Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Upcoming Olivia Story; Spoilers included
Topic Started: Mar 21 2008, 11:53 PM (2,659 Views)
Manifan
[ *  * ]
Originally MRS was supposed to be leaving, and from what I heard they were going to write it so that Ava died and Olivia got her heart. But then MRS decided to stay and RPG was leaving, so they re-wrote it to be Gus's heart Liv gets. Anyway, maybe Olivia marrying Jeffrey was part of the original story. In other words, let's say that Ava is about to die, and as her dying wish she asks Olivia to marry Jeffrey so she can have her parents together before she passes away. Wouldn't that make more sense than Olivia being so desperate to marry before her own death that she agrees to marry a man with whom she's had no real relationship?

~~~~

Edited by Gatekeeper ~ Please do not post spoiler info in titles. Thanks!
Edited by Gatekeeper, Mar 23 2008, 08:17 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
I don't think this is a spoiler thread. The backup board only has one place for GL stuff to go and it includes spoilers and discussion.

With that said, this has been up for awhile, so I'll say something.

Liv marries Jeffery-
The idea is way too sick,
It's victim bashing!

Their idea is this-
To act like we should forget,
By destroying her

Meanwhile, the hero,
The rapist-hero fights for-
His true love Reva

That's the plan whether MRS or RPG were to leave, so fans of that couple can rest easy knowing he's an ill-defined rapist in love and I guess you think Reva deserves that.

P.S.

Wheeler's just giving you all romance. Whether that sets back the women's movement 50 years is another story. Look in the mirror before complaining about it.
Edited by Erik, Mar 22 2008, 02:04 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I know you're upset about this.. as is everyone else I've come across.. but your posts are just as offensive as Wheeler's latest lame, contrived plot twist. WHO should look in the mirror before complaing!?

Quote:

so fans of that couple can rest easy knowing he's an ill-defined rapist in love and I guess you think Reva deserves that.

Way to bash fans of that couple... :rolleyes:
Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
KimFan
Mar 22 2008, 03:08 PM
I know you're upset about this.. as is everyone else I've come across.. but your posts are just as offensive as Wheeler's latest lame, contrived plot twist. WHO should look in the mirror before complaing!?

Quote:

so fans of that couple can rest easy knowing he's an ill-defined rapist in love and I guess you think Reva deserves that.

Way to bash fans of that couple... :rolleyes:
If I didn't tell it how it was, who would? The "experts" could give a crap Olivia is marrying Jeffery, in that they don't care about the Olivia part (you know, being raped by the guy...needing to marry anyone, because she HAS to have a man). Heck, the Jeffery part means crap to them, in that he isn't held accountable for what he did. Even Reva truely is getting the shaft, because she's a victim dating her sister's rapist. The only thing that matters is that grand romance...any romance. The fact Olivia gets stuck in the middle...again, to provide lift for that grand romance taints that grand romance-It sets back the women's movement 50 years.

To ignore that much in favor of romance is what the fans want...in essence, because Jeffeva is so popular. Wheeler is just giving them what they want. I guess the only story that will give Jeffeva airtime is one involving Olivia. "So what?" That's what I hear when the rape is ignored...or put on an equal footing with the romance. Characters take backseats to couplings.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Liv marries Jeffrey because EW is a tasteless, talentless, woman hating psychotic bitch, plain and simple.

I am sure the more immediate stuff is whether or not MRS stayed with GL, but really, why not ditch her? And Brad Cole? Why not have them die in a car accident together, and make it a real drama which heart Liv gets? Her daughter's or her rapist's? Now there's a soapy dilemma.

I have to wonder if KZ isn't quietly letting tptb know that she'd rather share scenes with someone who can act. It must be exhausting, having to carry Brad Cole all by her lonesome. Poor CC, having to sell real shit and carry a sack of it, too. Yes, yes, yes, I know KZ and Brad Cole are bff, but she's not stupid.

Quote:

To ignore that much in favor of romance is what the fans want...in essence, because Jeffeva is so popular.

I reject that notion totally. I know that KZ makes Brad Cole semi-tolerable, to some. Other 'jeffeva' fans are either Brad Cole fans and/or disgruntled Jeva fans. The Brad Cole fans are exceedingly vocal, but I cannot believe they are many and certainly not worth throwing away the integrity of the show.
Edited by tgir, Mar 22 2008, 05:13 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

lol. :applause:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

If I didn't tell it how it was, who would?

"Tell it like it is"? My opinion is just as valid as your's.

I don't care if TPTB have Jeffrey call what he did to Cassie and Olivia rape or not. I know it was. However, it doesn't change the fact that I enjoy Jeffrey and Reva as a couple. It's doesn't change the fact that he has done nothing but support and respect Reva... up until this lame turn of marrying Olivia, of course.

I hope Jeffrey and Reva's romance matters to Wheeler, but giving Jeffrey and Reva two minutes worth of airtime together twice a month makes me think otherwise. Having Jeffrey marry another woman without telling Reva makes me think otherwise. If Jeffrey and Reva survive this, I'll be shocked.

Quote:

I guess the only story that will give Jeffeva airtime is one involving Olivia

Nah, it's just the only story that Wheeler can piss off the most fans with. In one quick move, she's going to piss off Olivia fans, Jeffeva fans, Gus fans, and GusH fans.

Quote:

Characters take backseats to couplings.

Believe me, I know. Reva has been taking a backseat to Cash for over two years. And, when she finally gets a break away from them, here comes Olivia.

Quote:

I have to wonder if KZ isn't quietly letting tptb know that she'd rather share scenes with someone who can act.

I doubt it. I'd probably guess that she loves working with anyone that will get her away from NF/Cassie and anything dealing with Cassie/Cash.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Erik
Mar 22 2008, 04:28 PM

To ignore that much in favor of romance is what the fans want...in essence, because Jeffeva is so popular. Wheeler is just giving them what they want. I guess the only story that will give Jeffeva airtime is one involving Olivia. "So what?" That's what I hear when the rape is ignored...or put on an equal footing with the romance. Characters take backseats to couplings.
This goes to ALL your posts in this thread.

Have you EVER thought that MAYBE the popularity and ALL of Jeffrey and Reva, KZ and BC of them on screen and paired goes ALL the way back to the very first SC of Richard and Reva/Catherine???? Even though BC wasnt' playing Jeffrey then he was Richard and still paired w/ Reva/KZ and that even got some perks w/ viewers w/ them.

ALL the way back to 1999 before Olivia REALLY became a character and we got to know her, before the crappy ass SL of last year for her, BEFORE Jeffrey was on screen and ALL the crappy ass SL's he also got.

We can go as far back also as to why Reva and Jeffrey got together as when Jeffrey first showed up in 2003 his interest was in Reva first. The only female along w/ Mel he thought had a "whole brain", who was sassy and all. Who then from they first meet has done NOTHING but be kind, respectful and a friend to her, and now to loving and supporting her in MANY was no one else ever has.

ALL of that BEFORE the crappy ass SL's! ALL of that, that did NOT lead up to the SL's before and the reasons why Olivia was the way she was before that SL. PLZ. :rolleyes:

Have you ever thought of that before you try making excuses of Jeffrey, Reva, Jeffeva, BC, the viewers of them ect using it to justify your posts of Olivia this and that and her being destroyed. Blame EW NOT Jeffrey, Reva, Jeffeva, viewers of them!

Try to think of SOMETHING, ALL the reasons or explainions of it, the WHOLE SL aspect and characters other than Olivia!

~~~~

Edited by Gatekeeper ~

Please do not post in colors or bold. They are reserved for Moderators & Contributors. Thanks!
Edited by Gatekeeper, Mar 23 2008, 08:16 AM.
Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
AmandaKZfan

Have you EVER thought that MAYBE the popularity and ALL of Jeffrey and Reva, KZ and BC of them on screen and paired goes ALL the way back to the very first SC of Richard and Reva/Catherine????

Popularity doesn't mean a fringe group pining for that day they get to see their favorite with KZ.

And Olivia was a character back then, even if you didn't care.

KimFan

here comes Olivia.

Somehow, I think you validated my argument.

[
tgir

big]Liv marries Jeffrey because EW is a tasteless, talentless, woman hating psychotic bitch, plain and simple. [/big]

Oh, but she's original...Humm, I take that back. She did this last year to a tee. The only way she can get Jeffery and Reva oncreen is to demean rape victims by making a rapist a hero.and his victim his own personal villain. But it's all for love, so be it.

-

Lastly, Olivia has been totally destroyed in all fascets for Jeffery and that includes his relationship with Reva. Olivia being destroyed includes how the writers dictated her relationship with Gus-They couldn't have Olivia be anything less than what they will have her be (Jeffery and Reva's obsticle that will use her marriage to hold onto Jeffery) and what they just had her be (Jeffery's personal stalker). So, Olivia HAD to have a man and she HAD to trick Gus to try and get him (plot device anyone?). They also continued to poke holes in Olivia's parenting skills. The woman that gave up a man for Emma's protection is now lusting for a man to the point of making her other daughter complicit in tricking him. Nice. It's all very sad.

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Reva/Jeffrey, aka vile, useless empty sack/serial rapist started with Reva/Richard? Nah.

For one thing, I thought Richard was a pretty man sob back in those days and pretty much laughed myself silly at the thought of Reva and Richard.

For another, tptb have been banging us over the head in every single scene with Jeffrey, aka vile, useless empty sack/serial rapist that Jeffrey, aka vile, useless empty sack/serial rapist is not Richard. Hey, I believe them.

I refuse to see any character as 'destroyed' because of the current (and prior) regime's incompetence. However, imo, the show Guiding Light is absolutely in tatters and ruin. Can it be salvaged? Maybe, but that would involve the elimination of Wheeler and Kriezman, to start. And employing writers and producers who weren't afraid to call characters what they are: Jeffrey is a rapist, for starters. Danny was a mobster. etc, etc. etc.

Deleted User
Deleted User

tgir
Mar 23 2008, 04:36 PM
And employing writers and producers who weren't afraid to call characters what they are: Jeffrey is a rapist, for starters. Danny was a mobster. etc, etc. etc.
And why do you think that is, tgir? I've been wondering that myself.
Quote Post Goto Top

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
shadowplay
Mar 23 2008, 06:18 PM
tgir
Mar 23 2008, 04:36 PM
And employing writers and producers who weren't afraid to call characters what they are: Jeffrey is a rapist, for starters. Danny was a mobster. etc, etc. etc.
And why do you think that is, tgir? I've been wondering that myself.
My theory, and mind you, it's only a theory is:

A) They hire an attractive actor who attracts a following based upon his charisma, looks, whatever. Because of his 'huge popularity' ===vocal fan base, tptb chicken out on having the bad guy actually be called a bad guy. Instead, he must be merely misunderstood, etc. This is to appease the 'fans.' If they write the character as too much a bad guy, they have written him into a corner and risk having a lot of fans not accept redeption. I think it's because the writers can't carry off such complexity.

B) The writers lack the talent (and some of the actors (cough, cough: Brad Cole) do, as well) to actually pull off shades of gray characters. We were told, over and over, that Jeffrey had a mysterious past. Brad Cole fans raved about how 'mysterious' Jeffrey was. I never found him mysterious: just poorly conceived, poorly drawn, poorly written. He didn't make sense, and not in a way that made me curious as to who he actually was. When something doesn't make sense, or defies logic, I am turned off, not intrigued.

Thing is, in the past, there were characters who were shades of gray: Roger, Phillip, Ed, for example. Alex, too. India. You could see the wounded person inside the villain/anti-hero. No one ever pretended they were better than they were, including the characters and actors themselves. Olivia still is, depsite the efforts of tptb. Danny could/should have been, but he wasn't. Tpbt chickened out and actually had nothing to write except Danny is in the mob but wants out/danny is out of the mob but is being drawn back in. And that done poorly because every other scene had to be billing/cooing with Michelle. I always thought PAS was a miscast as Danny, but I certainly thought he had the talent to pull off better material. In fact, I think it is a tribute to his talent that he garnered such a large following with such badly written, repetitive material.

Edited by tgir, Mar 23 2008, 06:29 PM.

Jeannie748
[ * ]
I know that I am going to be "Miss Unpopular", but does everything have to be so very serious? It is a soap and fictional. I know that they tempt us by interjecting very real situations, BUT it is still a soap.

Eric, I am not trying to instill your wrath :)

Jeannie748
Edited by Jeannie748, Mar 23 2008, 06:31 PM.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Jeannie748
Mar 23 2008, 06:29 PM
I know that I am going to be "Miss Unpopular", but does everything have to be so very serious? It is a soap and fictional. I know that they tempt us by interjecting very real situations, BUT it is still a soap.

Eric, I am not trying to instill your wrath :)

Jeannie748
It's not just about being realistic, but also logical. Even sci-fi shows use logic based in their reality.

The mob thing was totally General Hospital. I think GH is the cause of the downfall of soaps. Everything we find repulsive about soaps is attributed to GH. GH got women to say "Rape Me" to poor Anthony Geary, because of what they write. I'm sure women say "Kill Me" to Benard and Burton.

I guess at least the writers are seemingly ignoring Olivia's rape and I'm glad Brad Cole's fan base can be deluted enough to not say "Rape Me". Still, that doesn't change the apologies from Olivia, the pushing of olivia onto Jeffery, Ava period, and so on. It's just not as obvious as GH would do it, because the writers for GL are spineless sacks of sorry shit that hide under a rock rather than sit out in the sun like GH's arrogent writers do.

GL is like family. I don't consider my family a fantasy. They are just there.

Oh, and I hate "It's just a soap". Did Brad Cole fans say that when they got a PSA dropped for organ donation when Richard died?

Manifan
[ *  * ]
Jeannie748
Mar 23 2008, 06:29 PM
It is a soap and fictional. I know that they tempt us by interjecting very real situations, BUT it is still a soap.

Jeannie748
You might not want to use that "rationale" here unless you want a verbal beating back. Just sayin.'

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yep, it 's all fictional, but I can't enjoy something that insults my intelligence and doesn't follow any logic at all. It is even more upsetting to me because I've watched Gl for so many years.

I don't watch shows that I think insult women. These days, I think GL goes out of its way to do exactly that.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Okay, and out comes the "it's only a soap" defense for piss poor writing and a host of other ills.

But....

The hallmark of any art, even the art of a soap, rests with the assumption that the artists are there to do their best work, that the work deserves its due. The key concept for many fans is that the soap medium, like any media, can rise to the level of *art* if the commitment to excellence was felt by all the stakeholders involved. To denigrate the medium by saying "It's only a soap" is to say that the medium of soap opera, by definition, cannot ever rise to the level of art.

One can argue that soaps aren't any kind of art at all. Clearly, much of TV isn't. The tension between art and commercial crap, however, isn't due to the medium. You can have grand art on stage, or silly farce. You can have a Raphael, or a paint-by-numbers kit...The concept of "art" is one that's been debated in philosophy for millenia. I am in the group who believes that any medium, even a soap opera, can be "art."

Hips
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I'm confused, if you don't watch the show and are soo mad about Jeffery as a character, and get sooo upset over his sl.....why the hell are you even on this board, except to upset fans of his and Reva's for that matter?

tgir
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hips
Mar 26 2008, 05:53 AM
I'm confused, if you don't watch the show and are soo mad about Jeffery as a character, and get sooo upset over his sl.....why the hell are you even on this board, except to upset fans of his and Reva's for that matter?

Excuse me?

I've been a member of this board for years--predating the tenure of that vile, useless, disgusting empty sack/serial rapist aka Jeffrey O'Neill by years.

'Fans' of Brad Cole do not factor into any of my decisions about what to do, including what to post.

It's interesting that we suddenly get an influx of Brad Cole fans.

Edited by tgir, Mar 26 2008, 06:47 AM.

Admin
Administrator
[ * ]
Hips
Personal attacks of any nature will not be tolerated. We’re all more or less adults, so “personal attacks” should be self-explanatory. This forum is intended for the civil, honest discussion of GL and related issues.

That being said the Admins & Mods don't have time to deal with troll like behavior and will ban such members that exhibit that type of behavior!

Hips is permanently banned so we can now get back on topic.

KMInfinity
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Tgir and Admin..... I really REALLY didn't feel Hips' post was an appropriate response to mine and really didn't want to respond. Granted, a philosophical discussion of the nature of art and the soaps may be sublimely ridiculous...so arguewith me about discuss THAT! Not fanbase lurv for useless characters.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Can someone wake up from a coma - maybe Ross from the plane crash - and have really just dreamed the past years of crap? Josh and Reva are happy? Cassie is living OFF SCREEN in SC with Richard - Blake is not a blogger, Alan never married his DIL and is not obsessed with grandchildren, but corporate takeovers - let's go back to the good old days before there are no days left!
Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
Hips
SInce I quit watching due to the upcoming storyline, I'm sure this post was aimed at me. Although, I never said I wanted Jeffery gone, but given how the character is always flipping about, what use is he? He's a freakin' rapist twice over and an abuser at that! Have him be that! If you want to change him, have him go to meetings, see a psychologist, go to prison (like Michael on Y&R), or what not. As it is, he isn't doing Reva any favors by being a chameleon (and I mean a lizzard too!).

I'm not one to critize the actors, so that does play a part in how I feel.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Quote:

A) They hire an attractive actor who attracts a following based upon his charisma, looks, whatever. Because of his 'huge popularity' ===vocal fan base, tptb chicken out on having the bad guy actually be called a bad guy. Instead, he must be merely misunderstood, etc. This is to appease the 'fans.' If they write the character as too much a bad guy, they have written him into a corner and risk having a lot of fans not accept redeption. I think it's because the writers can't carry off such complexity.

I don't think that's true. Because soap opera is a neverending story characters must evolve. They can start as goodguys and turn bad or vice versa. Just like people do in real life. Some people do bad things and do change their ways and some people don't change. No one is all good or all bad. I think writers try to show the gray because there is a lot more story in that.

Quote:

B) The writers lack the talent (and some of the actors (cough, cough: Brad Cole) do, as well) to actually pull off shades of gray characters. We were told, over and over, that Jeffrey had a mysterious past. Brad Cole fans raved about how 'mysterious' Jeffrey was. I never found him mysterious: just poorly conceived, poorly drawn, poorly written. He didn't make sense, and not in a way that made me curious as to who he actually was. When something doesn't make sense, or defies logic, I am turned off, not intrigued.

I think Jeffery was mysterious. He did definitely suffered from some poorly thought out writing though, but I do think Brad Cole is quite talented. I do like to watch him.

Quote:

Thing is, in the past, there were characters who were shades of gray: Roger, Phillip, Ed, for example. Alex, too. India. You could see the wounded person inside the villain/anti-hero. No one ever pretended they were better than they were, including the characters and actors themselves. Olivia still is, depsite the efforts of tptb. Danny could/should have been, but he wasn't. Tpbt chickened out and actually had nothing to write except Danny is in the mob but wants out/danny is out of the mob but is being drawn back in. And that done poorly because every other scene had to be billing/cooing with Michelle. I always thought PAS was a miscast as Danny, but I certainly thought he had the talent to pull off better material. In fact, I think it is a tribute to his talent that he garnered such a large following with such badly written, repetitive material.

I don't think there was any chicken out with Danny. He was a tortured character stuck in the mob, not by his choice, but by his birth. His love for Michelle and her love for him helped give him the strength to fight his way out. He made some bad choices, he got hurt, other people got hurt, but he always had a good heart. He was a classic "gray" character. I think his character was so loved because whether or not people liked who Danny was born to be, they loved his search to be better and how he loved his wife and children.

What I feel GL needs to do better is develop characters and storylines slower. Viewers need to see one character slowly fall in love with another. That's why Richard and Cassie and Danny and Michelle were so popular. Fans were taken on the journey not just told one day that Olivia loves Gus when they had hardly had a scene before that. I could have believed in that couple if the show had shown the courtship instead of hitting me in the face with the fact they would now be a psuedo couple. They were doing a much better job of that with Bill and Lizzie, but made it nasty with Bill's constant Ava banging.

As far as Olivia marrying Jeffery, I don't have any problem with it, because Jeffery and Olivia have been shown to have gotten past what was in their past. People can do that.

Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
RubyB

As far as Olivia marrying Jeffery, I don't have any problem with it, because Jeffery and Olivia have been shown to have gotten past what was in their past. People can do that.

Getting over it? Hmm...Did that happen in the five minutes I've been not watching? If so, I'm sure Jeffery didn't say, "I'm sorry for raping you.". If he did, it is still incomprehesible that Olivia would apologize at their bogus ass wedding. Forgiving the guy for raping her and getting away with it and denying it during his election and so on is different from apologizing. So freakin' what if she thinks he's a good guy now! And please do not quote last summer, because if you want to do that, then you should know that Olivia apologized for that then and I'm so offended it ever happened anyways that I don't consider it ever happened. They villainiesed a rape victim-A crime in itself!

Anyways, Olivia has apologized three times for being raped and Jeffery has not even said anything more than sorry and that is in a dejected way. Given he denied it once, he's still scum for not apologizing right. And guess what, he doesn't apologize at the wedding for anything either. Appearantly, marrying Olivia is more than words. I'm guessing marrying BC would be more than words for some, but this is Jeffery and that's Olivia-One of the women he raped.

This story is so offensive to my sensibility and to my intelligence as well. Given I've had to put up with Olivia being destroyed for Jeffery over the past year, I think I've been abused enough. Which brings me to the subject I would consider one to use-Stockholm Syndrome. If they did that, at least Jeffery would be called a rapist, because there would have to be a rape for the victim to be attached to their attacker. Using Stockholm Syndrome in the subtext isn't enough for me.

Anyways, I'm frustrated and I don't know what else to do besides not watching. I won't let the actors put any humanity to this. It's not human. I won't even read recaps at this point. I'll feel dirty if I do.

Amanda
[ * ]
RubyB
Mar 26 2008, 06:51 PM
I agree. While it is a bummer for Jeffrey/Reva, since I do really like them together, I thought the scenes yesterday with Olivia/Jeffrey were very sweet. I always thought they had really good chemistry together. And while I don't think either of them is (or ever has been) "in love" with the other, I do think they love each other in a familial, friendly kind of way. In their scenes, I get the impression that Jeffrey wants to protect Olivia at all times and at any cost. A lot of that, I'm sure, stems from his own guilt at leaving her all those years ago, and knowing that she faced her pregnancy alone and had to give up her daughter because of it. Then, of course, there is the added dimension that she is the mother of his child.

Yesterday, in the stairwell, he saw her hurting and just reached out to do what he thought would ease her pain, without a thought for what the consequences would be for him when Reva finds out.

Of course, my opinion of past events is different from what some believe, but I think any way you slice it, Jeffrey has shown over time that he is sorry for *whatever* happened with Olivia when they were kids, and that now he wants nothing but what is best for her, and he is willing to make any sacrifices he needs to make to ensure that Olivia can be happy.

I see this as the healing moment that has been sorely lacking in their storyline to this point, and I am guessing it can be credited to whoever the interim writer(s) were during the strike, who saw this gaping hole and decided to mend it.

I am glad CC is happy with this storyline, and I think it will bring her character back from the brink of disaster. Olivia has never been my favorite character, but I have still always enjoyed her. The exception to that has been in these last few months with the whole Gus storyline. Besides some sweet scenes with Olivia/Emma/Ava, Olivia has grated on my nerves rather than drawn my sympathy. Now I think that tide will turn. I am looking forward to it.

Gatekeeper
Member Avatar
Elite Member ^..*
[ *  *  *  * ]
Amanda
Mar 27 2008, 08:42 AM
Yesterday, in the stairwell, he saw her hurting and just reached out to do what he thought would ease her pain, without a thought for what the consequences would be for him when Reva finds out.

Of course, my opinion of past events is different from what some believe, but I think any way you slice it, Jeffrey has shown over time that he is sorry for *whatever* happened with Olivia when they were kids, and that now he wants nothing but what is best for her, and he is willing to make any sacrifices he needs to make to ensure that Olivia can be happy.

I see this as the healing moment that has been sorely lacking in their storyline to this point, and I am guessing it can be credited to whoever the interim writer(s) were during the strike, who saw this gaping hole and decided to mend it.

I am glad CC is happy with this storyline, and I think it will bring her character back from the brink of disaster. Olivia has never been my favorite character, but I have still always enjoyed her. The exception to that has been in these last few months with the whole Gus storyline. Besides some sweet scenes with Olivia/Emma/Ava, Olivia has grated on my nerves rather than drawn my sympathy. Now I think that tide will turn. I am looking forward to it.

OMG I saw that and all I was thinking during that scene is 'stay the hell away from her Jeffrey you sick rapist'.

Amanda I'm slicing it differently than you and I am disgusted with Jeffrey and I don't think he is sorry for the RAPE! I also find your use of the term "*whatever happened" insulting. That *whatever was rape plane and simple no matter how YOU slice it.

I am not finding this storyline healing in the least bit and I think it's time they stop trying to justify Jeffrey raping Olivia.

Edited by Gatekeeper, Mar 27 2008, 09:17 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Jeffrey and Olivia remind me of Roger and Holly. All the bad things that Roger did to Holly and she still felt a draw to him.
I do think that Jeffrey has changed and I believe that he is sorry for what he done. (not defending him)
He was a teenager when he raped Olivia and I think that possibly he didnt think that what he did was rape. JMO though. I believe that Jeffrey can change just as Olivia has changed since she has came to the show( I believe that she was a villaness when she first came to SF). Either way, that doesnt mean that I like Jeffrey and Olivia being paired together, because as a victim myself, even though I could forgive him, I would never want to be married to him or be his best friend...the closest I could do would be to tolerate him. So I really dont like the Jeff and Olivia marriage and I dont think that it would be very realistic to think that Olivia would want that either.
Quote Post Goto Top

Win
[ * ]
Amanda, I'm not sure what you've read that confirms for you, personally, that CC is "happy with this storyline". All actors talk up their stories in the press, whether they like them or not. To do otherwise would be professional suicide. As far as I'm concerned we do not know CC's real opinion of this plot twist.

If Wheeler absolutely HAD to have a marriage occur between these two characters, then she should have had Jeffrey apologize to Olivia for raping her, because *whatever* doesn't cut it.

And AFTER Olivia had foriven Jeffrey for the SPECIFIC crime he commited against her, she could then agree to his proposal for the simple sake of legitimizing Ava before she died. One last good deed.

Win
Edited by Win, Mar 27 2008, 10:00 AM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Before I leave this board, I have to say that I have never seen ruder treatment of an actor or his character that people here have toward Brad Cole. It's really not his fault that Jeffrey has been written the way he was. He's one of the best on Daytime.....or anywhere else and did not ask to be thrown into that awful so-called rape story. Actually, I've always thought that entire scenario was instigated by Olivia.....out one night to raise a little Hell. She sure did, not only with the story, but with fans. Time to ease off I think. Bye-bye
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: