Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Upcoming Olivia Story; Spoilers included
Topic Started: Mar 21 2008, 11:53 PM (2,661 Views)
tanyia2
[ * ]
jonfan24
Mar 27 2008, 09:53 AM
Jeffrey and Olivia remind me of Roger and Holly. All the bad things that Roger did to Holly and she still felt a draw to him.
I do think that Jeffrey has changed and I believe that he is sorry for what he done. (not defending him)
He was a teenager when he raped Olivia and I think that possibly he didnt think that what he did was rape. JMO though. I believe that Jeffrey can change just as Olivia has changed since she has came to the show( I believe that she was a villaness when she first came to SF). Either way, that doesnt mean that I like Jeffrey and Olivia being paired together, because as a victim myself, even though I could forgive him, I would never want to be married to him or be his best friend...the closest I could do would be to tolerate him. So I really dont like the Jeff and Olivia marriage and I dont think that it would be very realistic to think that Olivia would want that either.
No way can you compare Jeffrey/Olivia to Roger/Holly. Olivia feeling anything other than disgust for Jeffrey is nothing more than Wheeler's sick attempt to make them into another Roger/Holly. If they wanted to redeem Jeffrey they would have made him admit to rape instead of trying to sweep it under the rug.

This marriage is nothing more than Wheeler sticking it to the fans and CC. :violent:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

No way can you compare Jeffrey/Olivia to Roger/Holly. Olivia feeling anything other than disgust for Jeffrey is nothing more than Wheeler's sick attempt to make them into another Roger/Holly. If they wanted to redeem Jeffrey they would have made him admit to rape instead of trying to sweep it under the rug.

How is it not like Roger and Holly.
Roger raped Holly, Jeffrey raped Olivia.
Holly had feelings for Roger. Olivia had feelings for Jeffrey.
Olivia even went so far as to try to blackmail Reva to keep Reva away from Jeffrey so she could get him.
Olivia kissed Jeffrey on the day she was supposed to marry Buzz.
Olivia married Jeffrey, Holly Married Roger.
They both gave birth to their rapists daughters.

Quote Post Goto Top

tanyia2
[ * ]
jonfan24
Mar 27 2008, 10:34 AM
Quote:

Olivia even went so far as to try to blackmail Reva to keep Reva away from Jeffrey so she could get him.

No one will admit that Jeffrey raped Olivia including Jeffrey
Olivia apologized to her rapist
Jeffrey is being portrayed as a romantic hero instead of the villain that he should be.
Olivia does not have feelings for her rapist
Olivia did not know who her rapist was for years
Olivia was trying to deal with knowing who her rapist was and that is why she was doing those things.
Ellen Wheeler tried to force a relationship between Olivia and Jeffrey.
Roger and Holly were in a relationship before he raped her
Blake was not a result of rape unlike Ava

Erik
[ *  * ]
Roger and Holly was martial rape. They had to face it after they started a relationship. Their relationship was never right again, because of it. Jeffery and Olivia are based upon a rape. They didn't have more than a conversation before she passed out and he had his way. To me, I see any relatiionship based on the fact he raped her.

An apology by Jeffery, especially after denying it during his election along with the writers having Olivia stalk her rapist, needs to happen to even put these two in the same room again. What is happening now is so unbeliebably sick. There's no way in hell I will watch it. I rather these two actors be let go than do these scenes. I feel the impression this is leaving on hundreds of thousands of people is far worse than two actors losing their jobs (I know one can get work singing and the other can work on any show she wants, but even if they weren't talented in some way, I rather they be let go than people be subjected to this.).

As for CC's comments, I'm disappointed in them. Saying Olivia sees Jeffery as family is such a poor choice of words. These words make stopping watching more possible.

And I never said BC was a good or bad actor. Those that have done so can and it isn't a personal attack on him as a man. To say it is an attack on BC as a man warrants some comments I rather not say about some of his fans.

Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
Erik
Mar 27 2008, 12:55 PM

As for CC's comments, I'm disappointed in them. Saying Olivia sees Jeffery as family is such a poor choice of words. These words make stopping watching more possible.
I have to wonder if CC is merely saying the "politically correct" statement because that's what CBS/Wheeler is telling her to do?

But it continues to be obvious IMO that Wheeler is totally clueless as to viewers feelings on the show, and I don't think she gives a hoot either. Why this woman continues to have a job is truly mind boggling. Her complete and utter arrogance is driving a lot of viewers to either watch less or quit altogether as this woman has absolutely no care or concept to what GL and its history is all about. She's too busy recreating the show to her likes!

As for BC, I know that he does have a lot of fans, and the pairing with Jeffrey and Reva is a big hit. But sadly, the rape storyline really hurt Jeffrey's image with a lot of viewers. Once again, it was more character assassination by Ellen Wheeler like she's done to the majority of characters. I will never understand why Wheeler has destroyed so many of the characters and why she continues to have a job.
Edited by Paddy, Mar 27 2008, 01:23 PM.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Good response Tonyia. :clap:

Win
[ * ]
I suppose the one palliative in this scenario, is that Olivia stopped the ceremony to say "I forgive you" to Jeffrey.

To forgive someone is to confirm that there is something specific to forgive, however vague and un-named Wheeler insists it remain. You do NOT forgive someone for a shared night of "youthful indiscretion" in which both parties are equally to blame. You forgive them because they've done something bad to you.

Small consolation, I know.

Win
Edited by Win, Mar 27 2008, 02:01 PM.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Saying Jeffery is family isn't very politically correct for many fans. CC knows how some of us feel. Surely, she doesn't only get her info from that other board that bans anyone that feels differently and says so. She said it. I don't care if EW told her to say it, unless a gun was involved.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Win
Mar 27 2008, 02:00 PM
I suppose the one palliative in this scenario, is that Olivia stopped the ceremony to say "I forgive you" to Jeffrey.

To forgive someone is to confirm that there is something specific to forgive, however vague and un-named Wheeler insists it remain. You do NOT forgive someone for a shared night of "youthful indiscretion" in which both parties are equally to blame. You forgive them because they've done something bad to you.

Small consolation, I know.

Win
It can be twisted how EW and some fans want to twist it. They could say she's forgiving him for leaving her pregnant and alone. They'll think it is vague enough to satisfy all parties, so a relationship can begin where Olivia is their version of Olivia, in which she schemes for no reason at all and Jeffery is a good guy that really loves Reva and she him and they can't be together for Olivia (and Ava's) tricks-They'll think this senerio is okay, because of a vague comment made and anyways, the great Jeffeva is on screen.

And I'm sure they'll be praised by the critics, who will say EW finally got it right while a rape victim is a villain.

I'm sure my GL will be someone else's, because I'm not going to watch it. And all I can say is, "Oh fuckin' well!".

Manifan
[ *  * ]
How anyone can compare Olivia/Jeffrey to Holly/Roger just boggles my mind. Perhaps these viewers weren't watching when Holly/Roger were on and have only read recaps of what really happened.

Roger was NEVER made out to be a hero on the show. His rape of Holly was portrayed for what it was --brutal. Holly pressed charges against him and he was tried. It was a first for daytime TV -- a woman pressing charges against her husband for raping her. Nothing about this story was ever whitewashed, and there was never any ambiguity about it. The writing made it clear to viewers that it was a rape.

Wheeler's version of Olivia/Jeffrey was that no one knows if it was rape or not -- not even the victim herself. Wheeler has made the victim apologize to her supposed rapist, even though he's the one who took advantage of her in her drunken state. The fact that Olivia was underage and it was statutory rape has never even been mentioned. In other words, Jeffrey's crime was completely swept under the rug and now he's this big romantic hero. UGH. In no way, shape or form would I want to have anything to do with a man who raped me, unless it was to shoot him to death.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Manifan
Mar 27 2008, 02:47 PM
How anyone can compare Olivia/Jeffrey to Holly/Roger just boggles my mind. Perhaps these viewers weren't watching when Holly/Roger were on and have only read recaps of what really happened.

Roger was NEVER made out to be a hero on the show. His rape of Holly was portrayed for what it was --brutal. Holly pressed charges against him and he was tried. It was a first for daytime TV -- a woman pressing charges against her husband for raping her. Nothing about this story was ever whitewashed, and there was never any ambiguity about it. The writing made it clear to viewers that it was a rape.

Wheeler's version of Olivia/Jeffrey was that no one knows if it was rape or not -- not even the victim herself. Wheeler has made the victim apologize to her supposed rapist, even though he's the one who took advantage of her in her drunken state. The fact that Olivia was underage and it was statutory rape has never even been mentioned. In other words, Jeffrey's crime was completely swept under the rug and now he's this big romantic hero. UGH. In no way, shape or form would I want to have anything to do with a man who raped me, unless it was to shoot him to death.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :applause: :applause: :applause: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

failsafe
[ *  * ]
If it was MRS leaving and Ava dying, then I could accept Jeffrey & Olivia marrying. Because Ava is dumber than a box of hair and all she sees is "I want my mommeeeee and dadeeee to be together for meeeeee!! Fulfill my dying wish or I'll go back to hating you!" She has no concept of "hey, he raped my mom, she might not feel good about that." They would do it, realize it was a horrible mistake, and then have issues ending it because they'd feel they were betraying their daughter.

But Liv can't marry Gus, so she settles for Jeffrey? It's so freaking stupid. I just wish if they had to make Ava Liv's daughter, she could have been with someone else as the dad.

I don't know if it's the writing or CC, I assume the writing, but every relationship Liv's had since Philip has seemed so forced. It didn't get time to build - it just came out of the blue. I didn't believe Buzzivia and I don't believe Golivia either. Contrast that to Liv & Phil, who were initially just flirting and such to get Alan's goat and fell in love in spite of themselves.

The insistence to make Brad Cole a romantic male lead has been one of the major, if not THE major, causes of the downfall of this show. Every female he's been with just ends up looking like a two dollar whore. Hell, even poor Mel had to throw herself at him. I'm surprised they didn't make Lilllian &/or Alex wallow after his dick. Same, to a lesser point, w/ MRS. Thank God that Tom P hasn't stayed on, because he would probably be next.

I agree that everyone who compared them to Holly & Roger has NO clue what they're talking about. Holly fought her attraction to Roger for YEARS before she finally married him and then she kept going back to Ed when Roger was an asshole. And Ed kept sucking it up like the masochist he is. It's the classic good boy/bad boy/really screwed up girl triangle.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Actually, Wheeler told us Olivia was raped twice. First, it was Marina and second, it was Buzz.

And of course, there's the history to substantiate the fact she was raped, which is most prominant with helping Marah from being attacked and promptly nearly committing suicide. That's no coincidence.

And Olivia was passed out. That's the rape that we are talking about here. Of course, it was statutory as well, even if some people keep making Jeffery younger on these boards (I think some even said she committed statutory rape to satisfy themselves.).

Deleted User
Deleted User

jonfan24
Mar 27 2008, 10:34 AM
Quote:

>>Roger raped Holly, Jeffrey raped Olivia<<

That's about the ONLY thing that is in common. Roger was married to Holly at the time he raped her. Jeffrey, because he was the kind of cad who "won't take 'no' from any chick", as he said, had sex with a passed-out 16 year old young girl.

>>Holly had feelings for Roger<< Right.

>>Olivia had feelings for Jeffrey<< WRONG. She met him THAT NIGHT, and didn't even know his NAME.

The BIGGEST difference though, was that GL never tried to call what Roger did anything different than rape. EW had statutory rape mentioned once (when Jeffrey was remembering what's-his-name using the info to blackmail Jeffrey into service), then basically white-washed the whole thing and backed down from the whole mess. The studio got a TON of mail from people, rape victims included, who were completely offended by the story.

She doesn't care, and is now probably enjoying rubbing salt in the wounds that had finally been healing. Perhaps she wants to chase every intelligent viewer from the show, I don't know.

To the BC fan who thinks Olivia ASKED FOR HER RAPE and is leaving the board.... buh-bye, I won't miss you.

Quote Post Goto Top

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

I don't think that's true. Because soap opera is a neverending story characters must evolve. They can start as goodguys and turn bad or vice versa. Just like people do in real life. Some people do bad things and do change their ways and some people don't change. No one is all good or all bad. I think writers try to show the gray because there is a lot more story in that.

I agree that in a soap opera (or a good book), characters must evolve and can start as good and become bad or the other way around, etc. What I was saying is that this set of writers (and those in the previous regime ) are not capable of writing shades of gray characters. The writers may tell us that so and so is really a good guy, no matter how many women he's raped, etc. But a good writer doesn't tell--a good writer shows us that the character is sorry, is wounded, etc. The actor also tells us--not by dialogue, but by nuance. Sadly, not every actor is capable of such nuance. CC is, in my opinion. Brad Cole is not. Also my opinion.

Quote:

I think Jeffery was mysterious. He did definitely suffered from some poorly thought out writing though, but I do think Brad Cole is quite talented. I do like to watch him.

We have different tastes. And different understandings of what makes a good actor.

I agree that he's suffered from bad writing. I don't think he has been able to overcome the bad writing. Thing is, I've seen other GL actors do just that: overcome pitifully bad writing to create a character that I cared about. Thing is, I was prepared to like Jeffrey when he was first introduced. And tried to do so many times. Brad Cole has convinced me that I cannot enjoy that character on any level, and that Brad Cole is not a good actor.

Quote:

don't think there was any chicken out with Danny. He was a tortured character stuck in the mob, not by his choice, but by his birth. His love for Michelle and her love for him helped give him the strength to fight his way out. He made some bad choices, he got hurt, other people got hurt, but he always had a good heart. He was a classic "gray" character. I think his character was so loved because whether or not people liked who Danny was born to be, they loved his search to be better and how he loved his wife and children.

Again, we see it differently. I thought that PAS was talented and from time to time, I liked Danny. But I never really believed that he was all that tortured and torn. The writers told us he was. They should have shown us. And frankly, the flip/flop back and forth happened too many times for it to be even mildly credible.

Quote:

As far as Olivia marrying Jeffery, I don't have any problem with it, because Jeffery and Olivia have been shown to have gotten past what was in their past. People can do that.

Rape is a pretty big thing to get past, especially when it isn't acknowledged. I find it nauseating that tptb are going ahead with this pairing.

Quote:

I agree. While it is a bummer for Jeffrey/Reva, since I do really like them together, I thought the scenes yesterday with Olivia/Jeffrey were very sweet. I always thought they had really good chemistry together. And while I don't think either of them is (or ever has been) "in love" with the other, I do think they love each other in a familial, friendly kind of way. In their scenes, I get the impression that Jeffrey wants to protect Olivia at all times and at any cost. A lot of that, I'm sure, stems from his own guilt at leaving her all those years ago, and knowing that she faced her pregnancy alone and had to give up her daughter because of it. Then, of course, there is the added dimension that she is the mother of his child.

Both KZ and CC have the talent to appear to have chemistry with virtually any other actor.

There is nothing familial or friendly about Jeffrey and Olivia. He did not impregnate her in some one night stand and abandon her. He raped her and skipped out, and when caught by authorities was forced to assume another man's identity to avoid prosecution for his crime. To suggest otherwise is a slap in the face of all rape victims.

Olivia was tremendously brave to have carried the pregnancy that resulted from Jeffrey's rape. Very few women would have agreed to raise the resulting child even if the rapist had stuck around and wanted to 'be a family.

Olivia and Jeffrey are the biological parents to Ava, but are not parents in any other legal or moral way. Ava was adopted and raised by a loving mother who was Ava's real mother. To deny Ava's adoptive family is a slap in the face of all adoptive families. Soaps do this a lot, btw.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Gosh people, I never said that it was Identical... I said it REMINDS ME of Roger and Holly. Sorry if that was so Offensive, it was just my thoughts. :surrender:

Quote:

>>Olivia had feelings for Jeffrey<< WRONG. She met him THAT NIGHT, and didn't even know his NAME.

I never said she had feelings for him at the time of the rape, but AFTER she knew it was Jeffrey she did develope feelings for him because she tried to be with him and she tried to blackmail Reva so that Reva would back away from Jeffrey and then Olivia could get him.

and as far as Guiding Light never admitting that Jeffrey raped Olivia. I had quit watching for a while and when I came back I assumed that it was admitted that it was rape. my bad!!

Quote:

I agree that everyone who compared them to Holly & Roger has NO clue what they're talking about. Holly fought her attraction to Roger for YEARS before she finally married him

Well she did have feelings for him didnt she... thats all I was saying.
Olivia has feelings for Jeffrey too.

Quote:

actually, I did watch GL back then. and I didn't watch the episode where Jeffrey raped Olivia... But mostly what I was referring to was the later years when Holly couldnt make up her mind. One time she hated him , the next time she loved him.

Quote:

Wheeler's version of Olivia/Jeffrey was that no one knows if it was rape or not -- not even the victim herself. Wheeler has made the victim apologize to her supposed rapist, even though he's the one who took advantage of her in her drunken state.

First, let me say that in my opinion I whole heartedly believe this was rape. But if its true as you stated that Olivia doesn't even know if it was rape, then why is everyone so down on her forgiving Jeffrey? And I understand her apologizing to him, and before anyone goes getting on my case, let me explain what I mean... When this happens, sometimes the victim feels like it is her fault, whether it is or not. MAYBE thats whats happening with Olivia and is the reason she's apologizing. Thats all Im saying.

and I have never thought of Jeffrey as a romantic hero.... Sorry I didn't know everyone else was thinking that he was.

I get the feeling that people think that I was trying to whitewash what Jeffrey did, which I am not. I have always stated that I thought it WAS rape and in my mind rape is always brutal, whether they beat the life out of you or whether they use scare tactics its still brutal.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

>>I never said she had feelings for him at the time of the rape, but AFTER she knew it was Jeffrey she did develope feelings for him because she tried to be with him and she tried to blackmail Reva so that Reva would back away from Jeffrey and then Olivia could get him. <<

Wrong again. IMMEDIATELY after Olivia realized Jeffrey was the one that raped her, she went kind of nuts... trying to attack him on more than one occassion. It was more than she could process.

The other stuff came later... the goofy crap of Olivia chasing Jeffrey around in a failed attempt of hers to come to terms with things - it was never clearly explained. I've NO idea what EW was thinking, but it was dropped, because around the time of CC's contract renewal, she told EW that if Jeffrey was Olivia's rapist, she didn't want Olivia to be chasing him. She just wanted the whole mess clarified.

Also, Olivia DOES know that she was raped and has said so more than once. Otherwise, there was no reason to FORGIVE Jeffrey. She just isn't allowed to use the word "rape" any more, due to TPTB. They tried to turn it around and make it into something else, but they really never could. Olivia passed out and Jeffrey had sex with her. In my world, that will always be rape.

If anyone has not seen the episode where Jeffrey raped Olivia, and the previous one where Olivia told Buzz about her rape, those things can be seen on YouTube, if you want to see them.
Quote Post Goto Top

Win
[ * ]
I think we got as close to an admission of rape yesterday as Wheeler is ever going to allow. As I said earlier, to forgive confirms the belief of a violation committed. Acceptance of that forgiveness confirms guilt for that violation. Olivia forgave, and Jeffrey accepted. Jeffrey also said he had always wanted to do something for Olivia... the unspoken implication of "for what I did to you" being fairly clear. I felt I could read "rape" between the lines of their dialogue yesterday.

Nothing will ever absolve Wheeler for her vicious treatment of this issue, and of the actors & viewers who had to deal with it. I also think she pushed this wedding scenario as a spit in the face to everybody who called her on it. But I was surprised yesterday to see that the scenario was better explained, and more sensitively handled than I expected it would be.

Win
Edited by Win, Mar 28 2008, 08:31 AM.

Amanda
[ * ]
Win
Mar 28 2008, 08:30 AM
I think we got as close to an admission of rape yesterday as Wheeler is ever going to allow. As I said earlier, to forgive confirms the belief of a violation committed. Acceptance of that forgiveness confirms guilt for that violation. Olivia forgave, and Jeffrey accepted. Jeffrey also said he had always wanted to do something for Olivia... the unspoken implication of "for what I did to you" being fairly clear. I felt I could read "rape" between the lines of their dialogue yesterday.

Nothing will ever absolve Wheeler for her vicious treatment of this issue, and of the actors & viewers who had to deal with it. I also think she pushed this wedding scenario as a spit in the face to everybody who called her on it. But I was surprised yesterday to see that the scenario was better explained, and more sensitively handled than I expected it would be.

Win
I really enjoyed their scenes yesterday. Regardless of my particular opinions on their history together, I have always thought that Jeffrey did Olivia wrong, and appreciated that he has tried (often failing quite miserably) to right the wrong of the past. Yesterday, it seemed like he finally succeeded, and the scenes played out beautifully (in my opinion). I haven't enjoyed a soap wedding so much since Craig and Rosanna's 2nd wedding on ATWT. I liked the humor and the complete non-traditional-ness of it. When Jeffrey said the ring was an "antique" -- I cracked up. Olivia, meanwhile, was touched that he even thought about a ring. And in the scene where Olivia and Jeffrey were talking (that you mentioned), Olivia called Jeffrey a "scoundrel," and said "but you're an honorable scoundrel."

I think that this storyline that obviously went far, far awry a long time ago due to the ambiguous writing, took a big step toward being rectified yesterday. It can't just hang out there in space forever -- closure had to come. And I think it will make good story, since as we have all figured out by now, Olivia will live and she and Jeffrey will still be married. It will produce an interesting conflict to be played out wonderfully by Crystal, Bradley, and Kim. I can't see Olivia wanting to forfeit her newfound "family," but Reva will not go quietly, of course. Jeffrey, meanwhile, will be torn between his sense of obligation (and penance) to Olivia, and his love (I'm going with love) for Reva. To further complicate things, I believe Jeffrey has genuine feelings for Olivia, which will add extra drama to the situation.

I am very sorry to those of you who are personally offended by this storyline. I know that in many cases there is no going back for you. In which case, I don't begin to know what to say to you, except sorry that I like the current story!

Erik
[ *  * ]
Thank God I refuse to watch any of this. TO feel as I do and get any sort of closure out of it is not right.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok, look. I had a friend/coworker who broke up with her boyfriend, who responded to the break up by raping her. He then offered to marry her. She declined. This, of course, is the bare bones telling of a terrible story, but maybe you can get why I am particularly repulsed and infuriated by the entire notion of Jeffrey marrying Olivia to 'make up' for raping her all of those years ago, so they can 'be a family.' My friend's assessment was that he wanted someone he could control and own.

We are not talking about two wild and crazy kids who had too much to drink and made a baby one night. We're talking about a mixed up, virginal 16 year old girl who went to a party where she was spotted and preyed upon by a young man who was old enough to be able to drink legally, and who deliberately took her to a room when she was so drunk she had to be helped to stand. In his own admissions, olderJeffrey said 'he didn't take no from any girl' and 'took what he wanted.' Olivia was passed out.

There is nothing about this entire scenario that doesn't play out to me as extremely anti-woman. There is nothing about contrition, about forgiveness, about family attached to it at all. They wrote a dying woman as so desperate to have a fantasy wedding that she will spring a surprise wedding on a man who is already in a relationship, and then, take anybody in pants, including her rapist. Only in the most repressive of cultures is a woman forced to marry her rapist.

Edited by tgir, Mar 30 2008, 04:29 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Totally agree about the ludicrousness of this whole storyline. It's not as if Olivia hasn't been around a few blocks and tossed her share of bouquets. Her thinking about Gus was selfish and her taking "any port in the storm" for a husband smacks of a desperation that is so unsympathetic that her presence on the show is an offense.
Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
The idea of Olivia marrying Gus came from needing to live I guess. The thing is it was about Gus. He was there when she found out and saw that as a sign.

The idea of Olivia marrying her rapist is offensive. Why didn't they have her marry Buzz? She actually loves Buzz.

I contend it wasn't about Gus or even about marriage. The writers' motive for Olivia can't be to give Ava a family. That's just stupid, because Ava had a mother growing up for one thing (and that rape stuff too). No, the reason can't be any of the above. Olivia didn't need to be married, because she's done that, so that isn't the reason. No, the reason was not about Olivia at all.

The reason Olivia got married was for Plot. You know, that character that looms large on GL. Yeah, you don't see them. It's kind of like the grim reeper. Plot wants Olivia to marry Jeffery, so Jeffeva can have a relationship obsticle and be on screen. The only thing Plot knows is to use Olivia as their villain de jour given Jeffery must have no enemies but Olivia, because he's a hero. Plot is a nasty character. Plot doesn't care what message is sent, because Plot is a character. Plot isn't real. It's just a soap and Plot is a character in it.

So when you hear "T's just a soap", remember Plot is a character on soaps.

Manifan
[ *  * ]
Watching Jeffrey and Olivia together turns my stomach. The only way I would accept seeing them on the screen at the same time is if she was holding a revolver to his head.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Tgir, I am so sorry your friend went through that. I am glad she was strong enough and smart enough to get rid of that monster. I can see why this story has been so hard for you to stomach.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: