Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Important Links
Announcements
Log-In
>Site Welcome<
>Rules and Regulations<
>The Plot<
Welcome to Avada Kedavra!
This site is a Harry Potter Alternate Universe RPG!
Please be sure to read the important links to the left before registering!!

Username:
Password:

Our Affiliates:

Be Part of Our Family!!:
Avada Kedavra RPG

Add Reply
Board Themes
Topic Started: 12 Aug 2009, 12:46 AM (593 Views)
Minerva McGonagall
Member Avatar

Okay you guys!

I went out on a whim and decided to make some more board themes along with the Avada Kedavra V2 theme. The new ones are House Themes. Nothing is different between this one and the ones of the new themes except that they are done in the colors of the house. Incase your forget, the colors are below.

Gryffindor - Scarlet and Gold
Slytherin - Emerald and Silver
Ravenclaw - Navy and Bronze
Hufflepuff - Yellow and Black

One more thing that is new to the boards is the Expand and Collaspe buttons. If you remember, there was an orange Plus sign and a Blue Minus sign to the right of each category. These have been changed to "Aparecium" and "Evanesco" Which are spells from the books. Just click them and see what happens!

Also, don't forget about the hidden areas on the board! I made sure that the links were not noticeable in the new themes, so you can't find them by switching around! Just play with the descriptions of the board... I'm sure you'll find them! ;)

That's all for now! Keep up the great posting and don't forget to advertise and recruit!!

Becca

P.S. Feedback goes here too! Let me know what you think!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ginny Weasley
Member Avatar

Oh awesome! I tried posting when this was under the announcement page, but it wouldn't let me! Apparently I don't have permission to post in those boards. I did send you a PM about this instead, but you can just ignore that now!

Anyway, I love the new skins! I really like that there is one for each house! Not only does it kind of make things more individualized for each character, but it also helps me remember which character I'm logged in as! My only concern is that on all of the 4 house ones, it is a bit difficult to see when new replies have been posted. On the new AK one though, it is super easy to read because there is a bit contrast between the picture that has no new replies and the picture that does. So maybe instead of using brighter colors of the same font, why not use the alternating house color? For example, in the Slytherin one, instead of using a brighter white, maybe use a green for the figure for a board with new replies in it? That would lead to greater contrast, but still fit in with the theme.

I still haven't found any of these hidden places that you mentioned though, and I'm starting to get frustrated! haha I'll find one eventually I hope!

Oh, last thing! The Evanesco buttons; great job on renaming them something to fit in with the theme! However, when I click on them, nothing happens. The boards don't collapse. It isn't that big of a deal, since they aren't buttons that I use a whole lot anyway, but I thought I would let you know!

Anyway, keep up the great work that you've done so far! This site is awesome, even if I had a super busy weekend and didn't have time to post!

-Alex

Minerva McGonagall
Member Avatar

Thanks for the notifications!

Firstly, I'll say that you need to play attention to board descriptions. Honestly, I have forgotten where I put them myself, but it can be anything from a word to a punctuation mark. Just keep your eyes peeled! :)

As far as the Aparecium and Evanesco buttons, which browser are you using? I've tested them out on all skins, and they work fine for me on IE and Safari. I remember Firefox working as well back when I was using it primarily. Just let me know and I'll see if I can't test it out.

I'm going to be figuring out a support form for everyone. I think it'll make it easier so that we can have one-on-one conversations with each other to sort out the issues. :)

P.S. Sorry, I forgot that the first category of forums are Staff-only just to keep spammer guests away. Nothing personal, I figured that would help utilize this Suggestion/Ideas forum lol.

Ginny Weasley
Member Avatar

I'll keep looking for them then!

I use IE 8, so if it works for you it should work for me, at least in theory. But yeah, nothing happens, so I don't know.

P.S. Don't worry about it! It makes sense to have them staff only!

Hermione Granger
Member Avatar
Administrator
I'm starting to wornder just how compatible IE is with Zetaboards. For me, it's the messenging, for you it's the contract/expand feature. I'm trying to switch my browser or at least get the others to work again so I won't have this issue. I'm really not sure how to resolve that for you, unless it's some sort of Javascript that you'd need a patch for, but I highly doubt it's that since mostly everything is done with PHP and simple HTML... lol

Ginny Weasley
Member Avatar

Oh, I guess it might be a computer thing. My laptop is 4 years, doesn't play a lot of youtube videos simply because he doesn't want to, and even when I try to use the expand buttons in FF, it doesn't work. So I'll blame Patrick, my computer! Just don't tell him that, or he'll start to feel bad and crash or something.

Hermione Granger
Member Avatar
Administrator
Haha, I'm waiting on mine to crash so I can go buy a new one... is that bad? I love mine a bunch, but I need more than 1GB of RAM lol...

Ginny Weasley
Member Avatar

Tell me about it! I've added more RAM, since mine originally came with like, 526MB or something. It was bad. But I really want a duel processor! lol

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Suggestions/Ideas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

RPG-D RPGCollection Forumwar Roleplay

Wizards.pro Science Fiction and Fantasy Topsites List Harry Potter Topsites Fans of Fantasy Topsites PPN Top 50
::Topsites Zonko's - [Zks]::
Vote For Avada Kedavra
at Top Harry Potter Sites!!!

TopSiteList
Harry Potter  RPG
© WebRing Inc.
Harry Potter RPG by webusiness
<< Prev | Ring Hub | Join | Rate| Next >>