Overlord of Random
- Dec 26, 2008
Making this as an Announcement because it shows up in every Forum. These are the Rules that were previously posted in the Miscellaneous Info section of the How to Play Area.
These are rules we as the staff have created to ensure that you all have fun on the forum. Please follow them as best you can, or else we'll be forced to raise your warn level. All instances are handled on a case-by-case basis. These rules go for the Cbox as well and more will be added as we see fit.
- Administrators have absolute authority over the masses and all staff, and are the leaders of the site. Moderators may not have as much power, but still hold a degree of command when no one higher them themselves is present . Be respectful and courteous to them at all times, as long as they are respectful to you in turn. Defiling them subjects you to punishments of their will, in the site and on the cbox, after due warning is given.
- Offensive language is to be censored. Ones of lesser consequence can be said IN CHARACTER ONLY! Other than while RPing there is to be no Offensive Language on the board without censors. This is a PG-13 Board and we need to try to keep it as clean as possible.
- While we do allow suggested theme, you may not post anything involving Nudity or ACTUAL sexual acts anywhere on the board. Things like, being wrapped in a towel or covered by a robe are okay as long as it is stated clearly that the "problem" areas are covered. Use the Fade! The fade is just an act of time skipping something that involves a sexual act, but only use them if you absolutely HAVE to (like when breeding pokemon... nobody wants to see that.)
- Violence is tolerated when RPing and ONLY then. As long as you don't get too graphic on what's happening, things like gun shots and cuts are fine, but don't just go on and on about them. Of course, this doesn't go and give you the "okay" to go off and murder everyone in site, far from it. You cannot kill NPCs without a moderators permission, and in order to kill another Player's character you need the players permission AND moderator (Umod or Higher) permission. You can, on the other hand, kill your own Pokemon but I'm not entirely sure who would go ahead and do that. Besides, things might... happen to you, then...
Please note that consequences will follow you if you attempt murder. While you can kill with Mod permission, you will immediately be handed over to an Universal Moderator or an Admin for entering a Life or Death situation. Even after you kill the NPC/Pokemon, you will stay under Umod/Admin watch until WE clear you of danger. Then and only then can you relax.
- Porn and images suggesting sexual themes are NOT ALLOWED beyond the PG13 limit. If you are found intentionally posting Porn you will immediately be banned permanently, and if you post Sexual Themed Images you will receive a ban depending on the intensity of the offense.
- There is to be NO discussing of ROMs, Emulators, Hacking etc. Not only will you get in trouble, but you could get Alternia in trouble. If you want to talk to someone about it, take it to a messenger, but keep it off of Alternia.
- Cheating isn't tolerated. If you know you don't have something, don't pretend you do. So if you are a member and you put a Pikachu in your signature, saying you caught it in your journey, but didn't, don't expect to get away with it. Same goes for staff, since they are able to edit their profiles, we forbid them from editing their own profiles or journey reffs to avoid cheating.
- Side-Accounts need PERMISSION. A side-account is a second, third, fourth, etc. account that one makes in order to Rp with different character. While they ARE allowed, you MUST ask an Administrator if you may create one, if you are found making one without administrative permission it will be deleted and you will be warned.
You can have more than two but each account must be pre-approved by an Admin. You must also mark the account, identify it as an Alt to your current Main Account.
- Flaming is not tolerated by any means. Flaming is the act of arguing with another member on the board or cbox in an insulting manner, if you have a problem tell an Administrator and it will be taken care of.
- No Spamming, it's just annoying. If you have something to say, please say it in a mature manner. And while Double Posts are sometimes alright (Like in the case of bumps) we ask that you don't do it often, use the Edit Button.
- No Stealing of any of Alternia's information. If you want to use something, contact and admin and ask permission, we will usually be MORE than happy to let you use them.
- Advertising is to be kept OUT of posts and the Cbox, if you want to advertise something put it in your signature or make a topic in the Advertising Forum. If you are found linking to a site in a post, not only will the link be removed but the topic will be locked and archived, or banned in the cbox if it was posted there. Addressing it will be accompanied by a warning, then a Ban if it results in it. (This does not include sites like Youtube or Dragon Cave, just sites like forums and the like.)
- Impersonation is not allowed. Not only is it immature, but if you are found out you are likely to be banned or warned.
- Do not pester staff to do anything. Realize that, like you, the members of staff are people too and have lives outside of the site. If you pester enough, you may be warned and eventually become temporarily banned. Higher levels of staff telling others to do something is their chain of command, and is perfectly legal. Gmods are over Mods/Profilers, Umods over Gmods and those under, Admins over Umods and those under, while the person titled Head Admin has authority over all levels.
- If you are allowed to make a second account, the two accounts may not interact in any way. The same rule applies if you share a computer with someone else, if you have the same IP address you may not interact in any way.
Special rules for the Cbox. Everything in this list is things gathered overtime that are both annoying and interferer with the work on the site.
- No Changing names without an Admin's Approval first. You may PM the Admin and when you make the new name the Admin will justify your claim to a name change.
- DO NOT ASK FOR MODERATOR ASSISTANCE. You are not allowed to ask for someone to DO you Journey update in the Cbox, nor are you allowed to pester ANY staff about doing work. We are trying and nagging only slows us down. You can remind them about something that hasn't been touched in a long time or others are ignoring, but if this is not the case, it is unallowed.
- Do not Spam
If you can't fit more than three words to a line then do not post. Using "..." repeatedly, as seen above, is spam.
- Creating false information about the site and complaining about the rate of work on the site are both ban-able. We are doing what we can as fast as we can. Nagging and complaining only slow us down as we have to stop and address the issue you are whining about. Making false accusations about the site. i.E the site is "dead" is also ban-able under this rule. You are creating false information and a bad view of the site. No, the site is not dead just because there haven't been posts for a few hours. It means people are doing other things. They have lives and are living them. A site is not considered dead until there hasn't been a post for at least a month. Constantly repeating the Cbox is dead will get you a short ban as it is annoying. We don't like dealing with people that say that because its a negative influence on the site, and caused by people in it actually doing productive things on the site.
- No Advertising another forum site in our Cbox. Even comparing their site to Alternia is a form of advertisement. You can however just mention the name of the site so long as your post doesn't look like its selling it. No "Oh this site is so good. This site is a piece of s***. That is advertising. You will be warned twice, and then banned on the following offenses.
- If you don't like a comment or something in the comment then say you do not like it. DO NOT FLAME what the conversation is about. I don't care if you have the want to go into a blind rage every time you hear or see the word Teletubies. If they are mentioned in the Cbox in a discussion DO NOT FLAME IT. You will be banned. Flamming is the act of getting into an 'argument' where one continuously throws insults at the other side.
- If you have an issue with your journey. DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT flame the moderator who did it in the cbox and constantly whine about the ref. No you do not get your way. Anyone who acts like a spoiled brat will be treated like one. Post any issues you have in the correct thread. We will do what we can if we need to do anything about it.
- You will be banned forever if you post a Rickroll or jumping screen encoded links. First time is a warning, second time the ban is placed. There will be no taking back the ban once it is placed in.
- Other than all these, the rules of the Site also apply in the Cbox.