Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Latest Ratings March 10-March14
Topic Started: Mar 20 2008, 02:35 PM (581 Views)
Erik
[ *  * ]
It would stand to reason people don't get to see Olivia's human side, because basketball is on (Friday). At least the lower rating was on Thursday when Olivia was shown as a plot device to whew the audiance with the idea of a threesome.

They can count one less from now on anyways. I can't watch with what's to come and I don't think I'll be watching again this time. I'll complain, but in the end, I'm afraid that'll be miscontrued for watching. I guess an opressed minority needs to look like an opressed minority, just like a loud fan base needs to get their way in order to opress that minority (I'm not talking about the couple they'll lose either-the fact they'll lose that is chunk change compared to opression, which ironically might be what they might cry when the other couple gets together.).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Erik
[ *  * ]
summanice
Mar 21 2008, 03:05 AM
How the hell is an Olivia advertorial an answer to Pepsi's question about how ratings work?
I didn't quote pepsi and I didn't even read pepsi's post anyways. My post had nothing to do with pepsi's.

How do the ratings work? Well, there's the viewers in number and then there's the number of households that actually watch the shows. Those two numbers are put together for the ratings. So, it is possible to have more viewers and be lower in the ratings.

Demographics play a big part too. More dollars go out to shows with better 18-34 and 18-49 ratings. Advertisers love the young people. Still, everybody does play a part.

I don't know how SON gets the numbers, but I imagine it comes from an inside source or maybe from a magazine (Do they have ratings?).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply