Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
TVBuzz is open for new registration.

Join our community!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
~GL Spoilers & Discussion~; Week of March 24, 2008
Topic Started: Mar 15 2008, 05:18 PM (5,323 Views)
Win
[ * ]
dax
Mar 29 2008, 05:52 AM
Man, this show is terrible.

I've never really liked RPG (thought well of him once- those non-wedding break-up scenes with Harley were really good), but what a lousy write-off for a guy that's been on six or seven years, whatever it was... those final scenes with Harley and Alan... ugh. Even a guy I don't think much of deserved better than THAT...

It's just so embarrassing... you shouldn't feel so bad for the actors that they have to say these shitty lines and do these stupid, stupid things...

I'd rather see GL dead than continue like this.
I'd rather see Olivia dead than married to her rapist.
I'd rather see Crystal Chappell out of a job than have to... sigh.

Wheeler's entire "creative process" appears to be based on her own psychological dysfunction and the need to punish anyone who dares to question that process. I still can't believe she "went there" with Olivia & Jeffrey. I can't believe the blatant finger flipping at the actors, the audience and the Daytime press, all of whom were outraged by her original contempt for the rape issue. The sheer damage she's managed inflict on this show in just four years, is absolutely astounding. Under her "vision", rooting value has been systematically eradicated from every character and every storyline, and the actors (well, a few of them, anyway) are the only thing keeping what's left of the "real" GL alive. Unfortunately, sick leadership results in a sick show, and the actors -- skilled and dedicated as they are -- are only a bandaid.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shelle_cr
Member Avatar
Contributor
[ *  *  *  * ]
Olivia was on five days a week?

Unbelievable. I guess we're pretty done for this year with her.

Btw some episodes are on already, others will follow.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Oh, I just wanted to say how I felt about Olivia marrying her rapist over at CBS' message board and I got called all sorts of names. I imagine if Wheeler only looked at that board, she see a board infested with some illogical fans that probably believes Jeffery is up for Pope.

I guess I did something for those offended. I sure didn't do it for myself.

And I'm going to send a letter to Crystal. I never have before. I'm going to suggest to her to quit. She has other projects as a writer and producer. She makes a crap load of money (in her words). Once her contract expires, she can find work elsewhere as an actress.
Edited by Erik, Mar 30 2008, 01:12 AM.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
Going to trust the tvmegasite transcript, and say the kid in the Friday scenes with Gus and Harley was Jude, and not Zach.

Unless... anyone disagree?

Amanda
[ * ]
dax
Mar 30 2008, 02:00 AM
Going to trust the tvmegasite transcript, and say the kid in the Friday scenes with Gus and Harley was Jude, and not Zach.

Unless... anyone disagree?
Your guess is as good as mine. In that twilight zone episode where Harley was prominently featured in the beginning like she was Susie Homemaker, there were two kids sitting at the table, neither of which looked like Zach to me. Maybe he has been recast, since Nicholas Art (soo cute) has been keeping pretty busy with other projects (did anybody see The Nanny Diaries?)

Anyway, I wish somebody would offer an explanation. That kid has been on GL so long, we should at least get a "Zach Spaulding is now being played by....." or Harley could at least call her kids by name sometimes if they're going to switch them up on us like that. Of course, the way Harley has been acting lately, maybe she doesn't even realize which of her kids is which herself.

It is too bad we didn't get any "goodbye" scenes between RPG and Nicholas Art. They clearly adore each other, and the characters were great together.

Dax
Admin
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think they've been using a 'sub' Zach, definitely, if he's not a permanent replacement. We have been seeing a Zach that hasn't been Nicholas Art (who, right, gets a lot of work elsewhere, and wouldn't/shouldn't always be available to GL).

And then they've recast Jude... but then we saw the kid-who-until-very-recently-WAS-Jude in the same scene as the NEW Jude, as an extra (though one that sat on Lillian's lap). That was weird.

Erik
[ *  * ]
Maybe Jude objected of his story and EW demoted him.

shelle_cr
Member Avatar
Contributor
[ *  *  *  * ]
The whole week is up.

blosslover
Member Avatar
Elite Members
[ *  *  *  * ]
I finished watching last week's worth of GL at midnight, and since I didn't want to start the work week wrong, I went to sleep instead of coming back on-line to post.

Early in the week, Marina forgave Cyrus for his wrongs, then later in the week Olivia forgave Jeffrey again. Was GL's theme this week forgiveness, and why would that be? Are they wanting us to forgive them?

Anyway, what was interesting to me was how Vanessa contrasted the forgiveness theme with her comments to Harley about Cyrus. She stood up for the opposing standpoint on that. Saying that he would never change, so expect to be hurt, while the others were move on from said hurt. In a way, Vanessa's reaction fits what happened to her with Matt. He slept with older women and got paid for it, and well Billy the alcoholic though does this mean we won't get Billy/Vanessa reunion part (I've lost count.) Cyrus stalking her makes me want to grr. Vanessa nearly giving Dinah her job back was nice. I think Dinah is enjoying her ruining Alan more though I think she will get slammed for it eventually.

It feels like the big story regarding Peyton's paternity is now over, with Alan being the daddy. Beth seemingly has given up on her marriage with her chat about getting an apartment. Rick is only seen as a doctor, with no love interest. Rick hasn't lost his job, he isn't in jail. Cassie hasn't lost her job, she isn't in jail. Josh lost his job, but not for long. What is this?

I do feel for the actors having to film outside in the winter. That could be so crazy, awful cold for everyone involved. I think the water birds in the pond looked the most warm and they were kind of cute. ;)

Cyrus going after Daisy for making some fake ids for some classmates. Do as I say and not as I do? Compared to his cons what she is doing is nothing....

I agree with megasite that it was Jude. The captions also stated Jude and Cyrus or Harley called him by name.

There was really no point to show Roc Hoover, except if they promoted it to the sports fans and to remind us of that book about Harley/Mallet.

When Buzz said that if Olivia wanted to get married, she should have asked him. I nodded my head in agreement. Getting a memorial park for Olivia didn't work for me. She isn't Bert Bauer, and it isn't like the park is on the grounds of the Beacon. That would have made more sense.

So Ava isn't pregnant (at least not yet), and Bill and Lizzie get it on again. I do have to give them credit in the one Jeffrey/Reva scene as he was wearing gloves so there is no way she would have seen the ring.

Oh I think we saw Wheeler's office this week with the scenes with the Cooper guys in the church and then the pedicures. That was weird. I'm sorry, but Frank's comment about Josh being older was kind of stupid. Compared to Ashlee, Frank is a lot closer in age to Josh and he may be a better person to talk to for advice then her. Josh knows what it is like to be removed from his job. Oh and what was up with Josh and the pie? The reference to the Bible and Miss Martha was nice.

With the whole rape thing, I just go back to Another World, and while I was into AW, it isn't GL. And Jeffrey isn't Jake McKinnon and Olivia isn't Marley.

BL (whose at least got a thrill this past week from OLTL with them hiring Tom O'Rourke to play in scenes with JvD. It was an awesome surprise though I suffered from major cognitive dissonance.)

Erik
[ *  * ]
Quote:

When Buzz said that if Olivia wanted to get married, she should have asked him

First off, I didn't see any of this, so all I have to say is coming form that.

I'm assuming she didn't marry Buzz, because she loves him. That's why she didn't marry him last year. She was afraid of hurting him (a sign of a woman having had so much taken from her, but a feeling woman nonetheless). I think the fact they don't get married is synthomatic of this show's anit-love aspect (It's two contract players for Pete's sake!). Granted, there's Josh and Cassie, but no one loves their love. It's based on hurting Reva and people won't accept that (a fact I think EW relishes on). It's kind of how Jeffery and Reva are for me, in that they are based on demantling Olivia and I'm assuming that will happen again (I'm certan). So, no romance can be pure like Buzz and Olivia was. There's always an agenda that has nothing to do with love.

I'm sure soaps are full of rapes that revolve around romance. You can't have layers if you hide the layers in idiocies. For example, Ava should HATE her father. She never has for one second. This is hiding layers, making layers useless. If they want their Jake and Marley or whatever they are called, then it be smart to write a less stupid story. Truths are held self-evident. These writers should know that. We just stew in our smarts waiting for them to be smart and as a result, many of us are offended. Part of me is offended for the stupidity. The other part is offended the way it all makes rape look by mislayed interpretation, which is still a truth no matter how stupid it is.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Guiding Light · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: