[ * ]
Welcome from me too myworld! I am also a newbie.
This board is so good, it's addictive!

Jeannie748

Amanda
[ * ]
Win
Trying to comfort Harley, Cyrus feels as if he is being left out of the picture.
Wellll, poor Cyrus. Or NOT!

Why couldn't Gus tell Harley to stop acting like a whore with Cyrus before he died? Or, even better -- to tell Harley that Marina is the one he really loved all these years. LOL.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Amanda
Mar 30 2008, 11:56 AM
Win
Trying to comfort Harley, Cyrus feels as if he is being left out of the picture.
Wellll, poor Cyrus. Or NOT!

Why couldn't Gus tell Harley to stop acting like a whore with Cyrus before he died? Or, even better -- to tell Harley that Marina is the one he really loved all these years. LOL.
I didn't see it, but I guess they wanted to give GusH fans a touching moment in fears they would totally offend them.

Too bad offending rape victims doesn't take presidence to large fanbases.

southsidegirl
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]

SON

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/gl/previews/15-Item/233-glpreviews033108

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) -- The loss of a life saves another's...
THIS WEEK ON:GUIDING LIGHT
Dinah makes plans to buy the Spaulding mansion and woo Mallet. Vanessa continues to get phone calls from her stalker, not knowing that Cyrus is the one behind the scenes. Harley is immediately asked to look into the matter. Marina learns of Cyrus's scheme and blackmails him into taking her out for her continued silence. Lizzie learns that Spaulding belongings are being auctioned off. When she runs into Ava, she gloats that she is moving in with Bill. Mallet becomes uneasy when he learns that Dinah bought the mansion.

SAYING GOOD-BYE TO ONE OF THEIR OWN...
Natalia and Harley rush to the hospital after receiving the news about Gus. As the doctors try to stabalize him, Jeffrey encourages him to hold on. When Olivia learns that Gus is there, she visits him. He tells her that he was racing to the hospital to be by her side. Natalia is forced with the decision to give her consent to have Gus operated on. Harley tries her best to comfort Nat. Before surgery, Gus and Harley talk, where he offers his apologies for not finishing her home. Harley tells Gus he'll always be the love of her life and that he's a fighter. Gus slowly succumbs to his injuries. Rafe is devastated by the news of Gus and falls apart. Rick approaches Natalia with the suggestion to donate Gus's organs. A weak Olivia asks Jeffrey about Gus, but he doesn't have the heart to tell her the truth. Cyrus finds himself on the outside looking in when Harley turns to Buzz for support.

Natalia refuses to make the decision to give Oliva Gus's heart but soon feels guilt when she seems Emma. Harley give Natalia encouraging words about Gus to hold on to. When Alan tries to offer his support, Natalia lashes out at him. Natalia prepares to visit Olivia at the hospital. The Coopers are all at Harley to help paint her home when Rafe and Natalia show up to help what Gus originally started. Harley takes it upon herself to organize a huge funeral but Josh reminds her that Natalia may not want this for her husband. When word gets out that the transplant was a success, Natalia goes to see Olivia. Reva learns the news of Jeffrey and Olivia's marriage. Olivia learns the news of Gus's death and is stunned that the heart that saved her life was his.

Deleted User
Deleted User

thanks Manifan, Jay, and Jeannie!! I hope Vanessa kicks Cyrus butt!
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: