Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Another GL Actor Snapped Up by ABC?; And it isn't Martha Byrne
Topic Started: Mar 19 2008, 12:09 PM (1,825 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

A well placed source has a GL actor whose contract is up this spring already in talks with Frons at ABC. They would get a meaty deal along the same vein as Ricky Paull Goldin. Further evidence suggests this actor will be seen at AMC, too. And, before you ask, this is another big name actor who has had her fill of Wheeler's antics.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

SOD has already reported said that it is Beth Ehlers. It's in April 1 issue
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

OMG!!!!

Beth Ehlers!?!?

If they are both leaving then why can't they be written off together!?!?
Quote Post Goto Top

stampurr
Member Avatar
[ * ]
It would be very interesting if AMC signed Beth E. to play Liza who was briefly involved with Jake (RPG's character) years ago. In fact, there was a sick little story about that. Liza wanted a baby but was single. Jake offered to ........ er .......... make a donation to the cause ;) so Liza figured she was having Jake's baby. However, her ex-husband, Adam, bought the sperm bank and substituted HIS little swimmers for Jake's making the child Adam's instead! :jerry:

Also, Marcy Walker who originated the role of Liza has left acting.

I don't know if I could accept Beth E. in the role of Liza though. I've seen her as Harley for too long.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I know who I think this is, but I haven't had confirmation yet. There is one that has a contract up in May and she is displeased (like a lot of other actors) with her character's direction. I'll be sure to post when I know for sure (I do know Brian Frons at ABC is a huge fan of this actor).
Quote Post Goto Top

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh wow...would be ironic. Go Frons? The question mark is because it feels so against my nature to be cheering anything having to do with him.

southsidegirl
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
SuperSage
Mar 19 2008, 01:54 PM
I know who I think this is, but I haven't had confirmation yet. There is one that has a contract up in May and she is displeased (like a lot of other actors) with her character's direction. I'll be sure to post when I know for sure (I do know Brian Frons at ABC is a huge fan of this actor).
Hey SS, are you saying it is someone besides Beth Ehlers?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Oh man, if its Beth Ehlers it would be a big slap in the face to Wheeler and Kreizman!
But I would not blame her for leaving. Hopefully Crystal Chappell, Kim Zimmer and Gina Tognoni will all get great deals with ABC also. Their stories on GL are as bad as BE's.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

If Beth Ehlers, Gina, Kim, & Crystal all leave, I will stop watching the show.. what would be left?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

southsidegirl
Mar 19 2008, 06:57 PM
SuperSage
Mar 19 2008, 01:54 PM
Hey SS, are you saying it is someone besides Beth Ehlers?
I've learned the hard way lately that I should have firm information before naming the actor or actors involved. I do think it is Beth Ehlers, as she is the only big name actress to have a contract up for renewal this spring, and I know that Frons is a huge fan of hers. She is really the only one this blind item could be about.

Again, I don't have a firm confirmation yet and we may not until May.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

While I haven't liked the writing for Harley for a long time, it would leave a huge hole in the canvas if she left. Figures that they might finally finish her house just before she leaves town.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't think I would even miss Harley. She has become so unwatchable and disgusting to me.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

I love Harley but Ehlers could do wonders on any ABC soap. They'd be lucky to get her. She's stayed way too long at this party.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

If it is Beth Ehlers I guess we can finally put to bed the rumor that she is dating Murray Bartlett. If it was true why would she leave and be complaining about her storyline.

She would make a good Liza if they decide to go in that direction.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

JAYJAY
Mar 19 2008, 01:12 PM
OMG!!!!

Beth Ehlers!?!?

If they are both leaving then why can't they be written off together!?!?
Because that would have been too easy! There is no way if both BE and RPG choose to leave on their own that EW would even consider letting them go out happy and together, she just doesn't do it that way. It seems if you decide to leave GL, your character must leave feet first, unless of course you're Jonathan.

I hope this is true since I watch ABC soaps all the time anyways, should be interesting!
Quote Post Goto Top

Paddy
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  * ]
After what Ellen Wheeler has done to Harley, and so many of the other characters, I hope if it is Beth Ehlers, she is able to get away from GL and hopefully go to a show where her talents are appreciated!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I wouldn't miss Harley. Every character need some downtime at some point. Good luck to Beth if it is her.

Quote Post Goto Top

Manifan
[ *  * ]
Cupcake
Mar 20 2008, 09:35 AM
I wouldn't miss Harley.

Sadly, I won't miss her either. EW has done a total destruction of the character. I don't even recognize her anymore. "Harley" is already gone.

I think the ruining of Harley was a way for EW to get Beth off the show, as she's now approaching the dreaded 40 number that Wheelie hates. I expect more vets to follow until all GL has left is a few fluff, powderpuff actresses who cost next -to-nothing to use. I really feel for Beth. I'll bet it breaks her heart to leave the actors she's been with for so long. She's probably mad and sad at the same time.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That makes me very sad to think that BE might be leaving even though I don't like how she is being written now. Fact is , I don't like how any one is being written. I am sad to say I think GL is on it's last legs and will be gone in another year or so .
Quote Post Goto Top

Marg
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
It wouldn't surprise me at all, if BE did leave GL. The character of Harley has really been trashed this time (it was bad enough under Paul Rauch).

However, would it really help Beth's career for her to follow Ricky over to AMC? They are not attached at the hip. This sounds much like the Manny fans thinking any career move PAS made, NSA should be involved in as well. Probably, not wise thinking for anyone.

As for Martha Bryne, it certainly is no secret amongst though of us who watch ATWT, that she has always been demanding about storylines and salary, regardless of what is reported in soap mags. I would not be surprised if she turned her back on daytime all together.

Marg.
Edited by Marg, Mar 20 2008, 03:41 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I won't miss Harley one bit
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Marg
Mar 20 2008, 12:54 PM
It wouldn't surprise me at all, if BE did leave GL. The character of Harley has really been trashed this time (it was bad enough under Paul Rauch).

However, would it really help Beth's career for her to follow Ricky over to AMC? They are not attached at the hip. This sounds much like the Manny fans thinking any career move PAS made, NSA should be involved in as well. Probably, not wise thinking for anyone.

As for Martha Bryne, it certainly is no secret amongst though of us who ATWT, that she has always been demanding about storylines and salary, regardless of what is reported in soap mags. I would not be surprised if she turned her back on daytime all together.

Marg.
I have to agree that I'm hoping -- for Beth AND Ricky's sake -- that this rumor isn't true, and that if Beth is leaving GL, it's not to join AMC. I've learned in life never to say NEVER, but just what are the odds their new characters would work as a couple and yet everyone would be expecting the same kind of magic? (And yes, I did think the way Gus and Harley worked together was magical.)

As for Martha Byrne, well, she admitted in her Chat that the stumbling block in contract negotiations involved number of days worked. She was asking that her contract specify the same number she worked this past year. To me, that does, in a way, demand some control over storyline and I can understand TPTB not agreeing to it.

Liz
Quote Post Goto Top

Amanda
[ * ]
Marg
Mar 20 2008, 12:54 PM
As for Martha Bryne, it certainly is no secret amongst though of us who ATWT, that she has always been demanding about storylines and salary, regardless of what is reported in soap mags. I would not be surprised if she turned her back on daytime all together.
Martha has clarified in interviews and chats of late that this recent conflict had absolutely nothing to do with storyline or salary. She said she has never and would never ask for storyline approval in her contract, as nobody gets that. Also, she took a huge pay cut last year in order to stay. Her request this year was that she work as many days next year as the past year, and that's it. Martha is a lady of strong character, and so I am inclined to believe her over various rumors (speculation) in the press.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope this is true because Beth Ehlers is a very talented actress who has been a loyal employee of GL for many years, and since they don't really seem to appreciate or respect her character anymore, I think it would be great for her to go where she's appreciated again.

My best guess is that if she went to AMC, her character and Jake wouldn't hook up for a good while. Ricky will be establishing himself as Jake, and Beth would be doing the same thing with her character. I think it would be a mistake to just immediately try to pair them up. But eventually, I would like to see that happen.

rose

Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hi,
Isn't is it sad how many of us really wouldn't miss Harley. Truth is, I won't miss Gus either - he's never been a fav of mine - altho I love RPG. I haven't liked Harley in a good long time - it probably goes back to when she was married to Phillip and just couldn't get past what happened with him and Beth in the plane when they thought they were going to die. Harley has always been her own worst enemy - her life always self-destructs for one reason or another. I hate what TPTB have done to the characater too - I'm not liking very much of anything on GL these days - but when you've watched a show for as many years as I have - it's hard to walk away and I just keep hoping something will change. Unfortunately- all the change I've seen so far - isn't all that great. The one person that keeps me watching is Kim Zimmer. I love the lady and I love Reva and what's more - I love JEVA. It's been a hard last few years losing Ross and Grant and seeing to total destruction of the Bauer family and then to watch Josh and Reva fall apart and Josh marry icky Cassie. The up side is I do watch AMC so I will get to see RPG take on his new role. If Beth follows this Spring - that's not so bad either. One thing I will never do tho - is give up on GL. I'll never stop hoping that someday the show will find it's true "Light" again.

lindy
Quote Post Goto Top

failsafe
[ *  * ]
I agree that if BE did leave, I wouldn't miss Harley. She's been front burner plus for too long while other characters like Blake have gone unused.

Amanda
[ * ]
lindylu24
Mar 20 2008, 02:19 PM
Isn't is it sad how many of us really wouldn't miss Harley.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. It is sad, and a terrible shame. I am ready for Cyrus and Harley to go to France and get out of my face. That is quite a change from Harley being my favorite character for the last 20 years. Very sad. And very disturbing.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Just goes to show the power of writing. It is the writing that has ruined the character of Harley for so many viewers. Why can't they write characters that we can root for and like? At this point I can't think of one character I really like.
Quote Post Goto Top

tanyia2
[ * ]
kelsey
Mar 20 2008, 05:31 PM
Just goes to show the power of writing. It is the writing that has ruined the character of Harley for so many viewers. Why can't they write characters that we can root for and like? At this point I can't think of one character I really like.
Ellen Wheeler is a hack that doesn't give a damn about the fans. :rant:

Deleted User
Deleted User

I hope this blind item isn't about Beth either. I'm a huge fan of hers and Harley. I know it may be rare here and on other boards but I also like Cyrus and Harley together.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: