Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Alternia
News

After several months of work, we are pleased to announce the official release of Alternia's new theme: Aetherium! Go check out the announcement by Sen to learn more about what all has changed!

Alternia is still in the middle of a revamp, but things are once again progressing smoothly. The hold on the day-to-day activities will remain in place as we continue working on everything. As always, the continued patience of our members is greatly appreciated and we apologize for the time it's taking us to finish up.

Be sure to consult the Site Revamp Information Update thread for the most recent information regarding the revamp.

Our Credits Page

A little info on how the Credits page works. As you add onto Alternia, we will be adding your name and what you have added. Be it site protocol, new events, Fakemon, items, or well, practically anything. We will now be giving proper credit to all those who add to our site. The current credit page is always going to be a major work in progress. I [Snow] am looking towards making it a bit easier to read through and a little more aesthetically pleasing. Some large projects, such as large events, are going to stay grouped rather than give individual credit to keep as much space as we can. As a note, to continue to use some sprites that we are currently using, we must have this link available where the entire site can see and easily seen, which is why I chose this spot. For future reference, this cannot be removed unless replaced with another link or better credit page.
Coming Soon
Welcome to Alternia. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
I'm Just Put This Here
Topic Started: Feb 25 2012, 06:03 PM (317 Views)
Bcadren
Member Avatar
I ain't no dead yet
http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219443p1.html

Discuss.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I'm not writing creepy Nintendo slash fic with you especially not one between a pokemon and some angry ammunition.
Off

She Screams
Member Avatar
We'd have to find a whole lot of gnomes.
looks fake to me.. and if it's real and they're starting with fusions that's way to digimony for me >>
PC | Journey
Posted Image

Refusing to give up, or let go; No matter the oposition, obstacles or challanges ahead.
Don't judge that what you do not know.
Not everyone will live as a fake person to please fake people.

Team Spoiler

Cbox Moments
Off

Snow
Member Avatar
Overlord of Random
Its official. Those are the games coming out in June of this year.
Do not ref list

Links

--Posted Image | Posted Image | PC | Land--
Posted Image::Happy Go Lucky::Posted Image
Future Study: Light Clay
[img]http://www.pokeproject.net/resources/item-sprites/light-clay.png[/img]
Has some wierd power that prolongs the effects of psychic shields. Must study to learn more on how it effects the shields and if it can be used to assist in the teaching of the shields.

Snow vs Manuel ToA Finals
Posted ImagePosted Image[img]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu105/Muuta/SnowChibi-1.png[/img]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Off

Mezmo
Member Avatar
Alternia's Old Man
I'd like to see a direct sequel to the games, using the same region. As for the pic, I don't know if that's a fusion or not. It could be an alternate form, which we've seen for several other Pokemon. It could also be an evolution, though that's never happened for a legendary Pokemon before.

On a side note, Audry Drake over at IGN is hillarious. I can't wait for the next ign podcast, I'm sure this news will inspire a round of "make up the Pokemon name."

What's the flat-tire Pokemon? Flatyranosaurus.
The Team
:toa1stplace | :toa3rdplace | Posted Image | :toa1stplace
CC Millenia | CC Profile | CC PC
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Off

Snow
Member Avatar
Overlord of Random
@Mezmo both images are Kyurem's new Forms for the new Games Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2. The Zekrom trace is Black Kyurem and the Reshiram Trace is White Kyurem (racist I know XD) Each has the Ice Burn and Freeze Shock attacks respectively.
Do not ref list

Links

Has some wierd power that prolongs the effects of psychic shields. Must study to learn more on how it effects the shields and if it can be used to assist in the teaching of the shields.

Posted ImagePosted Image[img]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu105/Muuta/SnowChibi-1.png[/img]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Off

Albino Kitsune
Member Avatar
~Dreaming Darkly~
YES
Posted Image
Hibiki's Profile/Hibiki's Journey/Hibiki's Computer
Posted Image

Dream Team
Off

Snow
Member Avatar
Overlord of Random
Slightly new thing surfaced. Masuda is refering to White Kyurem and Black Kyurem as "NEW" legendary Pokemon. Something that hasn't been referenced like this before as the other times forms were made they were referenced as forms.

So until March's Coro Coro these can possibly be new forms or new Pokemon all together. Unless Masuda corrects his twitter statement before then.
Do not ref list

Links

Posted Image
Posted Image
Off

Ridley Aran
Member Avatar
King of Epic
I think it's lame and I'm tired of the money grubbing company that is game freak. They barely...enhance their games. It's the same boat Call of Duty is on yet no one gets on them about it.
PC
Posted ImagePosted Image

:abra :male Lv.8:charmander :male Lv. 10:bulbasaur :female Lv. 5
:cestar :male Lv.8

Spoiler: click to toggle
Off

Jsol
Member Avatar
Alternia's resident Canadian Jew
Oh I hate the fact that they keep reusing the same basic game. It's all the same thing.

Starter town --> First town --> First gym --> Meet evil team --> Collect gym badges/defeat evil team --> Elite 4 --> Confront evil team final boss/legendary Pokemon --> Post-game exploration

They should make games more like Colosseum and Colosseum XD but better and with more exploration and Pokemon variety. An actual RPG, not the same game I've been playing since I was 4.
:reshiram ~: The Prince :~ Posted Image :~ His Exile ~: :zekrom
~:~ PC ~:~

The Royal Entourage

The Kings of Heaven

MOD INFO
Pink since: 03/27/11
Refs done since re-modship: 212
Green since: 08/15/11
Move-Tutors done since re-greenship: 58
Journeys Started: 4
Retired since: 09/04/12
Off

Ridley Aran
Member Avatar
King of Epic
Jsol
Feb 25 2012, 11:42 PM
Oh I hate the fact that they keep reusing the same basic game. It's all the same thing.

Starter town --> First town --> First gym --> Meet evil team --> Collect gym badges/defeat evil team --> Elite 4 --> Confront evil team final boss/legendary Pokemon --> Post-game exploration

They should make games more like Colosseum and Colosseum XD but better and with more exploration and Pokemon variety. An actual RPG, not the same game I've been playing since I was 4.
Glad to see Jsol Agrees. Unfortunately, people keep buying it. I'd rather they stop creating new Pokemon and instead just focus on creating a decent 3D Adventure or possibly (and call me crazy) but an MMORPG.
PC
Posted ImagePosted Image

:abra :male Lv.8:charmander :male Lv. 10:bulbasaur :female Lv. 5
:cestar :male Lv.8

Spoiler: click to toggle
Off

Snow
Member Avatar
Overlord of Random
Your map is a bit screwed. You meet the bad guy teams at vastly different intervals and the layouts for some of the city maps are different too between most games. When it comes to it, these games are for children so yes they will be repeating the same thing over and over cause its easy for the target consumer to understand and play.

As for Call of Duty series, yes they are hit all the time, people just don't care. With games like that there is very little room for improvement and a lot of things become the same thing over and over again unless they add more realistic options for trap setting and environment interaction.
Do not ref list

Links

Posted Image
Posted Image
Off

Albino Kitsune
Member Avatar
~Dreaming Darkly~
Or because the people that complain about it are the minority and some of us genuinely enjoy the non-metagame of the pokemon games.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dream Team
Off

MilesMilitis
Member Avatar
Alternia's current longest-lasting Gmod. RETIRED
I -would- like to see the company create a Colosseum/XD-esque game again, with some sort of adventure that deviates from the normal plot. Or hell, maybe even integrate a more realistic aspect into the normal game. The game itself would probably benefit from a style like Colosseum/XD, as far as the graphics go (as opposed to a one-block character, have a human-like character, etc.). And then perhaps allow for more side-plotting during the game.

On the other hand, the only game I haven't enjoyed so far is Diamond and Pearl, and the only reason for that is because I hated their Pokemon. The first three and Gen V are great xD. Snow makes a good point in that the game is geared toward the younger population because it's a better money-maker. When a kid wants a game, they'll probably go MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY until the game is bought (as opposed to most adults, who have to think about all this stuff more rationally). I still enjoy the system, because despite the story being from the same cut as the others, it's still different in many ways. Especially now, the gym leaders are becoming more and more a factor in the games. In the first generation, you probably didn't see them interact with your character, other than at the gym. In the third generation, they made the gym leader your father. In the fourth, you had to meet the first leader in the mines first. In the newest one, the evil team (whose name escapes me) pretty much attacks very near the first few gyms. Little things like that are what makes these games still playable, and I don't know if you guys aren't looking at it that way or not. Maybe you guys are yearning for the end objective rather than the ride.
Profile | PC | Journey
Ref/Journey Information:
Pokemon:
Julia's Pokemon:
Wishlist
Dream Team
Sub-Ins
Quotes of Great Hilarity
Off

Jsol
Member Avatar
Alternia's resident Canadian Jew
I dunno, I wish they deviated a little bit. I see your point about it being geared for children. Honestly, I haven't really LOVED any of them since gen II. I haven't really loved any of the Pokemon from gen III-V. In fact I think I dislike gen V the most. I'm not in love with any of the Pokemon except a select few, and I don't love the region. My favourite was gen II because you got to go back to Kanto and see what's changed. Heart Gold has so far been my favourite game of all, because of how they gave more detail into Team Rocket and the admins (actually giving them names and unique personalities and sprites). The region is amazing and it is the closest we have so far to a direct sequel to any of the main games. Even something like that, where the plot isn't the same kind of cut and paste system is great.

Of course that doesn't mean I won't keep getting the games they come up with. Call me a hypocrite, even the slight changes in region and Pokemon are better than playing the same one over and over.
Edited by Jsol, Feb 26 2012, 12:38 PM.
:reshiram ~: The Prince :~ Posted Image :~ His Exile ~: :zekrom
~:~ PC ~:~

The Royal Entourage

The Kings of Heaven

MOD INFO
Pink since: 03/27/11
Refs done since re-modship: 212
Green since: 08/15/11
Move-Tutors done since re-greenship: 58
Journeys Started: 4
Retired since: 09/04/12
Off

Albino Kitsune
Member Avatar
~Dreaming Darkly~
Hoenn is my favorite region. Johto my least. Unova comes close to being my fav but it still isn't as diverse as the Hoenn region.

Still hate Gen IV.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Dream Team
Off

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Video Game Discussion · Next Topic »